RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,701 to 25,720 of 36,987 messages
20/01/2013 at 20:24

Can you do it though? I can't

20/01/2013 at 20:26
Minni - We're on 49%, I reckon we just need 1 more run logged and we'll be on the max 50% on Jantastic.

Carot - Is Parsnip playing the waiting game, just to test Minnis resolve?

ST - Great news Re PFO, and excellent training.
20/01/2013 at 21:02

gahhh - those lying back ones are ridiculous!

20/01/2013 at 21:18

Well done Carrot!   Good idea when you're psyched up for a race anyway.  How did Parsnip do?  

KFC - nice to see you back in double figures and good to see you getting some miles in too Spoons.

AA - hold on - you don't do 50m weeks?!!   

Chick - winter should be coming to a close soon.  Hang on in there.

Hope DD hasn't become a porky on holiday - he has a marathon in 5 days.

I've checked Simon and we're on 50% now.   Still a few to log too.  Well done team.

Please can we post links to useful things in the LIBRARY,  then we can access them at any time without having to scroll back.  There's also links to the race sheet (which I've updated since it seemed I wasn't doing anything in 2013!) and the PB sheet, which will hopefully take a hammering this year.

20/01/2013 at 22:11
Simon..Minni had me doing an 18 miler instead today, managed 8 miles at MP and the rest at a steadier pace. I ended up doing it on the treadmill though as I didnt dare risk some of the streets

Minni, I could have collected your top for you today and brought it to London in April!! I think they could have at least posted the tops out after they havent been able to offer any refunds or entry for next year.
20/01/2013 at 23:21
Sarah - Well done on 18m on a treadmill. You must be another treadie junkie.

Spoons - Great video, just downloading to my iPad now.

Well that's a total of 3m this week, that's 3x1m to help Jantastic, just in case. Heel feeling better everyday, and might attempt a run outside next week, but not quite the 17m I had planned in my sched. Good job I'm not one of the forum six!
21/01/2013 at 00:44

Spoons - no way can i do those exercises they looked brutal! I had a browse some some of the other video. Looked to be some good stuff.

One more weekend of non-drinking Jan to go. Hurrah

21/01/2013 at 00:56
Hello everyone
10m done at 5am this morning. I'm becoming a bit of an expert in trail routes around Whistler. Shame I don't get to see much in darkness, from what I manage to glimpse I think the scenery is absolutely stunning. It's also blooming freezing.
No bears to report but I did run into a white rabbit (didn't follow it)
21/01/2013 at 06:50
kfc. wrote (see)

gahhh - those lying back ones are ridiculous!

The forward plank ones are OK. It's the backwards and sideways ones. I couldn't manage one!

21/01/2013 at 07:20
Morning all,

Great work on those long runs - especially on the treadmill

Carrot - brilliant result for the 10k

Becs / Chick - sorry you've both been poorly, hope you're feeling back to normal soon.

So my running weekend started on Saturday with a 6 mile steady effort outdoors. But as I was doing it I realised there was no way I could do 20 the next day, as all the side roads I'd have to take were like ice rinks. For the 6 I ended up running up and down the main road four times and I didn't fancy doing that for 20 miles the next day. Plus it was freezing cold and more snow was forecast for Sunday morning. So I took myself to the gym and did 20 on the treadmill. It wasn't quite as bad as I expected - I took a break for the loo and a gel after each hour which helped - listened to MT and lots of music and just got my head down. Average pace was 8.20, with the middle section at 8's and the bits either side slower. But I hope I don't have to do that again!
21/01/2013 at 08:31
Spoons. wrote (see)

just had a sports massage. He says I have weak glutes I nearly said I bet they're stronger than yours....

Everyone is told they have weak glutes. I'm starting to think that's just how they're meant to be and the physios haven't cottoned on.

Planks, eek. Must do core, must do core.

21/01/2013 at 11:37

Morning all

Pleased to say Easyjet got me home last night ,fortunately the flight wasnt full so we didnt have to off load some fat ones.Anyway Im thinking of suing for defamation-overweight men -who me? It was chaotic at Geneva and London flights-Bro!-were badly affected.I met one family who had been stuck in departures since Friday.Thanks goodness I got home before Bro took to the air.

Didnt do any running whilst away but did lots of skiing and drinking and watched an ice hockey match.

Sorry to see that the weather resulted in your races being cancelled except for Carrot-great result in that 10k and cash to take home too.

Lots of great TM LRs done- great stuff AA,Barry,Sarah,Ant

Specail well dones to all those for getting out in such challenging conditions-Minni, O4S, Bro, Red ,Spoons Chick. Ive got a lot of catching up to do

Simon-it was nice to see Liverpool turning it on.Sturridge looks a good buy. Well done squeezing out those painful runs.

