RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,041 to 27,060 of 37,209 messages
03/03/2013 at 09:03

Good luck, racers    Remember: don't be shit

DD: ouch - that must have hurt. But you did a great swim .  What 911 did you have? Mine was one of the last few 993s (a Targa - loved the glass roof!!) built in '96. My heart still bleeds coz I left it behind when we moved back home but since we downsized massively the fancy cars had to go

AA: Enjoy San Fran - love the place. Great running routes down by the harbour front ...

Hope weather is better where you are. Sun is out which is nice but we have a bitch of a westerly wind blowing. Just changed my planned route to one where I should have it more from the side than full frontal. 22 on the menu for today  ...

Went to the cinema yesterday and watched the most inspirational movie ever. It's called GOLD and it's a documentary made by a disabled German director about 3 outstanding Paralympians. Kurt Fearnley (he needs no introduction - what a hero), Kirsten Bruhns (German swimmer who had a motorbike accident age 22 that left her in a wheelchair) and blind Kenyan long distance runner Henry Waniyoke. I hope they are going to screen it in the UK - it really is worth watching.

03/03/2013 at 09:19
Chick - I remember Kurt Fearnley talking about tha film in his MT interview. No idea if it's coming here but I hope so.

Just quickly checking in pre-race (we start at 10) - good luck to everyone pinning a number on today
03/03/2013 at 10:16
Morning all
Very best of luck to all racing today. Sub 90 please Minni. PB please Bro and beat MrB. Hope all goes well for everyone else racing running or recovering
Need to catch up so apologies for brief visit. LR completed 23.6 @7.55 mm av. Split the run into 3 parts. 8 miles between 8.16 and 8.30 mm.,8 miles around but not over 8mm, and last 7.6miles around 7.30mm. It was good to see how the easy start enabled me to finish strongly. That was my last LR over 20 miles. Febtastic completed too
Excited to see the race results coming in. It's like when I was a child watching the football scores on the teleprinter on a Saturday afternoon
03/03/2013 at 12:15
Quick check in. Not my day today, ran 43:11 so a few seconds off my pb of 43:01. A bit disappointed as was hoping for 42:x but hey ho, will nail it next time. On a positive note my splits were consistent and I didn't fall apart, the legs just didn't want to go any faster today. MrB ran 41 so had no chance of taking him down on this occasion. At least my marriage is safe.
Good luck to everyone else racing, looking forward to the reports.
03/03/2013 at 12:25
Was a very good boy today and held back. 2h 33m 21s according to Garmin.

Full report later when I can feel my fingers again!
03/03/2013 at 12:35

Hi All - I have to admit that last night when i saw that it was going to take me 1:30 to drive to the Spitfire 20 in good traffic, I thought sod that. So I did the inaugural Enfield 20 mile race with a feed station every 4 miles.

Had to dig deep but managed to do my target plan. 1st 10 miles @ 8:22, 2nd 10 miles 7:44, for a total time of 2:40. And even better I didn't need to drive an hour and a half back home.

Sunday roast now. 

Well done Oompa & Bro - hope everyone else had a good one.

03/03/2013 at 12:53
Bro - don't worry that's still an excellent 10k time with all the heavy training we are undertaking at present.

2old - ace long run.

Chick - hope the 22 goes well.

Oomps - well held back.

Ant - sounds like a perfect run. Enjoy the roast.

Think minni started at midday. Nervous...
03/03/2013 at 13:02
What a difference a week makes - 2.29.48 I got my pacing right for once - clocking 7.30s very consistently so I'm very pleased with that. Report later...

Well done Ant, Oompa and Bro (and Mr Bro )

Come on Minni where are you?
03/03/2013 at 13:03
Ant and Oompa- well done, both plans executed to perfection.
Go Minni go!!!
03/03/2013 at 13:07
Free- yey! You nailed it Very well done.
03/03/2013 at 14:19

Ant/oompa/2old - well done

Free - Well done on the sub 3:30

DD - Apparently Brownlee broke the course record, even after taking a wrong turn, that's younsters for you

Edited: 03/03/2013 at 14:20
03/03/2013 at 14:21
Free- great race ....well on track for an impressive marathon. Join the ranks of the sub 2.30 20 milers!
Ant- very disciplined run ,looking good for Paris
Oomp- brilliant race
Bro- nearly a pb on top of lots of miles. That will do nicely. The things you have to do the show your place in the marriage
Minni-?
03/03/2013 at 14:25
DD- congrats on your tri result. Looks like Brownlee out psyched you. You're going to need to work on your mental side of competition. Seriously after all the tough work you've done in the last few weeks you have no reason to feel disappointed.
03/03/2013 at 14:27
DNF. Will report when I get home. No harm done.
03/03/2013 at 14:30

Crikey! 22 miles later and so much has happened!

Great racing Oompa, Ant, Freemers

Bro: 10ks are a pain and very hard to do on lots of miles, so don't be too disheartened.

Hope Minni has a good one too!

My 22 miler was uneventful - kept the HR low (70% ish), av. pace 8:51 - very consistent splits despite the wind. For some reason it was more frontal than sideways no matter which way I ran

76.5 miles for the week -- my highest for a long time

03/03/2013 at 14:32

xpost minni   darn! Hope nothing serious due to the trapped nerve?

03/03/2013 at 14:34
Minni - hope alls ok
Chick - great 22 and weekly total....I did 71 last week and 95 in the last 8 days
03/03/2013 at 14:35
Oh Minni, hope you are ok! Better to not finish than further injure yourself, hope you are alright!

Well done to all the racers, some great times guys.

Bro don't be too disappointed with your 10km time, you ran that on tired marathon training legs, imagine what you could do if you weren't in the midst of mara training!

Yay, Freemers, excellently paced and such a boost for you after last week's 20, well done!

Ant + Oompa great races from you both too. Nice to see everyone's training falling into place

I managed 6.5 miles today, only stopped once to strech the achilles (at the top of a hill), so hopefully rollering, tennis balling, streching + icing is helping.
03/03/2013 at 14:43

Bro I think that's a really positive run for this point in training. You'll probably nail a string of PBs after the marathon. Bet Mr Bro is thrilled for you...being safely behind him.

Excellent race Freemers, so pleased for you.  Impressive consistency. Have you got a cut back week planned soon? Remember to save your best efforts for VLM!

Ant P - excellent pacing. Is 7.44 your target MP? Enjoy the roast.

Oompa, sounds like you had a strong day too. That's a great speedy time, make sure you recover well.

Waiting for your report Minni, hope it was just a case of focusing on the bigger picture.

Nice long run Chick, I'm dead impressed with your mileage at the moment.

Kiwi that all sounds positive, rehab seems to be working.

1.5k swimming this morning and off to the gym shortly for some time on the elliptical etc. No treadmill though, I'm a bit limpy after a 9 mile run and about 5 miles of walking yesterday. This is all compensating for an exceptionally nice dinner last night.

03/03/2013 at 14:45

hope it was a dinner in very nice company, Weeble

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.