RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,741 to 26,760 of 37,584 messages
22/02/2013 at 16:51

SS - nice intervals by you. you are of course an athlete !

Freemers nice speed session, good fast miles. Definitely helped me. Good luck with the Tarperly 20.

Brol, enjoy the 20miler, mine on Sunday.

DD - nice 10k, especially with all the cheats there.

Been in a meeting so hadn't heard that Oscar Preposterous got out on bail. Innocent till proven guilty, but shooting gf through toiley door?  

Happier with my running this week, after lots of events, longer runs in Jan & then the ultra, I haven't been doing that much speed bar the odd league race. Good fartlek with club mates Tuesday, 6 sections between 0.3-0.7miles, all at sub 5:40-6 min mile pace so haven't lost any speed thankfully..phew.

Then last night Nice threshold run. Warm up, meet pals at club, 3 miles @ MP, 2 miles at 10-15k pace, 1 mile @ MP, cool down. Pretty much went to plan.

W/U 8:25, 7:45, (3 min break at club), 7:11, 7:15, 7:19 (through some hills), 6:30, 6:35, 7:14, C/D 5 mins jog (yes that is mins Brol, not miles )

The mixed MP/10k/MP pace was good. Any variations worth a go?

Good weekend to everyone, who is running apart from Freemers?

22/02/2013 at 18:43

Freemers: I want some of the stuff that you are on . Absolutely stormin' run!! Was it dreadmill or road?  I can safely say that I have never broken 6:30 for a mile.

nice tempo, FRC. Minni is the expert for mixed pace runs . Frankenmoz gives her a lot of variations on the theme.

Got my tempo out of the way too. Bunked off work early. 9.5 miles with 4 tempo ones in there (7:12, 7:09, 7:11, 7:11). Pretty happy with consistency but breathing in that bitterly cold wind really hurt and I woulnd't have wanted to do another mile at pace.

22/02/2013 at 19:36
Freemers - what an amazing interval session. Well done.

Bro - don't envy you that tonight. Good luck with it and enjoy Bristol.

Chick - nice threshold session. Bet it's freezing. The cold air really affects my chest and my breathing.

Spoons - have a good weekend

O4S - have a good night. Try not to lie in any doorways!!
22/02/2013 at 21:06
Chick - it was -17 here today. Managed run no 3 for the week of 4.5 hilly miles . Looking forward to resuming normal service
One more skiing day. Last of the year.
22/02/2013 at 21:12

Go SS! That's a great session, how nice for the man to comment too.   And yes, you ARE an athlete

Well done on your 10K DD, shame about the dirty M50 cheater. 

Hope your 20M tonight went to plan Bro.

Go Freemers, nice lunchtime session!

Minni wrote (see)

I wonder if he's signed up to Febulous?

Excellent  

Red - I'm doing the XC Nationals tomorrow

22/02/2013 at 21:15
SS where do you live? Always nice to get a comment like that, it must have made your week.

Fabulous race DD, sorry to hear about the cheat though, lets hope he gets found out.

Have fun in London Spoons.

Think I missed the bit where Ruth recommended Game pie...im excited about what else I may have missed, please let there be a spicy chicken burrito from les iguanas be on the list!!

Fantastic intervals Freemers.

Chick and AA my chest suffers when its cold too...sometimes I sound like im about to keel over.....im sure it puts others off around me when im racing.

Hope you enjoyed your progressive run this evening Brolish
Edited: 22/02/2013 at 21:16
22/02/2013 at 22:35

AA- Great racing at the weekend you will be going into VLM on a high.

Barry- I hope your calf is getting better.

Sarah- Well done on your new pb, I'm sure you will have a few more before the marathon.

Kiwi- You will be fitter and stronger next year.

Chick- That's a great 15m, Its great when you go out for a run and its better than you thought.

04S- Nice pic

Redwood- I hope you got to see the doctors and that you get better soon.

Minni- Your hm/mp session looked good.

SS- Nice session "Athlete", it sounds like its all coming together for you.

DD- Great race report but a bit disappointed that you let Mr Maple Leaf cruise past you

Good Luck Sarah, Chick, Free and Carrot  for your races this weekend. I have a 10k race on Sunday but the forecast dosn't look very good.

