RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,181 to 27,200 of 36,956 messages
05/03/2013 at 22:09

Spoons it's still running, and you've done over an hour.  Those guns you'll have built up in the gym will be slowing you down a bit...

06/03/2013 at 05:03

Free, how's the calf doing?

Chick, nice 15 miler.  So glad the sun's putting in an appearance again.  Enjoy Denmark, hope you have a lovely break

Red, don't you just hate working with people like that   Glad he got his comeuppance and I hope the tempo hasn't affected your knee.  Your 20m strategy sounds good.  Just listen to your body and don't expect too much from yourself.

Brolish, yay for the mood-lifting run   Sod the 10k indeed.  Have a lovely weekend.  I must confess, any time anyone mentions Bruges I start chuckling.  Have you seen the film 'In Bruges'?  Hysterical!!!  Colin Farrell at his scatty Irish best.

O4S, you're on   After last night's effort, I at least feel more confident I wouldn't be holding you back 

Minni, yay!  Glad you're feeling better.

AA, happy travels   Yep, running naked rocks!!  But I'm with 2Old on this one, I have to hide it from the authorities...... 

2Old, and lo, Ronaldo did just that   Nice intervals.  Btw, I love your 4x10k plan for Freemers.  Free, how you feeling about that one?  Walk in the park???  

Barry, hang on in there with the x-training, you're doing really well.

Spoons, awesome 

KFC, sounds idyllic cycling.

06/03/2013 at 05:08

I'm still super chuffed about my mini tempo last night.  I can't believe I was literally dying on my feet trying to run 8:45-9m/m on Sunday, and last night I felt like I was on fire.  All hail to the power of good R n R.  As I snuck in a sort of session yesterday when it wasn't planned, I am going to revert to today being MLR day.  I am planning 14 easy.  Temperatures are starting to rise over here, it's gonna be 34 today  so I think I'll leave it until a little later before heading out....

06/03/2013 at 05:32
SS - I don't think I could manage 10 min/mile in 34 degrees!

2old - can't ever bring myself to cheer Manu on either!! Oh well....!

Spoons - an hours a great landmark reached for you. And all in one piece too.

Can't sleep ...
06/03/2013 at 06:42
Morning All,

SS - Mega tempo

Minni, KFC & Carrot - Course profile looks like pretty much all downhill for the last two miles? Some shiny new pb's to polish come Sunday afternoon methinks

Barry - Agree with Minni's view re people in gyms thinking your mad if you're pushing yourself... Don't have that problem myself... Too busy preening in front of the mirror Keep up the good work x-training.

AA - Have a great time in San Fran. By the way, in the photo, are you Patsy or is that Minni with her penchant for alcohol

8 mile VO2 intervals on the TM from me last night with 6 x 600m @ 6.00 min/ml with 300m recovery. Apart from (as usual) it feeling like an oven in the gym, the intervals felt fairly easy... That's a worry!
06/03/2013 at 06:43
Carrot wrote (see)

Spoons it's still running, and you've done over an hour.  Those guns you'll have built up in the gym will be slowing you down a bit...

Ha ha not really. The weights are mostly glutes, hams, quads. In fact my quads are burning this morning....

06/03/2013 at 07:30
Oompa, poser gym bunny Sounds like a great TM session. Nice speed there.

AA, are you all awake and excited cos of your trip?

In other news, I just jumped on the scales and am 1kg down Only 2 more to go, 3 would be nice but 2 will do fine.
06/03/2013 at 08:34
SS - I'm struggling at the moment to keep my weight above 70kgs at the moment as I always lose too much during mara training.
06/03/2013 at 08:41
I'm just trying to shift what I put on over Christmas and when I was sick and really fed up in Jan
06/03/2013 at 08:47
The way you're going, it'll be off in no time
06/03/2013 at 08:47

SS - it's no wonder you feel so chuffed after your great run yesterday. Hope you enjoy hte MLR, if you can in that heat .  My calf feels much better today, thanks - it was  only tight from the race so I knew it would take a couple of days to ease off. I have a rest day today as well, so can get back to the quality stuff tomorrow.  And I am ignoring 2old's 4 x 45min 10k idea

Oompa - great speed work there...I can only dream of a 6 minute mile

AA - have a brilliant time...so jealous

06/03/2013 at 09:32

Speed Sheep - great run yesterday. It just shows the difference a few days can make. I too have a MLR to do later.

