RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,801 to 25,820 of 36,987 messages
24/01/2013 at 19:02

2old - for febulous you have to say how many runs you will do each week (same as jantastic), plus say how long your long run will be each week.  Pretty simple really!

24/01/2013 at 20:01
KFC - I'm in the Fed camp, it would be great if he could get to 20 slams. Murray's got plenty of time to win another, well at least til Rafa comes back. Hehe

Well done everyone on getting to top team already. I'm very jealous with all your great msr's and lsr's. Unfortunately my heel still hurts, so another week of 3x 1milers just for Jantastic is all I'm going to do, just to be safe.
But it's nearly 1 month written off of mara training, which isn't a great start, but better to try and sort it now, rather than continue injured.
24/01/2013 at 20:49

kfc -  I'm in the Fed camp, don't really like tennis but I really don't like Murray.

Simon -  Wise decision, any definate prognosis on your heal?

Speaking of feet my domestic chores have increased as OH is laid up for  a few weeks, had a bunion removed  and three toes broken/pinned yesterday.

Brol -  Welcome back, nice short run to start off with then

24/01/2013 at 20:51

KFC - did you say 4km swim? That's a long swim....

My session tonight was 4x400s at 5km pace. Then 2 mile rep at MP. Then 2 mile rep at 10 mile pace. My 10 mile pace was the same pace as my MP

But - pleased to be getting back into it. I have a lot of work to do though. Lots of foam rollering and stretching too. 

24/01/2013 at 21:04

Just logged my 3rd run on Jantastic. That's the most runs in a week I've done all year!

Controversial question : is Marathon Talk getting a bit dull? I've listened to it since the start. It seems to get longer every week. I think it would be better if it was only an hour long.

24/01/2013 at 21:13
I'm not a great Fed fan so I say, come on Andy.

Spoons - nice to see you back in the game.

I've just logged by 6th run if the week and I took Monday off! Top of they list team, top of the list.

I usually just listen to MT during marathon training. I need to listen to the Tomlinson interview but I'm not in the best frame of mind at the moment.
24/01/2013 at 22:04

Woah woah woah!  simon, barry - what craziness are you talking!!??   At least we have some tennis sanity from minni!   Fed may be lovely to watch, but I have to suppress the urge to hit him...

Spoons - OH has the nu dolphin touch and it does the job, he got it for 2nd hand for about £30 from ebay.  Yep, 4k - maxing out the cross training 

24/01/2013 at 22:14
I've just remembered that DD is running a marathon tomorrow (or it might be today in DD world). We've not had a tapir pic for him. DD - good luck!
24/01/2013 at 22:20
Go DD!
24/01/2013 at 22:20

Speed work again tonight - but back in the real world of freezing fingers and potentially icy roads.  Planned to do 8 x 800m reps, but stopped aftrer 6 as my left quad was very sore.  Don't think I'm ready for back to back speed sessions - and probably never will be

Good Luck DD!!

Barry: let me know how OH gets on, I have two huge bunions which makes buying shoes a nightmare and can be pretty painful on long runs.  Keep thinking about having them removed but worry about how long the recovery is and whether it will affect my running.

24/01/2013 at 22:35
Good luck DD. set the standard for us all this year. It's going to be a gold standard!
Minni - 6 runs already,that means a double double. Leading from the front once again and in style
Tennis- how come a Swiss guy isn't skiing? What a waste playing at this time of the year.
Simon- doing it for the team , what more can we ask? Any timescale for recovery?
KFC- 4k swim?? More swimming craziness. Must have come out of the water looking like a prune
O4S- all this speed work is very concerning. You'll need to buy sunglasses to avoid blinding from the bling you are going to sweep up this year
Bro- Flaine at half term. I've held back from also going at Easter as my other obsession has to be given precedence . Glad you got back without a hitch. Enjoy your 21 miler
Very pleased with my daughters Paris marathon training- her first- LR up to 12 miles and running consistently. She won't accept any advice from me ....so that's normal for her. Only problem is I will have to go to Paris a couple of weeks before VLM to watch her. Maybe I can do the LR due there?
25/01/2013 at 00:14
Good luck DD.
25/01/2013 at 07:05

Go DD

25/01/2013 at 07:15

Good luck DD.

Minni how have you done 7 runs already?

Joining a gym later. I hate gyms but I need to up the cross training.

I just dip into MT now, there are only so many ways you can debate tapers and the merits of 20 milers, but I like the news and interviews.

Edited: 25/01/2013 at 07:15
25/01/2013 at 07:39
Good luck DD.

Do we know if he made it back from skiing unscathed??

Bro - you must be totally acclimatised for your 21 miler!

Sheet ice still here...not sure I can face another long one on the tready might wait til Sunday when it's supposed to be a barmy 7degrees
25/01/2013 at 07:54
Good luck DD!
25/01/2013 at 08:26

I like Fed but am warming more to Murray and want him to win today.   Mind you I think Novak will beat them in the final anyway - that man is a monster!

Go DD

On MT, I tend to tune out when they do the training talk session. I like the banter between the two of them sometimes, Tony's Trials is pretty funny most of the time. On the interviews I generally get a feeling quite early on as to whether I'm going to like it or not so will sometimes listen, sometimes not.

AA - I think I'd wait till Sunday   I have a tempo scheduled today, still undecided whether to do it outside or on the TM.

25/01/2013 at 08:45
Weeble - doubles on Tue, Wed and Thur and one this morning.
25/01/2013 at 09:04
Redders: it sounds like something from a Tarantino movie ... 

DD: I reckon you are finshed by now! Hope you had a GREAT one. You certainly deserve it after all the hard work.

Bro: glad to hear you got back without major hickups!  
Freemers wrote (see)

8 miles easy done today...just logged it on Jantastic....right now we are top of the leaderboard . I also listened to a bit of MT earlier - Team Minni got a mention in the Jantastic run down

Need to start thinking about the targets and long runs to log for Febulous...deadline for entering your targets is 4 Feb.

Red - yes I saw that on the local news. Very funny!

Freemers: thanks for the reminder. Just logged my Febulous targets. Great stuff about the mention on MT (listened to it on my MLR this morning) AND being on top of the leaderboard

Spoons. wrote (see)

Just logged my 3rd run on Jantastic. That's the most runs in a week I've done all year!

Controversial question : is Marathon Talk getting a bit dull? I've listened to it since the start. It seems to get longer every week. I think it would be better if it was only an hour long.

I love MT. I can zone out when I do my MLRs (they usually take around 1:40 which is more or less the length of an MT episode). If I'm not marathon training I like to listen to it in the car. Tony's trials is great, unless he sings ... then I have to hit fast forward! Some interviews are dull but then there are rare gems like Mike Tomlinson. Still getting goosebumps just thinking about it. When I was ill last week I thought: hell, that's how Jane must have felt all the time, especially after Chemo! And all I managed one paltry mile . Goes to show just how amazing she was.

12 miles d&d, av. page 8:22. Ran on the road as I couldn't face sliding around the pavement. At 4:30 there's little traffic but it got more towards the end, so there was a bit of hopping on and off the pavement.

I have a 10k scheduled on Sunday . Really don't fancy it. I think I'm better off doing the long run with 8 @ MP that I should have done last week. I think I'll use the 10k in the middle for some MP miles and probably tag some more on.

25/01/2013 at 09:14

What is MT??  I guess just a load of people talking about marathons - like this forum with added sound???

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.