RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,781 to 25,800 of 36,966 messages
23/01/2013 at 20:11
To be honest I think mummy dog is not too bothered Chick. The puppy ruled the house and she never got any peace. Also she was allowed to sleep
in our bedroom last night!

12m tonight and 3 this morning gives 15 for the day and 4th Jantastic run logged.
23/01/2013 at 20:36

Only ran part way back from work [3 miles] and then got a lift, so when Mr O4S suggested going to the gym [he is worried about breaking something on the ice since he was told he has osteoporosis] I reluctantly agreed to tag along.

BIG mistake........

Note to self - do not ever get on a TM without finding out exactly how it works   After a bit of a warm-up [I'm bored now!!] decided to do an interval session so thought I had set up 400m intervals with appropriate rest.  Planned to do 10 and a cool down if I could stand the tedium [remember I have no music and can't see the TV as TMs right at the back of the gym].  Imagine my horror when the intervals just kept coming - it turned out I had set not 10 intervals but 100 mins of intervals....

My eyes were bulging out of my head so I hit the stop button, only when I hit 'Quickstart' to have a cool down it immediately ramped back up to full interval speed.  Nearly threw up .  Eventually just hit Stop and legged it - saw large overweight bloke get on, hit quickstart and very quickly was ramped up to 7.30mm.  You should have seen his face.............

23/01/2013 at 20:40
Lol O4S! You always make me laugh.
23/01/2013 at 21:20

The joys of the treadmill eh O4S?

Ant - you're only supposed to use each machine for a maximum of 10 minutes at 'busy times'. I usually go off the rule that as long as one treadmill is free at any point during my run then it's not busy.  Most people in the gym only spend 5-10 minutes on the treadmill anyway so there's always going to be one free elsewhere!  To be honest they'd have to physically remove me, think one gym instructor on each arm and my legs still running as they lift me off

Hope you can get it all sorted out Chick, what a load of hassle   I was just moaning last week that I'd had to ring my bank to ask them if I could be allowed to pay for my car insurance using my card - the payment was blocked as it looked suspicious.  Creative way of getting your 11 done which must surely be the equivalent of a boring TM session?!

Daren - so only 1:35 half marathons in training when you start running again then?

Redwood look at Freemers and how well she has come back.  It takes time and patience but it will come back, have faith.

Speedy 1200s AA! 

6 miles done tonight slipping and sliding in the white stuff.  Steady run scheduled tomorrow so it'll be a return to the treadmill

23/01/2013 at 21:24

O4S - wish I saw that

Chick - I've had credit card fraud twice. Once through iTunes. I got about 150 in app purchases all between £15 and £30 over a weekend. iTunes refunded immediately. Barclaycard also cancelled them immediately. The other time I got charged for something years ago. I told Barclaycard and again they cancelled it straight away. Both companies were a pleasure to deal with to be honest and didn't muck about at all.

I ran 6 miles tonight, off road, with the head torch, through the now starting to melt snow.

23/01/2013 at 23:58

2old - I dont really get bored when swimming - think I got conditioned to ploughing up and down for hours at a time when I was younger (and faster...).  OH has a goggle attached music player - I disapprove 

Weeble - I'm sure we'll find we're swimming in the same place at the same time one of these days - after the event!

Some nice speedwork being done on the treadies - O4S, how many intervals did you do before you realised you'd set such a monster session?

Ant - nice to see you getting speedy again

Chick - that sounds like a motivationally challenging run...  Hope the ccard gets sorted quick.

Spend today being starved in the name of science...  Was filming for a programme looking at slow and fast release carbs - I ended up in the refined carb group and had a paltry amount of food to fuel working a day shifting muck on a farm.  My runners metabolism worked against me - the tests showed I was the hungriest of the group by far...

Found a treadmill for my tempo run - 9M with 5 @ 7.24.  2 dinners later and I'm still hungry!

24/01/2013 at 06:50

KFC - I've been thinking about an underwater MP3. I saw someone with one the other day.... 

