RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,921 to 25,940 of 37,230 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
29/01/2013 at 04:55

Morning: 

kfc: Enjoy the swim, are you sure your not O4S's daughter?

Freemers: Return well from Chicago!

Oompa: I first went to Stamford Bridge in 1967! Went back for the first time in 10 years or so last season, its changed a bit and is certainly more expensive. I too prefered it when we were shite. My kids are avid Chelsea fans too, the 4th generation! 

Abingdon: Hmmm thinking about it. a bit easier to get to than the wilds of Wooler.

Ran a gentle 3 miles last night which wasn't very pleasant so cycled pre dawn, will swim at lunch. Still have DOMS but feel 98% health wise, hurrah

Dubai Dave    pirate
29/01/2013 at 04:58

Near the end last Friday in full shuffle survival mode!

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/734690_10151407305236539_1302992597_n.jpg

29/01/2013 at 06:37

(((DD))) I feel your pain.  Hope you're feeling better now.

29/01/2013 at 06:39

The snow has almost gone and its MILD, yes MILD here.   Very windy though.   But MILD.

29/01/2013 at 07:01

That's what I look like in marathon photos. The shuffle of death. 

29/01/2013 at 07:42
DD - nice tan

KFC - enjoy the Atlantic!

Freemers - hope you landed ok and are feeling better

My calfs ache today...what's that about?! (Angry face!)
29/01/2013 at 08:13

KFC: Have a great time - there is some superb cycling between Berwick and Alloa, highly recommended. [To be fair I have no idea where Alloa is, but I am assuming it is north of the border .  My tests showed several things close to upper or lower limit of normal, but nothing that points to a particular problem.  They are going to re-test blood viscosity which was high - as Mr O4S put it 'Always said you were a bit thick'.  But as I would say 'The only evidence pointing to that is the fact I married you!'  What you footie fans might call a score draw

Tempo run in a howling gale last night with the club - tucked myself in near the back behind all the tall folks.  Very sore left hamstring and tight behind the left knee, I'm falling apart

Floods and gales predicted for today........................

DD:  you look much the same as i do at the start of a race

29/01/2013 at 08:38

Enjoy Canada KFC - I'm sure you'll get your runs in or Minni will hire someone to track you down.

You're upright DD, which is a bonus

Oompa / DD - I support Bristol City and we are shit! Quite enjoyably shit, though. Am quite looking forward to League 1 next year in a perverse sort of way - just turn up, easy to get a beer before the game etc. Far less hassle. 2Old/Simon, I saw it was 19 years ago last week the one time we weren't shit, when I enjoyed my best night out, watching us win 1-0 at Anfield. We did rid you of Souness though...

AA - snap, my calves are killing me too. So much I've had to bin today's running so my down week is going to be positively vertical. Think running through treacle on Sunday took a bit more out of me than I realised.

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 08:39
29/01/2013 at 09:22

DD- you look better than most people in the last stages of a mara.  Hope you're recovering well.

KFC and Free- safe travels. Free- hope you're feeling better today.

KFC- nice 1000s

Minni- my MP at the moment is between 7:35-7:50. I try to stick to the faster end when training but the target MP will be decided much later.

HMP intervals last night (2x 2.5m with 2min recovery).  Horrid, horrid, horrid. Howling wind and non stop rain, got completely soaked and couldn't warm up for ages afterwards. Ended up doing them @ 7:19-7:16 which considering the conditions I'll take. Was supposed to run into work this morning but failed miserably. Still not sleeping properly after Canada and knackered from last night's session. Will do the planned 5m easy during lunch for once.

Watford half this Sunday, hope the weather is a bit kinder.

29/01/2013 at 10:24

Morning all-

Minni-yes it feels like Spring today and January still has a few days to go. Forecast is rain and more rain here though.

Kfc-have fun in Canada-what does your ski touring involve sounds challenging-is it downhill or Xcountry or both? Your planned cycling sounds mad---is everyone crazy here?

Barry- thanks for the Abbo heads up

Free-enjoy Chicago a great city-even if its work

DD-good to see you on the mend , I can feel your pain from the photo..wheres the crowd to urge you on?

Red-thanks for reviving that old wound! Another game Liverpool didnt turn up to.I guess the Sunday run will have had big benefits for you as it was tougher than usual

Bro-I take at least a week to recover from West Coast jet lag though Id have thought that as you were up at silly oclock to run most days you must have been getting up near mid morning UK time anyway. Hope it passes for your HM or youll be running in a daze

It looks like  longish intervals for me today.

