RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,441 to 25,460 of 37,190 messages
12/01/2013 at 12:13

Moraghan is the 

12/01/2013 at 13:20
Spoons- a bit harsh on Mora
Oomp- most of my X country was in streams and thick mud run in Dunlop green flash trainers with no grip.
12/01/2013 at 13:43
Lol Frankenmoz!

First 20 well and truly nailed today with an average of 8:02. Completely unfuelled and felt very good.
12/01/2013 at 14:30
Minni- excellent pace for your first 20 and unfuelled too. Looking good so early into the campaign .
12/01/2013 at 15:21

OK - maybe not the  

Just the bringer of pain like most coaches. 

Minni - that's fantastic that Moz obviously knows his stuff! 

12/01/2013 at 15:27
Spoons- make your mind up about Moz....no pain no gain
12/01/2013 at 15:37

Minni -  Very impressive running.

Oompa - Don't worry about the monster miles some are putting in, my plan calls for 13  tomorrow but I am doing 16.

12/01/2013 at 17:33
Recovery run completed ,ended up just under 7 as I was attacked by a Alsatian ,fortunately it didn't bite me but it would not let me run past it's home resulting in a bit of a detour. As its a registered dog kennel there Ithink I might put in a complaint .
12/01/2013 at 20:30
Spoons. wrote (see)

OK - maybe not the  

Just the bringer of pain like most coaches. 

Minni - that's fantastic that Moz obviously knows his stuff! 

Spoons - Fickle doesn't begin to describe it!

Minni - Nice pace for a 20. What time are you aiming for at VLM?

Barry - I'm enhancing my inner calm as we speak!

XC went well. A nice flat (but bloody muddy) 3 lap track around a rather bland park and some woods. According to my Garmin it was 4.96 mile race in 35.11. Was about 10 seconds quicker than this as i started right at the back and also forgot to stop my Garmin until at the end of the finish funnel.

Splits were 7.03, 7.08, 7.06, 7.07 and 7.04. Not as fast as i'd expect when race ready but very pleased given my recent runs, that i haven't completely lost any speed.

12/01/2013 at 21:09

Sorry to hear about your work situation Barry, good that your position is safe but awful to see your colleagues losing their jobs

Zuvai - why were you looking for tapir penises?  I'm not going to google it....

Nice result today at the football AA, you can enjoy a wine tonight too   Like O4S, I was never on the wagon, I just watched it trundle down the street with a beer in hand.

Well done on your XC today Oompa, I'd be happy with 5 miles in that time on flat road!  A good confidence boost for you.

12/01/2013 at 22:38

Lol, also not going to google the dodgy tapir bits....!

Barry - sorry to hear about your work situation, how horrible!

DD - enjoy the skiing holiday.

Nice 20 miler Minni.

Oompa - great cross country result on a muddy course.

After spin tomorrow morning I would have spun twice, run twice and done 1 circuit session this week, like Glyn managed 5 slow miles running today, so happy with that Mr Kiwi did his first ever very muddy park run this morning.  He loved it and was pleased to get his results emailed through - 70th out of 120 people, not too shabby at all and he is already talking about his next one!

Hope the snow holds off for everyone's long runs tomorrow.

Edited: 12/01/2013 at 22:41
12/01/2013 at 22:53
Eh, Speedy xc Oompa, eh!

Kiwi - say well done to Mr Kiwi from me, I'm well impressed. We'll have him marathon running in no time!
12/01/2013 at 23:53
Oompa - Great Xc run.

Minni - Great 20miler, did Moz authorise that pace, or were you a bit of a rebel? I'm only jealous.

Hit the gym this evening, did a few miles at the beginning of the sess, and then at the end I did another mile about an hour later, so I could log 2 for Jantastic . The good news is my heal felt better so will try it again on a proper run tomorrow.
13/01/2013 at 02:47
2oldnever wrote (see)
Recovery run completed ,ended up just under 7 as I was attacked by a Alsatian ,fortunately it didn't bite me but it would not let me run past it's home resulting in a bit of a detour. As its a registered dog kennel there Ithink I might put in a complaint .