24/01/2013 at 08:52

Chick - sorry to hear about the CC fraud. As Spoons says, some companies are very good at dealing with it though, so fingers crossed yours are. I got done once when I put my card on a bar tab after work (someone racked up £1,200 on it two days later) and I also effectively got mugged in broad daylight at Piccadilly Circus a few years back - a gang of 5 dodgy types took me to the cleaners as I was at the cashpoint (three jumped me to distract me, one nicked the card, and the other nicked the cash coming out). I'm 6ft and was amazed they'd be so brazen on a Wednesday lunchtime but I guess when there's that many of them they don't care! They ran off and rinsed my account in the 15 mins before I could cancel the card but Lloyds gave me all of it back.

KFC - not sure I could do that, I love eating!

O4S - you sound as gym-phobic as I am, very amusing!

So, I went out for a few beers last night and decided to walk through the park on the way home from the station. Not a good idea as I had my work shoes on with no grip and it was essentially a 500 metre ice rink with nothing to grab hold of. Stacked it four times, but the worst one was the last one where I smashed straight on my bad knee. It's agony this morning, but hoping it's bruising rather than any aggravation of the old injury. I imagine if anyone had seen me it would have been quite amusing, but I turned the air very blue!  If I'd have been hammered that would have been fair, but I actually wasn't in a bad state at all!

24/01/2013 at 09:47
Redders - that does sound apquite funny! Hope there isn't a damage though cos that's not funny...

Chick - that's not nice either

Another 7 done on the tready @11.4 pace. Logged on to Janny - we're 4th whoop whoop
24/01/2013 at 09:59

AA,kfc,O4S-nice TM sessions, especially O4S who is evidence that TMs arent always the safe option. I often end up looking very uncool in gyms with unfamiliar TMs-not that I look cool anyway

kfc-tell us when your on TV-shows how training separates us from normal humanity

Red-hope the knee is ok after your skating slip and you are evidence that maybe the TM is safer at the moment

Carrot -brave running outside

Minni-great running yesterday whilst your head was in a different place.

Spoons- I cant multi task-if I listen to a MP3 swimming I'd drown-any way how do you sing along in the water?

Jantastic looking good-4th. Im at 3 out of 4-no pressure.

6.5 on the TM last night-felt tired after the swim. Supposed to be a MLR sometime today but not sure its going to happen. Safe running all today

24/01/2013 at 10:30

Red - you'll probably find someone was secretly filming you struggling through the park and it'll turn up on You've Been Framed

O4S - love the TM tales

kfc - I couldn't do that in the name of science or anything!

Chick - nightmare with the credit card. Thankfully it's never happened to me....but you did make me go and check my account when I read what happened to you! I'm with Barclaycard and I have to say they are pretty hot at checking "suspicious" transactions (which never actually are but it's good to know they are  on the case). They also called me to say they had stopped my card once when they found out someone had hacked into an online store's database and knew I had shopped there a few times so might be at risk. Sent me a new card right away. So can't fault them.

I turned my easy run yesterday into intervals, as I didn't have time for a very long session. Just did 5 times 1km with 200m recoveries. Means I can do the easy run today instead - I am working at home so can get away with being out for a bit longer

24/01/2013 at 10:47

O4S -  I'm impressed,  intervals for the ultra runner.

Red  - How many is a "few" beers? Hope the knee's not too bad.

Treadmill tempo this morning, 1 mile wu then just over 4 at 6:37 pace, 1 mile WD. 

24/01/2013 at 11:39

haha, O4S - love the 100 minutes of intervals

Eventually got my police report yesterday, dropped it off at the bank this morning, signed a few forms and will have to wait for a bit. They are going to try and trace the fraudulent amount but in all likelihood the money is long since in Nigeria or some other dodgy country. So it'll become an insurance claim for the bank. I will eventually get a refund, but not right away (which is a pain). Anyway, have learned my lesson and will no longer store any credit card details anywhere on the web.

Redwood wrote (see)

Chick - sorry to hear about the CC fraud. As Spoons says, some companies are very good at dealing with it though, so fingers crossed yours are. I got done once when I put my card on a bar tab after work (someone racked up £1,200 on it two days later) and I also effectively got mugged in broad daylight at Piccadilly Circus a few years back - a gang of 5 dodgy types took me to the cleaners as I was at the cashpoint (three jumped me to distract me, one nicked the card, and the other nicked the cash coming out). I'm 6ft and was amazed they'd be so brazen on a Wednesday lunchtime but I guess when there's that many of them they don't care! They ran off and rinsed my account in the 15 mins before I could cancel the card but Lloyds gave me all of it back.

