RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,541 to 26,560 of 36,171 messages
15/02/2013 at 10:46

Chick- don't be too impressed, it's my training 10k pace. Doesn't mean I could get up tomorrow and hold it for 10km...

15/02/2013 at 10:47

Oh and nice MLR Chick, how cold is it now where you are?

15/02/2013 at 11:22

-4.5 but windchill makes it real nasty ... brrrrrrrrr

15/02/2013 at 11:23

7mi tempo run last night which went pretty well. 1mi wu & cd with 5 mi @ 7:20. Pretty pleased with that as felt pretty comfortable over hill route. Speed endurance seems to be coming back - albeit a little slowly. Hopefull all slotting into place for peaking at right time

2old - I am doing Paris - so it is shorter time left for me. 50 days till the race now. Eek.

Chick - my mum comes from Hamburg, so have family there still. Lovely city

15/02/2013 at 11:55
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who drank a little too much last night Brolish, your hungover session sounds amazing, though! Fantastic running. I hope you found a non-equine snack to satisfy your hunger pangs

Chick, I managed to get a job which basically makes life out here a lot easier, not just in terms of finances, but also in terms of things like opening bank accounts, driving licence etc. I celebrated today by taking the OH's BMW out for a spin. Ye hah!!!

I cannot believe how my run went. I aimed for 45-50 mins and managed 4x1m@13kph which is 7:25 m/m!!!! I know thats not quick for on here, but for me it feels like real progress. I sort of cheated a little as I was on the TM and I also ended up with a longer recovery than I planned, but that was only because it made it easy for my poor little hungover brain to compute between kph speed and mile repeats. I warmed up for 10 mins and then ran for 7:25 mins at 13kph and then jogged for 2:35 to get me back up to a nice round number to start the next repeat. The last mile my stomach felt a little queasy and it was a bit tough for the last few mins but I made it 9.6 km covered in 50 mins, then c/d. Hangover obliterated!
15/02/2013 at 11:58

SSheep- good work. It's all coming back, isn't it? I'm sure you've burnt all the carbs from last night, time to top them up!

15/02/2013 at 12:19

that's brill, Speed sheep! Well done . Couldn't imagine not driving ...  I'm spoilt. First thing I did when we moved back home was buy me a car . I was so sick of commuting into London and swore to myself that should we ever move back to Germany I'd never use public transport again

15/02/2013 at 12:20

Ant: you should come visit one day

15/02/2013 at 12:27

Let's all go to Germany for a meet up and do one of Tony's Trials ultras

15/02/2013 at 12:42

Rennsteig, Spoons. It's THE ultra in Germany

Dubai Dave    pirate
15/02/2013 at 13:18

2Old: I'm always chilled about the big things in life, its the little things that wind me up.

Chick: Thats a bit cold for me, it was 27C when I ran today and I thought that was about right ( I'm soooooooo screwed)

SS: Nice work on the intervals and congrats with the driving licence, are we going to see you at the Milers next week?

Have been considering what car to buy when we get home, whatever we get is going  to be a bit of a come down from a Hummer and  a 5.3L V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee which have been our two cars for the past two years, cant believe I'm considering a Toyota Prius. 

15/02/2013 at 13:44
Brolish, funny you should mention that, I've not long put some tonic in the fridge in anticipation of some 'carb replenishment' It is nearly 6pm over here after all...

Chick, I remember the Tony's Trials where he talked about the Rennsteig - hysterical! I wil come over and cheer you all on from the sidelines and share the post-race beer

DD, no Milers for me on Monday as we've got guests in town, but I've got no excuses to miss the following week! I'm really looking forward to it When it comes to selling your Hummer, do let me know as I may be able to convince OH that I REALLY need one *starts practising eyelid fluttering*
15/02/2013 at 14:03

Afternoon All,

SS - Well done for the mile intervals, especially with a hangover... I think i'd rather boil my head than do that! The speed sounds like it's coming back quite quickly as well, so what time are you aiming for now?

Ant - Nice tempo.

Chick - Don't know how you ran in -4.5 plus windchill??? I wouldn't be able to breathe!

Bro & AA - Nice, speedy reps.

