RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,521 to 25,540 of 36,988 messages
14/01/2013 at 17:01

CD - no, not that one (no way am I letting the dog in that , plus he'd be very squashed!). It was the Passat. They said it wasn't covered by the warranty as they think a stone got caught in the pedal so it jammed and then sheered off when OH put his foot down (yes, it was him not me what done it )

M.r Zuvai    pirate
14/01/2013 at 17:15

Evening all,

Hope you're all well and fit! Some smashing runs over the weekend!  

I had to cut my long run short as i developed a very accute pain in my anterior tibilis  Never had any issues there before -so i cut the run short at 13 miles, iced and massaged for the evening - felt much better this morning so hoping a few days off with swimming and cycling before easing back should prevent it turning into anything! (fingers crossed)

to make up for the whole tapir penis thing here's a cute bunny falling over after sneezing! - that should purge the horror!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0fe558b6f9df532356fdfa8584219553/tumblr_mg7y8oF0sH1ql2603o1_250.gif

keep strong and fit everyone!

14/01/2013 at 17:35
Redders - I haven't listened to that but will. I've more than once found myself running along with a lump in my throat.,

Freemers. Great to have you back! I've already entered the Castles and it would be great if you chose it too!
14/01/2013 at 17:36
Z - so funny! How do you put videos on?
14/01/2013 at 18:57
Z - sorry about your LR. At least your IM training can kick in so there won't be any fitness loss. You're bit of a softy at heart - stupid rabbits

Thought about a double tonight but CNBA . Still will have to find a fourth run in the next two days though
14/01/2013 at 20:01
Minni wote - Youths/gangs - again this is never a problem here. I know all of them, more or less, by either name or sight and always make a point shouting hi.

So Minni I forgot to ask, do you know all the 'scallies' by name cus they're all ex's?

Mr Z - Another nice gif vid.
14/01/2013 at 20:48
Simon- heh heh
14/01/2013 at 21:17

Welcome back Freemers. Nice long run as ever.

mr Z - love the video. Reminds me of some of the bunnies I ate on holiday in France last year....

lots of snow here. I didn't go swimming as it took me 2 hours to drive home in the snow did my wobble board and physio exercises instead 

14/01/2013 at 21:39

Well done still getting out for your 20 2old, takes some determination to go out in grim conditions with the remains of a hangover.

Weeble - do it when you get settled, I wish I'd joined sooner!

Poor bunny! Hope the x-training sorts out you anterior thingumy Zuvai (what's that then?)

M.r Zuvai    pirate
14/01/2013 at 22:42

evening all, 

nice speedy cycle then 2500 meter swim, including 4* 100 at 85 sec  - i love running intervals HATE swimming intervals. 

Spoons - that made laugh a lot! my sister had a bunny once that i persuiaded her to name Stuart! - so it would eventually be shortened to Stu!! - i was a horrible brother  

Simon -  you're a brave man 

Carrot - its the muscle on the front of your shin - when inflamed a lot its often mistaken for shin splints  - it feels much better today 

haha - while the cross training may be ideal for injury prevention, it can bring problems of its own; as i entered the changing rooms i was coming down the stairs, the combination of wet and plastic meant i slipped and fell down half a flight of stairs! i was absolutely fine, but i was so shocked to slipped that i let out the most theatrical girly scream!! Cue three half  dressed men coming running out to see if i was ok! 

14/01/2013 at 23:49
Zuvai - AT - bugger. Girly scream - v funny, hope no lasting damage.

Simon - likewise with the heel

Ant - thanks for the PF tips - my OH is having probs with that so will pass it on

O4S - hope test results will shed some light

Spoons - sorry the snow made you miss your swim - it made my train journey to scotland today very picturesque, until I got further north and there wasn't any! Upside down weather.

