RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,101 to 26,120 of 37,230 messages
03/02/2013 at 20:16

Brol - are you suggesting I'm lazy?

03/02/2013 at 22:39
Wow, some impressive Lsr's this w/end, Carot/Barry/Oompa/Minni/2old

FRC - Well done on your ultra with thigh deep water.

O4S - Well done on your 30m ultra. Why don't you add some miles before and after VLM, and use it as training run for your 100miler.

Bro - Excellent time considering the hills.

SS - Hang in there, you're still heading in the right direction.

Still not doing any real running of note, so x-training in the gym. Another 5000m on the rower @ 2.01.4 pace, and then 30 mins on the bike.
04/02/2013 at 06:44

OMG!!  Breathe....Breathe..... 

I went on MT to log my Febulous targets and my first run and its gone.  Shut down.  No place to log.  I think I've missed the boat....

I'll send an email.

04/02/2013 at 07:30
Minni !!!! I'm sure they said today was the last day for entering targets? We can't have Team Minni without Minni - hopefully they'll let you back in when you tell them who you are! Nice running over the weekend BTW - great to do a speed session after the LSR

Brol - excellent result at Watford. I've heard from others it's a tough course, so that's a great time

SS - good to see you back. I agree with Barry - see how the next few weeks go before making a decision about London.

O4S - only you could contemplate an ultra the week after VLM! I'd say train for the marathon, but that's because I don't do ultras!

AA - good that your calf seems better. Hope it stays that way and you can get right back into your schedule.

Spoons - tough decision for you but I guess the right one. So I won't see you at the Broadland Half then?

Barry / 2old / Oompa - great long runs

I got home Friday, and slept a full 12 hours that night so feeling really refreshed on Saturday. I hadn't done any speed work in the week so decided to do my interval session that day - 9 x 800m with 200m recoveries. I started conservatively as I wasn't sure how I would feel on the back of my cold, so the first rep was @ 7.10 pace. That felt fine so I increased the speed for each one, ending @ 6.24. That last one is 15kph on the TM - I never normally get up to that speed so I was pleased with the effort and felt really good afterwards

Then yesterday was my LSR - 21 miles @ 8.35. Nice and steady all the way - in fact my mile splits were all between 8.30 and 8.40, so very even pacing which was what I was after.

Today will be 6 miles easy.
04/02/2013 at 10:06

I'm going for a good old Irish compromise - do a 10 mile slow warm-up, a 20 mile marathon training LSR followed by a 10 mile cool down .  I do have the option to go round the 100 mile event with a couple of friends and log around 34 hours (my slowest time for around 30 years) just enjoying the cake, the company and the scenery.  At the moment it sounds very attractive, but I know that as soon as I am at the start I'll want to go faster

Minni:  you are worse than my students!  However I am sure it said you could enter Febulous targets up to today [although possibly it didn't include today?]

Have just got the speed work schedule for February

04/02/2013 at 10:59

Freemers - Welcome back, nice speedy reps and a very good long run.

Carrot - Good long run especially after a hangover on Saturday. I'm must be getting old if I got drunk on Friday I'd still be feeling it Sunday morning.

Minni -  Hope you get Febulous targets sorted. I thought the cut off was today.

8.5 miles this morning including 10 x 2 mins hill reps -  they hurt.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 11:00
04/02/2013 at 11:05

Spoons- I'm only suggesting that you might enjoy some pampering every now and then!

Free- nice reps (6:24???) and a good consistent LSR.

Minni- I was under the impression that it was supposed to be done by 4th Feb so today... Hope you get it sorted!

O4S- tell us more about your speedwork schedule.

Barry- your hill reps sound evil.

04/02/2013 at 11:17

Alright all - we seem to have become a medium team on Jantastic. I guess if you don't enter feb targets then you are dropped from the team. Minni - your runs are all on there now though - 8 runs a week!  

48 miles for me last week, so gathering steam. 

Bro - well done on the HM. I was pondering Watford, but am doing minimal racing in this campaign. And I feel undercooked at the moment as I am still ramping up mileage.

04/02/2013 at 11:39

Morning all-just

Bit tired after watching the SuperBowl last night or at least most of it. Still dont understand the game but it looked like lots of fun

Great LRs this week end-Minni, Ant, Barry,Free, Carrot.

Minni- no wonder you were tired -a fast interval session after a LR and a party! What happened to hard /easy? Looks like you got your Febtatsic runs logged

Just logged my Febtastic runs which I should achieve assuming no injuries and I can fit in some runs when I ski. Someone put down 30 miles for their LR? Wonder who?

Bro- great HM-sounds tough and after all that travelling and a tiring week too

O4S-Choose VLM-I cant wait to see what you knock out after all this speed stuff your doing

Barry-great hill reps-not pleasant but good for strength and speed-

Free-two very good runs there..no ill effects from your travelling!

