RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,041 to 27,060 of 36,173 messages
02/03/2013 at 21:15

Good luck everyone racing tomorrow. 

We've just been to the Presso next to Norwich station we all went to.

02/03/2013 at 21:21
That was our first date!
02/03/2013 at 22:12

02/03/2013 at 23:36

Weeble Nothing wrong with cheese. Tons of bread in that carb diet already - which I don't eat much off about from CGB. Lucky I didn't mention the jaffa cakes ! Doh. Also hardly drink booze unlike some on here ? Cheese or booze... Hmmm no competition for me...

Minni wrote (see)
RUTH MCKEAN wrote (see)

Hi Minne

The food that  I have  posted will appear a lot for you as you only weigh 115lb . For you I would only recommend you have 400-500g when carb loading and as mentioned above cut out all the extras fat and even protein to keep the overall calories down...

Minni, did you check the typo in Ruth's diet? She actually says 155lb not 115lb in her reply so wasn't sure if you'd checked off forum the calculations are correct or should those portions be less?

DD sounds like you had fun, which is more important. Nice report on the race here, and interview with Brownlee.

Gazelle, hope you're okay. not well?

Brol, enjoy smackdown. You can always shout "look a free BBQ !" near the finish... I'm sure that will distract Mr Brol for a few minutes.

Good luck to Ooompa AntP, Brol racing tomorrow, anyone else?

03/03/2013 at 04:57

Good luck to today's racers.

03/03/2013 at 05:58
Race well today, people Ant/Oompa, enjoy trying to pace it sensibly. I'm taking bets that the plan goes out the window Brolish, take him dooooooooown!! Tell him not to feel too sad at coming in second, I'll buy him a consolation pint post-VLM
03/03/2013 at 06:40

Minni, is Ruth a nutritionist?  Are you taking advice generally or just specifically for the VLM?  I'm really interested in hearing more.  Also, what is shunting?  Is it helping? 

Chick, scorching paces   Sounds like you're feeling in a great place, that's brilliant to hear!

Barry, really well done on the x-training session.  Another idea to break up the 3hr sessions is to alternate between rower, cross trainer and bike.  Last year I did 3 sets of 20 mins on each, trying to keep heart rate steady between the different pieces of equipment.  Other times I would do the first set steady, the middle set hard, and then back to steady for the final set.  It at least gives some variation in an otherwise dull, dull, dull session 

Spoons, nice turbo.

DD, it's OK, we had a man with BBM contact to his bookies   Still wasn't quite the same without the cold hard cash exchange element.  Really well done for a great effort on the tri.  Shame it didn't go to plan, but it sounds like you handled it all well, enjoyed the bits you could, and I hope the post-race ciders were good.

Sarah, I'm with you on the copious amounts of fruit and veg!!  Minimal cheese for me, sorry, FRC, but it kills my stomach in high doses.  Nutrition is so personal, the hard part is working out what works - and carrying Immodium Instants should it all go wrong mid-race 

Gazelle, really sorry to hear you've been so poorly.  I hope you get well soon.

I had a good day yesterday.  Spin session followed by core in the morning, 4.5m recovery run in the evening.  I took my spin session comparatively easy and ran the RR really easy and I now feel back to normal after my blip this week.  I'm also going to back off the mileage in my LSR today but add in some marathon pace.  The aim is to do 15m comprising 3.5m easy, 8m@mp, 3.5m easy

03/03/2013 at 06:55
Ant - You may feel undercooked but I bet that after the last couple of days, you're better at FIFA and can recite all of Justin Bieber's lyrics.

Just leaving, see you there.
03/03/2013 at 07:52
Good luck racers - especially Brolish. Beat that man!

FRC - yes I realised which was why I changed it in my quote. The pasta at night does seem low but the baked potato and bread at lunch time is a lot. I planned to try it out yesterday but the hangover got in the way! Will try harder next weekend.

SS - yes, she's one of the Asics crew. Shunting is alternating hot and cold and was recommended by AA for the nerve pain. It appears to have helped.
Edited: 03/03/2013 at 07:58
03/03/2013 at 08:06

How are you this morning Minni?

03/03/2013 at 08:10
Good luck to Bro - go beat mr bro!

