RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,601 to 25,620 of 36,987 messages
17/01/2013 at 09:31

Red - you'll get your fitness back quickly I'm sure. Just great that you are running again.

I'm actually still on the wagon! 13 days and counting  Buxton trip postponed, 18 miles on the treadmill is starting to look like a real possibility on Sunday 

M.r Zuvai    pirate
17/01/2013 at 09:49

stunning pics Freemers & Minni

still no snow here - but im not complaining having seen the impact to Spoons' journey's and everyones training!

canned my early run as when i woke up my legs were quite sore - particulary the shins - despite feeling great during and post last nights run  Will get out later but will keep it real easy

still on the wagon for me - day 17!

Im still quite heavy according to the scales but i can see some visible changes to shape so hopefully the weight will catch up soon!

17/01/2013 at 10:31

Oh yes, Freemers, its the 27th!  Sorry! 

2old - hope you get away.

17/01/2013 at 11:05

I'm supposed to be coaching at running club tonight but I'm about to cancel it....

17/01/2013 at 11:49

Stunning photos, if you like snow.  Nothing here yet but meant to get some tomorrow.  Week of cold early morning running, 7 slow yesterday and 6 steady this morning which felt tough but managed 7:21 avg.

2old -  Enjoy the trip, when you get there.Lots of ski kit overloaded the plane?

Brol -  Good jawb getting the training in while away, must be great  running in the snow when dark.

Red -  Enjoy the free bar, get yourself home safe, don't want to get stranded with the big load of snow tonight/tomorrow.

Ant - I've got 18 planned for the weekend so could be joining you on the tready if the gym is open.

17/01/2013 at 14:10

Made it to the gym and back - main roads OK but side roads quite treacherous! Nice session though - 5 mins @ 7.30's / 5 mins @ 7.00's, repeat for 45 minutes, plus w/u and c/d. I feel a lot better for doing that

I'm down for 20 on Sunday. I'm psyching myself up for doing it on the treadmill.

A balmy -5.5 degrees in the car today

17/01/2013 at 14:24
Freemers - nice Minni special sesh there. I did that yesterday - just not as fast as you

Redders - good to see you back running. Enjoy the fall off the wagon tonight.

Ant, mrZ, respect for staying on it.
Looks like tomorrow's big snow will hit O4S first, then Barry then makes it way over to me before hitting you Londoners.

I am psyching myself up for 18 miles on the tready tomorrow morning. How many of us are gonna manage the long ones on them? I'm already talking myself out of it!!
17/01/2013 at 14:25

If my 30 mile event is cancelled on Sunday, or we can't get to it, there is no chance I will be doing 30 on a treadmill.  Luckily my last run for Jantastic is scheduled for tonight .

Had a sports massage yesterday and the 29 year old masseur said I had the muscles of a person in their 20's.  I was just waiting for him to say 'Shame about the Face', but luckily for him he didn't..........................

17/01/2013 at 14:27
Hey just recorded my 3 mile recovery on Jantastic and we are now on the top page! Go Team Minni! Are we ahead of the 3:15ers?
M.r Zuvai    pirate
17/01/2013 at 15:11

4 mile easy run done - shortest run so far this year

no respect deserved here though AA - it's absolutely normal apart from being a little cold - first time i've run with my legs covered in years!!

i bet the skiing crew are having a whale of a time

17/01/2013 at 15:24

Nice snow photos peeps. and animated gifs Mr Z, thankfully I never googled prehensile. . Lots of great long runs by everyone at the moment, nice to see.

Gazelle, DD & Brol off on hols and Brol running around her chalet - at 5.30am?
Barry, sorry to hear about the job, fingers crossed.

2old, good running by you. Chesters noted for future reference, especially Freemers mention of huge cake portions

Simon hope the heel is better, I've had nearly a bony spur and not pleasant. Treadmills I find more impact, trail better when possible.

League race for me last Sunday, cold and in a very twisty turny park and on a camber which I find hard with old injury left hip & heel...  4 curvy laps going left the whole time and no  straight sections... grrr. 5.4 miles in sub 35 minutes though, 6.30min miles, not too shabby but not flat out either - Jan more a month for Longer stuff in my Franken type plan (not Brol type long ever).
Then 6 ish miles @ 8-8.30 mm warm down chatting with friends to our house, sausages sizzling in the Aga, bacon, eggs, tea for all of us - lovely! (hmm tea tonight...)

