RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,041 to 26,060 of 36,293 messages
31/01/2013 at 21:39

*whistles innocently* Minni I don't know what you're talking about.

I am grumpy. Still having problems when discomfort (refuse to call it pain) and stiffness. I'm currently of the "push through it without doing anything stupid" school of thought. (Although I'm off on holiday on Sunday so that should put a stop to it).Cannot believe how long this is taking. Abingdon opens tomorrow and I'm wondering if it's even worth it. The new five hour limit seems specially designed to taunt me.

So yes, very grumpy and lashing out.

Anyway, great mileage for January Minni.

Mr Z very impressed with the mental strength.

Hopefully your heel is on the mend Simon. And I hope your calf is nothing serious AA.

Hi everyone else, the thread seems to have gone very international at the moment.

31/01/2013 at 21:52
Minnie & Chick - Great mileage ladies. Puts my 179 to shame, but after all the injuries, I'm really pleased with that... Most consistent I've run in ages.

Spoons - Sounds like the right thing to do, but I'm a fine one to listen to, as I always try to do too much too soon!

MLR 11 from me tonight @ 8.13, felt really good and easy... Damn... I know I'm gonna regret saying that now!!!
31/01/2013 at 22:00
Evening all
Just fallen off the wagon after 11 days. Still its a way to mark the end of the month
Total for month 242 miles in 21 runs with 8 days lost due to skiing. Best January ever. Trouble is have to start again tomorrow. Only two months til taper starts.
AA- great long run in awful conditions. Look after that calf
Spoons- hope things resolve soon
Weeble- thanks for reminding me about Abbo
31/01/2013 at 22:03
Chick- sorry that was a excellent LR too
Simon - good to see things on the mend.
Edited: 31/01/2013 at 22:03
31/01/2013 at 22:19
Chick & AA - Great long runs... Especially with your cacky calf AA.

However as mentioned in previous posts, don't get me started on football, especially if it involves anything to do with the FSW!
Also, I seem to remember someone, somewhere saying that we only talk running on this thread!
31/01/2013 at 22:48
Oompa - I don't know if talking footie can be classed as x-training, under Minnis regulations?
Nice MLR, enjoy the nice feeling while you can.
31/01/2013 at 22:58
Oomp- Very good monthly mileage and MLR- 30 more than I did this time last year .it's good feeling good especially after being constantly dogged with injury. Enjoy it ,as we all go through ups and downs over the marathon training period.
31/01/2013 at 23:36
Minni - just checking in to get advice on setting targets for the next stage of Jantastic. As you know Spoons is doing his best to keep us in order over on Carter's RW Forum thread.

This month has been about number of runs and next month is about longest run. If I am planning mainly 20 mile LSR's and one HM next month do I go with 13 miles as he longest run as this is my longest shortest run or do I go with 20 miles and accept that there will be one week where I miss my long run target.

Is it about the length of the long run or just doing a long run ?

I am scheduled to run the Baldock HM on 24th feb in preparation for Paris on 7th April. I am running the Bupa 10k in London in May, have entered the balllot for the Royal Parks HM early October and doing the Dublin marathon end October.
01/02/2013 at 08:11

Carl unless they've changed it from last year you can enter a different distance for each week.

01/02/2013 at 09:22
Minni wrote (see)

Wow Chick well done on nailing that run at this stage.

2oldnever wrote (see)
Chick- sorry that was a excellent LR too

Guys, you didn't read my post properly
I was moaning yesterday that I'd have to do this run today (before work).

Well I did but I was shit

Tough time at work over the past couple of days (10 hr + days) and a bad night's sleep because of yet another raging storm meant I was completely knackered. Warmup at 9mm felt like hard work. Speeding up to MP almost impossible. On top of that there was still a gale force wind blowing .  Anyway 17 miles with 8 @ something resembling MP (7:57 instead of 7:50) d&d.

