RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,161 to 26,180 of 36,133 messages
05/02/2013 at 12:14

Zuvai -  Great time on feet run.

SS -  Good session and even better news on the calf.

10 miles slow for me this morning, legs grumbling for the first couple of miles after yesterdays session.

05/02/2013 at 12:20
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

one day you'll have the gents from this thread for company on the green start!

Surely red start is the place to be? Fast Good For Age

05/02/2013 at 13:17
Bro - well done for recovering so quick

I'm properly fatigued today and bunked off any run today let alone the intervals. Was planning Friday and Saturday off pre half but now - because of febsickofitulous - I will have to run a mile on Friday!!
05/02/2013 at 13:22

Afternoon all

DD-dont strain your back digging the sand

MrZ-next year join me at the FGFA section. There are no celebs there like the Green start but there are lots of 7stone weather beaten runners who happily talk about knocking out sub 3hour marathons in their sleep year after year.I feel intimidated  .

FRC-you'll be in the FGFA section too next year as you'll have no probs with the crowds .Thanks for the water tip though my easy run yesterday seemed to do the trick anyway. Good to see youve made a quick recovery from your ultra. I only wear my Welsh Dragon top for marathons so not sure what to wear on Sunday.--Ski jacket if it stays like this.I will let you have my race  no .

Simon- carry on punishing yourself on the Ergo and well done with Febtastic. Are you turning up on Sunday?

Bro-glad to see you have a shin solution. It is a very flat 10k but is likely to be very windy. I would like to go sub 40 but am not sure I have the pace after all the LRs amd MLRs.

SS-great to see you sticking with it.Nice session too

Barry- the slow stuff hurts the most but seems to do some good too.Good 10

Might swop my intervals for tempo later today

M.r Zuvai    pirate
05/02/2013 at 13:23

Spoons. wrote (see)
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

haha - i was thinking that once i had posted - by the time us slow coach men get there all the women will have up-sticks and moved to the red start!

mind you - does 2old hold a GFA?

edit; he just answered that! not just GFA but infact FGFA!

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 13:25
M.r Zuvai    pirate
05/02/2013 at 13:59

Minni / Brol - very interesting discussion on the Kier/PRF thread! a lot of sence being spoken my all - i do see what PRF is saying and thats been the logic behind the last 2 week's very slow time on feet runs.

that said i am looking forward to speeding them up somewhat and chucking in some MP sections!

05/02/2013 at 14:05
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

Spoons. wrote (see)
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)

haha - i was thinking that once i had posted - by the time us slow coach men get there all the women will have up-sticks and moved to the red start!

No - we'll have up sticks and moved to Blue - Champs start...keep up boys

Air con in gym broken down so my tempo run was rediculously hot. Cut it short by leaving off the c/d and just collapsing in a heap on the mat

05/02/2013 at 14:31

MrZ- its easier getting FGFA when your old...all of 5 mins! Where's the Kier thread? Sounds interesting. It may of interest but for VLM last year none-or very few of my LRs were under 8mins until March when I added progression or MP influenced by Minni and also I didnt do any intervals at all but did do a few tempo runs about 10 secs under MP. I look at Jan as endurance only, Feb as endurance with termpo and March as endurance plus tempo and speed.

Free - you lot have so many targets to aim for -Green-Champs etc.FGFA is about it though Im not complaining as when I first ran a mmarathon I never dreamt of getting near 3.10. Re air con breakdown-good practise for VLM in a heat wave -it has happened

M.r Zuvai    pirate
05/02/2013 at 14:40
05/02/2013 at 15:22

snow here too in the meantime  and it's forecast to get cold again. Sick of it . I ran in a torrential downpour this morning but a few hours later those giant raindrops turned into the most mahoosive snow flakes you've ever seen.

Freemers: sounds awful! I hate gyms at the best of times but with no air con??

2oldnever wrote (see)
Chick- I've got a 10 k on Sunday. Not really looking forward to it.
Is it ok to do my LR on Thursday to allow some recovery for Sunday.

there's always one that's worse off than yourself . At least I have another 2 weeks or so ...

