27,761 to 27,780 of 37,230 messages
21/03/2013 at 12:47
Minni wrote (see)
My husband told my I was fecking mental

He was right....

21/03/2013 at 12:48

Simon - great challenge. Sounds like you'll need loads of butt cream

21/03/2013 at 12:48

Now I have gym membership I'm starting to wonder if I should do some treadmill training as well....

21/03/2013 at 12:52
Minni - my view FWi is that a lot of what we do is about training in muscle memory and the TM is great for doing as it is constant and consistent ,we don't have the added demand of thinking about getting to the required pace. ,its done for us. When in a race where we want to run at a particular pace the pace can often be set by another runner and I let the 'memory' kick in ,if that person slows up or goes too fast I find someone else to use as the pace setter. It seems to take a bit of the work load off which over time makes a difference. Also where there isnt anyone setting the pace for me I try to visualise a TM session. Eg 12k from the end of VLM I thought of the numerous sessions I did on the TM for that distance and pacecand it seemed a manageable . I use the TM for long and short sessions and guess 25-30% of my runs are on the TM. I'm probably talking cr@p but that's my theory.
Hope the snow lays off for you ..how far is your MP run? If its less than 10 miles I'd do it on the TM as its about getting the feel for the pace as much as anything
Bro- your post reminds me of the video. I run because I'm injured? Glad shins were ok
21/03/2013 at 12:53
Freemers wrote (see)
bladerunner07 wrote (see)

Free - not sure about Cranleigh really. Being a Cranleigh virgin, I was thinking 15 easy with a push on the last 6. What are you thinking?

Pretty much the same - pacing @ 8.20-8.30 for 15 and then @ 7.30-7.40 for the last 6. I've predicted 2.50 for my Marchvelous target (you missed out on the fun (?) of that) so I think that works out about that time if I've done my sums right.  I'm number 403 if you spot me. Probably be wearing a pink top, or possibly light blue. Or black. Well, whatever comes out the draw first really. Likely to have a black base layer (sorry Minni but it's going to be cold and I won't be racing) and black shorts, white compression socks. And I look like....my avatar (if you can squint!)

Need to watch the video later - can't access it from work

Off for some intervals later.

Free - I'll look out for you! I'll be wearing an orange lightweight jacket and black / blue shorts. Number 595

AA - like your version of an 'easier' session!

Oompa - I'm with 2old and SS. Do the run but maybe laps near home in case you need to bail out...

Bro - keep icing and stretching those shin splints. Glad you and MrB recreated Minni's video clip for us this morning!

SS - tried putting a pic for the avatar but my pic files are all too big?

21/03/2013 at 12:59
2old - it's 12m after a 3 mile warm up.

Interesting thoughts on the TM. Certainly got me thinking.
21/03/2013 at 13:10

O4S - looking forward to stitches and surgical arrows on the green start then...   Seriously, hoping the next weeks go as smooth as possible.

Simon - phew, great challenge.  It took me 4 days and about 30 hours total riding time on my London to Newcastle ride the other week - 24 hours would be a big challenge!  The only advice I can give is do lots of riding, and apply vaseline in the morning and savlon in the evening.  Oh, and get a nosebag for your top tube that you can continually eat from.

Another slow 3M run today.  HR still high, but a bit better than yesterday.  Will I be fit to race my mormon half on Saturday?  Hope so...  

21/03/2013 at 13:11
Minni - try it on the TM ...perfect distance with warm up
21/03/2013 at 13:25

O4S - damn big C - fingers crossed marathon and ultra aren't affected.

Ew - treadmills. Useful on occasion but wouldn't use them out of choice. I think 2old & AA would be flying even without them. I particularly dislike the fact that you don't get any wind effect. 

Simon - stock up on Sudocrem - nice and cheap and does the job.

7 miles today with 3 miles at PMP. I think I am going to revise my MP to 7:35. How is everyone else doing with goal setting?

21/03/2013 at 13:30

Ant - I sometimes get wind effect on the TM. 

Goal Setting - still not gone there.....

21/03/2013 at 13:31
My marathon news has arrived to

2old - I agree. I like the mental strength it gives you too. I've done 20+ miles a number if times on it when the lanes are flooded or I want consistency. I do most of my speed work on mine too.

Minni - is you mp run instead of a 20 miler this weekend or as well as??
21/03/2013 at 13:44

AA - I have got a sports massage booked for the weekend. What is the difference between having a sports massage and seeing a physio ?

21/03/2013 at 13:49

Sorry to break up the TM love-in, but i was joking when i said that i loved them... I can't bear the wretched things! Even with a TV screen and a view out across the golf course, it is tedious beyond belief. My gym's ones read in kmh so i have to "do the math". Lastly despite the so-called cooling fans in them, i still end up looking like the pilot from the film "Airplane", even after a short run! 

On the subject of , i've just received my red plastic post and was excitedly opening it, when i saw two clear imposters on the front cover... The Oompa fraud squad have been informed!!! 

Rant over...

21/03/2013 at 13:54

I've just worked out what kph that would be on the TM and there's no way I could do it.  Also life gets in the way at home.

AA - its as well as the weekend lsr, which is 3:15 duration run this weekend.

21/03/2013 at 14:05
Oomps - sorry, and yes definitely impostors

Carter - sports massage or more hands on. But I'm only comparing it to the ohysios I've been to who generally use machines a bit more.

Did anyone notice that this years London starts at 10am and not 9:45?!
21/03/2013 at 14:06
Minni - omg this is a mega week for you! 17 on Friday and 22ish on Sunday? Awesome
21/03/2013 at 14:09

Oompa - I've just opened the envelope and seen them on the cover. Outrageous!

Just back from my session - included 4 x 1 mile @ 6.40-6.50 pace with 0.5 mile recoveries. 8 miles total with w/u and c/d. I'm still loving my intervals

21/03/2013 at 14:15

O4S - I am really sorry to hear your news. I love your positive attitude and wish you all the best.

Brolish - good news on the shins. I am sure you are really relieved. 

Interesting thoughts on the treadmill. I rarely use the treadmill, but this year I have started to use the track twice a week for intervals and tempo sessions. I find it easier to lock into a pace on the track than it is on the road, and generally there are other runners of similar pace to keep up with. Although having said that my pacing was all the place on Tuesday so maybe it depands on the type of session.

I have a half marathon on Saturday but the weather is looking particularly grim for it. They have just issued an amber weather warning for Friday and Saturday.

5m last night at easy pace, and similar planned for tonight.

Good luck all.  

21/03/2013 at 14:15
Minni- looks like a big weekend of running for you . Might needs is shoes. Actually it's not too dissimilar to mine though my LR may be about 30mins less
Minni/oomph - I've reached the stage where I dream in KMs these days
AA- 19 miles was enough for me. The reason I finished then was the match I was watching was over
AA/pomp - my post arrives late. I'll have to hope my OH doesn't hide it
Re TM wind- open the window. Set up a fan? Cyclists do lots on the turbo these days so why shouldn't we.? I'm looking for a TM company to sponsor me after all of this
21/03/2013 at 14:18

AA - 10am??? Oh no... Another 15 minutes of nerves! 

Minni - Mega week! What will the total be for the week?

Nice mile reps Free. 

Never thought i'd say this but i'm really jealous of all the good speedwork that's going on, on this thread. 

I reckon it's gonna be a pb fest come the 21st! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.