RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,061 to 26,080 of 37,235 messages
01/02/2013 at 21:26

Just back from a Running Club committee meeting - we awarded 'Member of the Month' to one of our Under 11 girls team - she did the local Park Run last Saturday in 20m.49s   .............................................

01/02/2013 at 21:55
Lovely to see Speed Sheep.

Congrats DD. You recover quick after that marathon.

The curse of Brol. Funny. Good mileage by everyone.

Good luck O4S. Sub 21 for 11 year old. scary.

Ultra is still on tomorrow for me but going to take it very safe. No risk so might bail out after 23 or 30 miles. Route is now 44-45 not 50 miles and more on road so more impact on legs.. IT band was sore the other day too. Don't want too much recovery time to affect VLM training.
02/02/2013 at 00:04
FRC - Good luck tomorrow, hopefully your tucked up in bed getting plenty of rest.

DD - Another great performance and on the podium again.

Minni - I hope the weather is kind for you in the morning. Actually I hope it's crap, cus I know how good it will be for toughening you up, and how it will make the easy runs feel even easier.

Mr Z - Some nice fast intervals again.

SS - Hope you get your mojo back soon. There's a few of us on the sick bench, so your not alone.

KFC - Hope you can get ski touring soon.
Edited: 02/02/2013 at 00:05
Dubai Dave    pirate
02/02/2013 at 07:23

Spoons: thanks for the clarification

SS: good to see you back

Minni: I knew it was down south! 

I see that I have been promoted to 2nd M50 thanks to a disqualification, I did wonder how he finished in front of me. 

Cycled 40 miles in the rain this morning, but this is Dubai cycling on the dedicated cycle track to the five star desert resort where we enjoyed, Latte, croissants, Danish Pastries and complimentary slippers for the walk from the bike to the coffee shop. 

02/02/2013 at 08:10

You're so going to miss Dubai!

02/02/2013 at 08:23
Oh yes life is going to be so different for DD in the Uk. He'll have to get rid of all that bright snazzy kit for one thing and replace it with grey drab torn garments.
02/02/2013 at 08:56

FRC- Good luck for today, you are probably well on your way by now.

Zuvai -  Good pacy miles from you.

First 20 of the campaign for me this morning, early start due to waking up at 04:30(the joys of shift work) quick coffee and slice off toast(apart from that the run was unfuelled)  took the dog for a walk and headed out.  Cold wind which seemed to be against me in three directions.  Ended up 7:44 avg with last 7 below 7:30 and last 2 at 7:11 and 7:00.  That puts me top of the challenge.  Are you taking part this month  Brol and good luck for tomorrow.

02/02/2013 at 09:20
Morning all
Rest day today
DD- great podium place lets see the bling you'll have been given
Bu@@er. Forgot about Abbo. Hope I'm not too late
Barry - fast 20. Looking good
MrZ- fast ruining from you too. Great confidence builder
Mini - you'll be able to retire after VLM. No doubts!
FRC - enjoy your ultra. No quitting.
04S - well done with the award. Well earnt
10 miles yestrday including 7 @ 7mm . LR tomorrow.
Watching netball today in Rutland. Where's that? Fingers crossed for a Welsh win but have serious doubts
02/02/2013 at 09:55
DD - excellent tri when you weren't even trying!

Barry - scarily quick long run! What's your plan for next Sunday time-wise. Pm your mobile and we can meet up before cos I reckon you'll be long gone by the time I finish

Spoons - brave decision and I hope it will help get you sorted. Cross-train for a few weeks and take your time getting back into it

KFC - he you eventually made you destination!

Chick - at least you did it.

I rested yesterday and did a gentle 3 miles today. Had to stop and stretch twice. My calf is still tight. But I need to run today and tomorrow for jansickofittastic! Now icing and gonna apply KT tape. My runs this week have been totally scuppered. Tomorrows plan of some mp work or hmp work might have to be binned and a 1 mile jog might have to do...

Carrot - are you coming down this afternoon?
02/02/2013 at 11:52

Barry -  Nice 20. You seem to run your long runs a lot quicker than i do, yet (i think) we're aiming for similar times? According to P & D. my long run pace should be between 10 - 20% slower than planned m.p (7.26) which equates to between 8.11 and 8.55?????????? Any advice welcome.

2old - Good speedy tempo. 

FRC - This may be too late, but good luck today.

DD - Congrats on your third place... in years to come, no one will know that there were only 5 starters... only 3 places on a podium! 

7 miles from me this morning @ 8.15 with strides. Never really sure how far/fast to run these though?

