RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,001 to 26,020 of 37,128 messages
30/01/2013 at 21:29
Bro- I guess there's a big difference between the effects of caffeine and amphetamines ...just confirms the danger of using unapproved drugs off the Internet. Very sad.
Don't worry about the running..it takes a bit to recover from everything you've done the last few weeks. Think you'll suprise yourself at the HM.
30/01/2013 at 21:54

Exciting news Red! Congratulations.  Great news on the run too.

DD - nice pain face.

Bro are you tapering for the HM? Taper madness doesn't discriminate, it can strike in the lead up to a HM.  You're probably still tired from your holiday too.   

Great photos Freemers, looks like a nice view on either day and no queuing to run there!  No need having to queue for a TM at 4:30am, bonkers.

Minni I tempo-ed outside in the wind tonight too, couldn't bear the thought of the treadmill after last weeks efforts on the damn thing.

Hows the calves today AA?

Hope the pummelling helped yesterday Spoons, not too sore after that?

30/01/2013 at 21:54

I  did a run tonight - not a recovery run, not a tempo run, not an LT run, not an MLR, not intervals, not hill reps, not a progressive run, not a pyramid run - just a run type run!  Why do I feel as if it somehow doesn't count?

Off to Belfast tomorrow, leaving the house at 5.15am and back at 11.00pm if on time.  Wearing trainers and running tights, so might try and fit something in, but probably won't have time

30/01/2013 at 22:50
Redders, congrats.

Freemers, Chicago is somewhere I could keep going back to.

O4S, another epic trip.

I love coffee but wouldn't go near amphetamines. V sad.

Mixed day for me. Managed a run though only 10 mins and knees niggling at the end. Less good was that neither my sickness or having cut down on chocolate have helped get rid of my excess winter weight. Even worse was the idiot driver who nearly knocked me off my bike. I was going straight on and lit up like a Christmas tree and he still tried to turn right into me. Grrrrr.
30/01/2013 at 23:11

Freemers - I see they've painted the yellow line in the road....

30/01/2013 at 23:37

Very sad about the inquest, but it is her boyfriend who has likened it to caffeine, whereas the report says it's more like amphetamines. I wouldn't be put off caffeinated gels because of this.

Congrats Redders!

Becs, 10 mins sounds like it should have hit a mile, so it counts for Jantastic and that's what matters.  Sorry it's been mixed though, bloody drivers at it again!

On carb loading, my understanding is that you don't increase overall calories but have to change the proportions of what you're eating. If you're really fussed about not gaining any weight this can mean foregoing butter on bread etc to ensure you get sufficient carbs in without increasing the calories. I counted the carb grams very anally for my first marathon, and as it remains my best I still think there's something in carb loading properly.

31/01/2013 at 09:50
Redwood - Congrats, you are going to be busy, for next years mara schedule!

Becs- Unfortunately like you say, even when lit up like a Christmas tree, some drivers don't give a shit, and will just turn anyway, after all it's no problem to them if they knock you off your bike!
Dubai Dave    pirate
31/01/2013 at 10:07

Redwood: Congrats

O4S: I reckon your very "economical" with the truth when telling BA about your holiday plans, were kindred spirits after all I manged to keep a IM secret for months and still maintain when the subject is raised that Outlaw is not an IM but is a race over a IM distance, its all semantics

Re the lady and Amphetamines, well you need to know what your putting into your body but I must admit I don't check re sports drinks, gels etc but would be wary with regards to something bought on the WWW.

Cycled for 90 mins this morning, racing tomorrow but race is a loose term in this event, will be taking it easy, next week I will race.

31/01/2013 at 10:24

Morning all

Minni/Carrot-well done running in such WINDY conditions but remember come VLM when the tall buildings and crowds shelter you from the wind and it will be still and calm,who will be ready to run in those conditions Anyway its too dangerous -who in their right mind runs in 65mph wind and by doing so miss the Liverpool v Arsenal game.?

Becs-why are drivers so inconsiderate? At least no harm was caused but that is why my OH bans me from excessive use of the bike

DD-Looks like youve got that marathon out of your legs.So the race tomorrow is more like a warm up for next week-good luck if we dont hear from you until after it. We expect more bling. My OH pretends she doesnt know when I am training for a race but she does know really. She's still trying to get me to give this all up for golf....wheres that rope

Weeble-my problem is that after a LR I feel I can reward myself and soon eat the 2-3000 calories burnt off.

Think I will swim lunchtime and do a recovery run tonight.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
31/01/2013 at 10:43

morning all,

i didnt get out of the office till late yesterday, then an oppurtunity came up to meet with my best friend - so i sacked off the MLR and had three pints of the black stuff and good converssation 

then this morning i got up extra early and did the 12 mile MLR this morning!  

im pretty chuft with that as in the past i would have written the session off, i hate running in the morning but i felt i showed some good mental reserve.

recovery run later.

31/01/2013 at 10:51

MrZ -thats one wayto carbo load for a MLR-nice one

31/01/2013 at 11:09

Minni/ Carrot- nice tempost against the elements.

Becs- glad you're ok. I've given up on cycling to work in London after one too many near misses. Or maybe I started running, can't remember!

My week hasn't got any better. Was supposed to run into work but woke up to something that can only be described as howling wind and pissing rain. I don't normally give up easily but just couldn't face it. By the time I left the house the sun was shining. Grrr... No I have to run in the evening which means I had to cancel my hairdresser appointment. 

31/01/2013 at 11:10

MrZ- Well done for getting the MLR done in the morning

31/01/2013 at 12:44

Well done Z.  Mental strength indeed and you'll feel great (sort of) for the rest of the day now.  Its these sessions that we would have ditched in the past that make all the difference on the start line of the marathon.

Brol - shame about missing the hairdresser. How are you feeling for the weekend?

2old - no. no. no ... don't go to golf.

31/01/2013 at 13:03

245 miles for the month.

31/01/2013 at 13:13

It looks like the TR24 is almost full, they say there are only a few places left. Any takers?

31/01/2013 at 13:16

Oh heck.  I'll see what my running club are wanting to do.  Wouldn't mind a competitive ladies team....

31/01/2013 at 13:17

Nice mileage Minni

31/01/2013 at 13:19

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

I'm just popping in before heading to Toulouse for some serious boozing. Looks like Beckham has signed for PSG so fingers crossed he'll make his debut tomorrow night and I'll get to see him play one final time.

Good luck on Sunday Bro - it might be just what you need to shake the jetlag out.

Good luck to anyone else racing too, and for all your long runs.

Au revoir! 

31/01/2013 at 14:11

Red-good rugby town-visited it to watch Sale Sharks play-great spot to watch the Six Nations this weekend with that serious boozing. Have fun

Minni-excellent months mileage, about the same total as I do a round of golf so I wont be going that way anytime soon

Bro- must be a disaster to miss the hairdresser, you'll look a mmess on the podium after the HM

2K swim done -muscles feel well and truly stretched

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.