RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,341 to 26,360 of 37,338 messages
09/02/2013 at 19:57
Chickadee - lol I would agree. Good run today and hopefully same tomorrow.

Kiwi - well done with your run

Carrot - cant believe the hierachy at my club don't know whats goin on in their own back yard. I will keep them informed lol.

Minni - nice run and nice commentary.

Good luck to all for tomorrows LSR's and races
09/02/2013 at 21:02

Loved your report Minni, especially the image of you chasing down the skirt.

Great result with the Tri DD. You'll miss that kind of open water swim when you're back in the UK!

Carrot sounds positive with the quad, looks like you may have caught it just in time after all.

Spoons did I see you were out of Brighton? Are you tempted to volunteer? I got the email last week and am considering it as it's quite easy for me to get down on the morning.

Welcome Shildon btw.

Epic if soggy report FRC. Can't quite imagining muttering "only a marathon to go" and it being motivating!

"Long" run today and yoga, for the first time in about 15 years. I don't really get it but did feel quite chilled after so I'm going to give it a go for a bit.

09/02/2013 at 21:32

Weeble - I'll check it out. I've booked a hotel so I'm there anyway. I had thought I'd just have a party weekend instead!

2old - I was watching Dave Grohl's Sound City documentary on the iPad with my cordless headphones. 

09/02/2013 at 21:35
Minnie - Great report and massive congrats on 8th.

My xc was a 3.00 kick-off and I got there with about 15 mins in hand. Quick warm-up and we were off.
Started in the middle of the pack to see 1) how I felt, and 2) to let others be the Guinea Pigs through the quagmire that was once Wimbledon Common.
Felt nice and comfortable, despite the conditions, so it was a bit of a shock when the Garmin showed the first mile at 6.45!
Second mile was the most atrocious mudfest that I've ever seen and at one point there was at least 10 fast lads stopped, trying to either recover their spike from the mud, or get it back on! Still felt good and despite the mud and a sharp hill, managed 7.26.
Started to reel in the fast start brigade and was really comfortable, which was a bit frustrating as if it wasn't so muddy and flooded (there was pretty much one line through a lot of the course), I'm sure that I could have gone quite a bit quicker.
Into the second lap and ticked off the third mile (6.59) and I was passing runners that had whooped my arse at the last xc race. Fourth mile was 6.55 and the last 7.15, and I can honestly say that I was barely out of breath at the finish, so it's good to know the endurance side of things is getting there... Just need more speed!!!!
Total time - 35.21... Car has a lovely layer of silt in it... I bloody love x-country!
09/02/2013 at 21:47
... Forgot to mention the nice big spike hole i've now got just above my ankle... Ahh, takes me back to school athletics... Happy days!

Chick - Can't believe I missed the 14 you did today and the planned 20 tomorrow on your earlier post... Wow!
09/02/2013 at 22:27
Oompa - well done! Sounds like you had a great race. I bet that spike hurt.

Good luck tomorrow racers. Don't be shit!
Dubai Dave    pirate
10/02/2013 at 04:53

Morning

Minni: Nice racing & report , I'm looking forward to doing XC

Oompa: See above!

Carrot: Good news on the injury

FRC: Would love to do a marathon but aint going to happen.

2Old/ AA / Barry: Good luck today

O4S: Enjoy your 30 miles.

Off for a spin on the bike in a bit, the joys of the (paid) unemployed

10/02/2013 at 05:59
Morning folks

Minni/oompa - great reports and well done. It's bloody tough xc running.

Chick - hope your 20 goes well after yesterday.

Minni - ditto.

DD - have fun on the bike.

2old- go smash that 10k

Barry - see you soon! We are predicted rain this morning. Fingers crossed for no wind.
10/02/2013 at 06:32

Shildon, great effort on your first parkrun!  I love them, well, what I should say is I love the idea of them and the ethos behind them - I don't love running them!!!

Chick, I'm in awe of your mileage this weekend, that's probably more than I've run all week .  I shall total up later on today after LSR.  Medoc 2014 it is then 

Kiwi, yay!  Congrats on the hour!!  I know exactly how you feel, so enjoy it.  Sounds like champagne all round for you guys then!  I hope you make it to spin...

