RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,421 to 25,440 of 37,089 messages
11/01/2013 at 20:40
Barry- that's not good but glad to hear your position is safe.
11/01/2013 at 20:59
Mr Z- eye popping tapir...!

Barry - glad you're positions is ok. Scary times.

DD - I'm excited for you for your marathon. I am the total opposite..always set off too quick

Bro - well done on knocking out 20. Have a great holiday.

Sorry to let the team down...after a shit week I have fallen off te wagon and succumbed to red wine. I managed 11 days so that's a bloody miracle for me. I will still be ok for my planned 18 miles tomorrow...!if its not too snowy!

Minni - enjoy your 20 tomorrow
11/01/2013 at 21:16

Don't worry AA - you were awesome. Just drink once a week. I' m going on the wagon on Monday...

11/01/2013 at 21:17
Minni- when its a tough session I prefer time ,I think ...like you...in a masochistic sort of way
Bro- it's always good to log a20 miler before a holiday especially a skiing holiday..my Canadian brother in law told me this evening that the snow there is awesome not that a boarder can ever appreciate it....heh heh
AA- don't beat yourself up but hope you don't drink Thewhole bottle . The 18 miler will be a sort of penance
MLR done..on the TM so I had a double dose of Corrie. Double suffering. 21k 7.39 mm average. Might do a trendy 5 recovery tomorrow.
Edited: 11/01/2013 at 21:18
11/01/2013 at 21:41

Brolish- your storming at the mo, 50miles whilst on a ski oops snow boarding holiday!!! 50miles is the most some of us would do on our highest mileage week. We are in a catered chalet so no treadmill for me, I am planning on doing a mile run a day and thats it I am on holiday after all.

Redwood- Oh no ref your ski trip

2old- Happy belated birthday.

Minni- nice 10k reps for you, What is your 10k pb? Also what 10k interval reps do you recommend? I'm happy to try them out to see if it works for us Ladies   2old has just answered this one I think.

DD- Hope you have a great holiday, it would be funny if we bumped into each other. You look like you will be on for a great time in the Dubai marathon.

KFC- Great speed session and faster than last time which is great.

O4S- You will be bringing home all the bling after the speed sessions.

AA-You deserve the red wine after what you had had to cope with this week.

6 runs logged for me this week. I hope I can get 6 runs in next week for Janrunningaroundthechaletwithmygarminwatchonfor1miletastic. Keep safe peeps and I'll be back a week on Monday to log my runs.

11/01/2013 at 21:47
Gazza - have a lovely holiday. I am just picturing you running round the chalet for jandrivingusmadtastic!!
11/01/2013 at 21:58

AA-lol, I have been rivalled by a friend from my running club who wants to see evidence of my runs!,

11/01/2013 at 22:00
Gaz - re 10k session..good to see you've taken up the challenge . Well done logging 6 ,makes my 4 look ,lightweight as Bro would say. Still that's100%Very impressed that you'll do it on your ski trip too. I aim to get my 4 in next week before I fly to Geneva so will have to do a double . Are you at Val Disere same as DD ? Havea great time .
11/01/2013 at 22:07

AA - I was never on the wagon so you haven't let this part of the team down at all

11/01/2013 at 22:13

2old- I'm up for the challenge as long as it gives me a pb! Were going next door to DD, Peisey les Arcs. I just hope the snow dosn't ground the airports over here.

11/01/2013 at 22:17
Gaz- fingers crossed our airports don't screw up. Have a go on the flying kilometre at les Arcs if its still there.....definitely a pb for you
11/01/2013 at 22:37

I was on the wagon between 10pm last night and 6:30pm tonight. Does that count?

11/01/2013 at 23:35

another massive 5 miles banked at a blinding 9:27mm pace today !!!

12/01/2013 at 00:26
Barry - It must be tough at work for you at moment. Putting 2 + 2 together, does that mean you work for Honda.

Yes let's hope the snow holds off in the Uk 'til you skiers get out to your resorts.
OMG I've just thought, Brol isn't going skiing is she, cus you've all had it if she is!

Guys, you all seemed surprised by the pic of the tapir's abilities. You mean yours doesn't do that also?
12/01/2013 at 07:37
Glyn - well done! I remember Daren logging runs like that and he found it so hard but it was all worth it in the end. Stick with it.

Skiers - have a great holiday all!

Heading out for my 20 as soon as it gets light, which is going to be 6ish off road with the doggies then meeting others for 14 on road. And I'm doing it completely I fuelled. I let you know how that feels if I make it back!
12/01/2013 at 10:54

Minni -  We lost about 1000 4 years ago but they were all voluntary.  Enjoy your 20.

Simon -   Yeah I work for Honda in Swindon, we only export to Europe and not worldwide so are being hit pretty hard by the downturn.  We make decent cars but I think most people nowadays are looking for a cheaper option.  Hopefully these cuts will be the last.

Gazelle -  Have a great holiday.

Parkrun for me this morning, another windy affair but quicker than last time, 20:26 so better but still work to do.

Edited: 12/01/2013 at 10:55
12/01/2013 at 11:08

Morning All,

Barry - Sorry to hear about the redundancies. I've been in the "trade" for 25 years and have seen this a few times now... never pleasant.

Minni/Brol - Are you running VLM? If so, what schedule are you following that has you doing 20 this soon? Or is it a Frankenprogramme like Ant's?

I'm struggling with P & D's up to 55 schedule at the moment, so am slightly in awe of you guys knocking out 20' s so soon!

Really not looking forward to this afternoon's 5 mile XC race in a muddy park, somewhere near Heathrow, in the pouring rain and currently 1C!!!

Tomorrow's 15 miler could possibly be in the snow as well... somebody get me a rope! 

12/01/2013 at 11:20
Oompa- our schedule is called Frankenmoz We're both coached by Moraghan.
Right I'm off. No snow in sight. Will check in from snowy Whistler- yupeeee!
12/01/2013 at 11:40
Morning all
Bro- are you still here? Have a great one
Oomp- don't be put off by what others are doing, stick to your plan, I'm struggling too.have a good mudrun. X country at school is why I didn't run again until my 40s. Running in snow is quite exile rating as long as its not too often. Positive thinking !
Glyn- it all adds up over the next few months..good running
Minni - hope you had a good LR
12/01/2013 at 11:48

Brol - Excuse my newbie ignorance, but who's Moraghan? 

I hope that Whistler has more snow that the east side of Canada, as i keep getting FB updates from Blue Mountain resort saying that it's raining over there! Enjoy your skiing... Oops, sorry, i mean sitting down most of the time! 

2old - Thanks for the good advice re my plan. I used to love XC at school as we used to run a 4 mile (i think) lap up and over the North Downs from Oxted school (bloody steep), and i suspect this was where my strange liking for hills has come from?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.