AA-50 miles in a week-theres no stopping you now

Spoons-110 miles?epic.........mad

Congrats to all for Jantastic, and now another week begins. It looks like its back to the TM for me as theres thick snow everywhere here.

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 11:38
21/01/2013 at 12:18

carrot: well raced and congrats on 2nd lady

ST: good to see you popping in. How long will it take for the hole to close properly?

Bro: wow, knocking out 10 milers in the middle of the night on hols is quite some determination!

Freemers: another one with an epic run on the treadie. I would have lost the will to live after 15 mins ...

2old: Glad you made it home. There's utter chaos at most airports at the moment. Southwestern Germany has had ice rain for 2 days now and I don't think the airports have reopened yet. Frankfurt as the biggest and busiest airport in the country really caused lots of trouble. And in Hamburg security personnel is on strike. Glad I'm not travelling anywhere ...

I'm glad I somehow managed all my 6 Jantastic runs. The last one yesterday was even 1.25 miles long . Last week was a grand total of 13 miles  .

21/01/2013 at 15:03

Chick-yes Im relieved to have made it-European flights are in chaos -no Swissair flights were operationg when I got to the airport. Good to see you got all the runs planned done

ST-good news your condition is on the mend and you're accumulating the training hours.Fatigue does set in and part of the process is adapting to training in that condition allowing for a recovery week every now and then. My ski trip was, in theory, a recovery period but having had only 14 hours sleep over 4 nights for various reasons,no recovering was done

Free-a 20mile TM run -very impressive. Whilst Ive never done one that long breaking them up into sections does help.

Eased myself back with a MLR. 21k on the TM at 8mm.

21/01/2013 at 15:55
2old - Welcome back. Yes Liverpool looked good at the w/end.
Traffic over parbold was at a standstill this morning, so deviated to Ormskirk to pickup M58. Less snow in didsbury which was surprising.
Enjoy your lsr's on the TM, you should have quads of steel after skiing.
21/01/2013 at 18:44

More crazy treadmill action - freemers, sarah - much rather you than me!

So, speedwork planned for today - 5x1k.  Ran to the dirt track in my local park, and couldnt find it under the snow!  Think I found the backstraight and just managed to hit 10min/miles, so decided it was not a day for speed and took myself on a 8M run through the snow on Walthamstow marshes at a speed dictated by my own coefficient of friction - 8.42 then.  Absolutely stunning run, loved every step.

Spoons - I've added the kinetic revolution link to the library, did a few of those last night, theres some really good stuff on there (when its not impossible...)

21/01/2013 at 19:54

Carrot -  Congrats on the 10K podium finish.

Freemers -  Great weekend of treadmilling topped off by you.

AA -  Good effort for the 50 mile week. Can't imagine treadmilling with a hangover.

Minni -   Shame about BM but an excellent time on feet run.

ST -  Good to hear from you, nice varied training.

Still icy down here and think it will be for the next few days, just over 4 easy on the tready, intervals on the plan for tomorrow.

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 19:54
21/01/2013 at 20:07

4 miles in the snow today - back starting to grumble at all the lateral slipping and sliding

21/01/2013 at 21:04

Minni the good news is he knocked a minute off his PB finishing in 38:09!  The bad news is he's had a dodgy hamstring all week so has only logged 3 runs (and is yet to log those, gaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!)  Apparantly YKH are going to be posting out the race tshirts from the race we didn't run.

Bro you probably ran more miles last week than I did and you're on holiday!

2old - did you see your flight had made the news? How much did you contribute to the whip round?

I'm sure I was told by a physio that I have weak glutes too....

College was cancelled tonight, something about bad weather  Went for a swim instead, handy as I've been setting off half an hour earlier to make sure get to work on time, which means no time for a Tuesday AM swim tomorrow.  Supposed to be track session tomorrow but it's under around half a foot of snow.  They'll just end up doing a run around the streets so I might hit the gym treadmill and do the session that was planned. 

Scuba Trooper    pirate
21/01/2013 at 21:05

Forgot to mention I was convinced to do a 5 mile time trial last week with the Tri club I've just joined. I hadn't done any miles faster than 8:30min miles since before the stroke but I went out with the intention of trying to hold 7:30min miles and managed 37:20 and I recon that there's at least another minute or maybe 2 to squeeze out of that time and it isn't the flattest of courses. they do it once a month so I'm tempted to use it as a measure of fitness and training success.

Hope everyone is taking care in the snow, looks like the north east is getting a ever more than we did in East Anglia over the weekend.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.