RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,781 to 25,800 of 37,231 messages
24/01/2013 at 11:39

haha, O4S - love the 100 minutes of intervals

Eventually got my police report yesterday, dropped it off at the bank this morning, signed a few forms and will have to wait for a bit. They are going to try and trace the fraudulent amount but in all likelihood the money is long since in Nigeria or some other dodgy country. So it'll become an insurance claim for the bank. I will eventually get a refund, but not right away (which is a pain). Anyway, have learned my lesson and will no longer store any credit card details anywhere on the web.

Redwood wrote (see)

Chick - sorry to hear about the CC fraud. As Spoons says, some companies are very good at dealing with it though, so fingers crossed yours are. I got done once when I put my card on a bar tab after work (someone racked up £1,200 on it two days later) and I also effectively got mugged in broad daylight at Piccadilly Circus a few years back - a gang of 5 dodgy types took me to the cleaners as I was at the cashpoint (three jumped me to distract me, one nicked the card, and the other nicked the cash coming out). I'm 6ft and was amazed they'd be so brazen on a Wednesday lunchtime but I guess when there's that many of them they don't care! They ran off and rinsed my account in the 15 mins before I could cancel the card but Lloyds gave me all of it back.

KFC - not sure I could do that, I love eating!

O4S - you sound as gym-phobic as I am, very amusing!

So, I went out for a few beers last night and decided to walk through the park on the way home from the station. Not a good idea as I had my work shoes on with no grip and it was essentially a 500 metre ice rink with nothing to grab hold of. Stacked it four times, but the worst one was the last one where I smashed straight on my bad knee. It's agony this morning, but hoping it's bruising rather than any aggravation of the old injury. I imagine if anyone had seen me it would have been quite amusing, but I turned the air very blue!  If I'd have been hammered that would have been fair, but I actually wasn't in a bad state at all!

Jeez, Redders - that's well scary! Not sure I could deal with a physical assault like that! It would leave me traumatised for a while, that's for sure. Hope the knee isn't too damaged ...

Managed 6 easy ones this morning - most of the snow has turned into some slushy stuff, some bits have frozen over again, some are slippery. All in all not a very nice surface to run on but at least I ran a normal loop. Couldn't face running up and down for a mile again! Not looking forward to my 12 miler tomorrow

24/01/2013 at 12:42
2oldnever wrote (see)

how do you sing along in the water?

hadn't thought of that....

24/01/2013 at 12:54

Freemers - I take it you saw the Norwich ice video on the local news where someone was doing just that!?

Chick - bizarrely enough, I wasn't shaken up by it, more I just felt stupid that it had happened to me as I wouldn't class myself as a particularly vulnerable target. They were an organised gang of Eastern Europeans who eventually got caught having done it to loads of people. They were so organised the whole thing lasted less than 5 seconds. I felt a bit soft telling people about it as I wondered why I didn't put up a fight - I went to run after them but they all went in 5 seperate ways, and in the couple of seconds I took working out whether to go after the card, the cash or the ones who punched me they were gone! It was actually a bit like an out of body experience when you think 'did that really just happen to me'! All very surreal.

24/01/2013 at 14:03
Red- not a pleasant experience. Probably best you didn't resist or fight back
Chick- we moan about a week or two of snow you have it for months - stoic stuff
24/01/2013 at 17:33

8 miles easy done today...just logged it on Jantastic....right now we are top of the leaderboard . I also listened to a bit of MT earlier - Team Minni got a mention in the Jantastic run down

Need to start thinking about the targets and long runs to log for Febulous...deadline for entering your targets is 4 Feb.

Red - yes I saw that on the local news. Very funny!

24/01/2013 at 17:37
Free-well done getting us top. I've just done my MLR to complete 100% for this week. Lovely run outside ,now I realise how awful TM running is. 14miles at 7.27 mm . Explain how fabulous works please so I can think how to plan it around my commitments and skiing.
24/01/2013 at 18:43
O4S- lol some impressive intervals on the TM
Chick- sound like a pain with the bank. A similar thing happened to me just before Christmas, got an automated call from Barclays to check the last few 'suspicious' transactions. One of them was ??250 to Vodaphone which was definitely not mine. Not sure how they picked up on it. Must say they were very helpful, got a new card straight away and the money was paid back into my account, just needed to sign a couple of forms. Hope you get it sorted.
Red- ouch... Hope it's just a bit of bruising and not the injury.
2Old- when and where are you off skiing again?
Minni- thinking of you, hope you are feeling a bit better.
I'm back with no dramas so I think we can firmly establish that it's only unsafe to travel at the same time as me when there's a marathon involved!
Wiped out with a jet lag, trying to stay awake but I think I'm about to fail.
21m planned for tomorrow.
24/01/2013 at 18:59

Top of Jantastic already! 

