RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,681 to 25,700 of 37,332 messages
20/01/2013 at 17:18

Gah 16 miles done on the treadmill while watching Arsenal get beat by cheating Chelsea and their dodgy penalty. Last 20 minutes done at MP (7:40) which is the most speedy stuff I have since done before Xmas. It really drags on a treadmill though 

Well done to everyone who got out there doing. I just didn't fancy it much . And well done to Carrot who actually raced today - hard to believe that there are places in the UK with no snow!

20/01/2013 at 17:26

14 miles in the snow and ice for me, making 33 this weekend, so nearly as good as the ultra and over 50 miles for the week.  We haven't had any fresh snow so it is very icy in places, but I managed to get a pretty good route though I say it myself.  Haven't had the car out since Thursday and no plans to do so in the foreseeable future - 5 mile trek to the supermarket with a rucksack tomorrow.

Well done Carrot, wonder how they have managed to escape the snow

Scuba Trooper    pirate
20/01/2013 at 17:40

Evening all

Great to see several of the injured returning to double figure training runs. No so good that illness and injury have put a couple of others on the bench.

Great TM running, I don't know how you do more than a hour at a time, I did 1:10 on the turbo in the garage with a DVD and was so glad to get off.

I enjoy running in the snow and haven't fallen over before but this morning only about a minute from home I went down got up and 3 steps later was down again then at the bottom of the short slope down again. No serious damage, just a graze on my elbow and I'm sure I'll have a bruise on my butt. Take it easy out there!

Sorry I've not posted for a coup[le of weeks, been busy, worked a few days over the last couple of weeks as well as my house husband duties. I have also done 2 weeks in the style of my training plan that starts in Feb. Managed 8 hours training last week split between 3 swim, 3 bikes and 3 runs and 7 hrs this week but only 2 bikes this time.Feel tired at times but not achy like I would if i ran that much (in-fact I don't think I've ever trained 8 hrs in a week before).

Had another test on my PFO (hole in the heart) and theres 80% closure after the first month which is good progress but I still am not allowed to dive.

20/01/2013 at 17:44
Chick - Sorry for confusing you with AA. Hope you get some snow soon, so you can join in the fun.

AA - Well done on your 50m week.

Carot - Yes the whole of the west coast hasn't had any snow since Friday, and then it wasn't that much. Well done on 2nd lady.
20/01/2013 at 19:15

ST - good to hear progress is good with the PFO

Well done crazy long run treadmill people!

Carrot - nice race, feels good to show the rest of the field a swishing ponytail eh?!

Minni, Sarah, O4S - shame the races got canned, looks like you made up for it well with some good runs

Spoons - gonna try that session now, I think my core hates you already...

Yesterday - lsr of 10M at 8.23 avg done - only about an inch of snow, lovely run.  Feels great to be back in double figures.  Followed it up with a 2k swim.

Today - less productive...  Was supposed to be doing a cyclocross race, but OH wimped out and we ended up walking in the snow instead.  Had another couple of inches of snow so speedwork tomorrow could be... interesting!

20/01/2013 at 19:24

Carrot - yes the 4 in 4

just had a sports massage. He says I have weak glutes I nearly said I bet they're stronger than yours....

20/01/2013 at 19:25

Carrot - well done on the 10km. That would be a PB for me by 3 seconds!

nice long runs folks

20/01/2013 at 20:17

Spoons - that kinetic revolution has a load of good stuff on it. Cheers!

20/01/2013 at 20:24

Can you do it though? I can't

20/01/2013 at 20:26
Minni - We're on 49%, I reckon we just need 1 more run logged and we'll be on the max 50% on Jantastic.

Carot - Is Parsnip playing the waiting game, just to test Minnis resolve?

ST - Great news Re PFO, and excellent training.
20/01/2013 at 21:02

gahhh - those lying back ones are ridiculous!

20/01/2013 at 21:18

Well done Carrot!   Good idea when you're psyched up for a race anyway.  How did Parsnip do?  

KFC - nice to see you back in double figures and good to see you getting some miles in too Spoons.

AA - hold on - you don't do 50m weeks?!!   

Chick - winter should be coming to a close soon.  Hang on in there.

