RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,721 to 25,740 of 36,114 messages
21/01/2013 at 21:10

ST - nice one.

I'm hating today and going to go to bed.  Two horrendous journeys in the snow.  Fire alarm went off at work - right when it was raining ice.  More snow here tonight. Depressing. Sorry.

Carrot - someone picked up my t-shirt yesterday. 

21/01/2013 at 21:26

ST - good work!

I swam 2.5km tonight.

21/01/2013 at 22:53
ST - how'd it feel to be running at that pace again? I bet you felt good.

Minni - Can we have some of that snow you've got, it's virtually all gone on the west coast.
22/01/2013 at 00:49
Did I say something about becoming an expert in Whistler's trails? Got completely lost this morning. The trail was there one minute and the next it just ended in a pile of snow. I got to the main road with no footway to run on and a very vague idea where I was going (we're talking 6am and complete darkness). 5min of looking around and pondering what to do and I literally started to freeze... Some friendly Canadians on their way to work stopped and offered me a lift which I really couldn't refuse. My face was so frozen I struggled to explain where I was going... Lol. Lesson learnt. Still 5m logged for jantastic!
TM session tomorrow and a daytime run on Wednesday as its the last day and I get to sleep in.
Hope the snow buggers off, sounds like a bit of a nightmare back home.
22/01/2013 at 01:36
Brol - Sounds like fun, but nearly scary.
Just remind us which airport are you due back in, so we can work out where your flight will be diverted to. Hehe
22/01/2013 at 01:40
Simon- meant to be landing in Heathrow on Thursday but to be perfectly honest if the flight is cancelled and I'm stuck in Vancouver for another day or two I won't be too upset! Not sure how I feel about being diverted somewhere random though...
22/01/2013 at 06:55

It'll all be gone by Thursday Brolish

22/01/2013 at 06:58
Bro - glad you got back safely.

Ditched my mile reps last night because I was too tired. So up at 4:45 to do them this morning on the DM. Why to I find it so hard? I can run faster outside but it always feels like I'm working much harder on the TM then afterwards I feel like I've done nothing.
22/01/2013 at 08:08

More snow here last night, not a lot but on top of the ice enough to make for an interesting journey to work.  Luckily it made running much easier, although I don't suppose that will be the case on the way home.  I hadn't really planned on a double today though   My poor bike will think it has been abandoned................

22/01/2013 at 09:01

ST - blimey, that's impressive, really well done!

Carrot - congratulations on your 2nd lady, very impressive!

AA - well done on losing your 50M virginity. I'm still trying to lose that cherry, so to speak...

Freemers - muchos kudos for a 20M TM run

2old - glad you had a decent holiday and made it back in one piece

Brol - you are mad, but glad you made it back ok!

Minni - don't beat yourself up about it. The intervals are in the bank, and it is always way more difficult to do them at silly o'clock than in the evening.

O4S
- I benefited from the top up of snow on Sunday, it's quite nice when it's like that.

I changed my normal route from 7M down to 5M this morning as was not nice at all running on treacherous pavements into work. Had a very heavy bag on too, which made balancing quite tricky. Definitely the least enjoyable run since I've been back, but as I was inclined to stop and get the bus at more than one point, it's definitely time in the bank.

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 09:02
22/01/2013 at 09:10
Very sad morning. Not long after I finished my intervals Mr Minni came come from the dog walk and our puppy (although almost two) has been killed by a car. They were in the fields and she chased something and must have got disorientated in the snow and headed for the road. We are all completely devastated. I'm broken. Bastard car didn't stop.
22/01/2013 at 09:21

(((Minni))) - OMG I am so sorry to hear that. Big hugs from me.

22/01/2013 at 09:32
Oh no, sorry to hear that Minni, that's awful news
22/01/2013 at 10:47

Minni: How devastating! You must be heartbroken .

A ton of snow came down on our village overnight. Even 10 mm felt like hard hard work. I managed about 8 miles but no way I could have done strides in this. They said it's going to snow for the next 2 days . And then it's going to get cold . We have -6 at the mo - I don't need much colder than that ...

Bro: thank god you met those friendly Canadians! I could have been a bear ... or an axe murderer ...

22/01/2013 at 10:50

Minni-thats aweful-so sorry for your puppy and family. Can believe the car didnt stop..no one cares these days.

22/01/2013 at 11:14
(((((((Minni))))))) so sorry to hear about your puppy.
22/01/2013 at 12:44

Oh dear what a nightmare Minni - poor dog. Damn car driver. I also find it harder on the treadmill - not sure why. 

O4S - I'm in the same boat, was thinking about riding today but there is a lot of ice around. Might think about trying tomorrow.

Bro - that could have gone terribly wrong! Canada is a big country. Luckiliy it wasn't an evening run at least.

This snow is not shifting yet, so I will have to go back to the treadmill again tonight. Sigh. I ran much more previously on snow and ice - I even have yaktrax, but am paranoid about my achilles at the moment and don't want a slip to damage it again. It does look like it may be all gone by the weekend though, so the long run should be outdoors.

22/01/2013 at 13:09
Minni wrote (see)
Very sad morning. Not long after I finished my intervals Mr Minni came come from the dog walk and our puppy (although almost two) has been killed by a car. They were in the fields and she chased something and must have got disorientated in the snow and headed for the road. We are all completely devastated. I'm broken. Bastard car didn't stop.

That's actually brought a lump to my throat. As a dog x 2 owner myself, my heart goes out to you.

22/01/2013 at 13:28
Minni - I cried too so so sorry ((()))

My love of snow and treadmills is deteriorating rapidly.

Carrot - forgot to congratulate you on your brilliant 10k run. And your motivation.

2old - welcome home.

Good luck to anyone flying on Thursday if Bro is travelling somewhere.
22/01/2013 at 14:13

Just popping in to say Minni ((()))

Feel so sorry for you, you must be heartbroken

I haven't run for a couple of weeks, resting the injury which seems to slowly be getting better. Yet another bout of the lurgy and the snow have at least removed the temptation to get out there and I can't say I envy all you lot having to do long runs in this, or worse, on the dreadmill!

Quick read back - Carrot, well done on a great 10k!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.