RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,701 to 26,720 of 37,336 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
21/02/2013 at 09:19

Spoons: so chances are that you can do a IM swim in around 70 mins once a wet suit is factored in. Whats your cycling like?

21/02/2013 at 09:21

SS - intervals on a hangover are not the best so have fun with that! I'm on 800s tomorrow...today is just an easy paced run. It is freezing here today, and a biting wind so I may chicken out and do it indoors  Mind you the forecast for Sunday is similar so I need to get used to it.

Spoons - that's good progress, glad it's going well for you. I meant to ask if OH is doing Wymondham on Sunday week? If so I'll see you guys there.

21/02/2013 at 09:28

Bah - still ill. Had to cut short my MLR yesterday and get the train home instead. Chesty cough problems. Will try again for a short one today. Am mountain biking this weekend, so hopefully it has cleared up by tomorrow,

4km swim Spoons - that sounds like a long way!

Darn rip off on the deferrals.

21/02/2013 at 09:51

Ant:   My miraculous recovery after the Bramley 20 seems to have suffered a bit of a set-back and I have started coughing again.  I have been avoiding cycling because of the bitter cold and wind in case it makes the cough worse - upside is I do more running albeit in rather short blocks.

Freemers:  the whole weekend looks bad and we are having a rethink on our plans - not sure I can face an ultra in that cold while still recovering from the last two and Bramley.  Trouble is if I don't do it I might feel compelled to do something about the disaster zone we call home.

21/02/2013 at 12:35
5 miles done, with 2 stops to stretch the achilles, they were ok once I backed off the pace...

Ant + O4S take care of yourselves, hope you are both feeling better soon.
21/02/2013 at 12:52

Ant & O4S: commiserations . O4S, about time to step off the pedal and rest a bit. You can always check yourself into a day spa to escape the mayhem at home

SS: My HR would be sky high if I ran in the kind of heat that you do ...

carrot: nice speedwork! Makes a difference from the usual 6x1000 or 10X800.

Spoons: a 4k swim . That would take me all day ...

Recovery day for me - plan says to do a double: 6 am, 4 pm but I couldn't be arsed to get up this morning so I just did 5 in my lunch break and will do another 5 tonight. Tempo run tomorrow

21/02/2013 at 13:18
Dubai Dave wrote (see)

Spoons: so chances are that you can do a IM swim in around 70 mins once a wet suit is factored in. Whats your cycling like?

It needs work.....

21/02/2013 at 13:20
Freemers wrote (see)

Spoons - that's good progress, glad it's going well for you. I meant to ask if OH is doing Wymondham on Sunday week? If so I'll see you guys there.

She's still thinking about it. If she does I'll cycle round and give you all some encouragement en route (get a move on you lazy..... etc)

21/02/2013 at 13:45

Just quickly popping in as have deliberately stayed away this week because I'm totally fed up with being ill. I seem to be getting worse rather than better, am now 22 days since the cough began and I've lost count of the number of people in the office who have told me I have a chest infection and look like death. Docs tomorrow, so hoping for some max strength ATBs.  

Seems identical to what you've got O4S as I can manage a run, but then just when it seems like it's getting better it comes back with a vengeance. So Ant, I really hope yours doesn't progress into the same thing, especially as your mara is just that little bit closer. 

SS - thanks for your words of wisdom at the tail-end of last week, made me feel much better reading them. We are in exactly the same place!

Well done to O4S & AA for your weekend exploits, and glad to see you manage a pain free run Barry. Everyone else seems either broadly on track with some very good runs taking place or deferring through darned injuries. 

Is anyone racing this weekend?

21/02/2013 at 14:41

Sorry to hear your still ill Ant, O4S and Redwood. Hope your all feeling better soon. Try not to get back in to training to quickly so you all make a full recovery and dont have any more set backs. Its been an awful few months with some nasty bugs circulating at the moment.

chickadeee wrote (see)

Spoons: a 4k swim . That would take me all day ...

