RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,981 to 26,000 of 36,975 messages
29/01/2013 at 23:27
O4S - Forgot to ask in previous post... 80,000 ft of ascent is a long way up... Is there no descents?
30/01/2013 at 00:30
Oompa - Great sess from you, and loving the crap weather.

O4S - Doing the 9 cols in the Pyrenees on your touring bike with panniers should be fun, Not !
30/01/2013 at 08:07

25 cols Simon!  And we are only carrying panniers [I hope] for the first 750 miles to Bayonne - after that we should have a support vehicle to carry luggage, although not 100% sure about that.  Our trip back on the European Bike Express leaves us at Gravesend, so an interesting journey back to Bristol

Windy but dry this morning and it was actually starting to get light when I arrived at work on the bike - first time in ages

30/01/2013 at 09:31

O4S- sounds like an epic trip!

MrZ (Paula)- nice intervals!

Oompa- very good pace on your LT run.  Hats off, especially if you actually enjoyed it in those conditions.

I at last managed to get some proper sleep last night so hopefully the jetlag is well and truely over. 15m planned for tonight.

Dubai Dave    pirate
30/01/2013 at 09:37

O4S: Totally nuts, I reckon BA has learnt not to ask 

MrZ: Must have been windy for that sort of difference

Freemers:  0430? 

It would appear that I'm going to be back in the UK a couple of months sooner than I expected, Easter is looking likely.

1.5K swim set done, will do hill repeats on the bike tonight.

30/01/2013 at 09:41

DD - come to London and cheer us on!

30/01/2013 at 10:35

Morning all

Bit tired today but soon sparked to life by the madness here

Free-queue for a TM when theres some great runs outside in Chicago?-maybe the light weather etc were against you.Bet you upset the queue behind you for running that long.

Minni-right decison-enjoy the intervals today-did you find out why 1400s?

MrZ-we all get caught short-dont know how the city runners cope though-.The different interval paces  could be explained by exhaustion after the fast one

O4S-that looks like one huge challenge, - do a blog day by day about it. Have you ever had your heart size measured, it will be huge

DD-back on track-it'll be taper time again for you again soon-will you have a day off before the Olympc tri?

Oomph-neve been keen on Chelsea apart from their FA Cup Final Replay win against Leeds too long ago to mention. Great LT run in tough conditions

Spoons-if its only aches you'll soon recover-maybe a day off would do the trick though I know no one here will admit that rest forms part of their training schedule

Like Bro, a MLR scheduled for me today. Im looking for a long straight route in one direction where I can keep this gale on my back-it'll be a sprint

M.r Zuvai    pirate
30/01/2013 at 10:52

yip, MLR for me as well tonight - the wind looks much nicer too - 17mph rather than the 35 - 40 mph last night

Sounds like a fantastic holiday O4S 

30/01/2013 at 11:11

Alright all! Mile intervals for me last night in the wind. Gah. did around 7:05 m/m average in the interval. So speed picking up slowly. MLR back from work tonight. Am hoping the wind will be in my back.

O4S: the Pyrenees sounds fab. I guess getting there will actually benefit you cos you'll be totally bike fit and losing the panniers will help as well. Totally hardcore though.

2old - rest forms a major part of my schedule, and I'm not shy to admit it  

Freemers - queing for the treddie with pumped up sales execs at a conference before its light! Jeez 

30/01/2013 at 11:56

Spoons - That'll be your weak glutes. Hope you feel better soon.

2old - That wasn't a football match, more like full contact kick-boxing! At least there were no prima-donnas rolling around on the floor because someone has looked at them funny!!

Ant - Sounds like good intervals last night but the wind has definitely dropped today.

4 mile recovery for me this evening... Not looking forward to it! 

30/01/2013 at 12:03

Ooo - and my four weeks of non-boozing are over today. I will have a nice glass of wine with lunch today 

Chin chin

30/01/2013 at 12:11

Ant- chin chin indeed.  Very impressive!