2oldnever wrote (see)

2oldnever wrote (see)

2oldnever wrote (see)

That's weird i forgot to say that i got bit on the calf by a west highland terrier on my last run...the owner had it one of those really long retractable leads... to be honest i didnt even notice the dog when it must have seen me coming and leaped out of no where..luckily they are only small dogs so no damage done but the owner made no effort to to control the dog. No comparison to an alsation but just wondered if anyone else on here has had close encounters ??

Whilst i'm on the subject on my only run last year i got jumped by some local retrobate who thought it ammusing to run after me taking the pi** in front of all his mates...i could see his shadow behind me so I thought maybe turning round and confronting him might shake him up a bit...next thing i knew he'd grabbed hold of me and started swinging punches !!! I really wasnt expecting it and i could see a gang of about 6 lads all quite eager to join in so I quickly slung him to the floor and legged it ( i used to be british judo champion so it's always a get out for me ...).

it was actually quite intimidating tbh and i just could not believe the sheer audacity of the situaton...

anyway just thought i'd share that with you !

13/01/2013 at 06:56
2old - how scary. Yeah I would complain.

Minni - awesome run.

Oompa - nice xc

Kiwi - that's great that mr kiwi is up to parkruns already

I did 18.75 yesterday @8:56 pace. 10 miles were along the canal which was really muddy and hard work. Then went off to watch Reading - 85 mins on the most boring footy ever then we scored 3 goals in 5 mins to have a really undeserved win. Brilliant
13/01/2013 at 07:20

Bloody hell Glyn, I'd take a dog attack over that any day.  How scary.  The problem if you just never know which way these things are going to go.

Dogs - I never encounter problems with dogs when running.  If a little dog comes near I just ignore it but if a big dog comes bounding over I just full on speak to it and stroke it and they soon calm down.  Saying that most of them I meet are on country roads or lanes and not on leads so perhaps don't feel so threatened.

Youths/gangs - again this is never a problem here.  I know all of them, more or less, by either name or sight and always make a point shouting hi. 

I guess these are the benefits of living in a small place. Hope I don't regret saying any of that!

Simon - it wasn't an authorised Frankenmoz pace!

Oompa - London goal sub 3:15 (its far enough away to feel confident at the moment!)

AA - very nice 19m there. 

13/01/2013 at 07:39

2old - that's really scary. I would complain. 

I did a 2 mile run yesterday with no problems. Will try 4 today.....

i have a terrible hangover

13/01/2013 at 09:41

Spoons/Simon -   Good news on your injuries.

Oompa -  Good pace on your xc.

Glyn -   What a nightmare, i've had verbal abuse and kids blocking my path but the worse I had was a beer bottle fly past my head from a group of idiots hiding behind some bushes.

2old -  was the dog roaming free or chained up, definately complain.

Kiwi -  good week's training from you and well done to your OH.

AA -  Nice long one and good result at the footy.

16 chilly miles for me early this morning, avg pace 7:32 and last 5 at or below MP. Off to cinema in a bit to see Les Miserables.

Edited: 13/01/2013 at 09:42
13/01/2013 at 10:29

Glyn that's horrible, are they reguarly on your route? That judo really paid off.

Oompa don't worry about the early weeks of P&D feeling tough, it's supposed to. They do warn of that but I think no one takes them seriously until it hits them.

Simon does it count as two runs on Jantastic if you haven't changed in between? I seem to remember there being some debate about this on MT last year.

Off for my "long" run soon, all on track for Jantastic.

13/01/2013 at 12:43
AA - Great 18miler, how many 20milers are you planning to do this campaign?

Weeble - Interesting re changing between runs, to be classed as 2 runs. So if you did a duathlon and cycled 40k in between your runs, and never changed, it would still be classed as one run?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.