Dubai Dave    pirate
29/01/2013 at 10:28

2old: Crowds? In Dubai? Lucky if you get two men and a dog anywhere on the course,  this marathon is essentially run in silence! BUT its flat, its fast and I still managed to age grade below 3 hours 

29/01/2013 at 10:39

kfc: Enjoy your hols. I think those reps were great! BTW, my reps inevitably go that way ...  going sub 4 for a k is fab. Something I've never managed. You have amazing speed!

DD: Ouch! You are riding the hurt train pretty hard in that pic

AA. wrote (see)

My calfs ache today...what's that about?! (Angry face!)

yesterday's speedwork, AA! I can join you and Redders on the achy calves wagon

Did a double yesterday . Howling gales & rain were forecast for this morning so I figured I'd better get my dreaded P&D LT sesh (4 miles of it) in last night when it was only windy and not yet wet. I was suprisingly un-shit  - average 7:10s and it felt easy . No idea were that came from - wind blew from the side so it wasn't a tailwind issue. Anyway, quite happy with that run .

Another 6 for recovery this morning in the wind and rain. Too many ankle-deep puddles to dodge. So ended up with wet feet. No way I could have run quick in this!

Both runs duly logged on JanIlovemyrunningtastic.

29/01/2013 at 10:40

'---is everyone crazy here?'

YES!! 

29/01/2013 at 10:48

Chick- very nice LT run!

29/01/2013 at 13:16
2oldnever wrote (see)

is everyone crazy here?

No. but it helps !

2old, completely agree with Barry, your sub 3:10 was no fluke. Don't be shy, be confident ! More Shankly, less Rogers please

DD "Shuffle of Death" unfair to call it this... you still finished so didn't die?

KFC you will get there with the 40 min 10k,  Just need to keep doing those intervals, those plus lots of league races got me sub 40. Enjoy hols.

O4S, don't you be falling apart on us ! Brol ditto, rest if you are jet lagged. Or apply my universal cure of cake.

chic nice LT session!

The race this weekend is a 50 mile ultra, so 80k.
The ultra in October was 35 mile so this seemed next to try - and yes probably mad by 2old's comment

Legs have loosened up, phew.. think its taper madness since everything was sore, calf, knee, hamstring, quads, ITB. All of those have cleared now thankfully. Right Hamstring just a bit tight so have been dosing it with neurofen gel.

Just doing 5 miles tonight and 4-5 thursday plus some walking Friday when we get there. Don't mind if its wet and soggy, raining, all part of the mental side. See who gives up first.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
29/01/2013 at 13:20

its tapir picture time!!  and with all the flooding around i cant help thinking this one is appropriate!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/481487/gallery/tapir_0.jpg?width=350

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 13:21
29/01/2013 at 13:45
chick - thanks for making me feel good about my intervals! Nice LT back atcha - and you too bro, looks like a speedy HM coming up.

DD - oof, nice pic. In the hurt box with the man with the hammer.

O4S - I'm really looking forward to the route north of newcastle, wanted to ride that for a while.

2old - think we'll be setting up camp somewhere remote then walking up hills and skiing down them. My cousin heli-guides in the area so I'm leaving the plan to him!

Zuvai - that tapir looks, dare I say, prehensile...?

Right, best get the goose fat on and start swimming...
M.r Zuvai    pirate
29/01/2013 at 14:03
Minni wrote (see)

So which way are people choosing their training MPs?  Using current pbs to judge it or basing it on the time you want to achieve in the marathon?

OOmpa - sorry because I know I've asked you this before but I keep forgetting.  What is your marathon pb?  I've given you a column on the Team Minni PB Sheet (you can also take this as confirmation you are now a fully fledged member of the team having passed all the tests ) then I don't need to keep asking!

I used to try to train to the time I wanted to do in a race and always failed but now I train to current fitness and have achieved pbs from that.   I remember Nell saying she wanted sub 3 and just trained to those paces.  She did achieve it albeit with a bit positive split.

do you have the races sheet minni  - i've had the credit card out!

29/01/2013 at 14:21

FRC- good luck with the ultra. Sounds fab.

KFC- I like the skiing down bit, not so sure about walking up the hills... I hope there is a speedy HM coming up although I doubt it will be this one.

MrZ- very appropriate tapir.

5m easy done in lunch break- that was the first. Amazed how many people were out there running...Legs grumbled a bit to start with but much better by the end.

29/01/2013 at 14:23

Ha, love the tapir

FRC: best of luck - hope the flooding isn't going to be too bad!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.