RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,921 to 25,940 of 36,985 messages
28/01/2013 at 16:15

Barry-it felt like it- Did I read that you are doing Abingdon? Is it open for registration yet? Am I too late? Not sure what to do in the Autumn but if I dont sign up I wont have any options anyway. Good running in the ice-when will this crappy weather end?Anyway just think how easy those LRs will be when it does.

Simon-not sure Chelsea want that many

Minni-just seen your photos-bleak and isolated but beautiful country and beach. Think youll need to practise running in busy streets to avoid being overwhelmed by the people at VLM

28/01/2013 at 17:26

Minni - Thanks for the good advice re training to current fitness levels (i'm a bit crap at reading this forum back as it moves soooo fast!) Day off today but tomorrow is LT day i think, so will put it into practice.

Team Minni pb sheet duly updated.

Don't get me started on football... . Chelsea fan for 36 years (my dad took me to the benches at the Bridge against West Ham and couldn't understand why a 6 year old was scared as various punch-ups ensued... he's since done the same with Master Oompa, but without the aggro!), but i'm actually beginning to miss the old days when we were shit, and didn't have an ego-maniac owner (Batesy excepted) who continually meddled with his latest toy!!! 

28/01/2013 at 17:34
Spoons. wrote (see)

I had no idea there was so much to hedgerows. Fascinating what you learn on the Internet!

And what a fab way to spend the weekend - am very proud of my freshly laid hedge. 

Nole and Andy had a great match, love watching those guys play.  Can't grudge Djoc the win - roll on the next match.

Minni - sounds like a great snowy 21M, good 20+ milers banked Zuvai, 2old

O4S - your energy crash sounds similar to how I felt with anaemia - do you know what your iron levels are like?  Have you heard anything back from your tests yet?

Speedy 5M Barry

Great that you've been banking consistent weeks Scuba - must feel good

Chick - shame the race got canned, wanted to see how speedy you are!

becs - positive news from the physio

AA - nice 800's

FRC - exciting race this coming weekend - have you done anything that long before? 

Minni - my training paces for speed and tempo are based on my 5k time, I'm basing MP on 3:30 pace right now as thats what I'm chasing.  Closer to VLM I'll refine my target time based on HM performance

Speedwork today as the track has thawed - 5x1000m session, target 3.59 per rep.  Clocked 3.57, 3.59, 4.02, 4.01, 4.04.  Progression was the wrong way  - must hurt myself more next time!  I've a long term goal of a sub 20 5k - can't even do that with 400m rests right now! 

Did 10M in total with wu and cd - as I'm only running 3 times a week I'm trying to make all my runs up to at least 10M now to get me used to running further.

Heading to Canada tomorrow for 3 weeks ski touring - I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get my runs in, or how I'm going to log them while I'm camping out, but I'm going to damn well make sure I do somehow for Jantastic! 

28/01/2013 at 17:48

On the offchance this interests any of you, applications for Glasgow 2014 commonwealth games volunteers (like being a London 2012 Gamesmaker) are open right now - you can apply up until the end of feb.  They are asking for a committment of at least 8 days, you'll need to attend interview and training and have your own accommodation. 

More info here if you are interested: http://volunteering.glasgow2014.com/ 

28/01/2013 at 17:53
KFC - hope you have fun in Canada. And yes, make sure you get those runs logged!! Are you using the Northumberland half as your marker or do you have another one?
28/01/2013 at 18:37

Not sure yet - I'm thinking of pacing my friend to her first sub 2 at Northumberland and racing Alloa a week later, but havent entered Alloa yet.  I'm also thinking about cycling to both from London, going to think more about all of that when I'm back from Canada! 

28/01/2013 at 19:45
You're thinking about cycling from London to Newcastle and back, then up to Alloa and back, with only a week apart? How long would each journey take you? Crazeeee!
28/01/2013 at 20:13

Haha - not crazy enough to go back to London, I'd just keep drifting north.  Depending on my route, where I stop, how much beer my hosts feed me, and when I get my jantastic runs in ; I reckon it'll be about 4/5 days to newcastle then 3 to central scotland.  Good f*rman cross training I reckon!

