RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,061 to 26,080 of 36,947 messages
01/02/2013 at 16:00
Spoons - a rough decision to make, hope it helps with the comeback

DD - any bling?

Chick - that run didn't sound too shit to me - really close to hitting your target pace in challenging conditions. Enjoy the spa!

Sending good vibes to all the ailing calves

110M for January for me - low, but really happy I've managed to do that after my calf injury. Slow and steady build up has really done the trick.

Just wanted to let you know that the curse of bro is still working its magic in canada, even after she's left... Yesterday I spent 6 hours flying, only to end up back at the same place after an aborted landing and a refuel at a military outpost... Trying again now!
01/02/2013 at 16:11

Chick -  well done for doing yesterday's run today.    Nothing wrong with your run, sub 8 over that distance in the wind is a good effort.

Brol -  Good mileage and thanks for knocking me down to 10th in the challenge.

AA -  Good long run, hope the calf is nothing serious.

DD -  Congrats on the podium finish.

5  miles easy this morning and just had my monthly physio, no problems just tight in my calfs.

01/02/2013 at 16:13

DD- well done on the podium!

KFC- you can't keep on blaming me forever!!! Hope the second attempt is successful!

01/02/2013 at 16:15

Barry- you're very welcome.

01/02/2013 at 16:54
Ok, I've had enough hiding my head in the sand. Hello again! So sorry I've not posted anything for ages. I've got a lot of catching up to do.....

Injury got me very down towards the end of last year as I'd had a few false starts when getting going again. I had a few good runs in November, and then I got sick with rubbish lurgy in December. Bad chest so I managed 3 runs and felt like death when I got back in. Only felt better in second week of Jan. seriously contemplated withdrawing from my GFA start this year as am in no fit condition to run 3:30. But am trying to talk down my competitive side and just use it as a training run, using this whole block of training to get me marathon fit and then look for an autum or early Jan (say, Dubai) marathon to go for my time?

Sorry I've been so rubbish and hidden away, I just needed to sort my head out with my running. Everything felt like a massive battle and I was truly fed up with it all. Enough feeling sorry for myself, hopefully it will all be fine and I will just run it slowly.

I hope everyone is doing well with their marathon build-up. I will read back as and when I can ands see how you are all doing.
01/02/2013 at 18:13

SS:  don't forget the old saying 'What doesn't kill us makes us stronger'.  You might surprise yourelf in the spring marathon

Spoons: really sorry to hear your news, hope the rest sorts you out.

DD: I seem to remember someone [possibly me] speculating that we might be siblings.  I give Mr O4S information strictly on a 'need to know basis' - my need for him to know

That is Janwhateveritisallaboutastic D&D.  Four mile easy tonight with a 30 mile ultra tomorrow.  Weather looks great for running tomorrow

M.r Zuvai    pirate
01/02/2013 at 19:12

evening, 

binned my morning swim and cycle as i was tired from yesterdays double, so was dreading this evenings tempo run but felt cracking!

2m WU,  07:04, 06:56, 06:53, 06:48, 2m CD 

happy with that - it felt comfortable enough that from next week i will look to increase the lenth of the faster bits to build some speed endurance 

haha - i've just seen talk on someones fb wall about retirement! *shakes head ruefully* 

01/02/2013 at 19:25
*insert embarrassed face*. Z I wasn't saying I would retire just that if I got sub 3:15 I 'could' retire!
M.r Zuvai    pirate
01/02/2013 at 19:33

haha! how was your intervals?

01/02/2013 at 19:48
Well it was a bit more HM pace than 10k pace but what's a few seconds amongst friends! To be honest I've lost some confidence in the speedier stuff. I almost talk myself out of it, sure I'm going to fail.

Craaaaaking tempo from you though, young man!
Edited: 01/02/2013 at 19:49
01/02/2013 at 20:01
Haha DD - love you entering marathons and not knowing where they are!

O4S - have a great Ultra tomorrow.

Carl - yes it's tricky putting in the longest run. Because I follow the Frankenmoz schedule I don't know how long my runs will be. I'm tempted to put 4 x 20s but I think when I start putting quality in a couple might drop to 18s.

3rd 20 scheduled for tomorrow. All 7 runs logged in Janthenightsaregettinglightertasic.
01/02/2013 at 21:15
Dubai Dave wrote (see)

I seem to have entered Abingdon

PS where is Abingdon?

North west of Dubai

South east of Alaska

01/02/2013 at 21:26

Just back from a Running Club committee meeting - we awarded 'Member of the Month' to one of our Under 11 girls team - she did the local Park Run last Saturday in 20m.49s   .............................................

01/02/2013 at 21:55
Lovely to see Speed Sheep.

Congrats DD. You recover quick after that marathon.

The curse of Brol. Funny. Good mileage by everyone.

Good luck O4S. Sub 21 for 11 year old. scary.

Ultra is still on tomorrow for me but going to take it very safe. No risk so might bail out after 23 or 30 miles. Route is now 44-45 not 50 miles and more on road so more impact on legs.. IT band was sore the other day too. Don't want too much recovery time to affect VLM training.
02/02/2013 at 00:04
FRC - Good luck tomorrow, hopefully your tucked up in bed getting plenty of rest.

DD - Another great performance and on the podium again.

Minni - I hope the weather is kind for you in the morning. Actually I hope it's crap, cus I know how good it will be for toughening you up, and how it will make the easy runs feel even easier.

Mr Z - Some nice fast intervals again.

SS - Hope you get your mojo back soon. There's a few of us on the sick bench, so your not alone.

KFC - Hope you can get ski touring soon.
Edited: 02/02/2013 at 00:05
Dubai Dave    pirate
02/02/2013 at 07:23

Spoons: thanks for the clarification

SS: good to see you back

Minni: I knew it was down south! 

I see that I have been promoted to 2nd M50 thanks to a disqualification, I did wonder how he finished in front of me. 

Cycled 40 miles in the rain this morning, but this is Dubai cycling on the dedicated cycle track to the five star desert resort where we enjoyed, Latte, croissants, Danish Pastries and complimentary slippers for the walk from the bike to the coffee shop. 

02/02/2013 at 08:10

You're so going to miss Dubai!

02/02/2013 at 08:23
Oh yes life is going to be so different for DD in the Uk. He'll have to get rid of all that bright snazzy kit for one thing and replace it with grey drab torn garments.
02/02/2013 at 08:56

FRC- Good luck for today, you are probably well on your way by now.

Zuvai -  Good pacy miles from you.

First 20 of the campaign for me this morning, early start due to waking up at 04:30(the joys of shift work) quick coffee and slice off toast(apart from that the run was unfuelled)  took the dog for a walk and headed out.  Cold wind which seemed to be against me in three directions.  Ended up 7:44 avg with last 7 below 7:30 and last 2 at 7:11 and 7:00.  That puts me top of the challenge.  Are you taking part this month  Brol and good luck for tomorrow.

02/02/2013 at 09:20
Morning all
Rest day today
DD- great podium place lets see the bling you'll have been given
Bu@@er. Forgot about Abbo. Hope I'm not too late
Barry - fast 20. Looking good
MrZ- fast ruining from you too. Great confidence builder
Mini - you'll be able to retire after VLM. No doubts!
FRC - enjoy your ultra. No quitting.
04S - well done with the award. Well earnt
10 miles yestrday including 7 @ 7mm . LR tomorrow.
Watching netball today in Rutland. Where's that? Fingers crossed for a Welsh win but have serious doubts
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.