RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,521 to 25,540 of 37,588 messages
15/01/2013 at 05:58
Brolish - sounds like you're having fun and your pics on Fb look amazing.

KFC - the snow is now here.

Z - nice squealing!
15/01/2013 at 06:09
Morning all.

Chuckling away this morning about Stu the rabbit!!

No snow here anymore just bloody freezing. -5!

Welcome back Freemers. Sorry to hear about your car. Well done for running each day.

Bro - looks amazing. Are you running in the snow or treadmill?!

4x1600s for me yesterday. Didn't feel too bad. On the tready @6:42 pace. Today is an easy 6.

I struggle to do 40+ miles a week. I take my hat off to you lot doing 70+
15/01/2013 at 08:08

Freemers - Welcome back and nice long run.

Red -  Looking good on your comeback, speaking of getting emotional me and OH went to see Les Miserables on Sunday, amazing film and I shed a couple of tears during the film and was a wreck at the end.

AA -  Speedy repeats, similar session to mine this morning.

4 miles recovery for me yesterday, and 4 x 1 mile repeats with 0.25 recovery early this morning, 6:31, 6:31, 6:40, 6:36  felt very tough which was reinforced by my daughter saying I looked like crap whereas she looked remarkably fresh after her swimming.

15/01/2013 at 08:30

Minni - I defy anyone to listen to that interview and not be touched by it. I've read all about Jane before and it still never ceases to amaze me, but I'd never quite realised what an absolutely fantastic bloke her OH is too. He's a real inspiration as well, and I have absolutely no idea how he has coped with it all either.

Mr Z - loving Stu the rabbit!

Nice intervals Barry & AA - it's fair to say I'm not looking forward to my first set!

5M recovery for me this morning. Felt fine, apart from being blimmin' freezing!  

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 08:30
15/01/2013 at 08:59

Stu the Rabbit - classic

Red - I listened to MT on my long run on Sunday. What a brilliant interview that was - it's just so hard to get your head around everything she did and how much pain she took, right to the end. I really hope his Yorkshire marathon is a success, I'm sure it will be.

AA / Barry - great mile reps. I have those tomorrow, can't say I am looking forward to them, but needs must.

Bro - so jealous of where you are right now! Sounds like you're having a great time. Beware of the bears

Lots of snow at home - saw two cars in the ditch on the way to the station this morning! London has a little as well but not much to speak of.

6 miles easy later.

15/01/2013 at 09:38

Tempo run last night felt really hard, not looking forward to speed work tonight - might swop with tomorrow's run as I had to run the last part of my journey into work today and the same going home.  Couldn't face the bike with minus stupid degrees on the thermometer this morning - its my hands that are the problem, they get so cold I can't brake properly.  Not great in a hilly city with ice on the roads......

Still if things get tough I will have done 2x2mile runs today which if necessary can go on Jantastic [although I feel that is cheating somewhat as they are rather short].

15/01/2013 at 10:02

Morning all

MrZ- what a wally! Im sure that fall would get you expelled rom the Build a Bear Club let alone the IM club. Hope there are no residual effects.I thought the idea is that you only swim intervals these days but I know nothing about such things. Stu-

O4S-more speed work-very impressed.Do you find it takes longer to recover from those even if short than the long steady stuff?

Bro-didnt doubt you'd run in Whistler-surely its on a TM as its dark at that time of the day. Enjoy the rest of your hols. Jetlag is a great excuse to get up early and run before the day starts

Barry-Les Mis isnt a feel good story probably good prep for a tough interval session where you feel crap afterwards. Still well done doing it.

KFC-such complex programming is beyond me-good luck on the track-Ill stick to the TM for mine..which may well be today , gulp

AA-excellent interval session, hope mine goes as well as yours

15/01/2013 at 10:21

2old: I never recover from speed work, it is taking years off my life.......

15/01/2013 at 11:06

Going to watch Les Mis with my goddauther (massive Helena Bonham-Carter fan) when it starts here (21/2). She asked for tickets for her b'day. I'm normally not into all this musical stuff but it seems that this one is really good.

