RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,321 to 26,340 of 37,584 messages
09/02/2013 at 09:46
DD - Great tri report, another podium place.
Edited: 09/02/2013 at 09:55
09/02/2013 at 10:59

Mornin' All,

DD - Great report and result. You must be getting sore quads from climbing up onto the podium by now.

KFC - Well done for getting your 14 done.

5 mile xc race on Wimbledon Common, followed by a 5 mile c/d in the snow this afternoon!  

Hopefully the snow will stop before tomorrow's 20, as i can't face that on the dm!!!

09/02/2013 at 11:05
DD - the gardening life suits you. Well done!

I'm going to the xc this afternoon. It seems my desire to be with my family is one sides since they've all gone out for the day (in different directions)anyway!! Lol.

3 mile run with the dog done then 7-8 this afternoon.
09/02/2013 at 11:20

Hello Shildonrunner and welcome

DD - another awsome result, well done!

Good luck for the cross country races today Oompa and Minni!

09/02/2013 at 11:25

Carrot - just read about your quad tear - hope it clears up soon!

09/02/2013 at 12:01

Carrot, I hope your physio is helping, poor you!  Keep going with those lunges.  And the foam roller.  And the wine...

Freemers, Ant, the floatation pool was amazing   Sooooooo relaxing.....  Ant, nice tempo run and great to hear your calf/achilles is behaving.  Free, fab intervals!!!  Also, loving the idea of a forum outing.  I'm in the UK in September as I have a university reunion the weekend of 21st so if we can organise something for the weekend before or after, I would be well up for that.

2old, the head's doing fine thanks!  It was a bit fuzzy when I woke up, but a 3 mile recovery jog sorted that out nicely.

Cheerful Dave, I think I can safely say I'll never make the FGFA start!!!

Red, I hope you're hanging on in there and you're recovering well!

Minni, thanks so much for the Shaggy update.  I hope you sorted out your family/XC committments OK.

Gazelle, have a great time in the spa on Monday .  Don't worry, 12 miles is further than I've run so far 

Brolish, nice lunchtime timekeeping .  Sorry about the Royal Parks Half, that's a shame.

Chick, Medoc is on my list for 2014!!  That should be a great year to do it as it's the 30th anniversary, apparently!  Good luck with your miles this weekend.

Weeble, well done on your first Febulous run 

FRC, good to see you getting back to normal post-ultra.

Simon, really sorry to hear your heel is still troubling you.  Keep going with the cross training and let's hope for some good news.

DD, what an amazing tri that sounds!!  Nicely done, sir 

Easy day for me, 3 mile recovery run.  Beautiful day, enjoyed a slow pace today to soak up some rays .  

09/02/2013 at 13:15
DD- cracking tri ,that was a fast final run after superb swim and bike. Bet your adrenaline was flowing with that short time to get ready and your head in the right place. Brilliant podium place. To follow that with such is fast 20 k is amazing. I'd want a day in bed to recover. Sorry wont be joining you and Gaz at Abo but it clashes with family requirements.
FRC- I rested yesterday but may do a little run to loosen up later. Very disappointing about Liverpool Marsthon. It was a very good route with impressive sights and support. Can't believe the lack of vision on the part of the Council. Glad I did it last year. Looks like Chester for me though it is a bit early in October.
Spoons- think my OH would like me to use your training regime...packed!
SS- always good to have the odd easy day
Minni- Oomp- have fun in the mud with your X country races
KFC- I admire your determination to get that LR done. Don't think you need to worry about fitness with those hikes uphill. Buy a lift pass next time !
Bro-crap not getting in to the Royal Parks HM.
Oomps- why not tag on 14 after the Xcountry and make it a LR today and you can laugh at the snow tomorrow
Signed up for the Great North Swim on 15th June. Hope its not cancelled like last year
Trouble when you have rest days is that the previous weeks training seems to catch up. Feeling very lethargic with all sorts of aches. Can you have a one and a half day taper madness?
09/02/2013 at 13:48
DD - amazing tri and then the run next day

Kfc - well done managing to get the long run in.

Spoons - i ran my first parkrun this morning so thanks as without guys like you these events wouldnt happen.

Oompa - good session

Kiwi - hi.

I took part in my first parkrun today at sedgefield flat 2 lap course with just a hill at the end of each. Got round in 22 mins followed by 9 mile steady home which proved hard last 4 miles.

Carrot - spoke to a few club members this morning and i think shildon parkrun is not happening or so im told.
Edited: 09/02/2013 at 13:49
09/02/2013 at 14:05

congrats DD . I love it when a race clicks like that. As for the 20k

kfc: the hiking/skiing sounds very enjoyable.

congrats on the 5k, shildon - we used to call them ykw on here because most of us hate shorter distance races (well the girls anyway)

you iz a proper beefcake now, Spoons

Oomps: crossing my fingers for the snow to disappear. 20m on the treadie is beyond my imagination . Hope the xc goes well, same for Minni's

speed sheep: Medoc 2014 sounds like a plan . I reckon this year may be sold out anyway.

Right, 14 and a bit done. Went offroad and ran veeery slowly, enjoying some birdwatching in the process. It was lovely. Feel fresh, almost like I haven't run, so all should be good for tomorrow's 20.

09/02/2013 at 15:20
Nice 5km Shildon.

Sounds like a lovely 14 today Chick + you're doing 20 tmrw, wow!

Ran for an hour today, only did 6 miles but first hour long run since May last year so feeling very happy! Now to survive a night on the champagne celebrating a friend's promotion + still make it to spin at 9:45am tmrw .......
Edited: 09/02/2013 at 15:20
09/02/2013 at 15:56
DD - well done on a great tri and podium position.

