RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,401 to 25,420 of 36,945 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:35

Morning

AA: More than 11 is the answer.

2Old: Hope you had fun

Bro: Skiing is just so much more enjoyable, don't have to sit down when you stop, don't have to unclip one foot at each chair lift, don't have to walk when it gets flat, and yes I ski and board, but skiing is technically more challenging.

Spoons: Hope the arms have grown back.

Minni: Try running 10K's a bit more often

Ran with my old club this morning down in the city, 16.3 miles in 2 hours, so 7-25 min pace, which is smack on marathon pace. OK I will taper now, flying out in the morning so nothing for a week.

11/01/2013 at 07:03
AA. wrote (see)
 warranty ran out on Saturday. Oven broke on Sunday!

That's ridiculous. Write and complain.

11/01/2013 at 07:04
Have a great holiday DD. You've been doing some long stretches at MP. How does it feel? Do you think you should aim for a bit faster if it feels ok now?

These are the hardest days AA. Before you know it you'll be talking weeks rather than days.

I got my prize from the fell race last night. A bottle of white. The cruelty.
11/01/2013 at 10:34
AA - Re your microwave, you can still claim even if out of warranty. Google Sale of goods act, and go to the Which website, and it tells you all about it and even has templates of forms to put in a claim. Basically goods have to be fit for perpose, so even if outside warranties we can still claim. Ie if warranty is 12mnths, and gadget breaks after 13mnths, that's not fit for purpose, we can claim. Basically extended warranties are worthless, cus this Act covers goods for about 6yrs I think.
11/01/2013 at 11:11

Morning all

DD-excellent MP run-factor in race adrenalin and taper and your MP could be another 10-15 seconds faster. Enjoy the snow-the forecast is looking great.

Simon-its a while since I did any consumer law but I think the the goods have to fit for purpose for a reasonable time---how long is that -who knows? Still probably worth having a go , even incurring a court fee and seeing if the sellers pay up rather than have to trip off to the Small Claims Court to defend it

Minni-that was a cruel and inhuman prize -well done for winning it anyway. Re 10k-- do that 10k interval session you recommended a while back religiously -it works-DD will acknowledge it and I did it for 3/4 weeks and knocked 30secs off my 10k PB. Also for marathon purposes I like? to do a 10k run every 2 weeks or so at MP pace or faster on the basis that I will be comfortable doing 4 on marathon day-thats probably why I struggle in the last 2 miles.!

Spoons -that was an epic swim, nice one. Birthday yestrday thanks

AA-hang on ,dont fall off the wagon ,its not a good idea and I know  the way I feel today.Keep logging the runs, the endorphins are better than alcohol

O4S- I ll never catch you up ,youve done far more miles than I ever will. What's this? 1500 reps? Looks like you have a taste for bling and will be targeting more -well deserved too.

Another MLR for me today- I will be glad when this endurance phase is over and Im only 5 days into it.

Dubai Dave    pirate
11/01/2013 at 11:27

Minni: I have deliberately done a lot of running at or about MP, its comfortable enough once I "grow" into it, my biggest problem is hitting the pace anywhere in within the first 5 or 6K, I'm really slow to get up to speed. Today I ran the section from 8 - 14 miles at about 6-48 min/mile pace to get the average down! which conversely means I went slow for the first 3 or 4 miles. If I hit the pace from the outset and am tapered I might suprise myself planning on 4-40 min/K up to 1/2M  which will give me 1-38, then hopefully a slight negative split to take me home, of course it may well all go pear shaped, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

11/01/2013 at 13:02
2oldnever wrote (see)

Re 10k-- do that 10k interval session you recommended a while back religiously -it works-DD will acknowledge it and I did it for 3/4 weeks and knocked 30secs off my 10k PB.

Er, no.   That kind of thing is for men, not ladies like myself.

DD it'll be interesting to see what you do on the day.

11/01/2013 at 13:07
2oldnever wrote (see)

Another MLR for me today- I will be glad when this endurance phase is over and Im only 5 days into it.

Surely it won't be over until after April?

11/01/2013 at 13:09
Minni- oh no does it go on until April?
11/01/2013 at 13:11

How far is your MLR?

I'm doing my first 20 tomorrow.

11/01/2013 at 13:19

Another 5 mile comeback run today. Felt the best I have done since coming back from this achilles tweak. Have got a 16 to do this weekend and if all goes well I'll be nearly back on track.

2old/Minni - what is this 10K workout that you speak of?

DD - you're on fire - don't injure yourself skiing!

Cheers, Ant

M.r Zuvai    pirate
11/01/2013 at 13:41

Afternoon all,

back from manchester - all runs logged - not as long as i had wanted but pleased that the process of running to and from the office worked

Happy Friday & here's a tapir for DD

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8238056165_1c663b326f_b.jpg

M.r Zuvai    pirate
11/01/2013 at 13:44

i dont know how to say this - but in my search for tapir pic ive found out that the male tapir penis is prehensile  

i would post a picture but i dont want to go to prison 

11/01/2013 at 13:56
Minni- 12/13 with 20 on Sunday.
MrZ - glad you didn't show the tapir in all its glory. How was your MLR this week?
Ant- Minni will explain the 10 k session. She's probably right it's only for us guys. ...?
11/01/2013 at 14:07

I can't remember what it was now!  Something like 5m @ 10KP with XX recovery, starting at 5 and working up to 8?  Does that sound right?

Z couldn't help googling that to see if it were true!

11/01/2013 at 14:34
2oldnever wrote (see)

Chick-dead right we all have to deal with mental barriers. Are you joining the crazy lady group-4.55 am is madness and thats 3.55 here in the UK so well earlier than Minni-When I saw the time 4.55 I thought that was your pace ,even so 7.58 is excellent. Also., Donald Campbell is at the bottopm of the lake somewhere after his unfortunate attempt to break the water speed recored many years ago.

I remember that now! There was all sorts of info in the hut where we bought the tickets. Poor bloke.

Minni wrote (see)

I got my prize from the fell race last night. A bottle of white. The cruelty.

aaaargh! Day 3 for me.

Redders: sorry to hear your knee is still not right

Trendy 5 miler for me this morning. Boy, it's gone cold! We have some snow too.

11/01/2013 at 14:42

Just googled tapir prehensile....

11/01/2013 at 14:52
Spoons. wrote (see)

Just googled tapir prehensile....

me too....wish I hadnt

http://imgur.com/seZeQ

M.r Zuvai    pirate
11/01/2013 at 14:55

haha - this is probably the most times this face  has appeared on a single page on RW!!

see FRC - there's more to this thread than run run run...we can *ahem*  pick things up

11/01/2013 at 15:11
Mr Z- that is unbelievable!! You give new meaning to " shock and awe"
Chick- only 3. Stop complaint and help AA through her cold turkey. Good to see you can run in single figures occasionally
Minni- something like that. My variation was 5x 5 mins at 10k pace with 3 min jog recov followed the week after by 5x 6 mins and the week after that with 6x6 mins. My jog pace was about 8mm.
Ant - does that make sense?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.