RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,661 to 26,680 of 37,601 messages
20/02/2013 at 08:02
Sarah - that's a brilliant result from Barcelona - you must be chuffed with that

Minni - love the planks

Kiwi - what FRC said for the achilles, plus foam roller on the calves.

FRC - that's a pain about the Saucony's. I think I'd have really stocked up for ??25 a pair!
20/02/2013 at 08:50

Kiwi  occupational hazard of cycling, along with shortening of the hamstrings.  Loads of stretching as soon as you get off the bike.  We always walked or slowly ran to and from spin to give the achilles a stretch.  On touring holidays you have to be careful to do both of these stretches [often the last thing you feel like after 8 hours on the bike] but loads of cyclists get injured when they switch from a summer cycling to running in the autumn.

20/02/2013 at 09:03

Minni- lol, love the planks!

Carrot wrote (see)

Had a really good track session tonight, I can honestly say I'm really loving running lately

O4S- nice triple!

Sarah- lol nothing to worry about. Congrats on the race again!

MLR planned for after work today.

20/02/2013 at 11:48

Just completed my withdrawal from VLM  Slightly miffed that I will have to pay another fee to enter the 2014 race, daylight robbery!

Thanks for all the tips on the achilles, should make a difference

Love the plank photos Minni.

Sarah - awesome P.B, well done!

20/02/2013 at 12:09

Kiwi. Are you coming to watch though?  I'm thinking with the support team growing we could have our own TM drinks stations.

Brol - can you not tick the MLR box with the 14 inc. intervals you did yesterday?

sarah osborne wrote (see)

Loving the plank photo....think im more the bear!

No way!

Rest day for me today but went down the river in my running kit to walk the dog and incorporate 1m for the sake of Febwillnotslackthisweeklous, however it was so cold I ended up running the whole 3.5 miles (slow).

I've got a fartlek-thingy to do in the morning then a sports massage in the afternoon.  Can't wait.  My glutes need it.

20/02/2013 at 12:10

aw, bugger Kiwi

carrot: what did you do on the track?

Minni: love the plank pics! They made me chuckle

Sarah: fantastic PB!  And a fantastic HM time!! Well done. Don't worry too much about Jantastic. It gets us out of the door, that's the main thing.   FRC: what a pain about the Rides. I hate it when they make adjustments to your favourite shoe so it's no longer suitable .

15 miles d&d this morning. I wasn't expecting a good run but it actually turned out to be a brilliant one. Av. pace 8:11 and I did 10 miles in the middle between 7:39 (oops ) and 7:57 . Just hoovering up an entire pizza now
Dubai Dave    pirate
20/02/2013 at 12:25

Hey Folks

Just a quick drop in, 80 miles on the bike d & d, think I'm going to hate my bike by June.

20/02/2013 at 12:29

Whey hey Chick. The MLR is where its at this week.

DD make the most of it!

20/02/2013 at 12:37

OMG I've just counted and its only 8 weeks till London.

20/02/2013 at 13:04

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/pictures_from_old_computer_572.jpg?width=350

Name that ultra runner!  Taken about 10 years ago??

20/02/2013 at 13:14

Great pic. Is that you Minni?

20/02/2013 at 13:16
I'm the one in green. 'twas before 'the change'.
20/02/2013 at 13:18

Chick- nice speedy MLR!

Minni- nice pic. No, of course I can't tick the MLR box, what would I do with myself today?

20/02/2013 at 13:28

hilarious pic

Minni wrote (see)

OMG I've just counted and its only 8 weeks till London.

that means it's also only 8 weeks till Hamburg ... PANIC

20/02/2013 at 13:30

That was never at your checkpoint was it Minni?  That was about 96 miles - should have been looking a lot worse

The guy in the photo is not associated with this thread in any way, to avoid any confusion!

20/02/2013 at 13:35

It was O4S!  96 miles in and looking very fresh.  I can't remember what time of day this was - could it have been early morning?  I did a few stints, one of them taking over from the two local vicars who'd downed a bottle of whiskey in their 4 hours and were hammered when I arrived.  I'm not sure the participants at 96 miles were appreciating the drunken tales of their FLM in 4:30 hrs!!  (the first time I ever met you - little did we know we'd end up drinking buddies in years to come. )

20/02/2013 at 15:05

Get in O4S - you almost look like you are enjoying it.

MLR for me as well later today - hoping the cough has cleared up - just got a head cold now, I think. Felt terrible waking up this am though. Hangovers and colds just do not mix 

20/02/2013 at 15:25

Around lunchtime on the Sunday I think - probably your first stint as I was first lady through.  Happy Days!!  If I had been told we would end up drinking buddies I would have assumed the person was mad, given how far apart we live - just shows how the internet shrinks the world. BTW, surely it is 8.5 weeks until VLM

Just had a sports massage - bliss now but a bit painful at times while it was in progress.

I suspect this week's long run for me would be an MLR for the rest of you.  I'm still coughing but it is a tickly cough so irritating rather than a chest infection.  Ran into work this morning and will do the same return in preparation for a very long, dull meeting this evening.

20/02/2013 at 15:42

what, the dude in the pic is not BA??

20/02/2013 at 15:44

Ah that's right - I remember now.  First lady, which was why you had your photo taken.  The drunken vicars were later early the following morning!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.