Going to try and do intervals without a track tomorrow - I've worked out how to program the session into the garmin and am heading to a flat railway line - hope it works! Got the best recovery planned - taking my mum to a spa for a few days (minni - you want your kids to get older so they can start treating you - start planting the seeds now!)
15/01/2013 at 00:10
Hello everyone Just a quick check in, will have to read back later. Having an absolute blast. Thanks to the jet lag I'm up by 3:30 every morning so managing to get my runs in before MrB wakes up (he sleeps like a log regardless of the time zone). Between running, boarding all day, drinking (a bit) and not sleeping much I wonder how long I'm going to last! 6m planned for tomorrow at 5:30 exploring Whistler's trails and hoping the bears are dormant
15/01/2013 at 05:58
Brolish - sounds like you're having fun and your pics on Fb look amazing.

KFC - the snow is now here.

Z - nice squealing!
15/01/2013 at 06:09
Morning all.

Chuckling away this morning about Stu the rabbit!!

No snow here anymore just bloody freezing. -5!

Welcome back Freemers. Sorry to hear about your car. Well done for running each day.

Bro - looks amazing. Are you running in the snow or treadmill?!

4x1600s for me yesterday. Didn't feel too bad. On the tready @6:42 pace. Today is an easy 6.

I struggle to do 40+ miles a week. I take my hat off to you lot doing 70+
15/01/2013 at 08:08

Freemers - Welcome back and nice long run.

Red -  Looking good on your comeback, speaking of getting emotional me and OH went to see Les Miserables on Sunday, amazing film and I shed a couple of tears during the film and was a wreck at the end.

AA -  Speedy repeats, similar session to mine this morning.

4 miles recovery for me yesterday, and 4 x 1 mile repeats with 0.25 recovery early this morning, 6:31, 6:31, 6:40, 6:36  felt very tough which was reinforced by my daughter saying I looked like crap whereas she looked remarkably fresh after her swimming.

15/01/2013 at 08:30

Minni - I defy anyone to listen to that interview and not be touched by it. I've read all about Jane before and it still never ceases to amaze me, but I'd never quite realised what an absolutely fantastic bloke her OH is too. He's a real inspiration as well, and I have absolutely no idea how he has coped with it all either.

Mr Z - loving Stu the rabbit!

Nice intervals Barry & AA - it's fair to say I'm not looking forward to my first set!

5M recovery for me this morning. Felt fine, apart from being blimmin' freezing!  

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 08:30
15/01/2013 at 08:59

Stu the Rabbit - classic

Red - I listened to MT on my long run on Sunday. What a brilliant interview that was - it's just so hard to get your head around everything she did and how much pain she took, right to the end. I really hope his Yorkshire marathon is a success, I'm sure it will be.

AA / Barry - great mile reps. I have those tomorrow, can't say I am looking forward to them, but needs must.

Bro - so jealous of where you are right now! Sounds like you're having a great time. Beware of the bears

Lots of snow at home - saw two cars in the ditch on the way to the station this morning! London has a little as well but not much to speak of.

6 miles easy later.

15/01/2013 at 09:38

Tempo run last night felt really hard, not looking forward to speed work tonight - might swop with tomorrow's run as I had to run the last part of my journey into work today and the same going home.  Couldn't face the bike with minus stupid degrees on the thermometer this morning - its my hands that are the problem, they get so cold I can't brake properly.  Not great in a hilly city with ice on the roads......

Still if things get tough I will have done 2x2mile runs today which if necessary can go on Jantastic [although I feel that is cheating somewhat as they are rather short].

15/01/2013 at 10:02

Morning all

MrZ- what a wally! Im sure that fall would get you expelled rom the Build a Bear Club let alone the IM club. Hope there are no residual effects.I thought the idea is that you only swim intervals these days but I know nothing about such things. Stu-

O4S-more speed work-very impressed.Do you find it takes longer to recover from those even if short than the long steady stuff?

Bro-didnt doubt you'd run in Whistler-surely its on a TM as its dark at that time of the day. Enjoy the rest of your hols. Jetlag is a great excuse to get up early and run before the day starts

Barry-Les Mis isnt a feel good story probably good prep for a tough interval session where you feel crap afterwards. Still well done doing it.

KFC-such complex programming is beyond me-good luck on the track-Ill stick to the TM for mine..which may well be today , gulp

AA-excellent interval session, hope mine goes as well as yours

15/01/2013 at 10:21

2old: I never recover from speed work, it is taking years off my life.......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.