Loving the rabbit-Stu

Well done on the speedwork, O4S and BarryB.

M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

haha - while the cross training may be ideal for injury prevention, it can bring problems of its own; as i entered the changing rooms i was coming down the stairs, the combination of wet and plastic meant i slipped and fell down half a flight of stairs! i was absolutely fine, but i was so shocked to slipped that i let out the most theatrical girly scream!! Cue three half  dressed men coming running out to see if i was ok!  

Hilarious, Mr. Z, that girly scream . Glad you didn't injure yourself there.

AA. wrote (see)

No snow here anymore just bloody freezing. -5!

- 8.5 here and lots of snow. Freeeeeezing!

Glad I don't have to do any speedwork at the moment. I was really struggling with my breathing and needed to use the inhalter twice. Anyway, a little over 8 miles and 10 strides d&d.

15/01/2013 at 12:22

My gang - hopefully will get out for a run later assuming the snow isn't too bad.....

15/01/2013 at 14:03

Fair weather runner eh ? 

15/01/2013 at 14:05
Tricky drive into work this morning in the snow. Took me ages and I skidded off the road at one point and spilt my coffee.

Hoping it'll be clear tonight for mile reps otherwise it'll have to be the dreaded TM. Missed last night's run due to family celebrations for the boy's birthday so got up at 5:30 to get it done this morning all for he love of janwhoneedssleepanywaytastic.
M.r Zuvai    pirate
15/01/2013 at 14:29
Minni wrote (see)
Tricky drive into work this morning in the snow. Took me ages and I skidded off the road at one point and spilt my coffee.

- what happened to the breakfast??

as much as i love the jantastic motivation - there is no way i'd be getting up at 5.30 for a run!!

15/01/2013 at 15:26
O4S- that definitely counts as 2 runs. 1 mile is the min hey? No cheating in my eyes!

I feel like I cheat doing the intervals on the tready, but oh we'll

I was gonna do 6 slowish this morning alone but ran with an old friend and he chats loads so ended up doing 9.3 @8:33 ave. bonus mileage
15/01/2013 at 15:53

04S- I think Im the opposite-its the distance that wipes me out not that Im particularly fast anyway. Those are definately 2 runs too

AA-Running on a TM is not cheating, masochism yes  but not cheating.Good 9miler

Minni-another pre dawn run-its almost boring to hear about them Then again if youve committed to 7 runs a week you have to do them sometime.Youre neighbours must think you are nuts though

Chick-how cold does it have to go before you need your inhaler? Bit risky. Great running as usual

Spoons-just do it

Run no1 today done-16.5k on the TM including intervals-5x5mins @14.5kmph with 3 min recovery at 12kmph .Needed the full 3 mins .

15/01/2013 at 16:34

2old: dunno - I have run at -14 with no probs and I have run at -4 wheezing and struggling. Never really know what sets it off. I'm ok most of the time though.

Dubai Dave    pirate
15/01/2013 at 16:51
-12C and snowing. Having fun. No running!
15/01/2013 at 17:06

Some great runs gang and well done to those perserving on the boringmill!

I've got home early, was snowing heavily where I work (north essex), but none here at home (south essex). Ashamed to say have a case of the cnba fairy tonight - have just cancelled our names off the waiting list for tonight's spin - that is right, we only made it onto the waiting list because the fatty bagaide have joined the gym for January and when we tried to book last Tuesday night and it was full already (can only book 1 week in advance). Was most annoyed!  So this morning I booked when I got to work at 7:40am and have a secured place for next Tues Also spinning Thursday and Sunday this week.

Take care out there running guys!

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 17:08
15/01/2013 at 18:45
DD- who needs to run when there's powder?
Kiwi- no snow in the NW.
Run no2 for the day done. Recovery run again ..they never get any better . Jantastic no 3 done. 1 more left fr the week.
15/01/2013 at 20:08

No running for me. Loads of snow and ice. Mega cold. Traffic terrible. 2.5 hour drive home. Knackered.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.