Hope DD hasn't become a porky on holiday - he has a marathon in 5 days.

I've checked Simon and we're on 50% now.   Still a few to log too.  Well done team.

Please can we post links to useful things in the LIBRARY,  then we can access them at any time without having to scroll back.  There's also links to the race sheet (which I've updated since it seemed I wasn't doing anything in 2013!) and the PB sheet, which will hopefully take a hammering this year.

20/01/2013 at 22:11
Simon..Minni had me doing an 18 miler instead today, managed 8 miles at MP and the rest at a steadier pace. I ended up doing it on the treadmill though as I didnt dare risk some of the streets

Minni, I could have collected your top for you today and brought it to London in April!! I think they could have at least posted the tops out after they havent been able to offer any refunds or entry for next year.
20/01/2013 at 23:21
Sarah - Well done on 18m on a treadmill. You must be another treadie junkie.

Spoons - Great video, just downloading to my iPad now.

Well that's a total of 3m this week, that's 3x1m to help Jantastic, just in case. Heel feeling better everyday, and might attempt a run outside next week, but not quite the 17m I had planned in my sched. Good job I'm not one of the forum six!
21/01/2013 at 00:44

Spoons - no way can i do those exercises they looked brutal! I had a browse some some of the other video. Looked to be some good stuff.

One more weekend of non-drinking Jan to go. Hurrah

21/01/2013 at 00:56
Hello everyone
10m done at 5am this morning. I'm becoming a bit of an expert in trail routes around Whistler. Shame I don't get to see much in darkness, from what I manage to glimpse I think the scenery is absolutely stunning. It's also blooming freezing.
No bears to report but I did run into a white rabbit (didn't follow it)
21/01/2013 at 06:50
kfc. wrote (see)

gahhh - those lying back ones are ridiculous!

The forward plank ones are OK. It's the backwards and sideways ones. I couldn't manage one!

21/01/2013 at 07:20
Morning all,

Great work on those long runs - especially on the treadmill

Carrot - brilliant result for the 10k

Becs / Chick - sorry you've both been poorly, hope you're feeling back to normal soon.

So my running weekend started on Saturday with a 6 mile steady effort outdoors. But as I was doing it I realised there was no way I could do 20 the next day, as all the side roads I'd have to take were like ice rinks. For the 6 I ended up running up and down the main road four times and I didn't fancy doing that for 20 miles the next day. Plus it was freezing cold and more snow was forecast for Sunday morning. So I took myself to the gym and did 20 on the treadmill. It wasn't quite as bad as I expected - I took a break for the loo and a gel after each hour which helped - listened to MT and lots of music and just got my head down. Average pace was 8.20, with the middle section at 8's and the bits either side slower. But I hope I don't have to do that again!
21/01/2013 at 08:31
Spoons. wrote (see)

just had a sports massage. He says I have weak glutes I nearly said I bet they're stronger than yours....

Everyone is told they have weak glutes. I'm starting to think that's just how they're meant to be and the physios haven't cottoned on.

Planks, eek. Must do core, must do core.

21/01/2013 at 11:37

Morning all

Pleased to say Easyjet got me home last night ,fortunately the flight wasnt full so we didnt have to off load some fat ones.Anyway Im thinking of suing for defamation-overweight men -who me? It was chaotic at Geneva and London flights-Bro!-were badly affected.I met one family who had been stuck in departures since Friday.Thanks goodness I got home before Bro took to the air.

Didnt do any running whilst away but did lots of skiing and drinking and watched an ice hockey match.

Sorry to see that the weather resulted in your races being cancelled except for Carrot-great result in that 10k and cash to take home too.

Lots of great TM LRs done- great stuff AA,Barry,Sarah,Ant

Specail well dones to all those for getting out in such challenging conditions-Minni, O4S, Bro, Red ,Spoons Chick. Ive got a lot of catching up to do

Simon-it was nice to see Liverpool turning it on.Sturridge looks a good buy. Well done squeezing out those painful runs.

AA-50 miles in a week-theres no stopping you now

Spoons-110 miles?epic.........mad

Congrats to all for Jantastic, and now another week begins. It looks like its back to the TM for me as theres thick snow everywhere here.

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 11:38
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.