RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,381 to 25,400 of 37,499 messages
10/01/2013 at 21:19

Minni -  I'll have to catch up with you first, as I'm with the  masses, but at least you'll be easy to spot.

10/01/2013 at 21:25

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2OLD

10/01/2013 at 21:30
You'll be at the front if the masses though and I'll be behind all those celebs! I'm not one for running races with people normally but had a great experience of running London with AA when we both got PBs.
10/01/2013 at 21:56

Happy Birthday Never2old - you must be catching up with me

Minni - 10k reps???????

1500m reps for me tonight in the cold and heavy rain - if it hadn't been club night I would have stayed in I fear.  Cycling commute has felt hard after a few weeks off after Christmas.

Jantastic server seems to be down................................

10/01/2013 at 22:11
I got my number through for BM aswell today....completely forgot about it!
10/01/2013 at 22:17

Happy Birthday 2old!

Hope your luck changes AA, keep smiling! Your DIY plan has worked well so far, you seem to know what works for you.

Strong running so early this morning Chick, I was probably still knocking out ZZZZs by the time you were back home, showered, breakfasted and dressed for work!

Bro - the spikes felt good but I only did a mile!  You can tell the difference with no cushioning, I did some on the soft track and some on the grass.  Grass felt lovely.  Will be aiming for the dizzy heights of a 2 mile run in them on grass on Sunday.  Hope your 20M tomorrow night goes well, then have a lovely holiday  It's probablt time for a slightly easier (50 mile) week after the training you've been doing.

Minni the only reason sub-40 won't happen is if you carry on avoiding those 10Ks! Of course you can do it.  You are a fast runner!  No BM number for me yet.  That year when everyone was packed into that little space waiting for numbers was a nightmare!

Re: the mental barriers debate - I'm guilty of this time and time again!  It took two years of running to get my 10K from 50:28 (my first race ever) to sub-50 - it's only 30 seconds! Then I couldn't get my head around running sub-8 minute miles for a half marathon, I mean, that was FAST!! Then it was the elusive 3:30 marathon barrier.... Now it's those pesky sub-7 minute miles that I've yet to crack for a 10K, even though I've run a HM in 1:32, and I can't possibly run a fast 5K  IT'S ALL IN THE MIND!!! 

That said, I'm never going to achieve my pie in the sky goals  

10/01/2013 at 23:22
Thanks for the birthday wishes ,hic, falling off the wagon has its benefits. I can see lots of numbers above which I think will make more sense to me tomorrow.
11/01/2013 at 06:16
Carrot - you can and you will achieve.

2old - hope you had a good night.

Becs- warranty ran out on Saturday. Oven broke on Sunday!

I think I'm gonna head out after dogs are walked and do 5 miles early as gotta sort out loads today. It's not the 800 reps but least its a run logged and leaves my legsok for long one tomorrow. Positive positive.

Day 11.... Can I do much more??
Dubai Dave    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:35

Morning

AA: More than 11 is the answer.

2Old: Hope you had fun

Bro: Skiing is just so much more enjoyable, don't have to sit down when you stop, don't have to unclip one foot at each chair lift, don't have to walk when it gets flat, and yes I ski and board, but skiing is technically more challenging.

Spoons: Hope the arms have grown back.

Minni: Try running 10K's a bit more often

Ran with my old club this morning down in the city, 16.3 miles in 2 hours, so 7-25 min pace, which is smack on marathon pace. OK I will taper now, flying out in the morning so nothing for a week.

11/01/2013 at 07:03
AA. wrote (see)
 warranty ran out on Saturday. Oven broke on Sunday!

That's ridiculous. Write and complain.

11/01/2013 at 07:04
Have a great holiday DD. You've been doing some long stretches at MP. How does it feel? Do you think you should aim for a bit faster if it feels ok now?

These are the hardest days AA. Before you know it you'll be talking weeks rather than days.

I got my prize from the fell race last night. A bottle of white. The cruelty.
11/01/2013 at 10:34
AA - Re your microwave, you can still claim even if out of warranty. Google Sale of goods act, and go to the Which website, and it tells you all about it and even has templates of forms to put in a claim. Basically goods have to be fit for perpose, so even if outside warranties we can still claim. Ie if warranty is 12mnths, and gadget breaks after 13mnths, that's not fit for purpose, we can claim. Basically extended warranties are worthless, cus this Act covers goods for about 6yrs I think.
11/01/2013 at 11:11

Morning all

DD-excellent MP run-factor in race adrenalin and taper and your MP could be another 10-15 seconds faster. Enjoy the snow-the forecast is looking great.

Simon-its a while since I did any consumer law but I think the the goods have to fit for purpose for a reasonable time---how long is that -who knows? Still probably worth having a go , even incurring a court fee and seeing if the sellers pay up rather than have to trip off to the Small Claims Court to defend it

Minni-that was a cruel and inhuman prize -well done for winning it anyway. Re 10k-- do that 10k interval session you recommended a while back religiously -it works-DD will acknowledge it and I did it for 3/4 weeks and knocked 30secs off my 10k PB. Also for marathon purposes I like? to do a 10k run every 2 weeks or so at MP pace or faster on the basis that I will be comfortable doing 4 on marathon day-thats probably why I struggle in the last 2 miles.!

Spoons -that was an epic swim, nice one. Birthday yestrday thanks

AA-hang on ,dont fall off the wagon ,its not a good idea and I know  the way I feel today.Keep logging the runs, the endorphins are better than alcohol

O4S- I ll never catch you up ,youve done far more miles than I ever will. What's this? 1500 reps? Looks like you have a taste for bling and will be targeting more -well deserved too.

Another MLR for me today- I will be glad when this endurance phase is over and Im only 5 days into it.

Dubai Dave    pirate
11/01/2013 at 11:27

Minni: I have deliberately done a lot of running at or about MP, its comfortable enough once I "grow" into it, my biggest problem is hitting the pace anywhere in within the first 5 or 6K, I'm really slow to get up to speed. Today I ran the section from 8 - 14 miles at about 6-48 min/mile pace to get the average down! which conversely means I went slow for the first 3 or 4 miles. If I hit the pace from the outset and am tapered I might suprise myself planning on 4-40 min/K up to 1/2M  which will give me 1-38, then hopefully a slight negative split to take me home, of course it may well all go pear shaped, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

11/01/2013 at 13:02
2oldnever wrote (see)

Re 10k-- do that 10k interval session you recommended a while back religiously -it works-DD will acknowledge it and I did it for 3/4 weeks and knocked 30secs off my 10k PB.

Er, no.   That kind of thing is for men, not ladies like myself.

DD it'll be interesting to see what you do on the day.

11/01/2013 at 13:07
2oldnever wrote (see)

Another MLR for me today- I will be glad when this endurance phase is over and Im only 5 days into it.

Surely it won't be over until after April?

11/01/2013 at 13:09
Minni- oh no does it go on until April?
11/01/2013 at 13:11

How far is your MLR?

I'm doing my first 20 tomorrow.

11/01/2013 at 13:19

Another 5 mile comeback run today. Felt the best I have done since coming back from this achilles tweak. Have got a 16 to do this weekend and if all goes well I'll be nearly back on track.

2old/Minni - what is this 10K workout that you speak of?

DD - you're on fire - don't injure yourself skiing!

Cheers, Ant

M.r Zuvai    pirate
11/01/2013 at 13:41

Afternoon all,

back from manchester - all runs logged - not as long as i had wanted but pleased that the process of running to and from the office worked

Happy Friday & here's a tapir for DD

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8238056165_1c663b326f_b.jpg

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.