RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,361 to 25,380 of 37,093 messages
10/01/2013 at 12:59
Minni wrote (see)
Carter - enjoy it. Possibly your team are using the crash and burn strategy?!

I have every faith in the team so not worried in the slightest. We had people running with legs bandaged up and two days after having tumors removed last year. These are not people who give in. We will be in top place when it matters!

;-)

Minni/Spoons - ...not to mention torn Speedos!

2old - Based on your mara times, you won't have to worry about running behind me at VLM.

DD - Nice interval splits.

AA - Saturday will be a perfect opportunity to "listen your body" on your LR, and then, when you've finished, appreciate that it was a better run due to no-alcohol, and then follow this up with a nice meal out, due to the broken oven. Does this make you feel better?... NO, DIDN'T THINK SO!

Recovery 5 last night felt good but i can't help feeling that i'm somewhat "under-baked", and wonder whether i should revise my target? I know it's still early but last year i seem to remember it feeling a lot easier at this point?

10/01/2013 at 13:12

AA - look on the bright side. Get yourself a nice new iPhone 5, throw the oven in the bin and live on pizza

10/01/2013 at 13:15
Oompa wrote (see)
Minni wrote (see)
Carter - enjoy it. Possibly your team are using the crash and burn strategy?!

I have every faith in the team so not worried in the slightest. We had people running with legs bandaged up and two days after having tumors removed last year. These are not people who give in. We will be in top place when it matters!

;-)

Minni/Spoons - ...not to mention torn Speedos!

Sounds like a very unprofessional outfit, unlike the guys in the PSOF team !

10/01/2013 at 13:27
2oldnever wrote (see)

Mr Z-I will be back home from Manchester to do mine. Looks like very similar schedules-mine's a variation of P&D 18week up to 70 miles pw (with recovery weeks-skiing)though I doubt I will get to 70 often--I'll leave that to Bro.

M.r Zuvai wrote (see)
Yup, I'm on the P&D 18wk up to 70, but like you there is a few variations thrown in. I doubt I'll get up to 70 often as ive swapped out some of the recovery runs for some swimming and cycling

Lightweights!

AA- I'm still with you on the wagon but only until tomorrow. With everything breaking it sounds like you might need a drink as well...

Minni- 4.45-very impressive indeed.  Might as well not go to sleep!

Gazelle- 6x 1m @ 10k pace sounds tought. Unless you're DD of course. Probably as you say one of those days. Onwards and upwards.

Carrot- how are the spikes?

10/01/2013 at 13:32

Another killer session last night: 6x 1000m @ 10k pace followed promptly by 300m @ 3k pace off 2min recoveries. All nailed at the right pace (if not slightly faster) and with wu/ cd added to 14.5m. 20m planned for tomorrow after work (planning to sneak out early) and then it's holiday time.

It's all going so well at the moment a part of me would rather not go anywhere (a very small part). I was a bit concerned about the next two weeks but Moz has come up with a very holiday/ treadmill friendly schedule and I now feel much better about the whole thing.

Dubai Dave    pirate
10/01/2013 at 13:32
Minni: what you have written below describes my first 8 years of running to a T. The only thing I don't agree with is the 10k bit, you can run sub 40.

2old - I could comfortably run marathons between 3:31 and 3:43 and I always thought that if I trained properly I could get under 3:30 but it was bloody hard - I mean I had to put some effort in! I think 3:15 is realistic, however, I don't think I could every run under 42 mins for a 10k!
10/01/2013 at 13:39

Been manic at work past couple of days so just popping in...

Have a very good holiday Bro - you're flying at the minute so am sure the holiday won't get in the way of anything (unless you do what I did once, and get absolutely hammered the night we got there, and fell off of a ski lift and ruptured my ankle ligaments on the first morning! But not that many people are that stupid!)

I've paid a bit for being a naughty boy and upping the tempo on Tuesday - had a couple of twinges in the knee and a minor relapse on the slow jog back from work. So will lay back off it until Saturday. Not entirely sure what plan to try to follow given the shape I'm in, but 16 weeks starts on Monday so I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

Chin up AA, your luck will turn!

10/01/2013 at 13:58

Red- oh no!!! On the first day too! That's basically as bad as it gets...

