RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,961 to 25,980 of 37,116 messages
29/01/2013 at 20:22
Lol Freemers - I was thinking might as well make it 1000m!! Queuing at 4am? Eh? Do they not need sleep in Chicago?

Yup I didn't attempt the intervals tonight. Opted for just over 9 at 8:46, on a hilly route, in the rain and wind instead. I did 3 this morning so that's 12 for the day. Intervals will be fitted in later on the week.
29/01/2013 at 21:34
Free- queuing at 4am for a treadmill? Lol. And people say I'm bonkers. Thanks to this forum I feel almost normal or at least I know my madness is shared
Minni- good call, it's not a session you want to do when you're not up for it. No crazy intervals for me this week, I've been told!
29/01/2013 at 22:09

2old: current plan is to cycle from home over the Mendips, Exmoor and Dartmoor to Plymouth.  Ferry to Roscoff and cycle to Bayonne, near the Spanish border - about 750 miles and 20,000+ ft of ascent on my current route.  Then join up with a small group of like-minded loonies to do the Pyrenean Traverse - 13 days in total with 25 cols in 9 days including all the famour Tour de Fcols - Aubisque, Aspin, Tourmalet, Peyresourde, Soulor etc etc. 

Have sold it to Mt O4S as a gentle bike ride round France, while being a bit vague on the detail

M.r Zuvai    pirate
29/01/2013 at 22:27

intervals for me this evening, in some serious weather - see if you can guess which way the wind was blowing..

2m WU , 10 * 400  , 2m CD

1:43, 1:19, 1:35, 1:18, 1:40, 1:18, 1:45, 1:20, 1:45, 1:15 

reasonably consistent in each direction and a real battle of the mind - pleased to complete that

29/01/2013 at 22:34
DD - Ouch... If you substitute the sun for horizontal rain and 50 mph wind, that's exactly how I looked towards the end of MKM last year.
If you first went to the bridge in '67, we were quite good then. However in '76 we were back to being shite! It was so bad that for some reason Mickey Droy was my favourite player!

10 from me tonight in the wind and driving rain, but I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT! 2.5 @ 8.22, 5 @ 7.10, then 2.5 @ 8.29. Hilly track so quite pleased that I've actually completed an LT run fairly comfortably.
29/01/2013 at 22:41
Yippee Oompa

Nah Zuvai I can't work out which ones were into the wind!

Sounds like another amazing trip O4S.
29/01/2013 at 22:53

Nice one Oompa

My run was rubbish. Gave up at 3.75 miles. Everything ached. Especially my glutes. I popped in to see a club mate who is a sports masseuse and he gave me a quick pummelling..

M.r Zuvai    pirate
29/01/2013 at 23:03

cracking run oompa! 

keep your head up Spoons - you're due a change in luck shortly 

i had erm, something of an accident in the CD home this evening  on the 2 miles home i passed 3 public toilets all 3 of them were locked!! 

you can call me paula 

29/01/2013 at 23:27
O4S - Forgot to ask in previous post... 80,000 ft of ascent is a long way up... Is there no descents?
30/01/2013 at 00:30
Oompa - Great sess from you, and loving the crap weather.

O4S - Doing the 9 cols in the Pyrenees on your touring bike with panniers should be fun, Not !
30/01/2013 at 08:07

25 cols Simon!  And we are only carrying panniers [I hope] for the first 750 miles to Bayonne - after that we should have a support vehicle to carry luggage, although not 100% sure about that.  Our trip back on the European Bike Express leaves us at Gravesend, so an interesting journey back to Bristol

Windy but dry this morning and it was actually starting to get light when I arrived at work on the bike - first time in ages

30/01/2013 at 09:31

O4S- sounds like an epic trip!

MrZ (Paula)- nice intervals!

Oompa- very good pace on your LT run.  Hats off, especially if you actually enjoyed it in those conditions.

I at last managed to get some proper sleep last night so hopefully the jetlag is well and truely over. 15m planned for tonight.

Dubai Dave    pirate
30/01/2013 at 09:37

O4S: Totally nuts, I reckon BA has learnt not to ask 

MrZ: Must have been windy for that sort of difference

Freemers:  0430? 

It would appear that I'm going to be back in the UK a couple of months sooner than I expected, Easter is looking likely.

1.5K swim set done, will do hill repeats on the bike tonight.

30/01/2013 at 09:41

DD - come to London and cheer us on!

30/01/2013 at 10:35

Morning all

Bit tired today but soon sparked to life by the madness here

Free-queue for a TM when theres some great runs outside in Chicago?-maybe the light weather etc were against you.Bet you upset the queue behind you for running that long.

Minni-right decison-enjoy the intervals today-did you find out why 1400s?

MrZ-we all get caught short-dont know how the city runners cope though-.The different interval paces  could be explained by exhaustion after the fast one

O4S-that looks like one huge challenge, - do a blog day by day about it. Have you ever had your heart size measured, it will be huge

DD-back on track-it'll be taper time again for you again soon-will you have a day off before the Olympc tri?

Oomph-neve been keen on Chelsea apart from their FA Cup Final Replay win against Leeds too long ago to mention. Great LT run in tough conditions

Spoons-if its only aches you'll soon recover-maybe a day off would do the trick though I know no one here will admit that rest forms part of their training schedule

Like Bro, a MLR scheduled for me today. Im looking for a long straight route in one direction where I can keep this gale on my back-it'll be a sprint

M.r Zuvai    pirate
30/01/2013 at 10:52

yip, MLR for me as well tonight - the wind looks much nicer too - 17mph rather than the 35 - 40 mph last night

Sounds like a fantastic holiday O4S 

30/01/2013 at 11:11

Alright all! Mile intervals for me last night in the wind. Gah. did around 7:05 m/m average in the interval. So speed picking up slowly. MLR back from work tonight. Am hoping the wind will be in my back.

O4S: the Pyrenees sounds fab. I guess getting there will actually benefit you cos you'll be totally bike fit and losing the panniers will help as well. Totally hardcore though.

2old - rest forms a major part of my schedule, and I'm not shy to admit it  

Freemers - queing for the treddie with pumped up sales execs at a conference before its light! Jeez 

30/01/2013 at 11:56

Spoons - That'll be your weak glutes. Hope you feel better soon.

2old - That wasn't a football match, more like full contact kick-boxing! At least there were no prima-donnas rolling around on the floor because someone has looked at them funny!!

Ant - Sounds like good intervals last night but the wind has definitely dropped today.

4 mile recovery for me this evening... Not looking forward to it! 

30/01/2013 at 12:03

Ooo - and my four weeks of non-boozing are over today. I will have a nice glass of wine with lunch today 

Chin chin

30/01/2013 at 12:11

Ant- chin chin indeed.  Very impressive!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.