It also means I just ran 53.2 miles in 5 days. No wonder I'm knackered. Now looking forward to the weekend - we are going away to some nice spa type thingie for a bit of pampering. I am not allowed to run

Off to log my 6th run on JanIcantwaitforittobeovertastic

01/02/2013 at 09:26

Nice running, AA ! Bugger about the calf. Hope a few days of rest will help. You've been doing mega mileage lately.

01/02/2013 at 10:05

Morning all-great weather for a run, pity about work! I hate looking at my monthly mileage and seeing a big 0.

Chick-oops-just goes to show that posting when you've fallen off the wagon is not a good idea. Well done for getting it done today after a tough week and some good paced miles in there too.Enjoy the spa..

Have to squeeze in a tempo run sometime today but not sure when as I have a long drive to get in and a daughter's play to attend. May well be more of a sprint than a tempo.

01/02/2013 at 10:08

Alright all, 8 miles tempoish run last night (7:44) with the club and a 10 mile MLR on Tuesday, brings me up to a paltry (for this thread) 160 miles for the month. Feeling about the same as last year.

Spoons - sorry to hear about your continuing running nightmare  Hopefully rest & recuperation will get you fighting fit again 

AA - the thread calf problems strike again - hope it's nothing serious

01/02/2013 at 10:36

Simon - I thought Minnis regulations were more like "guidelines"... bit like abstaining from alcohol???

01/02/2013 at 12:01

254 miles done in Jan which I'm happy with considering the holiday. Bring on Feb with no interruptions (hopefully).

AA- hope the calf is ok.

Chick- don't despair it just sounds like of the those runs you need to forget. I've been struggling all week with the wind and rain, it really makes it hard especially first thing in the morning. It's all character building! Well done for getting out there before work in terrible conditions.

Spoons- sorry to hear things are not going to plan. Hopefully a total rest will do the trick.

Oompa- nice pace on your MLR.

Rest day today for me which I think was much needed.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
01/02/2013 at 13:13

only 169 miles for Jan for me - but that does represent a 30% increase from last January, which was also my peak, and i've maintianed the same level of cycling and swimming this year as last year.

I've delibrately left space to ramp - so plan will be rto drop some of the cycling for the next three months, then post marathon, drop the running significantly and ramp the cycling

Dubai Dave    pirate
01/02/2013 at 14:00

AA: Hope RICE does the job, and yes Chelsea are shite, I blame Rafa myself.

Chick: No doubt you did that run at around 0430? Well done.

Oompa: You've got Minni sussed.

2XU Skins Olympic Triathlon 1.5K swim / 40K bike / 10K run

Wasn't expecting much and didn't get much! Woke to a very windy day, never a good sign when doing a sea swim or riding a bike! The swim was choppy with a strong cross current, had to breath to the left for half the race to avoid drowning and I really don't like having to do that. After one lap I wanted to go home, but on the second lap I started to swim much better and started overtaking folks and felt almost happy. Exited swim in 30-22.

T1 2-45 and out into the wind complete with driven sand. The bike course is 5 laps of a U shaped course so half was down win and half into the wind, this wasn't an A  race so kept it at 90RPM and went down wind at 40 KPH and up wind at around 24 KPH. Finished cycle in 1-18 which is much slower than usual but good enough.

T2 1-30 and out on the run, calf muscles were very tight after last weeks marathon so I kept the pace down to run even splits and cruise home in 48-01. Total time 2-40. Still good enough for 3rd M50 but then there were only 5 in my age group.! Onto next weeks Tri.

Dubai Dave    pirate
01/02/2013 at 14:15

I seem to have entered Abingdon

PS where is Abingdon?

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 14:16
01/02/2013 at 14:29

Nice podium finish, DD . Roll on Abo . When is it?

Dubai Dave wrote (see)

Chick: No doubt you did that run at around 0430? Well done.

how did you guess ?

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 14:30
M.r Zuvai    pirate
01/02/2013 at 14:45
Dubai Dave wrote (see)

I seem to have entered Abingdon

PS where is Abingdon?

Oxford

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.