I don't think I will be following in your footsteps.

10/01/2013 at 14:12
Lol Red! Funny now but not so at the time, I bet. Why don't you just base run over the next month and pick up a 12 week schedule?

DD - I can safely say they ain't ever going to happen. I believe in improvements through hard workbut not miracles!

Another nice session there Brol. I'm going to do my intervals tonight instead of tomorrow, get them out the way.

What kind of mileage will you be doing while you're away?
10/01/2013 at 14:22

Minni- I can't quite add it up as the treadmill sessions refer to time rather than distance but not more than 50m. I'm also allowed to skp sessions if I'm tired (as if) .No long runs planned, I'm getting one 20miler tomorrow and 21m the day after I get back. Quite glad actually, I don't think I could do one on a treadmill...

10/01/2013 at 14:45
Chick - Yes the steamer is on Coniston, it's our fav. Normally in Sept for my OH's b'day we go for a trip on the steamer and then to a restuarant called 'Chesters' in Skelwith Bridge afterwards. Just remember not to sit at the back,as you'll get covered in soot particles from the chimney.
10/01/2013 at 15:11

Chick-dead right we all have to deal with mental barriers. Are you joining the crazy lady group-4.55 am is madness and thats 3.55 here in the UK so well earlier than Minni-When I saw the time 4.55 I thought that was your pace ,even so 7.58 is excellent. Also., Donald Campbell is at the bottopm of the lake somewhere after his unfortunate attempt to break the water speed recored many years ago.

Minni-you can run 42mins 10ks , you just have to believe , Just ? I know I can and will go sub 40 ,its just that I dont know when and Ive only been trying 9 years anyway.

AA-looks like its out with the old(broken) and in with the new this New Year for you -Im officially falling off the wagon tonight A.. because its not good to abastain all January according to the Daily Mail and they should know and B. its my birthday

Oomph-stay with the schedule-the body is just playing tricks with your mind. Its a bit early to revise now. See how it feels after a few weeks including LRs

Bro-Cheek-Im not light weight enough-though myOH says I am. You cant be serious having doubts about Whistler?I think if you need to do a TM session after a day boarding you didnt do it hard enough or you should get some skis and stp posing. Try the run from the top of Blackcombe Bowl to the main chair lift-15k and repeat 4 times in an afternoon. Magic ---Whistler Bowl is pretty good too. Great 10k interval session but arent you marathon training?

Red-sorry to hear about the twinge. Stick at it you will get there. Are you doing lots of squats-two and one leg? When I returned with continuing twinges they provided  relief. I agree with Minnis suggestion too about base building

10/01/2013 at 15:12

Simon-Chesters do some great cakes and theres a nice walk up stream from there to a village the name of which escapes me.

10/01/2013 at 15:45

Bro / Minni – it was quite bad, but equally I did see the funny side. The poor bloke I went with was broken by the time we got home as he was (obviously) still intent on getting every second possible on the slopes each day. However, the moment he walked through the door I ordered him back out boozing, and kept him up until the bars shut each night. He had to give up on the last day as he was having heart palpitations!

Agree with the 12 week plan and 4 week base – that’s what I was trying to do but got carried away a bit on Tuesday morning as I was enjoying it so much having spent so long out!

10/01/2013 at 15:51

2Old- Happy Birthday!!! I am so not getting into this argument. Snowboarding is sooooooooooooo much cooler than skiing, everyone knows that.

10/01/2013 at 16:13

Bro-you're probably right about it being cooler ...especially after sitting on your backside so much

10/01/2013 at 16:18
Brol/2old - 80's Monoski's are the cool skis to be seen on IMHO.
10/01/2013 at 16:23

Simon-sadly Im not cool ,though I have got rid of my one piece pink and lime green ski suit

10/01/2013 at 19:27
2old - As onesies are big at the moment, maybe one piece ski suits will come back into fashion. So dig out that Rodeo from C&A one piece and hit the slopes!
10/01/2013 at 19:49
Simon- yes C&A !, that takes me back. I loved that jacket. There were groups skiing in onesies all over the place this New Year so they were pretty common. All this ski talk is a good distraction from my rest day today. Had to listen to my tired old body. Soon to fall off the wagon.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.