RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,421 to 26,440 of 36,153 messages
11/02/2013 at 12:32

Get well soon Chickadeee

Dubai Dave wrote (see)

Spoons; get better gloves 

I can't believe you even own a pair of gloves, riding round the desert!

11/02/2013 at 13:07

Wow wow wow - amazing racing over the weekend!!! 

AA / Barry - brilliant times from the HM...AA, you really have moved the bar up for us ladies . If I can get within a couple of minutes of that in my next HM (5 weeks away) I'll be over the moon!

Minni / Oompa - nicely done on the XC. I'm still not tempted to try it...

2old - great 10k, and I'm sure you can knock off those pesky 21 seconds next time

Shildon - excellent Parkrun debut there

DD - yet another great tri result

O4S - what can I say - amazing stuff and a great report

I know I'll have missed someone - sorry, not had enough time to catch up properly.

Chick / Red - get well soon both of you.

I had a fairly unsatisfactory 20 miler yesterday - felt tired and sluggish even at 8.45 pace. Was originally looking at 22 but I'm glad I cut a bit off the route and went for the 20. I was having a serious case of CNBA and I think if it wasn't for Febulous I might have phoned OH to come and pick me up after about 12-13 miles.  I'm cutting back to 15 next Sunday and I think that will do me some good. The following two weekends I have 20 mile races and planning on doing one of them at TMP, or at least a good chunk of it so I want to feel fresh.

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 13:08
11/02/2013 at 13:21

Oompa and Minni- well done on your xc. Any more this season?

Minni- Whatever happend to 9mm on your LSR?

Carrot- glad to hear the physio sorted you out. Great 18 miler yesterday.

O4S- I can't even begin to imagine running 30m in this weather. Hope you've defrosted and recovered.

KFC- catching a heli lift- check you out! Sounds fab.

Red- defo not a good idea running with a chest infection. Hope you're on the mend soon.

Ant- 13m on DM is more than I could every master. Well done.

SS- hope the calf is ok. Like others said, do not worry about the speed for now.  You will get there.

Chick- hope you get better soon!

Free- that's another 20 in the bag at a very decent pace. Well done for not bailing out.

11/02/2013 at 13:30

My xc on Saturday was probably the most challenging I've done so far in terms of how hilly it was- I actually felt physically sick a few times- pure joy! Ended up with the best position yet in the Surrey League although nowhere near the top. That's me done with xc for this season- phew!

3m recovery planned for today and much needed. The legs got a bit of a beating...

11/02/2013 at 15:09

O4S -   Inspiring but mad, 13 miles was more than enough in yesterday's weather.

Red -  Take a break from running if it's a chest infection.

Zuvai -  Great weekends x training.

AA -  As your times come down you will get the confidence and hopefully more mental strength.  Drowned rat photos from Wokingham are online.

Chick -  Get well soon, don't rush back if you are still feeling rough.

Freemers  -  Don't be too hard on yourself,  still 20 miles bagged.

Taking a rest day today as  my right calf is niggly. Off to Blackpool tonight so will try and fit  a run in by the sea tomorrow.

11/02/2013 at 15:56

hi everyone, hope the training is going well..

i want to knock 15 mins off my time from last year's Brighton Marathon - this would give me 3hr30. In terms of pacing strategy for on the day, shall i just take the pace i recorded for each mile last year and deduct 35 secs off each mile? seems logical?

And do all the necessary training obviously!

11/02/2013 at 16:20

Brol - That was the last xc this season. Which club do you run for as we (Lingfield RC) are in the Surrey League also? 

11/02/2013 at 16:28

Oompa- Hercules Wimbledon. I must say that after Dorking on Saturday I'm feeling rather  about it being the last one!

Hi Luca. To run 3.30 mara you need to run at under 8m/m or 5m/km. The general consensus is to try to run even splits (unless it's a hilly course) although most non elite runners will slow down at least a little bit in the last few miles. Which mara are you doing?  Do you have a half mara planned beforehand?