28/01/2013 at 20:29

2old -   No Abingdon for me this year, I am doing Berlin, but I have done Abo for the last four years and recommend it. apart from being close to me it is a really well organised race with a flat course.   Entry opens 1 Feb, get in quick to avoid disappointment.

Kfc  -   Nothing wrong with those 1k reps.

Edited: 28/01/2013 at 20:31
28/01/2013 at 21:54
Redders, what the physio said made sense and I feel better for having something to do other than rest, so at this stage I think that's about as much as I can ask for. Time will show the rest.

Freemers, hope the flight isn't too bad and you get some time to enjoy Chicago.

KFC, enjoy Canada.
28/01/2013 at 22:12

Evening - easy run for me tonight. 

KFC - have fun in Canada. Are you cycling there?

29/01/2013 at 00:22

Nah spoons, swimming...

Dubai Dave    pirate
29/01/2013 at 04:55

Morning: 

kfc: Enjoy the swim, are you sure your not O4S's daughter?

Freemers: Return well from Chicago!

Oompa: I first went to Stamford Bridge in 1967! Went back for the first time in 10 years or so last season, its changed a bit and is certainly more expensive. I too prefered it when we were shite. My kids are avid Chelsea fans too, the 4th generation! 

Abingdon: Hmmm thinking about it. a bit easier to get to than the wilds of Wooler.

Ran a gentle 3 miles last night which wasn't very pleasant so cycled pre dawn, will swim at lunch. Still have DOMS but feel 98% health wise, hurrah

Dubai Dave    pirate
29/01/2013 at 04:58

Near the end last Friday in full shuffle survival mode!

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/734690_10151407305236539_1302992597_n.jpg

29/01/2013 at 06:37

(((DD))) I feel your pain.  Hope you're feeling better now.

29/01/2013 at 06:39

The snow has almost gone and its MILD, yes MILD here.   Very windy though.   But MILD.

29/01/2013 at 07:01

That's what I look like in marathon photos. The shuffle of death. 

29/01/2013 at 07:42
DD - nice tan

KFC - enjoy the Atlantic!

Freemers - hope you landed ok and are feeling better

My calfs ache today...what's that about?! (Angry face!)
29/01/2013 at 08:13

KFC: Have a great time - there is some superb cycling between Berwick and Alloa, highly recommended. [To be fair I have no idea where Alloa is, but I am assuming it is north of the border .  My tests showed several things close to upper or lower limit of normal, but nothing that points to a particular problem.  They are going to re-test blood viscosity which was high - as Mr O4S put it 'Always said you were a bit thick'.  But as I would say 'The only evidence pointing to that is the fact I married you!'  What you footie fans might call a score draw

Tempo run in a howling gale last night with the club - tucked myself in near the back behind all the tall folks.  Very sore left hamstring and tight behind the left knee, I'm falling apart

Floods and gales predicted for today........................

DD:  you look much the same as i do at the start of a race

29/01/2013 at 08:38

Enjoy Canada KFC - I'm sure you'll get your runs in or Minni will hire someone to track you down.

You're upright DD, which is a bonus

Oompa / DD - I support Bristol City and we are shit! Quite enjoyably shit, though. Am quite looking forward to League 1 next year in a perverse sort of way - just turn up, easy to get a beer before the game etc. Far less hassle. 2Old/Simon, I saw it was 19 years ago last week the one time we weren't shit, when I enjoyed my best night out, watching us win 1-0 at Anfield. We did rid you of Souness though...

AA - snap, my calves are killing me too. So much I've had to bin today's running so my down week is going to be positively vertical. Think running through treacle on Sunday took a bit more out of me than I realised.

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 08:39
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.