RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,521 to 26,540 of 37,465 messages
15/02/2013 at 06:04
I went out with mrAA and the 3 teenagers! We have no kitchen

Weeble - nice image!

2old - mega mileage for you at the moment. Enjoy your long one.

Barry - agree. You'll know if you need to stop.

O4S - rest now for a few days. Hope the sexy voice improves for Sunday. And stop calling it a race

I'm resting today and tomorrow.
15/02/2013 at 06:09
X post SS. Congratulations on the club thing!

Enjoy your speed sesh with your hangover. I had too much wine last night again
Dubai Dave    pirate
15/02/2013 at 09:33
Morning

SS: ah yes Dubai bureaucracy , to be fair it's better than it was 14 years ago when I landed on these shores BUT they still have a habit of changing the rules just when you think you've sussed it.

AA: they were speedy reps.

O4S: sounds as if you need a rest but doubt that is going to happen.

Today is DD1 birthday he is hyper, snuck out for 12 miles at 8-15 pace in the midday sun, it's a lovely day.
Edited: 15/02/2013 at 09:33
15/02/2013 at 09:52

Well we had dinner in for two with a bottle of bubbly too many...

O4S- wishing you speedy recovery.

Minni- glad to hear the calf is behaving.

Weeble- lol, nothing wrong with going to the gym on Valentine's day!

2Old- hope you have a good LSR today.

Despite a few bubbles too many I managed to drag myself to the track at 7am for 8 x 1000m @ 10km pace with 90s recovery.  That was incorporated into my commute to work so ended up doing 14m. All 1000s done in 4:05-4:11 so not as impressive as AA's but well within the target.

Now sitting at my desk trying to figure out what else I could possibly eat... A horse maybe?

15/02/2013 at 09:57

Morning all-its a berautiful mild calm sunny day in the North West, perfect for a 2-3 hour run

DD-you are sounding very chilled ,wait until you get back here or are you just chilled al;l the time wherever you are?

Minni/Spoons-healthy options for you

SS- Im glad I dont do many hangover runs these days---very very unpleasant.Enjoy ?yours

AA- trying to keep going until Saturday then a recovery week(skiing).I hope to get my Febtatsics done there and my LR when I get home. Who needs kitchens anyway, think of the washing up you arent doing. A lot of resting going on on this thread this week..enjoy it

15/02/2013 at 10:19
2old - Yes looks like it will be nice for a run today, but I'm in work, Oh and I can't run !
Frc - Gave me a contact for a ciropactor, so I may look into that.

AA - Have you got no kitchen, cus you've got 3 teenagers? That sounds like a wise idea, at least they can't empty the fridge. Hehe

DD - Enjoy B'day antics with DD1.
15/02/2013 at 10:20

SS- forgot to say congrats on the job front. Doing intervals with a raging hangover is very much character building. Enjoy!

15/02/2013 at 10:37

Wow, Bro - that's impressive! Your 10k pace is faster than my 5k pace

Happy Birthday DD1

SS: I've no clue what THE CLUB is -- it reads rather cryptic, but it sounds like it's something positive

old4speed wrote (see)

Despite to hours solid coughing last night, which appears to have caused me to pull some hitherto unknown muscles in my stomach and back , I ran twice today - 30 minutes each time but very slowly.  Coughing and sneezing now really hurts and the voice is 'interesting'.  I like to think of it as husky and sexy, but in keeping with Valentine's day I heard Mr O4S describe it to a neighbour as a strangulated croak

O4S: hate to say it but you may have fractured a rib. Happens to me occasionally when I get one of those really bad bouts of bronchitis. Hurts like hell. Rest up and forget about that 20 miler.

BarryB: like others said ... be careful. Perhaps wait till next week. It's still early days and all that.

15 miles d&d this morning. Av. pace 8:45. Oh, it was so cold again . Anyway, glad it's out of the way.

15/02/2013 at 10:46

Chick- don't be too impressed, it's my training 10k pace. Doesn't mean I could get up tomorrow and hold it for 10km...

15/02/2013 at 10:47

Oh and nice MLR Chick, how cold is it now where you are?

15/02/2013 at 11:22

-4.5 but windchill makes it real nasty ... brrrrrrrrr

15/02/2013 at 11:23

7mi tempo run last night which went pretty well. 1mi wu & cd with 5 mi @ 7:20. Pretty pleased with that as felt pretty comfortable over hill route. Speed endurance seems to be coming back - albeit a little slowly. Hopefull all slotting into place for peaking at right time

2old - I am doing Paris - so it is shorter time left for me. 50 days till the race now. Eek.

Chick - my mum comes from Hamburg, so have family there still. Lovely city

15/02/2013 at 11:55
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who drank a little too much last night Brolish, your hungover session sounds amazing, though! Fantastic running. I hope you found a non-equine snack to satisfy your hunger pangs

Chick, I managed to get a job which basically makes life out here a lot easier, not just in terms of finances, but also in terms of things like opening bank accounts, driving licence etc. I celebrated today by taking the OH's BMW out for a spin. Ye hah!!!

I cannot believe how my run went. I aimed for 45-50 mins and managed 4x1m@13kph which is 7:25 m/m!!!! I know thats not quick for on here, but for me it feels like real progress. I sort of cheated a little as I was on the TM and I also ended up with a longer recovery than I planned, but that was only because it made it easy for my poor little hungover brain to compute between kph speed and mile repeats. I warmed up for 10 mins and then ran for 7:25 mins at 13kph and then jogged for 2:35 to get me back up to a nice round number to start the next repeat. The last mile my stomach felt a little queasy and it was a bit tough for the last few mins but I made it 9.6 km covered in 50 mins, then c/d. Hangover obliterated!
15/02/2013 at 11:58

SSheep- good work. It's all coming back, isn't it? I'm sure you've burnt all the carbs from last night, time to top them up!

15/02/2013 at 12:19

that's brill, Speed sheep! Well done . Couldn't imagine not driving ...  I'm spoilt. First thing I did when we moved back home was buy me a car . I was so sick of commuting into London and swore to myself that should we ever move back to Germany I'd never use public transport again

15/02/2013 at 12:20

Ant: you should come visit one day

15/02/2013 at 12:27

Let's all go to Germany for a meet up and do one of Tony's Trials ultras

15/02/2013 at 12:42

Rennsteig, Spoons. It's THE ultra in Germany

Dubai Dave    pirate
15/02/2013 at 13:18

2Old: I'm always chilled about the big things in life, its the little things that wind me up.

Chick: Thats a bit cold for me, it was 27C when I ran today and I thought that was about right ( I'm soooooooo screwed)

SS: Nice work on the intervals and congrats with the driving licence, are we going to see you at the Milers next week?

Have been considering what car to buy when we get home, whatever we get is going  to be a bit of a come down from a Hummer and  a 5.3L V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee which have been our two cars for the past two years, cant believe I'm considering a Toyota Prius. 

15/02/2013 at 13:44
Brolish, funny you should mention that, I've not long put some tonic in the fridge in anticipation of some 'carb replenishment' It is nearly 6pm over here after all...

Chick, I remember the Tony's Trials where he talked about the Rennsteig - hysterical! I wil come over and cheer you all on from the sidelines and share the post-race beer

DD, no Milers for me on Monday as we've got guests in town, but I've got no excuses to miss the following week! I'm really looking forward to it When it comes to selling your Hummer, do let me know as I may be able to convince OH that I REALLY need one *starts practising eyelid fluttering*
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.