RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,121 to 26,140 of 36,998 messages
04/02/2013 at 11:39

Morning all-just

Bit tired after watching the SuperBowl last night or at least most of it. Still dont understand the game but it looked like lots of fun

Great LRs this week end-Minni, Ant, Barry,Free, Carrot.

Minni- no wonder you were tired -a fast interval session after a LR and a party! What happened to hard /easy? Looks like you got your Febtatsic runs logged

Just logged my Febtastic runs which I should achieve assuming no injuries and I can fit in some runs when I ski. Someone put down 30 miles for their LR? Wonder who?

Bro- great HM-sounds tough and after all that travelling and a tiring week too

O4S-Choose VLM-I cant wait to see what you knock out after all this speed stuff your doing

Barry-great hill reps-not pleasant but good for strength and speed-

Free-two very good runs there..no ill effects from your travelling!

Simon-masochistic pace on the Ergo

SS- stick with it ,theres stll lots of time-do the schedule ,youll have residual fitness which will kick back in and experience to fall back on.I think youll suprise yourself. Dont waste the GFA.

Lokks like recovery stuff today for me. My ITB is a  bit sore but Im hopeful it will improve with a bit of a jog and stretching

04/02/2013 at 12:40

Hi guys! Back from a lovely weekend in the snow with some serious pampering thrown in. And yeah, you all guessed it: I fell off the wagon . Just a few beers but they tasted GREAT

10 easy miles this morning to settle back into a proper running week.

Well done O4S and FRC on your respective ultras  

Speed sheep: great to have you back with us.

Impressive fast and long running Barry, 2old, Minni, carrot and Freemers. Freemers, great speedwork too

AA: good to hear that calf is feeling better

Great HM time, Bro !!

Oompa: still a good 18 in the bank. Sometimes that faster stuff just isn't happening ...

Minni: glad you got MT sorted: I was a bit worried when I logged my run this morning and you were missing from the list!

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:40
04/02/2013 at 12:44
Freemers wrote (see)
So I won't see you at the Broadland Half then? 

I'll be there in a supporting capacity as GF will be there.

Brolish wrote (see)

Spoons- I'm only suggesting that you might enjoy some pampering every now and then!

Well the truth is I am lazy....

2.5km swim for me this morning

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:44
04/02/2013 at 12:58

Freemers - 800m intervals followed by a 21 lsr!!! & Minni - 20 lsr followed by 1400m intervals... Am i missing something??? I thought two hard days together was NAUGHTY AND BAD?

SS - I'm with 2old on this one, don't give up your gfa place... There's still a long way to go.

Rest day today but might hit the gym this evening?

Dubai Dave    pirate
04/02/2013 at 13:00

Been a bit busy around here but it is confirmed team DD will be back in Blighty around the 8th May. Have already been looking at marathon in Cornwall on the 19th, should be able to recover from that in time to cycle JOGLE on the 8th June. 

FRC: respect for the ultra

Bro: Nice 1/2

SS: Difficult call, in reality you have 9 weeks to get fit, so it depends where you are and given that clearly you can run 11 miles now, it should be doable.

Now the best bit of new circumstances is that I'm on gardening leave until May, no work but paid, Yahoooo. So cycled 55 miles in the wind this morning, club run tonight.

04/02/2013 at 13:03

I have now been able to put my targets in but cannot log my run from this morning.  I only get up at 5:30 for the sake of Janfuckingtastic!

2old - I feel a lot less tired now.

Great runs from Carrot and Freemers.  I have a feeling there are going to be a few of us all aiming for similar times from the green start.

Chick - glad you had a nice weekend of pampering.

Spoons - 2.5k swim - yeah very lazy.

Simon -  

I've got a really busy week with lots of late nights.

04/02/2013 at 13:04

DD - you lucky man!  Are you doing JOGLE yourself?  What is your route? ie Will you be passing through my homeland?

04/02/2013 at 13:32

Chick- welcome back!

DD- gardening leave... bliss!

3m recovery for me at lunchtime. Feels like my legs got a bit of hammering yesterday. Shins felt very tight. To think of it they felt very tight in the first couple of miles yesterday.  Not sure what that's all about.  

04/02/2013 at 14:09
Bro - excellent half. I've heard Watford is really hard. Reading will be easier.

Freemers - welcome back. Cracking couple of sessions at the weekend.

Carrot - great long run there.

DD - how lovely

SS - give it more time before you make your mind up. But keep training if you can.

9 miles for me this morning @8:45 pace. Nice and steady and calf was ok. (Thumbs up!)
04/02/2013 at 14:28

Oompa - I wouldn't normally have done intervals the day before my long run, just that I hadn't done any 'quality' work all week and felt the need

DD - lucky man

Minni - glad you're back in the team and hopefully they will actually let you log some runs soon

A nice easy 6 d&d this lunchtime. Lovely day out - still a bit blustery but the sun was shining at least and it was shorts and t-shirt weather for once.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 14:29
04/02/2013 at 14:47

who else is going Reading?  Is it just AA & Brol?  When is it?  I've got 4 weeks till my next HM.

