RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,621 to 25,640 of 37,108 messages
18/01/2013 at 10:08

University closed here and most schools.  One car has managed to get out of our cul de sac today and we are off on a snow shovelling expedition to clear paths for elderly neighbours.  Glad I have got all my runs in for this week!

18/01/2013 at 12:46

Snow here and no work for me this afternoon, was planning to run in and run home.  Just been out for a slow 5 in road shoes and OK, may be different tomorrow if it freezes overnight.

18/01/2013 at 12:47
Schools closed here too.

Well I did it... 18 miles on the treadmill. Thank you to spoons for his badgering!! Whose next up for the mental torture?
M.r Zuvai    pirate
18/01/2013 at 13:17

storming effort AA! there's been some great resiliance from everyone this week!

I cycled to the pool this morning in the rain/ sleet, did my pool session then came out at 8 to find my bike covered in 2 inches of snow!! i still have my racing tyres on as ive not got round  to putting winter tyres on yet - made a very tricky cycle home!

time for my weekly friday gif file

Aparently there is nothing more terrifying than a hiccup!

http://imgur.com/RNHEQ

M.r Zuvai    pirate
18/01/2013 at 13:20

hmmm that didn't work...  

here's the link anyway http://imgur.com/RNHEQ

18/01/2013 at 13:56

AA - 18m on the TM is just plain mental.

got into work this morning but have come home early.  Didn't sleep well last night so might head off for a kip....

18/01/2013 at 16:05

AA - big kudos for getting that done. I did 10k on the TM today and all I could think about was how the hell am I going to stick it for 20 miles on Sunday! Just hoping no more snow and if it all gets a bit slushy on the roads that would be fine.

18/01/2013 at 16:38

Wow 18m on a tready AA, that deserves some sort of medal!

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend if they're on, and to everyone doing their long runs outside (I'm going to, as don't have a TM option).

I've had a very strange day today. I woke up still drunk after 4 hours sleep, got the train into work, and then got an email at 10 saying everyone who didn't live in London was allowed to go and work from home. I thought that was great, until I remembered that I needed to run from work to get all of my kit in the right place. So there was only one thing for it, I changed into my running gear and ran from the 2 miles from the office to Kings Cross. I got some very strange looks as it was in the middle of a snow blizzard, and I wasn't sure whether I was going to a) pass out, b) slip and fall over or c) be sick! Glad I did it though, as now I can run 7 miles in on Tuesday morning without needing to carry a bag of clothes.It reminded me of the good old days when I used to play Sunday morning football! And I'm not even in Jantastic! 

18/01/2013 at 18:55
AA - brilliant mental effort, what did you listen too, watch?

Red - Well done for not throwing up. Are you injury free now?

Minni - Hope you enjoyed your siesta!
18/01/2013 at 18:58

I think my max ever is 16 miles on the dreadmill 

i usually park my car on the gangway leading down to the beach. Only problem is I couldn't get the car up the hill in the ice today

anyway - all sorted and now drinking wine and eating crisps and olives while watching How to train your dragon with the boy

18/01/2013 at 19:00

X post - Simon - she mostly listened to me saying "don't get off yet you lazy cow"

18/01/2013 at 19:51
Simon- I watched a bit of telly while listening to my iPhone. To be honest it was an absolute killer. I've done long runs a few times but hate it. Was texting spoons who kept me going...well almost bet me to keep going!!

Now I have drank a bottle of red and am nodding off in front of the fire..oh well.!! We will be almost cut off tomorrow if the snow freezes into ice. Not much makes it up the hill Ito the village

Carrot - you will be very impressed with mr AAs trip to Newcastle today. Flight cancelled, second flight cancelled, now on a train up there. Lets just hope the match isn't called off like against Sunderland. And hope that maybe we might get something out the match!!!
18/01/2013 at 20:32
AA - if you were able to text on the TM, you're either very good at it, or you weren't going fast enough. I hope you didn't buy anything watching QVC!
18/01/2013 at 20:52

Loving all the good sessions being knocked out on treadmills around the country!

Hope the kipper overdose has worn off Minni.

Well done getting the hungover run to the station done Redwood, great news that you now think nothing of planning a 7M (pain-free) run into work

AA - I'm with you cheering Reading on tomorrow! Hope he makes it and it isn't cancelled after that epic of just trying to get there.

Re: the gloves - the worst part of it is that I own a lovely warm Karrimor pair that a colleague gave me for Christmas, they're really thick and usually too warm for 'regular' winter weather.  I only thought of them once at the running track. Put them on today for an easy 4 miler (it was a tropical -3 at 10am when I ran) - hands lovely and warm! 

M.r Zuvai    pirate
18/01/2013 at 20:58

thanks for the responses on the roller - usefull, thank you! 

a gentle 6 miles for me tonight

2old's flight made the news!  

18/01/2013 at 21:00

Those who have struggled getting out and about this week due to the weather, spare a thought for the poor Middlesbrough players tonight who are away at Leicester.  Stuck in traffic on the tour bus, the match had to be postponed, and it still didn't look like they would make it to the ground!!  The hardy souls got off the bus and WALKED the last half a mile to the football ground.  Can you imagine, professional athletes having to walk 800m to start work.

18/01/2013 at 21:09
Mr Z - that's so funny. Love the fact that they said it was male overweight passengers!!! Classic.

Redders - forgot to day well done to your Stirling effort on janhangovertastic. Gotta get a special award for that effort of the month!
18/01/2013 at 21:17
And we heard the story as it was breaking...!
18/01/2013 at 21:31

I love the quote! "The whip-round certainly happened, I put two quid in. I saw other people throwing in fivers" 

How much must people have to weigh to make getting off actually make that much of a difference on an aeroplane? Do they take their bags with them? How much do the food and drinks trolleys weigh?  I had 15kg of luggage on my last easyjet flight, that's 1/4 of my bodyweight.  Me + luggage is probably still less than a tall, 'portly' chap. As much as £100 pocketed just to get a flight a few hours later would be nice, it's got to be a bit embarrasing to be the one who gets asked to leave the plane as it's too heavy....

18/01/2013 at 21:38
So funny ... Next easyjet will be weighing their passengers on check-in and charging them extra of they're overweight
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.