RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

26,741 to 26,760 of 36,186 messages
22/02/2013 at 12:21

Hi Gang!

Rest day for me today. I'm off to London straight after work for a weekend of drinking

Great racing DD

Nice to get a comment like that SS

22/02/2013 at 13:03

Minni:  Freemers was there, but in a cupboard!

DD: good race DD - when are we expecting you back in the land of the permanently wet / cold / windswept????

Nobody has ever mistaken me foran athlete

Spoons:  have fun................

22/02/2013 at 13:07

haha, Minni - hilarious dream

Enjoy London, Spoons, sounds like a great weekend.

2oldnever wrote (see)
Hello All
Quick check in. Not much running here. Managed my second Febtastic run for the week today ,a very hilly run for just over an hour in -10. Chick..how do you do it day in day out?. If I can squeeze another in tomorrow I may just meet my target for the week .No time to read what's gone on so hope all are well and running / training 100%

it's not -10 here very often, 2old!  Mostly around -4 or 5, but I do have gear to survive the cold

Minni wrote (see)

10 miles on a recovery day Chick?  Hardcore or what?!

So today was an 11 mile run:  4 miles w/u then 6.5 miles running 5 minutes @ MP/ 5 minutes HMP, followed by a cool down.  The 'quality' bit came out at : 7:20, 6:49, 7:21, 6:48, 7:24, 6:49, 7:70, 6:50, 7:19.  The MP bits felt comfortable but then again they would after the HMP bits that felt a bit but doable. Not not doable for 13.1 miles.

yeah, P&D isn't exactly known for giving you much recovery. But 2 x 5 miles spread out over the day is not too bad. My legs feel fine.
That's an impressive sesh, Minni! 6:50 for HMP and 7:20 for MP .

Barry B wrote (see)

Chick -  Was it an easy decision to switch to the 20k, methinks you don't like 10k's

Hate 'em, Barry B. You sussed me proper . TBH, the weather is forecast to be rubbish (wind and lots of snow) so it would only be a shite 10k time anyway, whereas 20k @ MP would give me a decent workout in company, with a drinks station serving hot tea . Bit of a no-brainer.

AA: those were brilliant reps! How about some easy days?

SpeedSheep: Wow! Great 800s. Told you your fitness would come back. Never thought it'd be THAT quick - ace!!

DD: excellent 10.2k . Shame about the cheat.

22/02/2013 at 13:12

DD- great racing!

SS- speedy intervals, sounds like you're coming back with a vengeance! Loved the athlete comment.

Minni- lol about the carbo loading dream. Not sure game pie features on Ruth's list of appropriate meals...

Spoons- sounds like a boozy weekend ahead- enjoy.

I'm off to Bristol tomorrow to visit friends which means drinking which means that I have to do my progressive 20m after work tonight. It's freezing out there!

22/02/2013 at 13:44

Sorry I let you down in your dream Minni  

Just back from my session - 8 x 800m with pace increasing from 9mph (6.39 pace) for the first one to 9.4mph (6.22 pace) for the last one, then finished with 1 x 1 mile @ 9.5mph (6.18 pace)...that might just be my fastest mile ever, not bad on the back of the 800s  It was hard work mind, but good to know I can do it.

Enjoy London spoons and Bristol Brolish

Chick - I like the sound of hot tea at a drinks station

22/02/2013 at 14:32

Brol:  where are you drinking tomorrow??  I am down in the centre tonight for the Final Year Gala Dinner and am trying to ensure they don't drag me off to a club [I mean honestly it would be like taking your Granny out for the night as has happened before.  Want to make sure you don't have to step over me as I sleep it off in a doorway!! 

To be honest I pour the wine into them, store up all the indiscreet things they say and then, if my pension plans go belly up, I plan to blackmail them from my retirement home........

Trying to force myself out for a run before getting dressed up

22/02/2013 at 14:47

Blimey Freemers that's one fast mile!

I've been listening to the Pistorius bail decision while doing my end of year accounts , typical BBC lost connection the very moment it was announced, but it seems he's been granted bail.  How does that work then?  Surely someone who shoots another dead through a locked door should not be free to live a life of luxury while awaiting trial?   His coach reckons he'll be back to training on Monday - I wonder if he's signed up to Febulous?

22/02/2013 at 15:32

Afternoon All,

SS - Great interval session. Your speed seems to be coming back really fast! You'll soon have to revise your VLM target to sub 3.00.

Free - Nice intervals. Are you on P & D schedule?

Bro - 20 miles after work... Are you mad!!!

DD - Good race time sir. Don't worry about the cheat and get the Canadian maple leaf guy next time eh!

Minni & other "dreamers" - SEEK PSYCHIATRIC HELP!!!!!!!

Been very busy at work this week so not much time to check-in, but have been getting my runs in, as thankfully it's a recovery week on P & D, so Tues was 8 miles @ 8.10, Weds - 8 miles with 5 x 800m intervals @ 6.20 and last night was just a 5 mile recovery @ 8.41.

Rest day today, so early to bed, no horizontal Morris dancing with OH and absolutely no alcohol!

22/02/2013 at 15:44

Oompa - no, it's a made up schedule although I've used a lot of the P&D theory on pacing for that type of run. 

22/02/2013 at 15:54

O4S- no idea where I'll be drinking tomorrow, I'll be just following my friends who live there. If I see you asleep in a doorway I'll make sure to say hi.

