RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,421 to 26,440 of 37,196 messages
11/02/2013 at 17:11

hi minni - my pacing was a bit off in Bath - i went out too quick i think, and had to slow at the end.

i had an injury in early january but last four weekends ive done 8, 10, 12 and 14 miles - between 8:30 and 9 min/mi - plenty of work to do still but feeling stronger each time!

11/02/2013 at 18:19

Wow, well done to all the racers at the weekend Being female, I applaud AA'S performance, can you pass me your training plan please. What was your previous PB?

Carrot- Well done on your 18miles pain free. Will you keep up the lunges?

So how many of us are going to try for a sub 3:15 marathon this year? Looks like a lot will make it by the end of spring.

O4S- 30miles in yesterdays weather, hats off to you.

Zuvai- Congrads on the best man role.

Chick- get well soon

Freemers- Well done for sticking it out and carrying on.

Luca- Welcome, what training plan are you following?

I went out to do 5miles slow yesterday just to add mileage, I got bored by 2.5miles so decided to put in one mile at MP, I looked at my watch and I was hitting 7:02mm so quickly decided to change MP to 10k pace which I kept up for 1 mile, I was quite impressed until I have just looked at everyone's mile splits from the weekend! I might just of hit HMP 

11/02/2013 at 18:23
Freemers - well done with the 20. The fact that you wanted to quit at12 then ran another 8 shows great resolve.

Again some really excellent training runs and races this weekend. Lots of pb's for you guys in april hopefully.

10 mile run at stupid o clock this morning (6.15). Bit sluggish after 3 heavyish days mileage previous but 8.15s average. Rest day tomorrow.
11/02/2013 at 19:32
Redwood - will you enable your messages please!
11/02/2013 at 20:46

O4S, tough and crazy in equal measures. Well done for finishing and great report. I can really picture it despite having done nothing like that.

Chick, get well soon. Poor you.

Freemers, well done on another 20 in the bag. Hope the slight cutback does the trick in restoring your energy.

Messages on now.

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 20:47
11/02/2013 at 21:50
Shildon - Sorry to disappoint you, but on this thread 06:15 is a positive lie in. With Minni/Chick doing runs starting at 4: something, you need to do a 20miler at 3am to get noticed here!

Luca - Welcome, don't listen to anything I say, I know nothing, but others can point you in the right direction.
11/02/2013 at 21:58
Free- it's another 20 bagged and will be tough at this stage so you have every reason to be positive about it
Shild- good solid 10 miler
Luca- welcome.. Listen to these guys , they know their stuff... They'll get you sub3.30
Bro- it gets easy now your x country is over
Gutted by the Reds woeful performance tonight. One positive is that I didn't go as I planned and so ran instead-just under 17 miles at 7.59mm av. -A long MLR?Should have kept going and my febrastic LR would have been out of the way.
11/02/2013 at 22:16
Shildon- don't listen to Simon , only a few very crazy ones run at those times. Tough guys need their sleep!
11/02/2013 at 22:55
AA- not impressed with your negativity after such a brilliant HM. You have what it takes to go sub 3.15 and you will do it. If you feel you aren't doing the mileage you need ,maybe you could top it up with some cycling or , in current weather , turbo or spinning. These are non impact too. I've seen it done by others and just think how it will benefit your half IM in September! Sermon over sorry

O4S- what a race report.!!Whoever designed that course is one very mean sadistic sob designed for exceptional masochists . Quitting was never an option when really you should have gone home and watched the rugby. Brilliant. A real inspiration . Question - what normal person would volunteer to do that?
Dubai Dave    pirate
12/02/2013 at 05:48

Morning

2Old: Can't stop laughing re Liverpool, I'm sure your run was more fun than watching

Spoons: I do have two very nice pairs of winter cycling gloves, in fact i have all the winter gear I've been collecting in readiness.

Shildon: 0615 is a lie in, there are those on here for whom 0430 is not unusual, if I waited until 0615 in the summer I would fry.

O4S: Absolutely nuts, I love running but ... there are limits.

Off for a splash then a spin, tired legs yesterdays 3 hours on the bike followed by a one hour tempo run has just about cooked me.

12/02/2013 at 06:06

(((O4S))), massively warm hugs to you.  What an effort.

AA, I know exactly what you mean about confidence, mine is all over the place right now.  But as you correctly point out, this mob help enormously so who knows what is possible .  Keep it as an aim, keep on doing the training and see where you get to and maybe one day your head will wake up to what your body's achieving!

Chick, oh no!  I hope you're feeling better now.  And thank you so much for sharing your 10m/m-to-3:30 experience, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better!  That gives me hope for Dubai next year.  I just have to keep on telling myself that this is an opportunity in itself, to see how I get on going from zero to hero in 15ish weeks.

Great mental toughness, Free!!

