RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,401 to 25,420 of 37,125 messages
M.r Zuvai    pirate
11/01/2013 at 13:44

i dont know how to say this - but in my search for tapir pic ive found out that the male tapir penis is prehensile  

i would post a picture but i dont want to go to prison 

11/01/2013 at 13:56
Minni- 12/13 with 20 on Sunday.
MrZ - glad you didn't show the tapir in all its glory. How was your MLR this week?
Ant- Minni will explain the 10 k session. She's probably right it's only for us guys. ...?
11/01/2013 at 14:07

I can't remember what it was now!  Something like 5m @ 10KP with XX recovery, starting at 5 and working up to 8?  Does that sound right?

Z couldn't help googling that to see if it were true!

11/01/2013 at 14:34
2oldnever wrote (see)

Chick-dead right we all have to deal with mental barriers. Are you joining the crazy lady group-4.55 am is madness and thats 3.55 here in the UK so well earlier than Minni-When I saw the time 4.55 I thought that was your pace ,even so 7.58 is excellent. Also., Donald Campbell is at the bottopm of the lake somewhere after his unfortunate attempt to break the water speed recored many years ago.

I remember that now! There was all sorts of info in the hut where we bought the tickets. Poor bloke.

Minni wrote (see)

I got my prize from the fell race last night. A bottle of white. The cruelty.

aaaargh! Day 3 for me.

Redders: sorry to hear your knee is still not right

Trendy 5 miler for me this morning. Boy, it's gone cold! We have some snow too.

11/01/2013 at 14:42

Just googled tapir prehensile....

11/01/2013 at 14:52
Spoons. wrote (see)

Just googled tapir prehensile....

me too....wish I hadnt

http://imgur.com/seZeQ

M.r Zuvai    pirate
11/01/2013 at 14:55

haha - this is probably the most times this face  has appeared on a single page on RW!!

see FRC - there's more to this thread than run run run...we can *ahem*  pick things up

11/01/2013 at 15:11
Mr Z- that is unbelievable!! You give new meaning to " shock and awe"
Chick- only 3. Stop complaint and help AA through her cold turkey. Good to see you can run in single figures occasionally
Minni- something like that. My variation was 5x 5 mins at 10k pace with 3 min jog recov followed the week after by 5x 6 mins and the week after that with 6x6 mins. My jog pace was about 8mm.
Ant - does that make sense?
11/01/2013 at 15:14

Jeez........

11/01/2013 at 15:16

Haha, I just stumbled across a very funny tapir video...  ahem.

Just back from 3 days coaching at a rowing training camp - dawn til dusk on the river out with various VIIIs, IVs and sculls, then land sessions in the evening - I even gave a core class - oh the irony...    As well as lots of slow biking alongside the boats (plenty of miles, but not fast enough to really count as any kind of training) I got my 6M tempo run in.

Just done my second speedwork for beginners session - 800m/1600m/800m with 400m recoveries.  3.08; 6.36 (3.21+3.15); 3.07.  Both 800s faster than my fastest was last week so happy with that, and really enjoyed the session.  I've now got enough info to work out target paces so I'll be doing the f*rman weekly marathon speed sessions from now on.

Thats me on 100% for jantastic - pretty easy with just 3 runs though.  Will actually be doing 4 this week as did last weeks long run on Monday - MT need never know...

Stretching now and climbing tonight

11/01/2013 at 15:18

5 mile recovery run.  I think I am suffering from blackouts - I appear to have signed up to a weekly track interval session, a series of 5k runs and a series of 10k runs [the latter two are once a month each]

Perhaps I had better come off the booze as well................

11/01/2013 at 15:26

well done, kfc

Eeek, O4S - 5 and 10ks!!! Rather you and me ... are those run on the track too or is it just the intverals?

I had to google tapir pre ....    too   blimey!!

2oldnever wrote (see)
 Good to see you can run in single figures occasionally

... hardly worth the aggro of getting changed and showered

Happy birthday, btw. I forgot to post that earlier

11/01/2013 at 16:06

2old/minni - cheers yeah makes sense, I was doing something similar but using distance 800/1000 and building it up like that

O4S - 5Ks and 10Ks. Nice one!

I am not going near a tapir search 

11/01/2013 at 16:15

I thought that tapir was a different way of spelling taper but for faster runners. Imagine my surprise !

11/01/2013 at 16:55

DD -  Another good run from you, enjoy your break.

kfc -  nice speedy running and the first 100% for the week well done.

Not a great end of the week for me, 800 redundancies announced to us at work last night in addition to 300 temps being let go. Think my job will be safe but will hit a lot of friends hard.

11/01/2013 at 17:02
Ant- it's strange how doing those intervals done time feel different to doing them by distance
Barry - that's not good. Hope it works out ok for you and those who are unlucky
Carter- you clearly have a lot to learn
Chick- trouble is a 5 mile recovery feels harder and longer than a tapirs thingy...sorry ,I mean tempo run
KFC- rowing s torture
11/01/2013 at 17:20
Things are looking up, I might be free after all to do the Liverpool HM the question is whether I will be allowed to do Coniston the week after .
11/01/2013 at 18:50

Barry - bloody hell 800 redundancies.  That sucks.  I'm sure you went through the same thing a year or so ago?  Its hard if you're one of the ones safe because you have to watch others go through it, although harder if you're one of the ones hit.  Not nice.  Keep with it.

Ant/2old - do you prefer distance or time?  I quite like time if something is going to be tough...l think. 

I can feel yesterday's interval session in my legs, not sore just tired.  I'm pleased about this because it shows I worked hard... I think.

Blimey kfc - you're kinda speedy today!

O4S - I wish I had a track close by.  My second claim club use one sometimes and I think I'd like to go and try it out.  80m round trip though...

I need to lose half a stone.  Before next weekend.

11/01/2013 at 19:02
MrZ- lol love the tapir in its full glory. You learn something new every day.
20m done after work and I'm back on vino. Holiday time
11/01/2013 at 19:55

Barry - shit that's a horrible situation to be in.

I need to lose a stone. Before tomorrow night when I'm getting dressed up and going out on the lash

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.