Recovery day for me - plan says to do a double: 6 am, 4 pm but I couldn't be arsed to get up this morning so I just did 5 in my lunch break and will do another 5 tonight. Tempo run tomorrow

Think a 4 K swim would take me all week...thats if I dont drown first!

I dont think anyone should have to get up at 6am in winter..its far to cold. Im doing a race on saturday and have just been told that I need to be at my friends house by 6:30....I feel tired just thinking about it!

21/02/2013 at 15:53

Poor redders . Hope the doc sorts you. I have a race on Sunday but since I missed one long run with MP I won't be racing the 10k. Instead I'm going to do the 20k option and run those at MP with a few miles either end.

21/02/2013 at 16:03

Sounds like a good plan chick.

Hi Redders - sounds nasty and I can't believe it's lasted this long. Hope the doc can give you top strength drugs . I'm racing Sunday - 20 miler, aiming for progressive pace.

Well I zipped up the man suit and did my easy 6 outside...the wind wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and it ended up being quite a nice bimble down the embankment

Sarah - my alarm is set for 05.20 for work ....but I never run that early!

21/02/2013 at 16:56
Afternoon all. Sorry to hear you're still struggling Redders, Ant and O4S.

Freemers- Well done for getting out today. It was bitter here too.

I did my intervals outside today. 9.3 miles with 5x1m in them and 2 minutes recovery. 6:38, 6:28, 6:40, 6:45, 6:50. It got harder felt crap this afternoon so probably pushed it a bit too much. And I seem to have developed a bit of a thread cough too.
21/02/2013 at 17:26

Freemers - is that the Bury 20?

I'm off to a coaches meeting  in the pub

21/02/2013 at 18:01
Hello All
Quick check in. Not much running here. Managed my second Febtastic run for the week today ,a very hilly run for just over an hour in -10. Chick..how do you do it day in day out?. If I can squeeze another in tomorrow I may just meet my target for the week .No time to read what's gone on so hope all are well and running / training 100%
21/02/2013 at 18:07

Evening All.

That is one big swim Spoons.  Has it come back quickly?  I know a while ago you said you thought you'd struggle since you'd missed a bit.

Kiwi - to be fair at least London offer you the chance to defer.  In loads of other races you just lose the place. 

Ant, Redders - sorry you hear you're both still chesty.  Perhaps Sarah can pop something in the post for you both and you too O4S.

10 miles on a recovery day Chick?  Hardcore or what?!

Freemers - what's the progressive plan for Sunday?

Gazelle - is it your 10k this weekend?

AA - I'm not sure if you've caught the thread cough or if your lungs are just protesting at all these fast miles.

So today was an 11 mile run:  4 miles w/u then 6.5 miles running 5 minutes @ MP/ 5 minutes HMP, followed by a cool down.  The 'quality' bit came out at : 7:20, 6:49, 7:21, 6:48, 7:24, 6:49, 7:70, 6:50, 7:19.  The MP bits felt comfortable but then again they would after the HMP bits that felt a bit but doable. Not not doable for 13.1 miles.

Lovely painful sports massage this afternoon, which was just what I needed.

21/02/2013 at 19:40

Is 7:70 and same as 8:10? Speedy work Minni. 6:50 HM pace is on!

and yes, the swimming came back much quicker than running does. Don't know why....

21/02/2013 at 19:46

oops 7:20!  I don't think 6:50 HM is on.  I just don't think I could hold on for that distance. 

21/02/2013 at 20:28
KFC wrote: Simon - re erg/run times, There are rowers who can row 5k in under 15mins but would struggle to run 5k in twice that, and vice versa! Height has a big effect - I'd suggest if you are over 6'5" and can row 2k in close to 6mins you could consider a switch!
Who do you thing I am, Matthew Pinscent! Lol
21/02/2013 at 20:37

Lol!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.