30/01/2013 at 12:11

Spoons -   What on earth is going on?  Is all the core work helping or is it too early to tell?

I've not had a drink for 8 days now.   Not intended - just don't fancy it.   Pleased I opted for the longer but slower run last night since I feel a million times better today. 

30/01/2013 at 12:31

22 days off the booze  . That norovirus has a lot to answer for. I haven't fancied a drink since I got ill. And before that was clinging onto the wagon for dear life. Enjoy your vino, Ant

Well done y'all braving the elements. 12 miles for me this morning in high winds and rain but it was WARM (9 degrees). TBH, I don't really mind the wind and rain. I run much much better in this than with all the snow, ice and the minus temperatures around.

Oompa: great run

Freemers: queuing for a treadie at 4am is nuts . Must be marathon season in the States too ...

M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

intervals for me this evening, in some serious weather - see if you can guess which way the wind was blowing..

2m WU , 10 * 400  , 2m CD

1:43, 1:19, 1:35, 1:18, 1:40, 1:18, 1:45, 1:20, 1:45, 1:15 

reasonably consistent in each direction and a real battle of the mind - pleased to complete that

nice work, Mr. Z.

M.r Zuvai wrote (see)
  i had erm, something of an accident in the CD home this evening  on the 2 miles home i passed 3 public toilets all 3 of them were locked!! 

you can call me paula 

what can you do when the toilets are locked . I have no toilets on my usual route but had to use the bushes a few times in the past .

30/01/2013 at 12:42

Mr Z- think the wind is 50mph here

Ant-I rest too zzzzzzzzzzz...4 weeks ,thats good going Im up to 9days but nearly cracked last night. Nice interval pace

Chick -its warm here too 8c -good 12 miler in those conditions.

Oomph- wasnt every Leeds game like that then?. It was the long throw I remember most. Enjoy the recovery run if thats ever possible

30/01/2013 at 12:50

Chick- nice 12 miler

Does anyone know much about carbo loading? I never paid much attention to it but Ruth's advice on Ady's thread made me think that maybe it's worth looking into it a bit more for the next mara attempt.

I understand that your normal intake of carbs should be 5-7g/ kg of body weight and during the last 2-3 days it should be increased to 8-10g/ kg of body weight. Are we talking here about increasing the total number of calories or just changing the proportion of where the calories come from (more of them coming from carbs). I find it all very confusing.

30/01/2013 at 13:20
I find it confusing too Brolish but would like to know more. I remember Sarah saying that Ruth had said things like apples don't count because there's so much water in them.
30/01/2013 at 14:47

Zuvai -   Decent reps in the wind. At the least your pit stop was after the reps.

Oompa -  Good running, amazing sometimes running against the elements pisses us off other times its invigorating.

Chick -  Nice 12 miler, certainly feeling warmer out there.

Overnight double for me, just under 10 slow in the wind/rain on the way to work last night and coming home this morning in the wind(the only wet was my sweat) plan called for 1 WU 3 steady in 24 mins 3 fast in 20mins(yeah right) 1 WD.  Managed the 3 steady OK but the 3 fast were hard work in the wind and came out at 20:50.  That's me finished for Jan at 198 miles.

Edited: 30/01/2013 at 14:48
30/01/2013 at 15:26

Barry-another tough bit of running, good stuff. Those 3 were fast.All this running in wind rain snow mud and water is toughening us all up. Think how much stronger we will all be when that balmy spring arrives--if it ever does.. Not tempted to do 2 more for the month?Still another day to go

Minni-I struggle with the idea of carb loading by the gram relative to own body weight. I go on the basis that in Jan and Feb I need a bit more to eat to  deal with the weather ,increasing mileage and  intensity and then I cut down in March onwards to lose a bit of any excess weight though I might start this process a bit earlier this time around.I like my food..

30/01/2013 at 16:01

Greco di Tufo followed by Barolo this lunchtime. Now just need to get my head together for a run in a couple of hours 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.