RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,021 to 26,040 of 36,995 messages
31/01/2013 at 10:24

Morning all

Minni/Carrot-well done running in such WINDY conditions but remember come VLM when the tall buildings and crowds shelter you from the wind and it will be still and calm,who will be ready to run in those conditions Anyway its too dangerous -who in their right mind runs in 65mph wind and by doing so miss the Liverpool v Arsenal game.?

Becs-why are drivers so inconsiderate? At least no harm was caused but that is why my OH bans me from excessive use of the bike

DD-Looks like youve got that marathon out of your legs.So the race tomorrow is more like a warm up for next week-good luck if we dont hear from you until after it. We expect more bling. My OH pretends she doesnt know when I am training for a race but she does know really. She's still trying to get me to give this all up for golf....wheres that rope

Weeble-my problem is that after a LR I feel I can reward myself and soon eat the 2-3000 calories burnt off.

Think I will swim lunchtime and do a recovery run tonight.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
31/01/2013 at 10:43

morning all,

i didnt get out of the office till late yesterday, then an oppurtunity came up to meet with my best friend - so i sacked off the MLR and had three pints of the black stuff and good converssation 

then this morning i got up extra early and did the 12 mile MLR this morning!  

im pretty chuft with that as in the past i would have written the session off, i hate running in the morning but i felt i showed some good mental reserve.

recovery run later.

31/01/2013 at 10:51

MrZ -thats one wayto carbo load for a MLR-nice one

31/01/2013 at 11:09

Minni/ Carrot- nice tempost against the elements.

Becs- glad you're ok. I've given up on cycling to work in London after one too many near misses. Or maybe I started running, can't remember!

My week hasn't got any better. Was supposed to run into work but woke up to something that can only be described as howling wind and pissing rain. I don't normally give up easily but just couldn't face it. By the time I left the house the sun was shining. Grrr... No I have to run in the evening which means I had to cancel my hairdresser appointment. 

31/01/2013 at 11:10

MrZ- Well done for getting the MLR done in the morning

31/01/2013 at 12:44

Well done Z.  Mental strength indeed and you'll feel great (sort of) for the rest of the day now.  Its these sessions that we would have ditched in the past that make all the difference on the start line of the marathon.

Brol - shame about missing the hairdresser. How are you feeling for the weekend?

2old - no. no. no ... don't go to golf.

31/01/2013 at 13:03

245 miles for the month.

31/01/2013 at 13:13

It looks like the TR24 is almost full, they say there are only a few places left. Any takers?

31/01/2013 at 13:16

Oh heck.  I'll see what my running club are wanting to do.  Wouldn't mind a competitive ladies team....

31/01/2013 at 13:17

Nice mileage Minni

31/01/2013 at 13:19

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

I'm just popping in before heading to Toulouse for some serious boozing. Looks like Beckham has signed for PSG so fingers crossed he'll make his debut tomorrow night and I'll get to see him play one final time.

Good luck on Sunday Bro - it might be just what you need to shake the jetlag out.

Good luck to anyone else racing too, and for all your long runs.

Au revoir! 

31/01/2013 at 14:11

Red-good rugby town-visited it to watch Sale Sharks play-great spot to watch the Six Nations this weekend with that serious boozing. Have fun

Minni-excellent months mileage, about the same total as I do a round of golf so I wont be going that way anytime soon

Bro- must be a disaster to miss the hairdresser, you'll look a mmess on the podium after the HM

2K swim done -muscles feel well and truly stretched

31/01/2013 at 14:33
Red - have a great weekend, and enjoy the soccer - sorry, couldn't resist...the tv here is wall to wall "football" this weekend as it's the superbowl this weekend. Last night they even had a programme previewing the ads - sorry, commercials (need to get it right) that companies have paid $4 million for a slot during the game!

Mr Z - well done getting the miles in earlier

Minni - great mileage. How does that compare to last January - are you doing more miles?