Oompa- 20m progressive, not just 20m. I am not looking forward to it to be honest.

Minni- it doesn't surprise me that Pistorius's been granted bail but I agree that it's not right. Not the same law for all of us...

22/02/2013 at 16:22

Brol - 20m progressive is my favourite run. I them. Not had any yet.  In fact at one point I'm sure I was told I wouldn't be doing so many long runs this time and yet Sunday will be my 6th 20+ miles (plus 2 x 18 and one of 17 that was over three hours in the hills) and there's still 8 weeks to go! 

I'm gonna see if there's a webcam in Bristol City Centre I can view over the internet and see if I can spot O4S out partying!

22/02/2013 at 16:47

Clock watching.....

43 minutes to go.....

22/02/2013 at 16:51

SS - nice intervals by you. you are of course an athlete !

Freemers nice speed session, good fast miles. Definitely helped me. Good luck with the Tarperly 20.

Brol, enjoy the 20miler, mine on Sunday.

DD - nice 10k, especially with all the cheats there.

Been in a meeting so hadn't heard that Oscar Preposterous got out on bail. Innocent till proven guilty, but shooting gf through toiley door?  

Happier with my running this week, after lots of events, longer runs in Jan & then the ultra, I haven't been doing that much speed bar the odd league race. Good fartlek with club mates Tuesday, 6 sections between 0.3-0.7miles, all at sub 5:40-6 min mile pace so haven't lost any speed thankfully..phew.

Then last night Nice threshold run. Warm up, meet pals at club, 3 miles @ MP, 2 miles at 10-15k pace, 1 mile @ MP, cool down. Pretty much went to plan.

W/U 8:25, 7:45, (3 min break at club), 7:11, 7:15, 7:19 (through some hills), 6:30, 6:35, 7:14, C/D 5 mins jog (yes that is mins Brol, not miles )

The mixed MP/10k/MP pace was good. Any variations worth a go?

Good weekend to everyone, who is running apart from Freemers?

22/02/2013 at 18:43

Freemers: I want some of the stuff that you are on . Absolutely stormin' run!! Was it dreadmill or road?  I can safely say that I have never broken 6:30 for a mile.

nice tempo, FRC. Minni is the expert for mixed pace runs . Frankenmoz gives her a lot of variations on the theme.

Got my tempo out of the way too. Bunked off work early. 9.5 miles with 4 tempo ones in there (7:12, 7:09, 7:11, 7:11). Pretty happy with consistency but breathing in that bitterly cold wind really hurt and I woulnd't have wanted to do another mile at pace.

22/02/2013 at 19:36
Freemers - what an amazing interval session. Well done.

Bro - don't envy you that tonight. Good luck with it and enjoy Bristol.

Chick - nice threshold session. Bet it's freezing. The cold air really affects my chest and my breathing.

Spoons - have a good weekend

O4S - have a good night. Try not to lie in any doorways!!
22/02/2013 at 21:06
Chick - it was -17 here today. Managed run no 3 for the week of 4.5 hilly miles . Looking forward to resuming normal service
One more skiing day. Last of the year.
22/02/2013 at 21:12

Go SS! That's a great session, how nice for the man to comment too.   And yes, you ARE an athlete

Well done on your 10K DD, shame about the dirty M50 cheater. 

Hope your 20M tonight went to plan Bro.

Go Freemers, nice lunchtime session!

Minni wrote (see)

I wonder if he's signed up to Febulous?

Excellent  

Red - I'm doing the XC Nationals tomorrow

22/02/2013 at 21:15
SS where do you live? Always nice to get a comment like that, it must have made your week.

Fabulous race DD, sorry to hear about the cheat though, lets hope he gets found out.

Have fun in London Spoons.

Think I missed the bit where Ruth recommended Game pie...im excited about what else I may have missed, please let there be a spicy chicken burrito from les iguanas be on the list!!

Fantastic intervals Freemers.

Chick and AA my chest suffers when its cold too...sometimes I sound like im about to keel over.....im sure it puts others off around me when im racing.

Hope you enjoyed your progressive run this evening Brolish
Edited: 22/02/2013 at 21:16
22/02/2013 at 22:35

AA- Great racing at the weekend you will be going into VLM on a high.

Barry- I hope your calf is getting better.

Sarah- Well done on your new pb, I'm sure you will have a few more before the marathon.

Kiwi- You will be fitter and stronger next year.

Chick- That's a great 15m, Its great when you go out for a run and its better than you thought.

04S- Nice pic

Redwood- I hope you got to see the doctors and that you get better soon.

Minni- Your hm/mp session looked good.

SS- Nice session "Athlete", it sounds like its all coming together for you.

DD- Great race report but a bit disappointed that you let Mr Maple Leaf cruise past you

Good Luck Sarah, Chick, Free and Carrot  for your races this weekend. I have a 10k race on Sunday but the forecast dosn't look very good.

Dubai Dave    pirate
23/02/2013 at 05:54

Morning

O4S: I land back on the dreary grey island on the 8th May. Help...............

Out the door at 0630 this morning feeling weary but a very convivial 21K in 1-45 with friends out on the tracks. 14C when we started, 27C when we finished...... screwed!

Off to the water park with DD1 & DD2

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.