Good luck to the spitfire 2 and to Freemers in her 20. Hope the paces all work well for you.

Mega good luck to Minni - go smash it. Hopefully the nerve pain will settle long enough to go sub90. So excited for you

Chick - amazing interval session.

DD - you are still the tri king.

Anyone else running long today, enjoy. Lovely conditions for it.

Hangover from hell for me yesterday. Gonna dry out before I go to San Fran on Wednesday for warm weather training for a few days
03/03/2013 at 08:34
AA - I'm sitting in the car on a freezing cold, open airfield, not daring to get out for fear of instant cryostasis, so could you please refrain from talk of San Fran and WARM weather training!;)

Good luck today guys
03/03/2013 at 09:03

Good luck, racers    Remember: don't be shit

DD: ouch - that must have hurt. But you did a great swim .  What 911 did you have? Mine was one of the last few 993s (a Targa - loved the glass roof!!) built in '96. My heart still bleeds coz I left it behind when we moved back home but since we downsized massively the fancy cars had to go

AA: Enjoy San Fran - love the place. Great running routes down by the harbour front ...

Hope weather is better where you are. Sun is out which is nice but we have a bitch of a westerly wind blowing. Just changed my planned route to one where I should have it more from the side than full frontal. 22 on the menu for today  ...

Went to the cinema yesterday and watched the most inspirational movie ever. It's called GOLD and it's a documentary made by a disabled German director about 3 outstanding Paralympians. Kurt Fearnley (he needs no introduction - what a hero), Kirsten Bruhns (German swimmer who had a motorbike accident age 22 that left her in a wheelchair) and blind Kenyan long distance runner Henry Waniyoke. I hope they are going to screen it in the UK - it really is worth watching.

03/03/2013 at 09:19
Chick - I remember Kurt Fearnley talking about tha film in his MT interview. No idea if it's coming here but I hope so.

Just quickly checking in pre-race (we start at 10) - good luck to everyone pinning a number on today
03/03/2013 at 10:16
Morning all
Very best of luck to all racing today. Sub 90 please Minni. PB please Bro and beat MrB. Hope all goes well for everyone else racing running or recovering
Need to catch up so apologies for brief visit. LR completed 23.6 @7.55 mm av. Split the run into 3 parts. 8 miles between 8.16 and 8.30 mm.,8 miles around but not over 8mm, and last 7.6miles around 7.30mm. It was good to see how the easy start enabled me to finish strongly. That was my last LR over 20 miles. Febtastic completed too
Excited to see the race results coming in. It's like when I was a child watching the football scores on the teleprinter on a Saturday afternoon
03/03/2013 at 12:15
Quick check in. Not my day today, ran 43:11 so a few seconds off my pb of 43:01. A bit disappointed as was hoping for 42:x but hey ho, will nail it next time. On a positive note my splits were consistent and I didn't fall apart, the legs just didn't want to go any faster today. MrB ran 41 so had no chance of taking him down on this occasion. At least my marriage is safe.
Good luck to everyone else racing, looking forward to the reports.
03/03/2013 at 12:25
Was a very good boy today and held back. 2h 33m 21s according to Garmin.

Full report later when I can feel my fingers again!
03/03/2013 at 12:35

Hi All - I have to admit that last night when i saw that it was going to take me 1:30 to drive to the Spitfire 20 in good traffic, I thought sod that. So I did the inaugural Enfield 20 mile race with a feed station every 4 miles.

Had to dig deep but managed to do my target plan. 1st 10 miles @ 8:22, 2nd 10 miles 7:44, for a total time of 2:40. And even better I didn't need to drive an hour and a half back home.

Sunday roast now. 

Well done Oompa & Bro - hope everyone else had a good one.

03/03/2013 at 12:53
Bro - don't worry that's still an excellent 10k time with all the heavy training we are undertaking at present.

2old - ace long run.

Chick - hope the 22 goes well.

Oomps - well held back.

Ant - sounds like a perfect run. Enjoy the roast.

Think minni started at midday. Nervous...
03/03/2013 at 13:02
What a difference a week makes - 2.29.48 I got my pacing right for once - clocking 7.30s very consistently so I'm very pleased with that. Report later...

Well done Ant, Oompa and Bro (and Mr Bro )

Come on Minni where are you?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.