RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,661 to 27,680 of 37,330 messages
19/03/2013 at 14:15

I bet it stays like this until April 21st when all of the sudden we get a heatwave and have to struggle with 25 degrees on the day

19/03/2013 at 14:16

Ant:  don't be upset, but at our local YKW last Saturday one of our Under 11 girls recorded 20.01

Brol:  be sensible, all is not yet lost but it might be if you try to do too much too soon

SS: you are tempting me to match your target  

Spoons: are you planning to audition for a part in Terminator 97??

2old: want an expert's advice on managing information flow to OH

I'm buying shares in a cottonwool company and some more in an Ibuprofen manufactuer..................................

19/03/2013 at 14:21

Brol - I've pm'd you re the shin splints.

Chick - Well done for getting it done.

Ant - Nice pace for your mile reps. How many did you do?

19/03/2013 at 14:50

AntP-youll destroy that YKW with all that pent up taper energy and that challenge from 04S. Very good mile repeats.

Bro-hope the shins repair quickly but you are doing the right thing giving them some TLC now. Crossing everything here for you. Didnt fancy intervals so did a tempo session instead.

O4S-cotton wool? Crash helmet more like!

Chick-you can almost bet it will be a heatwave on 21st. Good thing the AC was off at the gym this lunch time-very warm-unlike your freezing run.Congrats for getting out there and doing it.

Couldnt bring myself to do intervals-sorry P+D -but compromised with 6k warm up at 12kmph followed with 14k at 14.1kmph(6.54mm) and 1km cool down, 21k altogether. Pretty tough to say the least.Might do some intervals later this week if I've recovered

19/03/2013 at 15:34
Bro, so sorry to hear that It's horrible to be sidelined for any length of time, even if it is just a few days. As chick says, you've done so much of the hard work already and no one's marathon training plans ever go 100% so don't lose heart, we're all right behind you

Ant, I'm sure you're in great shape to give that PB a real good go at the weekend. Exciting stuff!

Chick, I'm so counting on it being cool in London!! I'm hoping i might gain valuable seconds per mile without 30 degrees to contend with. If it's hot, im jumping straight back on a plane home!

O4S, get in there! We will take 3:44 down (hopefully.......)

2old, well done for sticking with your session, i must confess i wimped out of mine.

So tonight I planned on doing Brolish's session from a week or so back, 1m@10k pace, 4m@MP, 1m@10k and was really looking forward to it after such a great week last week. As soon as i started running, my legs felt very tired. I warmed up and thought some speed would shift it, but no, they definitely felt like lead. I quickly decided not to thrash them as clearly they are still recovering from the weekend and changed tack and so all I did was a 45 min recovery run. Whilst I feel a little disappointed, I cannot beat myself up as Sunday's 3hr 20 miler was brilliant, it was 12 mins faster than the previous week, but it also shows that perhaps I was training a little too hard for an LSR - whoops....!! But it was a great confidence booster so I think I will bank that, slow the rest of my LSRs right back down (except Sunday where i want to put in 8m@MP) and concentrate on nailing my quality sessions. Lesson learned, move on!
19/03/2013 at 15:51

Bro - my shins seem to be OK now. I had them years ago and they came back last year. Go and see a physio. They gave me loads of exercises to sort out my weaknesses.

19/03/2013 at 15:55
Quick ((())) to Brolish.
19/03/2013 at 16:06

I only did 2 x 1 mile repeats! So not exactly testing, but I haven't done them for a while. 

O4s - cracking stuff! Mind you they are probably a bit lighter then me I think 20:45 is probably more likely for my YKW, but I will adopt the crash and burn strategy of going out hard, which really worked for me last year.

19/03/2013 at 16:08

PS Chick re snow now and heatwave in late April. Ho ho - written in the stars, written in the stars 

19/03/2013 at 18:08
Ant- not done a YKW for a long time apart from part of a tri. My understanding is that you do go flat out from the off and hold on. Re the heat wave ..you'll be fine in Paris ..cool and a gentle breeze behind you
19/03/2013 at 18:19
Bro - very frustrating...spoons is right though, get some exercises prescribed.

Ant - I think a YKW is a great idea, you'll be flying!

Geneva was sunny and mild today. Great views of the lake from client's office, but sadly no chance to run round it. Now killing a bit of time at the airport. I have bought chocolate - supposedly for work but I might be tempted to steal a bit
19/03/2013 at 19:42
I am so shite at running fast. That's all.
19/03/2013 at 19:44

I wish I was as shite at running fast as you are Minni

19/03/2013 at 20:04
Minni- so why do you think that when we don't?
19/03/2013 at 20:21
That's because you're all so nice 2old. It's ok I was just freezing and drenched and spat the dummy!
19/03/2013 at 20:35

Minni - its just not true!

Oompa - sounds great, be careful!

Bro - rubbish.  Be careful and do all you can to get healed.

O4S/Simon - end of July.  Current idea is a N to S coast to coast of France, via massif central then AdH for the tri, swinging by Ventoux on the way to the coast.  A few days adrift of le tour so should get some good road graffiti

Still ill.  Day 7 of no training.  Feeling a bit better, but still only good for walking right now.    

19/03/2013 at 20:59

Bro - I really feel for you.  At least you are still OK to swim and spin, and by tomorrow you'll know that you can run tomorrow! Hang in there, I really hope a lower mileage week is all you need. 

Great mile reps Ant, have a bit of faith in yourself for the YKW on Saturday.  Relax, imagine there's not pressure, warm up well and just go for it.

Minni if all of our training sessions went to plan we surely wouldn't appreciate them half as much?

I've had a bit of a niggle in my left heel / just under my ankle bone on and off for a few months now that's never really hurt, it's just let me know it's there every now and then.  It was a bit sore on Saturday on my easy run, then again on Sunday when I did my long run.  After the run it was really hurting I didn't run yesterday, have tried one mile on the treadmill tonight and I can still feel it.  I've got a 10 mile race on Sunday!! Meanwhile Parsnip has been sat with frozen salmon on his calf tonight and has been advised not to run until Friday.  It was all going so well

On a brighter note, we're off to see Biffy Clyro tomorrow night

19/03/2013 at 21:26
Evening all,

Just returned from a long weekend in Southern Italy and trying to catch up on all the posts from the weekend. Managed to run, including an extremely hilly 14 miles, with over half of that continual uphill climb.

Bro / Free / AA / 2old - Absolutely fantastic HMs at the weekend... Real inspiration for us all. Never realised what a buzz it is seeing other people's PBs coming through. Real sense of pride

On the subject of Garmins, how do you turn off auto-lap?
19/03/2013 at 21:39

Carrot - Hope the heel thing sorts itself before Sunday.

Blade - Always amazes me how dedicated runners are! We still run when we could/should be enjoying our breaks/holidays. Well done.

Minni - Everyone has a right to throw the toys every once in a while... Bet your next run's a belter.

5.2 miles with the club tonight @ 9.03. Felt ridiculously easy, but kept it slow as calf felt a little tight on the second loop. Very pleased.

19/03/2013 at 21:49
Bro, Carrot ((())). Hope a bit of rest helps both of you.

Minni, you are so not shit.

Kfc, hope you feel better soon.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.