RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,701 to 25,720 of 37,203 messages
21/01/2013 at 12:18

carrot: well raced and congrats on 2nd lady

ST: good to see you popping in. How long will it take for the hole to close properly?

Bro: wow, knocking out 10 milers in the middle of the night on hols is quite some determination!

Freemers: another one with an epic run on the treadie. I would have lost the will to live after 15 mins ...

2old: Glad you made it home. There's utter chaos at most airports at the moment. Southwestern Germany has had ice rain for 2 days now and I don't think the airports have reopened yet. Frankfurt as the biggest and busiest airport in the country really caused lots of trouble. And in Hamburg security personnel is on strike. Glad I'm not travelling anywhere ...

I'm glad I somehow managed all my 6 Jantastic runs. The last one yesterday was even 1.25 miles long . Last week was a grand total of 13 miles  .

21/01/2013 at 15:03

Chick-yes Im relieved to have made it-European flights are in chaos -no Swissair flights were operationg when I got to the airport. Good to see you got all the runs planned done

ST-good news your condition is on the mend and you're accumulating the training hours.Fatigue does set in and part of the process is adapting to training in that condition allowing for a recovery week every now and then. My ski trip was, in theory, a recovery period but having had only 14 hours sleep over 4 nights for various reasons,no recovering was done

Free-a 20mile TM run -very impressive. Whilst Ive never done one that long breaking them up into sections does help.

Eased myself back with a MLR. 21k on the TM at 8mm.

21/01/2013 at 15:55
2old - Welcome back. Yes Liverpool looked good at the w/end.
Traffic over parbold was at a standstill this morning, so deviated to Ormskirk to pickup M58. Less snow in didsbury which was surprising.
Enjoy your lsr's on the TM, you should have quads of steel after skiing.
21/01/2013 at 18:44

More crazy treadmill action - freemers, sarah - much rather you than me!

So, speedwork planned for today - 5x1k.  Ran to the dirt track in my local park, and couldnt find it under the snow!  Think I found the backstraight and just managed to hit 10min/miles, so decided it was not a day for speed and took myself on a 8M run through the snow on Walthamstow marshes at a speed dictated by my own coefficient of friction - 8.42 then.  Absolutely stunning run, loved every step.

Spoons - I've added the kinetic revolution link to the library, did a few of those last night, theres some really good stuff on there (when its not impossible...)

21/01/2013 at 19:54

Carrot -  Congrats on the 10K podium finish.

Freemers -  Great weekend of treadmilling topped off by you.

AA -  Good effort for the 50 mile week. Can't imagine treadmilling with a hangover.

Minni -   Shame about BM but an excellent time on feet run.

ST -  Good to hear from you, nice varied training.

Still icy down here and think it will be for the next few days, just over 4 easy on the tready, intervals on the plan for tomorrow.

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 19:54
21/01/2013 at 20:07

4 miles in the snow today - back starting to grumble at all the lateral slipping and sliding

21/01/2013 at 21:04

Minni the good news is he knocked a minute off his PB finishing in 38:09!  The bad news is he's had a dodgy hamstring all week so has only logged 3 runs (and is yet to log those, gaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!)  Apparantly YKH are going to be posting out the race tshirts from the race we didn't run.

Bro you probably ran more miles last week than I did and you're on holiday!

2old - did you see your flight had made the news? How much did you contribute to the whip round?

I'm sure I was told by a physio that I have weak glutes too....

College was cancelled tonight, something about bad weather  Went for a swim instead, handy as I've been setting off half an hour earlier to make sure get to work on time, which means no time for a Tuesday AM swim tomorrow.  Supposed to be track session tomorrow but it's under around half a foot of snow.  They'll just end up doing a run around the streets so I might hit the gym treadmill and do the session that was planned. 