Redwood - hope the knees OK after the fall

2old - the TV show wont be on for another few months - the main subjects have to be slimmed first! 

Spoons - I'll find out what music player OH has, he likes his.

4k swim for me today.  Snow all gone now.

Great oz open scheduling for tomorrow - Andy and Fed on for breakfast.  Looking forward to a good smackdown, heres hoping the boy takes him down for the first time in a slam!

24/01/2013 at 19:02

2old - for febulous you have to say how many runs you will do each week (same as jantastic), plus say how long your long run will be each week.  Pretty simple really!

24/01/2013 at 20:01
KFC - I'm in the Fed camp, it would be great if he could get to 20 slams. Murray's got plenty of time to win another, well at least til Rafa comes back. Hehe

Well done everyone on getting to top team already. I'm very jealous with all your great msr's and lsr's. Unfortunately my heel still hurts, so another week of 3x 1milers just for Jantastic is all I'm going to do, just to be safe.
But it's nearly 1 month written off of mara training, which isn't a great start, but better to try and sort it now, rather than continue injured.
24/01/2013 at 20:49

kfc -  I'm in the Fed camp, don't really like tennis but I really don't like Murray.

Simon -  Wise decision, any definate prognosis on your heal?

Speaking of feet my domestic chores have increased as OH is laid up for  a few weeks, had a bunion removed  and three toes broken/pinned yesterday.

Brol -  Welcome back, nice short run to start off with then

24/01/2013 at 20:51

KFC - did you say 4km swim? That's a long swim....

My session tonight was 4x400s at 5km pace. Then 2 mile rep at MP. Then 2 mile rep at 10 mile pace. My 10 mile pace was the same pace as my MP

But - pleased to be getting back into it. I have a lot of work to do though. Lots of foam rollering and stretching too. 

24/01/2013 at 21:04

Just logged my 3rd run on Jantastic. That's the most runs in a week I've done all year!

Controversial question : is Marathon Talk getting a bit dull? I've listened to it since the start. It seems to get longer every week. I think it would be better if it was only an hour long.

24/01/2013 at 21:13
I'm not a great Fed fan so I say, come on Andy.

Spoons - nice to see you back in the game.

I've just logged by 6th run if the week and I took Monday off! Top of they list team, top of the list.

I usually just listen to MT during marathon training. I need to listen to the Tomlinson interview but I'm not in the best frame of mind at the moment.
24/01/2013 at 22:04

Woah woah woah!  simon, barry - what craziness are you talking!!??   At least we have some tennis sanity from minni!   Fed may be lovely to watch, but I have to suppress the urge to hit him...

Spoons - OH has the nu dolphin touch and it does the job, he got it for 2nd hand for about £30 from ebay.  Yep, 4k - maxing out the cross training 

24/01/2013 at 22:14
I've just remembered that DD is running a marathon tomorrow (or it might be today in DD world). We've not had a tapir pic for him. DD - good luck!
24/01/2013 at 22:20
Go DD!
24/01/2013 at 22:20

Speed work again tonight - but back in the real world of freezing fingers and potentially icy roads.  Planned to do 8 x 800m reps, but stopped aftrer 6 as my left quad was very sore.  Don't think I'm ready for back to back speed sessions - and probably never will be

Good Luck DD!!

Barry: let me know how OH gets on, I have two huge bunions which makes buying shoes a nightmare and can be pretty painful on long runs.  Keep thinking about having them removed but worry about how long the recovery is and whether it will affect my running.

24/01/2013 at 22:35
Good luck DD. set the standard for us all this year. It's going to be a gold standard!
Minni - 6 runs already,that means a double double. Leading from the front once again and in style
Tennis- how come a Swiss guy isn't skiing? What a waste playing at this time of the year.
Simon- doing it for the team , what more can we ask? Any timescale for recovery?
KFC- 4k swim?? More swimming craziness. Must have come out of the water looking like a prune
O4S- all this speed work is very concerning. You'll need to buy sunglasses to avoid blinding from the bling you are going to sweep up this year
Bro- Flaine at half term. I've held back from also going at Easter as my other obsession has to be given precedence . Glad you got back without a hitch. Enjoy your 21 miler
Very pleased with my daughters Paris marathon training- her first- LR up to 12 miles and running consistently. She won't accept any advice from me ....so that's normal for her. Only problem is I will have to go to Paris a couple of weeks before VLM to watch her. Maybe I can do the LR due there?
25/01/2013 at 00:14
Good luck DD.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.