Brol: you must have worked hard on those hills yesterday.  Don't worry about the shin pain - it will pass when you get your intervals and be replaced by something else hurting! 

I'll have to email MT and use the 'do you know who I am'  line and see if I can persuade them to let me log my runs this week. 

I've guessed with the longs runs and I'm already fretting about the race time for next month.

04/02/2013 at 14:58

Minni- Reading is on 17th March. I have a 10k to fret about before then (3rd March).

04/02/2013 at 15:14

Minni - I was also fretting about the race time for March. I have three races scheduled - a HM, 20 miler and 21 miler. The 20 and 21 will be easier to get close to a target as I've run them plenty of times before and know what my pacing strategy will be. The HM would be more challenging as it's a PB attempt but I don't really know whether than means a PB by 1 second or 1 minute or more, so wouldn't really know what time to put down.  Or I might throw in a YKW and use that. Decisions... .

So are MT saying that you've missed the deadline for setting this week's targets and so can't log any runs? I think you should just tell them that the deadline is ambiguous.  The wording on the website is that the targets for this month must be set "by 4 February" which to me means the 4th is the last day you can do them.  Like a "use by" date on food. 

04/02/2013 at 15:23

Chick-snow, beer and pampering are all good and so was that 10 miler

Spoons-lazy? You must be joking unless you swam that on your back with your eyes closed

Minni- Ive logged my run today so you must have been black balled. Maybe they cant believe someone runs that many times in a week...I dont. Liverpool Half for me not Reading

Bro-wonder if the boarding technique has something to do with the ongoing shin issues? Anyway hope it soon passes

AA-Good to see you are fixed with a symptom free 9 miler. When my calf went it seemed the end of the world and then it was ok.

Free-think you deserve that easy 6 after the last 2 sessions

8.2 miles easy at 7.55 pace.Felt I should have done more which probably means its a good thing I stopped.

04/02/2013 at 16:04

DD-never could see you gardening in a desert but dont make the obvious error we all would and overtrain

04/02/2013 at 16:20

I've dropped them an email.  Fingers crossed.

Freemers - I have two HMs in March but unfortunately they are only a week apart so not so good for having to attempts. 

Brolish - the thought of your 10k makes me feel  too!  I'm going to book one for the first week in April.   

04/02/2013 at 16:37

I have a 10k on 24 Feb, another one on March 17 and a half on April 1 . They all seem very soon all of the sudden ...

DD: gardening leave until May . You are one lucky sod!!

M.r Zuvai    pirate
04/02/2013 at 17:05

Minni – fingers crossed they’ve just got a tech issue and you’ll be fine

O4S – I’ve got an opposite opinion to everyone else! I would train for the ultra, and use VLM as a warm up – enjoy the crowds rather than fight them like we will have to!

Bro – Storming run on a difficult course – you’re flying at the moment!!

FRC – Smashing effort on the ultra!

2old – great mileage! You’re looking very strong – a good inspiration to the group!

Spoons – I really believe you’ve made the right decision – you’ll be much stronger in the long run (doesn’t make it any easier in the present :S ) At least your cycling and swimming will have you in good shape for that IM!!! :P

Freemers – im impressed at how well you maintain you’re training even when you’re away for work – it always messing my training up terribly!  

AA – Pleased your calf seems to be  clearing  - everyone needs to look after those niggles

DD – Congratulations on the recent bling – you’re a machine! Enjoy your time off – I bet you’ve a million lose ends to tie up for move day! Wiltshire is going to be such a culture shock!!

Oompa  - I have a similar view to you re LSR's – my LSR’s currently are much slower (+100sec) than PMP but now that ive got a few 20+ under my belt, and have built some endurance I’ll start picking the pace up to a bit closer to MP and have some sections at MP

Chick – hope you were spoilt!!

Barry – Great Hills! –it’s dead flat here so hills are the one thing missing in my week! :/

Ant – Nice progress!

SS – great to have you back!!

Simon – how is the foot feeling? Is it getting better?

Phew  - it’s exhausting keeping up with this thread – but I love it!! 

M.r Zuvai    pirate
04/02/2013 at 17:14

i had a cracking weekend!

Sat got up early to get the house work out the way, then caught the cricket in time to watch Steyn go bizerk against Pakistan (Red will understand) then got out for a nice long ride on my bike in the sun, it's been a while since i've ridden in the sun, its a lovely feeling! with a few miles off the back to turn it into a brick session, then to the pub to watch the rugby with friends accompanied with a few guinesses! then had a lovely meal with the girlfriend.

Sunday, was then LSR day, D is still training for her half marathon, so ran the first 10 with her at 11m/m (ouch!) then did another 12 miles at about 8.50 m/m. So all in all another time on feet run with 22 miles done in 3hr 40 ish

Feeling in a good position going into Feb; im comfortable with the base endurance i have and happy with the top end speed - now i just need to find some speed endurance of which i have none!!!

04/02/2013 at 17:43

I want to be on gardening leave as well. It's not fair!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.