Minni - Glad the calf issue was only temporary.

DD - I would have thought the obvious car choice after a Hummer is a Smart!

6 miles this morning at 6.00 am and daylight was poking it's head above the horizon! 1m w/u @ 8.41, 5m @ 7.31. Should've been at MP but it was far tougher than it should've been as it was very cold so couldn't breathe very well, legs felt dead, etc... etc... and any other excuse i can find!!!

15/02/2013 at 14:33

SS - brilliant mile reps  and 7.25 pace is no slouch when you're still on the comeback trail. 

Ant - nice tempo session. And Oompa too. What is your MP then if 7.30 was too slow...are you going for the 3.15 as well?

I did a similar run today - 1m w/u / 6m @ average 7.15 (pace ranged from about 6.50 to 7.30) / 1m c/d.  Feeling quite positive about that one

DD - ha ha - definitely not 27 degrees here today, even in farenheit. 

OH and me did the romantic dinner out last night, although the meal wasn't great. Comical moment when I had my starter which was meant to be a beetroot, spinach and rocket tart, but I couldn't see any spinach...so I asked and the waiter scurried away, then came back all sheepish to say that the chef forgot to put it on and handed me a bowl of steamed spinach   Only one bottle of wine between us, but I did also have a very large baileys when I got home

Edited: 15/02/2013 at 14:34
15/02/2013 at 15:40

Nothing like an easy week after a hard race eh AA? Great pace for those KM reps.

Yay Chick lunges are the way to go!

SS - well done on your mile reps, great to see your fitness is coming back!

No Valentine's dinner out last night for the Carrot/Parsnip duo, we're going out tonight.  I had a 12 miler scheduled and had a cake to cover in sugarpaste, and Parsnip wanted to get a decent run in with a bloke from the running club.  I did make him some heart shaped cake pops though, and I was presented with a lovely box of chocolates

15/02/2013 at 15:53

Carrot- was it you who rented an apartment in Berlin? I seem to remember you recommended a website at some point.  Can you remind me who it was? I need to get my flights and acommodation sorted for the mara.

15/02/2013 at 16:03

Free - Yes i'm aiming for 3.15 but unless MP starts to feel a bit more comfortable soon, may have to reevaluate.

We did the Valentine's dinner thing last night and went to a very good Portuguese restaurant that we've been to many times before, but i still hesitated before ordering the fillet steak in red wine and mushroom "special", just in case we had to "hoof" it home! Had two pints of Sagres.

15/02/2013 at 16:40

yeah, breathing is a nightmare in this. I used my inhaler 3 times and I was wearing my buff over head & mouth.

I was supposed to do MP but really couldn't be bothered and thought an all aerobic MLR would do the trick. At least I got progressively quicker and legs and everything felt fine. It's just the cold. I wonder how things will feel when it's finally plus temps again. Easier, I hope!!

15/02/2013 at 18:08

good runs Chick Oomps and Free .At least even after Valentines night you had enough strength and energy left

DD- youd need to leave those tank  behind with cost of fuel here.  Isn't that car better known as  pious? 

LR done  Got caught out when the temperature suddenly dropped and didnt have my gloves.... 21 miles done @ 7.34 pace  .Faster than planned as I was trying to get warm. Anyway recovery week next week. This weeks febtastic completed too.

15/02/2013 at 19:28

SS -  Good couple of days for you running/ and life away from running.  Got another physio appt booked for next Friday, which is my monthly "check up" but maybe a bit more work on calf required.

Brol - Nice repeats in your 14 miler.

Minni -  Good news re your calf.

Chick -  Good solid mileage again from you.

Ant/Freemers- Good running, always a bonus when a run goes well and feels good.

Oompa -  Early morning runs always feel harder, don't back off 3:15 yet plenty of time left.

2old - Very pacy long run.

Trying to keep my sensible(bigger picture) head on, so no running again for me today.  Calf is not sore to touch but I feel it when I'm walking,  not painful just discomfort and feels tight. Am concerned as I had a similar issue a few years ago which  restricted my running for about 6 weeks, so going to heed advice and be cautious regarding running.

Edited: 15/02/2013 at 19:28
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.