Light running only this next few days with a busy weekend - final preparation for the 50 mile ultra Feb 2nd. Was planning to run this with a pal who is now injured.. hmmm. Did wibble a bit, Time to HTFU, just adds to the event going solo now, I will meet others anyway.

Saturday doing Hebden Bridge 22 miler with Mrs FRC at her pace, 3500-4000 ft of hills and also expecting 2-6" of snow underfoot. Backpacks, jackets, sealskinz, trail shoes and tons of food every 3-4 miles, plus a meal and dessert with custard at the end. Actually looking forward to it in a mad sort of way.

Then Sunday doing Helsby Half marathon as a training run, pace to be decided, perhaps 2013 PMP if I feel okay, but getting around first aim. I will take gels (blok shots) to keep energy levels high though just in case.

Dubai Dave    pirate
17/01/2013 at 15:28
Only -19C today, sun shining, powder glistening. No intention of running. 2old hope that flight takes off soon.
17/01/2013 at 15:53
DD - think you should take a leaf out of bro's book. Just lazy!!

2old is probably still stuck on the Tarmac!
17/01/2013 at 17:02

Out for a run at lunchtime - absolutely perfect running weather. Sun was shining, no wind to speak of, around 0 degrees and no snow or ice to contend with. 6 miles knocked out. Hopefully will be back up to 40 again this week, which is where I was when the achilles played up. Ankle is still a little stiff at times, but I think I am over the worst of it now. 

FRC - your weekend sounds mental. I hope you survive!

AA, Barry & Freemers - the dreadmill is calling. I think I will have to dig out some Audible books.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
17/01/2013 at 18:04
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

2old- i love the positive way you look at the world!  When you off on holiday? Enjoy the running break and the work break!
RE: you wanting to do more swimming and spinning - there is nothing better for my legs at recovery than a good swim. Even if i do the whole set with a pull-bouythe gentle pushing off and cool water is perfect for putting some life back into the legs

it appears there is some science behind my belief that swimming aids recovery;

17/01/2013 at 20:01
It's saying on the Brass Monkey website that they're going to make a decision on Saturday lunch time but by the forecast in doubtful I'll get there.
17/01/2013 at 20:46

Stupid weather

Great work still getting your runs in Bro, are you sure you haven't entered Brass Monkey this weekend?.....

Are the roads bad up your way Minni? I've not had any hassle yet this week, we've had a bit of snow here but some areas even within a 5 mile radius have had much more.  I hope the forecasters are just covering their backs by saying it's going to be really bad. I want to race on Sunday

I ran outside Monday and Tuesday.  My hands were agony warming up around the track on Tuesday even though I had gloves on - after a few laps warm up I couldn't take it any more and ran inside to warm them up on the little heater.  So tonight I have been a fair weather runner and hit the treadmill.  Warm hands all night!  I was unsure of how long to run for - I was doing a reduced mileage version of my planned run - as I don't know if I'm tapering or not for a half marathon that may or may not be going ahead.

17/01/2013 at 21:03
They're not so bad today Carrot bug the moors will be bad over the weekend by the sound of things. I want to race too!

Logged my 5th run of the week on Janwe'renearthetoptastic and AA is right, we're settling into a very nice position there. Another week or so and we should have secured top place.

Well ahead of the 3:15 lot and carter's team too. (NB it is not a competition....)
17/01/2013 at 21:26

Not a competition?

I got out for a run tonight. 4 miles on the beach with head torch. I figured the beach would be safe. The sand has got snow on it which is very rare. Quite good fun actually but my left calf and shin were playing up so I was limping by the end. Think I need a massage as the foam roller was agony afterwards

17/01/2013 at 21:43

Some lovely pictures on here of the snow....it looks so gorgeous...but really its a complete pain in the back side!

I do hope BM is still on, fingers crossed we had our share of snow on monday

hope your plane turned up 2old

old4speed wrote (see)

If my 30 mile event is cancelled on Sunday, or we can't get to it, there is no chance I will be doing 30 on a treadmill.  Luckily my last run for Jantastic is scheduled for tonight .

Had a sports massage yesterday and the 29 year old masseur said I had the muscles of a person in their 20's.  I was just waiting for him to say 'Shame about the Face', but luckily for him he didn't..........................

A fabulous compliment you should be proud.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.