RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,581 to 25,600 of 36,975 messages
16/01/2013 at 20:07
Simon - were you born in the ice ages??

That helicopter pilot that crashed in London was from our village
16/01/2013 at 20:07

Still no running for me. -11 degrees. Loads of ice and snow. I've fallen off the wagon and drunk a bottle of sparkling rose to see if that helps....

16/01/2013 at 20:09
Spoons - you and me both. I've made it to day 4 again and started on the red!
16/01/2013 at 20:16
Oh dear and I'm on the white...
16/01/2013 at 21:04
Nothing since Saturday for me but tomorrow ... Oh no !
Spoons- that's almost as cold as DD
M.r Zuvai    pirate
16/01/2013 at 21:25

sorry everyones having such bother with the weather - rubbish!!  

6 miles recovery for me this evening - very cold so took ages for my archilies to warm up but after that a very enjoyable run

i have to do a minni and run in the morning  - im rubbish in the mornings 

16/01/2013 at 21:26
AA - Yes I was 'Sid' in Ice age 3.
Sad news re helicopter pilot.
16/01/2013 at 21:28

Simon - we had it bad in 2001.  -17 here for more than a week.  We were without electric for 4 days.

16/01/2013 at 21:31

No electric for 4 days?

I once went without WIFI for 2 days and I thought that was bad enough!

16/01/2013 at 21:39

It was in the days before forums so I coped! 

16/01/2013 at 21:40

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/snow.jpg?width=350

Not taken by me but these are our hills today.

16/01/2013 at 22:15

Some of us were teenagers in the Big Freeze of 63 [actually I was 12 but same difference].  Our school closed for half a day which was virtually unheard of in those days [before Health and Safety went mad and every one was sent home at the sign of the first snowflake].  We had feet of snow for months and were out on those sturdy wooden sledges you only see in old films now [e.g.Citizen Kane

We have heavy snow forecast for Friday with travel disruption warnings aleady being put out, so not confident about driving over 100 miles to Surrey for our event.

16/01/2013 at 23:56

Jeez Minni - that's a lot of snow. I am meant to be driving to Buxton on Friday evening.   I am starting to suspect it's not going to be a good plan!

17/01/2013 at 00:24
Hello everyone
Sounds like some extreme weather conditions back home. Should've stayed and gone snowboarding on Hampsted Heath instead...
DD- -23??? It must be quite a shock to your system. Around -10 here first thing in the morning going up to 7 in the sun... And it's been sunny every day which is lovely but I wouldn't mind some fresh powder.
AA- I'm doing my quality sessions on TM but everything else outside.
2Old- yes, it's pitch black at 5-5:30 am which is why I'm running with a head torch.
10m done this morning and rest planned for tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone doing BM this weekend, hope the weather improves for you.
17/01/2013 at 08:04
My easyjet flight delayed - still on runway - cos it was overloaded. We passengers just chipped in to pay others to get off and fly from Burmingham as easyjet were too mean to offer sensible compensation. Pilot almost walked off flight in disgust. The curse of Bro strikes again !
Should have gone for a run
Bro - that's dedication beyond the call of duty. Very impressed
Minni. - I now know why you live there. Beautiful place
Hope you get the runs in today but stay safe
17/01/2013 at 08:08
2old - what a nightmare. Bloody easyjet is always late! Hope you manage to take off soon and have a fab holiday
17/01/2013 at 08:18
AA - thanks- still waiting to take off. Had hoped to be on the slopes this afternoon. Oh well.., c'est la vie
17/01/2013 at 08:34
Minni wrote (see)
20th Oct.

It's the 27th isn't it?

Bliddy freezing again today. I'm working at home but really need to get to the gym for a run later.

2old - that really sucks...hope you get there soon!

17/01/2013 at 09:06

Another pretty snow picture - working at home does have a better view out of the window than the office in London

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/152897/gallery/img-20130117-00001.jpg?width=350

17/01/2013 at 09:07

That looks like absolutely beautiful running scenery Minni (minus the snow, of course), no wonder you eat up the hills.

Very bad news about the helicopter crash yesterday, must have been horrific to see.

2Old - hope you take off soon. If not, get off and head to Minni's neck of the woods as looks like you'll be able to do everything you want to there anyway.

I did 6M in to work this morning and was absolutely blimmin' freezing. No idea of temperature, but was very hard work breathing properly. Quite enjoyable though - Regents Park lake was completely frozen over. Got my Garmin back yesterday so am going to do a few of my regular routes to see how depressingly off fitness I am compared to this time last year!

As for the wagon... I'm not so much going to fall off of it tonight, more be pushed off of the side, run over by it, and then it'll reverse back for good measure. It's our work internal awards do, which is always raucous in the extreme, and a free bar... They do say if you're going to do something, you might as well do it properly. 

Must remember to stay awake on the train. Must remember to stay awake on the train. Must remember to stay awake on the train... 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.