KFC - not sure I could do that, I love eating!

O4S - you sound as gym-phobic as I am, very amusing!

So, I went out for a few beers last night and decided to walk through the park on the way home from the station. Not a good idea as I had my work shoes on with no grip and it was essentially a 500 metre ice rink with nothing to grab hold of. Stacked it four times, but the worst one was the last one where I smashed straight on my bad knee. It's agony this morning, but hoping it's bruising rather than any aggravation of the old injury. I imagine if anyone had seen me it would have been quite amusing, but I turned the air very blue!  If I'd have been hammered that would have been fair, but I actually wasn't in a bad state at all!

Jeez, Redders - that's well scary! Not sure I could deal with a physical assault like that! It would leave me traumatised for a while, that's for sure. Hope the knee isn't too damaged ...

Managed 6 easy ones this morning - most of the snow has turned into some slushy stuff, some bits have frozen over again, some are slippery. All in all not a very nice surface to run on but at least I ran a normal loop. Couldn't face running up and down for a mile again! Not looking forward to my 12 miler tomorrow

24/01/2013 at 12:42
2oldnever wrote (see)

how do you sing along in the water?

hadn't thought of that....

24/01/2013 at 12:54

Freemers - I take it you saw the Norwich ice video on the local news where someone was doing just that!?

Chick - bizarrely enough, I wasn't shaken up by it, more I just felt stupid that it had happened to me as I wouldn't class myself as a particularly vulnerable target. They were an organised gang of Eastern Europeans who eventually got caught having done it to loads of people. They were so organised the whole thing lasted less than 5 seconds. I felt a bit soft telling people about it as I wondered why I didn't put up a fight - I went to run after them but they all went in 5 seperate ways, and in the couple of seconds I took working out whether to go after the card, the cash or the ones who punched me they were gone! It was actually a bit like an out of body experience when you think 'did that really just happen to me'! All very surreal.

24/01/2013 at 14:03
Red- not a pleasant experience. Probably best you didn't resist or fight back
Chick- we moan about a week or two of snow you have it for months - stoic stuff
24/01/2013 at 17:33

8 miles easy done today...just logged it on Jantastic....right now we are top of the leaderboard . I also listened to a bit of MT earlier - Team Minni got a mention in the Jantastic run down

Need to start thinking about the targets and long runs to log for Febulous...deadline for entering your targets is 4 Feb.

Red - yes I saw that on the local news. Very funny!

24/01/2013 at 17:37
Free-well done getting us top. I've just done my MLR to complete 100% for this week. Lovely run outside ,now I realise how awful TM running is. 14miles at 7.27 mm . Explain how fabulous works please so I can think how to plan it around my commitments and skiing.
24/01/2013 at 18:43
O4S- lol some impressive intervals on the TM
Chick- sound like a pain with the bank. A similar thing happened to me just before Christmas, got an automated call from Barclays to check the last few 'suspicious' transactions. One of them was ??250 to Vodaphone which was definitely not mine. Not sure how they picked up on it. Must say they were very helpful, got a new card straight away and the money was paid back into my account, just needed to sign a couple of forms. Hope you get it sorted.
Red- ouch... Hope it's just a bit of bruising and not the injury.
2Old- when and where are you off skiing again?
Minni- thinking of you, hope you are feeling a bit better.
I'm back with no dramas so I think we can firmly establish that it's only unsafe to travel at the same time as me when there's a marathon involved!
Wiped out with a jet lag, trying to stay awake but I think I'm about to fail.
21m planned for tomorrow.
24/01/2013 at 18:59

Top of Jantastic already! 

Redwood - hope the knees OK after the fall

2old - the TV show wont be on for another few months - the main subjects have to be slimmed first! 

Spoons - I'll find out what music player OH has, he likes his.

4k swim for me today.  Snow all gone now.

Great oz open scheduling for tomorrow - Andy and Fed on for breakfast.  Looking forward to a good smackdown, heres hoping the boy takes him down for the first time in a slam!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.