I was on the treadmill again this morning. Only time for a short one, 3 miles, but it's all for JanwegotanothermentiononMTthisweektastic

It is absolutely arctic here this morning, well below zero and a biting wind. I've just stopped in Starbucks on my way to the office to warm up with a coffee. I'm flying home tonight - yippee
31/01/2013 at 16:00

Red -   Congrats and have a great weekend.

Brol -  Don't push it, fine balance between stressing the body  and doing too much. Take a day off if you need it.

Minni - Nice tempo run and very good monthly mileage.

31/01/2013 at 16:52
Mr Z - Great mlr in the morning.

Freemers - Enjoy your trip home. Try not to go mad on the free booze in the lounge and on board .

2old - I agree, golf comes just before they shuffle me off to the old people's home.

Still only doing 3x 1mile runs on the treadmill. Heel feels better, but that's probably cus I'm hardly running.
Some x-training in the gym today, 5000m on the rower, then 40mins on the bike. My new way to relief the boredom on the bike, do suduko puzzles, works great.
31/01/2013 at 17:18

Redders: good running yesterday and lovely news re. little redders #2  

Freemers
: great running in Chicago. Love the pics  

Mr Z: well done for squeezing that MLR in!

Brilliant mileage, Minni  

217 miles for the month - what with a week off due to norovirus where I ran just 13 instead of 60 I'm reasonably happy.

Kiwi. wrote (see)
Redwood - congrats!

Just saw on the news about Claire Squires - they've now removed products containing DMA from sale. No idea 2old about caffeine.....

not sure I would put random supplements into my body. Caffeine is fine - I have lots of that on a daily basis

I will have to do my LSR before work tomorrow - 17 with 8 @ MP . All that in the pissing rain and gale force winds. Not much looking forward to it but needs must. Won't be getting any runs in this weekend as we are going away. I'll be knackered all day tomorrow I reckon
Today was only a 3 mile recovery run at lunchtime. At least no rain

Edited: 31/01/2013 at 17:18
31/01/2013 at 17:58
Evening all and a special hello to the chelsea massive we were truly awful but wouldn't swap the last 10 mins! Plus if chelsea didn't spend so much time time-wasting there wouldn't have been 5 minutes added and we couldn't have scored in 95 mins! Oh well...

Redders - huge congrats and have a lovely weekend.

Minni, bro, chick - impressive monthly mileage ladies. I will let the side down I'm afraid.

Freemers - safe trip back. Lovely photos.

DD - good luck tomorrow. Hope your body has recovered well.

MrZ - impressive stuff with getting the mlr in after a few pints.

Simon - gym work can be mega yawn when you're used to running hey. Good your foot is improving.

I rested yesterday as on first aid course and had time to do long run this morning. My calf felt really tight in first mile and at 5 miles I stopped ad stretched it. Then I kept going ok. Met a friend at 9 miles and ran another 9 with him. Got soaked at 12 miles for 20 minutes but kept going and managed 18 miles ave 8:29. Pleased because it felt comfortable even in horrid conditions but pissed off because when I stopped running my calf was really bad. Cold bath and compressin socks on its starting to ease. Think I might need to rest for a few days (angry face) still got 2 more runs to do for Janwhataboutinjuriestastic!
31/01/2013 at 20:04
Freemers - only about 10 miles more this January to last. All I. The right direction though!

AA - speedy pace today. . Hopefully some RICE will have your calf fixed in no time.

Wow Chick well done on nailing that run at this stage.

Stopped Weeble throwing her weight around elsewhere. lol!
31/01/2013 at 20:47
Quick check in - managed 9M in north vancouver yesterday so still on jantastic track. About to fly 2 hours north to (I believe the locals say) "shred some pow". Really doesn't suit me...

O4S - that's an awesome tour - I cycled across the pyrenees from bilbao to barcelona a few years back - its a great route, especially the marie blanque, aubisque, solour, tourmalet stretch.
31/01/2013 at 21:37

Evening. I'm out of the game. Going to take some more time out, do more swimming, cycling and core work. This running lark really isn't working for me. I shall defer my Spring Marathon place. The pressure really isn't helping me get back into it. I'll have 2 weeks completely off at least and then build up slowly. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.