Scuba Trooper    pirate
21/01/2013 at 21:05

Forgot to mention I was convinced to do a 5 mile time trial last week with the Tri club I've just joined. I hadn't done any miles faster than 8:30min miles since before the stroke but I went out with the intention of trying to hold 7:30min miles and managed 37:20 and I recon that there's at least another minute or maybe 2 to squeeze out of that time and it isn't the flattest of courses. they do it once a month so I'm tempted to use it as a measure of fitness and training success.

Hope everyone is taking care in the snow, looks like the north east is getting a ever more than we did in East Anglia over the weekend.

21/01/2013 at 21:10

ST - nice one.

I'm hating today and going to go to bed.  Two horrendous journeys in the snow.  Fire alarm went off at work - right when it was raining ice.  More snow here tonight. Depressing. Sorry.

Carrot - someone picked up my t-shirt yesterday. 

21/01/2013 at 21:26

ST - good work!

I swam 2.5km tonight.

21/01/2013 at 22:53
ST - how'd it feel to be running at that pace again? I bet you felt good.

Minni - Can we have some of that snow you've got, it's virtually all gone on the west coast.
22/01/2013 at 00:49
Did I say something about becoming an expert in Whistler's trails? Got completely lost this morning. The trail was there one minute and the next it just ended in a pile of snow. I got to the main road with no footway to run on and a very vague idea where I was going (we're talking 6am and complete darkness). 5min of looking around and pondering what to do and I literally started to freeze... Some friendly Canadians on their way to work stopped and offered me a lift which I really couldn't refuse. My face was so frozen I struggled to explain where I was going... Lol. Lesson learnt. Still 5m logged for jantastic!
TM session tomorrow and a daytime run on Wednesday as its the last day and I get to sleep in.
Hope the snow buggers off, sounds like a bit of a nightmare back home.
22/01/2013 at 01:36
Brol - Sounds like fun, but nearly scary.
Just remind us which airport are you due back in, so we can work out where your flight will be diverted to. Hehe
22/01/2013 at 01:40
Simon- meant to be landing in Heathrow on Thursday but to be perfectly honest if the flight is cancelled and I'm stuck in Vancouver for another day or two I won't be too upset! Not sure how I feel about being diverted somewhere random though...
22/01/2013 at 06:55

It'll all be gone by Thursday Brolish

22/01/2013 at 06:58
Bro - glad you got back safely.

Ditched my mile reps last night because I was too tired. So up at 4:45 to do them this morning on the DM. Why to I find it so hard? I can run faster outside but it always feels like I'm working much harder on the TM then afterwards I feel like I've done nothing.
22/01/2013 at 08:08

More snow here last night, not a lot but on top of the ice enough to make for an interesting journey to work.  Luckily it made running much easier, although I don't suppose that will be the case on the way home.  I hadn't really planned on a double today though   My poor bike will think it has been abandoned................

22/01/2013 at 09:01

ST - blimey, that's impressive, really well done!

Carrot - congratulations on your 2nd lady, very impressive!

AA - well done on losing your 50M virginity. I'm still trying to lose that cherry, so to speak...

Freemers - muchos kudos for a 20M TM run

2old - glad you had a decent holiday and made it back in one piece

Brol - you are mad, but glad you made it back ok!

Minni - don't beat yourself up about it. The intervals are in the bank, and it is always way more difficult to do them at silly o'clock than in the evening.

O4S
- I benefited from the top up of snow on Sunday, it's quite nice when it's like that.

I changed my normal route from 7M down to 5M this morning as was not nice at all running on treacherous pavements into work. Had a very heavy bag on too, which made balancing quite tricky. Definitely the least enjoyable run since I've been back, but as I was inclined to stop and get the bus at more than one point, it's definitely time in the bank.

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 09:02
22/01/2013 at 09:10
Very sad morning. Not long after I finished my intervals Mr Minni came come from the dog walk and our puppy (although almost two) has been killed by a car. They were in the fields and she chased something and must have got disorientated in the snow and headed for the road. We are all completely devastated. I'm broken. Bastard car didn't stop.
22/01/2013 at 09:21

(((Minni))) - OMG I am so sorry to hear that. Big hugs from me.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.