Minni - it's good to see that you are feeling better

2oldnever - that is a fantastic interval session you did the other day. I hope to progress to someting similar in the next few weeks

Spoons - great progress. Well done.

Chickadee - excellent MLR. I always seem to struggle with the MLR and can never get much faster than 8:40s

Freemers - it looks like we have similar goals for VLM. In 2011 I had an average pace of 7:34 for a time of 3:21:09. I was going on my garmin time and hadn't factored in the slight garmin inaccuracy. This year I plan to set off at 7:25 to 7:30 pace and hope for the best.

Oompa - mega fast reps. Even better that they felt fairly easy.

Track session for me last night - 3 x 1m and 1 x 1k with 3 mins recovery.. I wasn't sure how the legs would cope after the half marathon so took the first one steady enough. Splits for 3 x 1 m were 6:38, 6:24, 6:19 and the 1k was done in a time of 3:53. Also did 2.5m warm up and a 2.5m cool down both @ 8:35 pace.

06/03/2013 at 09:58

Oompa -  Quick reps, look on the positive lighter means quicker.

Col - Very decent mile reps. With the pace you are showing are you not tempted by 7:20's for sub 3:15?

Real shame about Man U.

75 mins on the x trainer at the gym this morning.

06/03/2013 at 10:36

Morning to all

SS-hope your run in the sun goes ok

Col-pretty impressive intervals by you too. I agree with Barry-7.20 is realistic

Barry-carry on at that rate and well see you doing duathlons on Eurosport-the cross ski and shooting sort.Epic. I nearly cried when Ronaldo scored

Free-thats the last time I offer you any training ideas

Oomp-another quality session. How do you avoid being blown away in strong winds at that weight?The harder I try to lose it the more myOH piles on my plate

Spoons-you're definately getting full value from your gym membership

AA-dont forget -ski in Tahoe and check out the Alcatraz swim please

MLR planned for tonight

Dubai Dave    pirate
06/03/2013 at 10:43

Hi Peeps

SS: Nice running, are we ever going to see you at Mushrif?

Free: 2Olds Plan sounds logical to me

Spoons: Your on the way back

AA: Enjoy SF

CoL / Oompa: Nice work.

2K swim done, 15K of hill repeats to run tonight. 

06/03/2013 at 11:07
2old - will check it out for you.

Nice reps oomps and col.

Currently on 2nd wine in the bar...pilot off sick...flight delayed! Oh well...hic!
06/03/2013 at 11:43
Are we positive Bro isn't going to San Fran this weekend??!!
06/03/2013 at 11:51

AA- Lol.. I am firmly sat at my desk in London Bridge. Maybe just being in contact with me (even virtually) brings bad luck! Hope they find another pilot soon. Enjoy the vino!

06/03/2013 at 12:12
DD, next week! Oh I know, it's always next week Sorry I didn't make it on Monday, I was absolutely out of it. But the rest obviously did me the power of good so I should be fighting fit when I finally get there......
AA, the bar is always the logical place to hang out at airports so enjoy! In fact, I'm wondering what on earth I'm going to do when I fly back for VLM
06/03/2013 at 12:42

Col - I have to agree with Barry. With the speed that you are showing, sub 3.15 is a definite possibility. Nice mile reps.

Barry & 2old - I know lighter = quicker but from previous experience, if i drop much below 70 kgs i feel weak and struggle with my endurance. I don't have any problems with being blown away by high winds due to only standing 3ft 6in tall, i have a nice low centre of gravity! Makes my cadence really high as well.

AA & Brol - As well as poisoning the pilot, it was nice of Brol to whip up another storm to greet you AA, only this one's full of snow!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.