02/02/2013 at 12:24

45 mins turbo trainer plus weights and core this morning..... 

02/02/2013 at 14:35

SS- Yey she's back! So glad to hear you're back running and you're right not to put too much pressure on yourself for VLM. Hopefully this is going to be a better running year for you.

MrZ- very speedy tempo yesterday, impressive stuff.

Minni- well done for completing those Frankenmoz intervals, I have a feeling I might be doing them soon as well. I'm also not quite sure what to put down for my long runs cause it's not up to me! Very tricky.

FRC- hope you have a good one today. Look forward to the report.

Barry- impressive 20 miler. Yes, I will take part this month. Why- are you worried?

2Old- it's not looking good for the Welsh win...

02/02/2013 at 14:37

6m easy for me today and now putting my feet up for the rest of the day. Felt back to normal today at last, just in time to get some of the confidence back for the HM tomorrow. Phew!

02/02/2013 at 16:22
Finally made it! Now all I need to do is sort out a good place to get my running done...

SS - good to have you back, there's quite a few of us at various stages of the comeback trail, don't be put off if you aren't as speedy as you know you can be

Barry - very quick 20 - do you usually run them that fast?

FRC and other racers - hope it goes/went well, look forward to hearing more!
02/02/2013 at 16:43

20 miles for me this morning. Marginally less painful than the 18 on sunday, but done a quite a steady pace 9:09. So I'm with you there Oompa

kfc - sounds like an amazing trip - have fun

02/02/2013 at 19:02

2old - try reading the post!!  I am not in the girl's under 11 team..............

The Irish made it   England beware

30 miles done today in fabulous conditions.  Mixture of proper running, shuffling, walking, bird watching plus tea and cake indulging.  Took a long time but it flew past and included stops to watch the Goshawks hunting and to listen to the birds singing in the woodland as the sun came up over the hills.  A perfect day and as it was just Mr O4S and me we could do whatever we wanted.  Some of the mud was truly dreadful   30 mile event next week so will have to get a bit of a wiggle on then

02/02/2013 at 19:12

AA -  Something around 1:30 would be nice, how about you? I'll message my mobile no.

Brol -  Yes, don't think i'll be hitting your mileage. Target for tomorrow?

2old  - You should be OK for a couple of weeks for Abo, but don't leave it too late.  Saying that there were places on offer on the Forum up to August last year.

Oompa/kfc -   Over the past couple of years I've come close to 3:15(closest being 8 seconds at Abo last year) a few times.  Under advice from DD and Minni  I'm putting some quicker miles at the end of my long runs to get used to running at pace on tired legs. First 3 today were over 8 min/miles then next 10 7:50 to 7:40's then ramped up for the last 7.  I've always run at the faster end of the recomended paces but  hoping this time  the quicker miles at the end of long runs will mean I'm not going to struggle for the last few come VLM.

02/02/2013 at 19:17
Barry- no target really. I'll try to set off at my current pb pace (7:11) or thereabouts and see how it feels. It's a hilly course so if I could get close to my pb at this stage I would be very happy.
02/02/2013 at 20:39
Minni wrote (see)
Carl - yes it's tricky putting in the longest run. Because I follow the Frankenmoz schedule I don't know how long my runs will be. I'm tempted to put 4 x 20s but I think when I start putting quality in a couple might drop to 18s. 

As I am following Spoons recomendations for my long runs I am mainly doing 20 milers during February with a HM scheduled in as well.

Have today put in my 2nd 20 mile LSR in my build up to Paris. 15 miles at 9:18 mm pace and the last 5 at 8:16 mm pace (a little quicker than what I think my MP will be).

So I think I will go with 20 miles for my long runs apart from the weekend that I do te HM. I will just have to nail each one of them.

Definitely alot going on here and always interesting to keep up to date with it.

02/02/2013 at 22:29
Bro- hope your HM goes better than Wales played in the first half and as well as they did in the second. Have a great race hopefully jet lag free.1.30??
O4S- oops. Just shows that reading with contact lenses in is not a good idea. I thought the recent speed work had had a rejuvenating effect. Excellent running and cake eating today
Barry- the speed work and endurance mix seems to be working well . Thanks re Abo.
Ant- always good to get a LR out of the way. Nice one
Carl- we all love lots of 20 milers here ...not. Wait until someone discovers 30 milers as marathon LRs. Oh ,that's been done byO4S. My daughter is doing Paris too ,her first so it's a get you round schedule for her and one 20 is her target.
FRC - was your ultra today . How was it?
Looks like its going to be cold at 6.30 for my LR tomorrow. Hope I can drag myself out of bed.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.