RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,781 to 27,800 of 37,330 messages
21/03/2013 at 14:30

AA-10am? A lie in ,thats great

Oomp-dont tempt fate please

Ant-my attempt at track speed work led to patella tendonitis and a year away from running

Free -excellent mile reps

Edited: 21/03/2013 at 14:30
21/03/2013 at 14:34

10.00am??  I hope I have booked a late enough train home

21/03/2013 at 14:44
10am? Excellent! More time to have fun on the Green start!
21/03/2013 at 14:59

OMG - more VLM magazine outrage....there's no Timex fridge magnet included  What with that and the change of start time I'm going to need to go and lie down for a while.

21/03/2013 at 15:07

O4S-train home? Arent you running home?Run faster and it wont be a problem

Free-all this magazine talk is making me jealous.

Its the 21st today...does that mean we only have a month left...unless youre counting down to Paris?

21/03/2013 at 15:28

2old:  I have Mr O4S to consider = otherwise I would obviously run both to and from VLM!

21/03/2013 at 15:35

10AM start! Jeez - you heat lovers are going to love that... That's a really rather late start. Paris starts at 8:45 French time - ie 7:45 GMT.

Mind you with the weather as it is maybe we don't ever have to worry about heat again!

21/03/2013 at 15:44

bogged down at work - no time to read back much but I read about O4S

((((( ))))))   gutted. What a damn nightmare. Them bloody C-cells picked you for some reason    I wish they would stop now. Surely you've had your fair share?  Hope you bounce back as well as you always do.

21/03/2013 at 15:52

O4S-cant you put him on a bike?

Ant-you are right about it warming up.I was warm on Sunday in the last few miles of The HM and it was about 5c and that race started at 9am. Hope you did some of your LRs starting at 7.45 to get your body clock used to it. My other worry is that Bro will be there so anything can happen...and it probably will

Col-did you say you are wearing a jacket for the race on Sunday-suprised Minni hasnt had words about that

21/03/2013 at 15:53
SS - meant to say, I saw that bloke at festival place on the rower a few years back too!

Freemers - brilliant reps after your half on Sunday. Shows what's still in your legs

10am means it will be easier for us to meet at charring cross too
21/03/2013 at 17:14

2old: can you just remind me what the cost of a divorce is these days?

Chick:  they may have picked on me but I don't think they realise what they have taken on

No fridge magnet, 10.00am start - I do not believe it!  I think I know who you are all referring to as imposters but what is the underlying point of all the orange colour and funny hair [or am I too old to understand]

Minni:  actually fecking idiot sounds quite mild!

21/03/2013 at 17:24

I skip a day and 2-3 pages, lots of good running.

((O4S)) If everyone had your attitude, the world would be a much better place. Bet they'd run lots of ultras too. .

Simon, I'll sponsor you nearer the time. Sounds like a great way to do something for your friend.

Brol, glad the run went well, fingers crossed no more shin pain.

Minni, Completely agree with your post, everyone is equal, we are all runners, different strength, inspire & help each other. Hope the snow is improving.

2old, I've had that sore outside knee area, do you wear compression socks? Could be ITB or just general soreness from high mileage, foam rolling all linked areas can loosen things off, calf, quads, hamstrings.

SS sounds like a fab run in that heat.

Tuesday intervals, probably toughest club session, we dont have a track so 0.4m of road loop, with 0.25m slow recovery. Gone up a group since last year, but seeing 8-9 people flying past each time, just demoralising and painful. 0.4m x 10 done, @ 5:25-5:40 pace. Didn't puke, but so so close.

Legs were a bit tight yesterday, thankfully S & C class always lots of stretching. Glute & hamstring work, heavy dead lifts. Hips are more flexible which was a long term injury so progress.. Legs feel like new too so must be doing some good.. Only a few days till taper time and those animal photos...

Speaking of which, Where is Mr Z?

21/03/2013 at 18:00
Brolish, whoop whoop!!! Let's hope that's your pre-race niggle all sorted out now.

10am start? My word, think of all that valuable post-race drinking time we're missing :O

What's with the imposters on the front of the magazine? Who are they? I want to read my copy now!!! Might have to resort to desperate measures and get someone to scan it to me. Ayone got a slow day in the office coming up???
21/03/2013 at 20:15
Evening All,

Brol - Glad the shins are getting better, did you do the funny tippy tappy thingumijig dance that I pm'd you ?

So wrapped up in Oompagate that I didn't notice the missing Timex fridge magnet.
Do you think they'll dish them out at Expo?

My 11 mile MLR turned into an 8.5 (is that far enough to be called an MLR?), as I felt the calf gradually tightening. Ran semi-naked (had Garmin, but didn't look at it until finished) Splits as follows...

9.36 - 0.5 mile c/d.
21/03/2013 at 20:28
O4S - have you never read/watched Charlie & The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl?
21/03/2013 at 20:30

Oompa:  No!

21/03/2013 at 20:32
Oh?!... In that case as you state, it would make no sense
21/03/2013 at 20:53

Right. Sorry about this but........

21/03/2013 at 20:57

O O M P A !!!! 

You're coming back from injury and you throw out a session like that with no real warm up!  Are you mad??? Neither wonder the calf started to get tight. 

Great that you got those faster miles in but seriously you need to make sure you warm up properly. 

And as for running semi naked in this cold weather......

21/03/2013 at 21:00
What Minni what?
Oompa- I have been tapping religiously and will continue to do so! Many thanks for that
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.