Carrot - hope quad tear is ok and improving quickly for you.

Oomps, minni - enjoy your xc today.

Shildon - nice YKW with 9 miles tagged on.

O4S - hope your 30 went well.

Kiwi - that's excellent news. Enjoy this evening!

2old - good luck with your 10k tomorrow.

I'm feeling all lethargic too today...
09/02/2013 at 16:09

DD - Congrats on the podium position and  recovery run this morning.

kfc  -   Good endurance work.

Shildon -  Nice Parkrun with decent follow up miles.

Kiwi -  Well done on the 6 miles.

I'm feeling impatient today just want to get on with it.  Good luck to racers.

09/02/2013 at 16:13

75 minutes on the turbo done followed by some core work

09/02/2013 at 17:21
AA- Barry- I know what you mean- lethargic. Good luck tomorrow
Shielding - very nice 5k there as part f a longer session
Kiwi- it's time on feet not speed that matters in the long run. Well done
Chick- good bit of ornothology today ...enjoy your LR tomorrow
Suffering watching Wales ...should be used to it after all these years.
09/02/2013 at 18:07

Quick check in.  Definitely made the right decision to do the XC today. 

Did 3 this morning with the dog (and because I need to do a double today for Febulous) and felt slow and tired. 

Arrived at the XC with only half an hour before the start so immediately went into warm up and ran some on the course.  Couple of tasty hills in there.  The weather was quite still but cold.  The start was delayed and delayed and I kept doing loops to try to keep warm but it wasn't easy - nipped off and got my gloves.

Finally off.  Started in second or third row and was happy to let people go off.  Since I was feeling tired I'd decided I wasn't going to push it as I still have my 20 to do tomorrow. 

First hill came and I started to pass people.  One of those hills that was just a bit too long and a bit too steep to feel comfortable but I felt ok.  Down the other side and still passing people.  Through lots of mud but felt I was making good ground -  I was passing lots of people but there still seemed to be a lot ahead of me.  Second hill came and I felt really strong going up it and passed a couple of people then two who were running side by side didn't want to let me past.  But they made a mistake - one of them obviously wanted to show me she could run faster and pulled away from her friend, giving me room to weave around them.  

Around past the start and onto the second lap.  The first of the fast group passed me on the descent and by this time I was almost running on my own, apart from a skirt ahead.  Yes, a skirt.  I think a touch of testosterone kicked in and I thought no one in a skirt is going to beat me  so gradually caught up with her and tried to kick a bit of mud as I passed.    Second fast lady came past - there's no way you can catch them (I found out later that the first one is a pro triathlete ).  Just before the last hill a speedy one from my club caught up, quick chat and went on.  Almost finished - I just needed to hang on but to be honest I didn't feel as if I was dying so it was fine.  Into the finish straight and a quick glance behind showed nobody was going to catch so cruised in.  8th place overall (the club got 5th, 8th & 24th and that has moved us from 5th to 2nd place in the league).  4 miles 28:35.  I didn't even realise I was so far up so it was a lovely surprise. 

09/02/2013 at 18:56
How did Brol & Oompa get on today?

Good luck to AA and Barry in the HM tomorrow and 2old in the 10k.
09/02/2013 at 19:00

Great work Minni, the speedy one from your club wasn't that far ahead of you....

Well done on your parkrun debut Shildon.  Hackworth is definitely going ahead, there's a few trial runs over the coming weeks before the 'go live' in March.

Simon - I bet he never has any quad pain after a run

Impressive Tri-ing as always DD, sounds like it was much more enjoyable than a marathon.

I did an easy run this morning without so much as a niggle.  So far, so good.  Having spoke to a few others who have visited the same physio, he really knows his stuff and gets people up and running again as soon as he can.  I'm still quite surprised at how my quad just feels normal now, if anything just my glutes are aching a bit from the hundreds of lunges I've done over the last few days (see, us runners do have weak glutes) I really hope it's OK, I've got a relay race next Saturday.

Looking forward to more race reports

09/02/2013 at 19:14
DD great result in the tri, and super fast 20k. Not tempted to find a marathon soon?

Chic, nice 14 m & 20 planned tomorrow? All of you could easily do an ultra with the training back to back, LDWA forum event meet up with tons of food & cake then beer?

Minni nice XC.

Brol, not traveling at the moment are you? Noticed there was storm warnings in New York so...

Mr Z - sent you a PM. Go check. Important

Race report for Thames Trot ultra last weekend., click here. it's not that long but saves me pasting it in. Photos too.

Good luck to AA & Barry tomorrow, I'm meeting up with 2old & Simon at the 10k hopefully.

2old. The week of Carra announcing retirement, oh and tomorrow is the 100 year anniversary of Captain Scotts death being announced so expecting great things. Think spirit of 2005 Istanbul whilst you run and don't get lost
09/02/2013 at 19:20

Good news Carrot

well done Minni

09/02/2013 at 19:47
FRC- and if Wales can win in France then anything is possible. Thanks for the support. See you and Simon tomorrow all being well . Parking at Stanley School then 3-4 mile warm up. No running today? Will have a look at your ultra report later.
Minni- loved the race report especially not wanting to be beaten by a skirt! We can see how the weeks of training are benefiting you in terms of strength and confidence. Think what you'll be like end of March ! Great result too. Youll enjoy your LR after that. Thanks for tomorrow
Spoons - what did you watch/ listen to during that turbo session to keep you sane ?
Carrot- pleased to see things looking positive
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.