Brolish, I hope your legs are feeling better after the XC.  Congrats on your PB placing 

Hi Luca.  Listen to the dudes on here - they know what they're talking about.

DD, enjoy your splashing and spinning!

I am going to try some sort of tempo-type session again today.  As last week's tentative exploration of 5x5@8m/m on the TM felt relatively easy, I'm going to try 3x10 and see how that goes...

12/02/2013 at 06:25
Simon/DD - its a bit early for me but I do like a challenge so watch this space.

2old - as a fellow red I agree with you. Just when you think weve turned a corner its back to square one.

Luca - hi good luck with brighton. Take the advice off these guys.
12/02/2013 at 07:40
2old - thank you. I know I need to sort my cycling out so maybe I can combine a bit of both. Did you seriously run 17m after your 10k yesterday??

Chick - how you feeling today?

Luca - welcome.

I still have DOMS...
12/02/2013 at 08:10

AA: you were brilliant - you are entitled to a week of DOMS.  I will have to curtesy [spelling?] when I see you on Sunday.

2old: and you think I am mad??  Actually the course is probably rather nice in a dry spell................

SS:  thanks for the warmth sent this way, I still feel cold just thinking about Sunday.  Good luck with the tempo, sounds like you are on the way back

DD:  once you are back here we will soon convert you, just wait and see!

Carrot:  great news on the quad, super fast recovery!

Barry: didn't really spot your brilliant time on Sunday I was so bowled over by AA's PB.  Fantastic run in those conditions.

Came down with a nasty cough last night which kept me awake half the night.  Now seems to be developing nicely.  Did a short run this morning just in case it gets worse, need to get one on the board for this week.

12/02/2013 at 09:04

Thanks for the pick-me-ups yesterday - I know not every run can feel great and it's always good to share the highs and lows with you lot! I had a much better run yesterday - progressive paced 10k on the TM, starting at 8.30 pace and ending at 7.20 pace. Felt so much better than the day before 

O4S - another one with the lurgy, this is not good...take it easy.

Luca - welcome to the thread! I'd agree with others in that you probably should be looking at a slightly faster HM to target 3.30, but it's all in the right direction for a good PB anyway

AA - you earned those doms

12/02/2013 at 09:20

AA- I would take your DOMS any day if I could run 1:30. Hope you recover quickly.

SS- good luck with your tempo.

O4S- hope you're fully defrosted and the cough buggers off.

Free- nice progressive 10k, glad you're feeling better.

Minni- how are the legs today?

I did a very slow 3m last night @ 9:40mm followed by lots of stretching and felt much better for it. 11.6m into work this morning with 6m @ MP (7:39, 7:37, 7:38, 7:32, 7:35, 7:31). I'll take it!

12/02/2013 at 10:17

AA-thats the spirit. 16.9 not 17.

04S- a dry spell -when did that last happen?

DD- it all went pear shaped when Gerrard missed the penalty..no laughing matter, the run saved my sanity. 4 hours of tough stuff yesterday for you I see-excellent-watch out for the overtraining monster though IM sure you know what your doing.Maybe a splash in the hot tub is what you need?

Shild- we made WBA look like Barcelona at times which says it all

Bro-nice commute there

SS-good luck with the tempo session, same for me today

Free-it often gets better the next day, good progressive run

Chick-get well soon, we need you out there

12/02/2013 at 11:26
AA, enjoy the DOMS because as Freemers said, you totally earned them

O4S, you need a good cold remedy. Try squeezing two oranges, half a lemon, some honey to taste and heat until it starts to steam. Get your favourite glass and pour a generous measure of rum/whiskey/brandy (or all three!) and add the juice. And relax........ And repeat......... And relax....... And repeat.........

Free, yay!, so glad you had a good session which has lifted you.

Brolish, love it! You are in such great form, it's brilliant to see.

2old, I hope your tempo went well. What session were you doing? I'm trying to get ideas at the minute of workouts I can steal.....

Speaking of tempos, mine was amazing. I can't believe it. 10 min warm up, then hit 12kph which felt really good. I blitzed through 10 mins and even thought about carrying on, but then sense took hold and I stuck with my planned 3x10 with 2 min jog in between. I jogged it out to finish 50 mins and covered 9.1km or 5.7m. I am super super chuffed!!

Calf a little niggly, but nothing like Sunday. I've iced and am now compression socking. Stylish.
12/02/2013 at 12:00

SSheep- yuppee, you nailed it! Take care of the calf.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
12/02/2013 at 12:13

how'do!

7 miles last night at MP - struggled to keep it consistent - so real focus due to try and get what MP feels like exactly. I had no bother getting up to speed, but then would shoot right past it and end up way to quick, but then when i tried to slow it down i found i would overcompensate  Still nice to have something specific that i need to focus on

tempo run scheduled for tonight

AA and Barry have really raised the bar for half mara's this build up - last years attempts just wont cut the mustard!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.