AA, Barry, 2old, Simon, FRC - race well today 

Spoons, must try and get that Dave Grohl documentary, love him!  Great turbo, btw.

Minni, brilliant racing, great report!!!  Sounds like you were on fire, achieved a great result and, most importantly, had lots of fun 

Carrot, yay!!  That sounds like it's all heading in the right direction.

FRC, wow, that sounded like a real endurance test!!  Great running, though, especially when you weren't confident of even making it to the finish.

Oompa, well done for surviving the mudfest and kicking some butt!

LSR for me later on today, a mere 13 miles but I'm creeping up...  I am NOT going to get my Garmin head on like last week.  I will take it merely as a guide, I will listen only for the mile beeps and I will run on feel.  If nothing else, OH does not deserve another Sunday evening like last week's, bless him, with me wanting to jack VLM in.  Positive mental attitude 

10/02/2013 at 07:24

Oompa - sounds like fun. Except the spike!

I'm getting on my mountain bike in a minute to do bike support on GFs LSR. Will gym later. 

10/02/2013 at 08:08

Kiwi - great to see you out running and enjoying it.  I bet you make a great comeback.  Look at Freemers.  You must have maintained your fitness really well through all the x training and it'll just be a case of getting used to running again.

Spoons/weeble - don't let the side down at Brighton: head for the pub for a booze marathon. 

Weeble - hope you've settled into your new home.

Chick - enjoy the 20.  34 in the weekend - phew, good going.

Carrot - the fast lady from the club yesterday has been out due to injury and she wore quad guards under her shorts yesterday.  She said they were really helping - might be worth considering?

SS - hope the 13 goes well.

Good luck racers - I iz excited for yous!

10/02/2013 at 08:15

Ant - will you enable your messages - I want to send you a private message!

10/02/2013 at 09:21
SS - just off shortly to meet up with FRC and 2old at the Maddog 10k. I'm just part of the support crew though. FRC's OH is racing and 2old. It's wet, coldish, but not much wind.
10/02/2013 at 12:21

Ooooo - Minni loves Ant

Just done 2.5 hours on the mountain bike. My fingers and toes have lost all feeling due to being frozen. Other than that it was fine. Off to the gym after lunch.

10/02/2013 at 12:40
Just clocking in. Great to meet up with Barry before the race and then briefly afterwards so he could stand there freezing cold and show me how to see what time I did on my watch!
Anyway - race report later. Wokingham Half - 1:30.26 properly chuffed to bits with that. And to be honest....shocked!!

Hope 2old got on ok.
10/02/2013 at 12:53
As I've already said to you AA, very well done! It's just simply brilliant; such a fast time after all your whinging about being tired and a sore calf.

You've set a new marker for us girls and taken the pink.

Can't wait for Barry's check in.

And 2old.

It's a great weekend for the thread. Feel very proud of everyone.
10/02/2013 at 13:13

That's awesome AA well done. Why all the whinging then?

10/02/2013 at 13:21
AA - fantastic HM really fast. Sub 90 next time. Well done
Brief details. Failed miserably to go sub 40 but did 40.21 which on reflection was my second fastest ever. 96th out over 2000 runners and 10th in age group. Highlight was meeting Simon and FRC - Ta for the coffee and cake !!! Apart from running into the wind for the last half mile conditions were pretty good . Really well organised event.
Hope everyone else had great races and runs
Now to feed the menagerie
10/02/2013 at 13:35
Well done 2old. Great time and great position. Going under 40 means nothing to your marathon time and that's what we measure in here and you are the fastest in that department!
10/02/2013 at 13:57

AA - congrats that is a fab shiny new pb

2Old - great race and placing from you too!

SS - 13 miles is great on a comeback, nice to see the miles building back up isn't it? I ran the start of one of my marathon routes yesterday, had missed those country lanes!

Must confess to not making it to spin this morning, didn't get to bed till 2am, did get up at 8am and have porridge with Mr Kiwi but crawled back to bed when he left for the gym, just couldn't face it, am such a lightweight in the drinking areana, lol!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.