05/02/2013 at 16:43
2old - Yes still planning to meet up at maddog on Sunday. If you've lost my mobile nbr, I can Pm it again for you, and I'll Pm FRC to.
05/02/2013 at 18:33
Simon- I've got your no so will get in touch on Sunday
Chick- enjoy the extra few days to your 10k if running in those conditions can ever be enjoyed.
MrZ- thanks for the link. Looks like I have been running LRs too fast and the other runs too slow. That's my VLM blown .
Went to the gym to do my tempo session and found I had forgotten my shorts. I had a choice run in my speedos or swim. Did 2k swim instead .. bet you dedicated tri guys DD and MrZ would have done the run ! My plan for the week is falling apart already.
05/02/2013 at 19:52
2old - I remember at school, if you forgot your shorts for sport, they made you do it in your under crackers, no excuses. You should of done that!
05/02/2013 at 19:57

Decided to do the intervals tonight as I am out both tonight and tomorrow evening [one work. one pleasure].  8 x 600m with 200m recovery.  Did a 1.5 mile warm-up then set off on the reps, having measured tham out on the only flat road near us.  I was able to do 2 intervals and one recovery before hitting a hill , so repeated the stretch 4 times, twice in each direction.  Sadly it was in the exact direction of the gale force wind, so first two reps evil, next two relatively easy, repeat!  It rained and I had to dodge a couple of pavement cyclists and a couple of pathetic teenage boys whose comments were feeble even by their own low standards - unfortunately the nature of the session meant I had to pass them three times as they very slowly slouched along.

Cool down and stretch with the adductors complaining loudly and the hamstrings keeping up a background grumble

05/02/2013 at 19:59

Lol 2old.  You should have gone on the TM in your speedos!

I've been on the FGFA twice.  Its small and you don't have to queue for so long for the loos and you are over the line in 2 seconds.  But, I love the buzz of the green start and we always have such fun.  Freemers is right though, the Blue Championship will be the place to be next year for us ladies.   We'd soon lower the tone over there!

Yes interesting chat on slow runs over on the serious thread. 

05/02/2013 at 20:01

Brolish - I want (need) to learn some Polish.  Will you teach me a word a day?

05/02/2013 at 21:11

Evening All, some great runs going on and it looks like the racing season is starting up again.

I'm so glad I joined Team Minni on Marathon Talk as it has kept me running 6 days a week for the last month. Whilst on holiday(3 weeks ago) I managed to do 6x 1mile runs which I would never of done and carried on training once back.

Bro- Did I just read that whilst you were on holiday you did a few long runs and managed to run over 50miles???? You are one determined lady.

DD- Well done in the Dubai marathon. What will you be aiming for in the Abingdon marathon or is it too early to say? I've also got a place, did you get a place 2old?

I'm still doing a tempo run and a speed session with my club each week plus a long and medium run and 2 recovery runs by myself weekly, I'm not sure if I'm getting faster/slower so I will have to wait until the end of the month for a 10k race yikes.

SS- nice to see you back

Minni- Halo

05/02/2013 at 21:26

Back from the gym. 30 minutes elyptical  30 minutes rower  30 minutes weights with the beefcakes 

M.r Zuvai    pirate
05/02/2013 at 21:35

^ serious endurance spoons   

nice to see you Gazelle!

10 miles for me tonight: 2m WU, 6m tempo (averaging 6:48mm), 2m CD 

05/02/2013 at 22:15
Simon, what school did you go to that they made you do p.e n your undercrackers?! You can just imagine what today's pc bridgade would have to say about that!

Mr Z - nice tempo pace.

Spoons - do some classes at the gym - will be less boring for you.

S.S - I'm only spinning 2-3 times a week and yes am slowly coming back to fitness off the injury bench, spin has kept me sane while trying to avoid running but build myglute muscles up!

Slow jog last night and calf was fine, spun again tonight.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.