Dubai Dave    pirate
23/02/2013 at 05:54

Morning

O4S: I land back on the dreary grey island on the 8th May. Help...............

Out the door at 0630 this morning feeling weary but a very convivial 21K in 1-45 with friends out on the tracks. 14C when we started, 27C when we finished...... screwed!

Off to the water park with DD1 & DD2

23/02/2013 at 08:11
Carrot - enjoy the Nationals in the snow!
23/02/2013 at 10:21

Good luck Carrot!

I have a hangover. Need to try and drag myself out for a run. 

23/02/2013 at 11:16

Good luck to all of those that are racing this weekend.

A hideous, cold, snowy eight miles from me this morning at 6.00. Started badly as my Garmin died within half a mile from home, and i'm hopeless at naked pacing, then matters got worse as last night's Fajitas obviously didn't agree with me and nearly "did a Paula" as stomach cramps got progressively worse, so i had to keep stopping and walking.

23/02/2013 at 11:24

Carrot - good luck.

SS -   Very good session.

Gazelle -  Good luck for your 10k, any target?

Freemers -  Very quick running. Good luck for your race tomorrow.

Chick -  Nice tempo run, enjoy your 20k tomorrow.

Progressive x training for me this morning, 2.5 hours, first hour 12k, second hour 13k and last half hour 7k.  Not the same as running but a decent aerobic workout.

Edited: 23/02/2013 at 11:25
23/02/2013 at 12:11
Carrot - good luck today.

Barry - how's the recovery coming along?

Freemers - all the best for tomorrow.

21 miles done for me ave 9 min miling. Last couple done @8s so the rest was a lot slower. All felt ok except my left hammy which I struggle with off and on. Was bitterly cold and I seemed to have snow in my face the entire way! Off to watch Reading v Wigan this afternoon
23/02/2013 at 12:54

AA -  Nice long run, my calf is feeling OK  so I'm going to try running on it Monday which will have given it 7 days rest from running.  If that does n't go well I'll just x train myself to London.

Oompa -  When you've got to go you've got to go, no bushes around?

23/02/2013 at 12:54
Carrot good luck for the nationals!

S.S great session + how awesome someone at your gym thought you were an athlete, you go girl

Oompa, early run for a Saturday, guess you will be avoiding fajitas as night before food in future!

Barry how is the calf coming along?

AA - well done on a long run in the snow.

Good luck to tommorrow's racers, hope the weather isn't too abismal for you all!

The CNBA fairy has got me today - was snowing earlier + with windchill is about -5. So am staying indoors, feel slightly bad as the running was going well this week, but if I'm not training for a race I find it hard to get out in the cold! Got indoor spin to look forward to tmrw.
23/02/2013 at 13:25

Yes, Fajitas is no longer a viable pre-run fuel... Will just stick with a nice sensible Vindaloo from now on.

23/02/2013 at 13:35
Oompa - excellent. We live and learn hey! It's really not funny when the cramps kick in!

Kiwi - the most important thing is your on the come back trail.
23/02/2013 at 13:44
Better out than in Oompa.

Brrr, cold long run there AA.
23/02/2013 at 14:30

Nice long run AA

23/02/2013 at 16:01

16 miles at 8.37 average - 20 secs per mile faster than the race last week so guess I have recovered a bit.  Bitterly cold but no snow here.  Trying to get rehydrated before heading to a neighbour's house [and large plasma screen] to 'Support Les Rosbifs' - bring a bottle, no cockerels!

Managed to stick to water last night, which is more than the students did, and turned down invites to accompany them to 'The Brass Pig' followed by 'Embargo' or 'Bunker' [whatever those all might be].  Was slightly annoyed at the way they all gasped when they saw me and said in tones of total astonishment - 'You look really nice'.  I had to point out that it is generally better not to accompany compliments of that nature with looks of total disbelief..................

Anyway the good news is that Brol won't have to look out for me dossing in a doorway.  The meal was predictably awful and dreadful for the night before a run - although only in terms of energy, not an Oompa-esque incident thank goodness.

Nice run AA, especially after last week.

Spoons:  have you been out yet??????

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.