Simon-masochistic pace on the Ergo

SS- stick with it ,theres stll lots of time-do the schedule ,youll have residual fitness which will kick back in and experience to fall back on.I think youll suprise yourself. Dont waste the GFA.

Lokks like recovery stuff today for me. My ITB is a  bit sore but Im hopeful it will improve with a bit of a jog and stretching

04/02/2013 at 12:40

Hi guys! Back from a lovely weekend in the snow with some serious pampering thrown in. And yeah, you all guessed it: I fell off the wagon . Just a few beers but they tasted GREAT

10 easy miles this morning to settle back into a proper running week.

Well done O4S and FRC on your respective ultras  

Speed sheep: great to have you back with us.

Impressive fast and long running Barry, 2old, Minni, carrot and Freemers. Freemers, great speedwork too

AA: good to hear that calf is feeling better

Great HM time, Bro !!

Oompa: still a good 18 in the bank. Sometimes that faster stuff just isn't happening ...

Minni: glad you got MT sorted: I was a bit worried when I logged my run this morning and you were missing from the list!

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:40
04/02/2013 at 12:44
Freemers wrote (see)
So I won't see you at the Broadland Half then? 

I'll be there in a supporting capacity as GF will be there.

Brolish wrote (see)

Spoons- I'm only suggesting that you might enjoy some pampering every now and then!

Well the truth is I am lazy....

2.5km swim for me this morning

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:44
04/02/2013 at 12:58

Freemers - 800m intervals followed by a 21 lsr!!! & Minni - 20 lsr followed by 1400m intervals... Am i missing something??? I thought two hard days together was NAUGHTY AND BAD?

SS - I'm with 2old on this one, don't give up your gfa place... There's still a long way to go.

Rest day today but might hit the gym this evening?

Dubai Dave    pirate
04/02/2013 at 13:00

Been a bit busy around here but it is confirmed team DD will be back in Blighty around the 8th May. Have already been looking at marathon in Cornwall on the 19th, should be able to recover from that in time to cycle JOGLE on the 8th June. 

FRC: respect for the ultra

Bro: Nice 1/2

SS: Difficult call, in reality you have 9 weeks to get fit, so it depends where you are and given that clearly you can run 11 miles now, it should be doable.

Now the best bit of new circumstances is that I'm on gardening leave until May, no work but paid, Yahoooo. So cycled 55 miles in the wind this morning, club run tonight.

04/02/2013 at 13:03

I have now been able to put my targets in but cannot log my run from this morning.  I only get up at 5:30 for the sake of Janfuckingtastic!

2old - I feel a lot less tired now.

Great runs from Carrot and Freemers.  I have a feeling there are going to be a few of us all aiming for similar times from the green start.

Chick - glad you had a nice weekend of pampering.

Spoons - 2.5k swim - yeah very lazy.

Simon -  

I've got a really busy week with lots of late nights.

04/02/2013 at 13:04

DD - you lucky man!  Are you doing JOGLE yourself?  What is your route? ie Will you be passing through my homeland?

04/02/2013 at 13:32

Chick- welcome back!

DD- gardening leave... bliss!

3m recovery for me at lunchtime. Feels like my legs got a bit of hammering yesterday. Shins felt very tight. To think of it they felt very tight in the first couple of miles yesterday.  Not sure what that's all about.  

04/02/2013 at 14:09
Bro - excellent half. I've heard Watford is really hard. Reading will be easier.

Freemers - welcome back. Cracking couple of sessions at the weekend.

Carrot - great long run there.

DD - how lovely

SS - give it more time before you make your mind up. But keep training if you can.

9 miles for me this morning @8:45 pace. Nice and steady and calf was ok. (Thumbs up!)
04/02/2013 at 14:28

Oompa - I wouldn't normally have done intervals the day before my long run, just that I hadn't done any 'quality' work all week and felt the need

DD - lucky man

Minni - glad you're back in the team and hopefully they will actually let you log some runs soon

A nice easy 6 d&d this lunchtime. Lovely day out - still a bit blustery but the sun was shining at least and it was shorts and t-shirt weather for once.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 14:29
04/02/2013 at 14:47

who else is going Reading?  Is it just AA & Brol?  When is it?  I've got 4 weeks till my next HM.

Brol: you must have worked hard on those hills yesterday.  Don't worry about the shin pain - it will pass when you get your intervals and be replaced by something else hurting! 

I'll have to email MT and use the 'do you know who I am'  line and see if I can persuade them to let me log my runs this week. 

I've guessed with the longs runs and I'm already fretting about the race time for next month.

04/02/2013 at 14:58

Minni- Reading is on 17th March. I have a 10k to fret about before then (3rd March).

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.