11/02/2013 at 16:39

Hi Brolish - Im doing Brighton again, hence why i thought following the same pacing pattern (minus 35 secs/mile) might be an idea (accounts for gradient changes etc - not that its hilly at all!).

I may sign up for Longleat Half (10 March), but may awat that weekend. but i have half marathon distances in my training plan in any case

11/02/2013 at 16:49

Luca- it's a good idea to do a half 4-5 weeks before the mara to get a better idea of what to aim for. There's no point plucking a target out of thin air- it may well be over or under ambitious. Running the same distance in training is not the same, you will never be able to push yourself as much as you do in race conditions. What are you other pbs- 10k/ half mara?

11/02/2013 at 16:55

yes this is a fair point - you cant replicate race day in training.

best 10k - brighton - 44mins - Nov 2011

best half marathon - Bath - 1hr 42 - March 2012

11/02/2013 at 17:03
Luca - what Brol said. You really should be looking at a slightly faster HM to aim for a sub 3:30 marathon. (Although I ran 3:31 off a 1:41 half back in the day) What was your pacing like at Bath? How many long runs have you got in so far?
11/02/2013 at 17:11

hi minni - my pacing was a bit off in Bath - i went out too quick i think, and had to slow at the end.

i had an injury in early january but last four weekends ive done 8, 10, 12 and 14 miles - between 8:30 and 9 min/mi - plenty of work to do still but feeling stronger each time!

11/02/2013 at 18:19

Wow, well done to all the racers at the weekend Being female, I applaud AA'S performance, can you pass me your training plan please. What was your previous PB?

Carrot- Well done on your 18miles pain free. Will you keep up the lunges?

So how many of us are going to try for a sub 3:15 marathon this year? Looks like a lot will make it by the end of spring.

O4S- 30miles in yesterdays weather, hats off to you.

Zuvai- Congrads on the best man role.

Chick- get well soon

Freemers- Well done for sticking it out and carrying on.

Luca- Welcome, what training plan are you following?

I went out to do 5miles slow yesterday just to add mileage, I got bored by 2.5miles so decided to put in one mile at MP, I looked at my watch and I was hitting 7:02mm so quickly decided to change MP to 10k pace which I kept up for 1 mile, I was quite impressed until I have just looked at everyone's mile splits from the weekend! I might just of hit HMP 

11/02/2013 at 18:23
Freemers - well done with the 20. The fact that you wanted to quit at12 then ran another 8 shows great resolve.

Again some really excellent training runs and races this weekend. Lots of pb's for you guys in april hopefully.

10 mile run at stupid o clock this morning (6.15). Bit sluggish after 3 heavyish days mileage previous but 8.15s average. Rest day tomorrow.
11/02/2013 at 19:32
Redwood - will you enable your messages please!
11/02/2013 at 20:46

O4S, tough and crazy in equal measures. Well done for finishing and great report. I can really picture it despite having done nothing like that.

Chick, get well soon. Poor you.

Freemers, well done on another 20 in the bag. Hope the slight cutback does the trick in restoring your energy.

Messages on now.

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 20:47
11/02/2013 at 21:50
Shildon - Sorry to disappoint you, but on this thread 06:15 is a positive lie in. With Minni/Chick doing runs starting at 4: something, you need to do a 20miler at 3am to get noticed here!

Luca - Welcome, don't listen to anything I say, I know nothing, but others can point you in the right direction.
11/02/2013 at 21:58
Free- it's another 20 bagged and will be tough at this stage so you have every reason to be positive about it
Shild- good solid 10 miler
Luca- welcome.. Listen to these guys , they know their stuff... They'll get you sub3.30
Bro- it gets easy now your x country is over
Gutted by the Reds woeful performance tonight. One positive is that I didn't go as I planned and so ran instead-just under 17 miles at 7.59mm av. -A long MLR?Should have kept going and my febrastic LR would have been out of the way.
11/02/2013 at 22:16
Shildon- don't listen to Simon , only a few very crazy ones run at those times. Tough guys need their sleep!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.