RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,781 to 27,800 of 36,140 messages
21/03/2013 at 13:25

O4S - damn big C - fingers crossed marathon and ultra aren't affected.

Ew - treadmills. Useful on occasion but wouldn't use them out of choice. I think 2old & AA would be flying even without them. I particularly dislike the fact that you don't get any wind effect. 

Simon - stock up on Sudocrem - nice and cheap and does the job.

7 miles today with 3 miles at PMP. I think I am going to revise my MP to 7:35. How is everyone else doing with goal setting?

21/03/2013 at 13:30

Ant - I sometimes get wind effect on the TM. 

Goal Setting - still not gone there.....

21/03/2013 at 13:31
My marathon news has arrived to

2old - I agree. I like the mental strength it gives you too. I've done 20+ miles a number if times on it when the lanes are flooded or I want consistency. I do most of my speed work on mine too.

Minni - is you mp run instead of a 20 miler this weekend or as well as??
21/03/2013 at 13:44

AA - I have got a sports massage booked for the weekend. What is the difference between having a sports massage and seeing a physio ?

21/03/2013 at 13:49

Sorry to break up the TM love-in, but i was joking when i said that i loved them... I can't bear the wretched things! Even with a TV screen and a view out across the golf course, it is tedious beyond belief. My gym's ones read in kmh so i have to "do the math". Lastly despite the so-called cooling fans in them, i still end up looking like the pilot from the film "Airplane", even after a short run! 

On the subject of , i've just received my red plastic post and was excitedly opening it, when i saw two clear imposters on the front cover... The Oompa fraud squad have been informed!!! 

Rant over...

21/03/2013 at 13:54

I've just worked out what kph that would be on the TM and there's no way I could do it.  Also life gets in the way at home.

AA - its as well as the weekend lsr, which is 3:15 duration run this weekend.

21/03/2013 at 14:05
Oomps - sorry, and yes definitely impostors

Carter - sports massage or more hands on. But I'm only comparing it to the ohysios I've been to who generally use machines a bit more.

Did anyone notice that this years London starts at 10am and not 9:45?!
21/03/2013 at 14:06
Minni - omg this is a mega week for you! 17 on Friday and 22ish on Sunday? Awesome
21/03/2013 at 14:09

Oompa - I've just opened the envelope and seen them on the cover. Outrageous!

Just back from my session - included 4 x 1 mile @ 6.40-6.50 pace with 0.5 mile recoveries. 8 miles total with w/u and c/d. I'm still loving my intervals

21/03/2013 at 14:15

O4S - I am really sorry to hear your news. I love your positive attitude and wish you all the best.

Brolish - good news on the shins. I am sure you are really relieved. 

Interesting thoughts on the treadmill. I rarely use the treadmill, but this year I have started to use the track twice a week for intervals and tempo sessions. I find it easier to lock into a pace on the track than it is on the road, and generally there are other runners of similar pace to keep up with. Although having said that my pacing was all the place on Tuesday so maybe it depands on the type of session.

I have a half marathon on Saturday but the weather is looking particularly grim for it. They have just issued an amber weather warning for Friday and Saturday.

5m last night at easy pace, and similar planned for tonight.

Good luck all.  

21/03/2013 at 14:15
Minni- looks like a big weekend of running for you . Might needs is shoes. Actually it's not too dissimilar to mine though my LR may be about 30mins less
Minni/oomph - I've reached the stage where I dream in KMs these days
AA- 19 miles was enough for me. The reason I finished then was the match I was watching was over
AA/pomp - my post arrives late. I'll have to hope my OH doesn't hide it
Re TM wind- open the window. Set up a fan? Cyclists do lots on the turbo these days so why shouldn't we.? I'm looking for a TM company to sponsor me after all of this
21/03/2013 at 14:18

AA - 10am??? Oh no... Another 15 minutes of nerves! 

Minni - Mega week! What will the total be for the week?

Nice mile reps Free. 

Never thought i'd say this but i'm really jealous of all the good speedwork that's going on, on this thread. 

I reckon it's gonna be a pb fest come the 21st! 

21/03/2013 at 14:30

AA-10am? A lie in ,thats great

Oomp-dont tempt fate please

Ant-my attempt at track speed work led to patella tendonitis and a year away from running

Free -excellent mile reps

Edited: 21/03/2013 at 14:30
21/03/2013 at 14:34

10.00am??  I hope I have booked a late enough train home

21/03/2013 at 14:44
10am? Excellent! More time to have fun on the Green start!
21/03/2013 at 14:59

OMG - more VLM magazine outrage....there's no Timex fridge magnet included  What with that and the change of start time I'm going to need to go and lie down for a while.

21/03/2013 at 15:07

O4S-train home? Arent you running home?Run faster and it wont be a problem

Free-all this magazine talk is making me jealous.

Its the 21st today...does that mean we only have a month left...unless youre counting down to Paris?

21/03/2013 at 15:28

2old:  I have Mr O4S to consider = otherwise I would obviously run both to and from VLM!

21/03/2013 at 15:35

10AM start! Jeez - you heat lovers are going to love that... That's a really rather late start. Paris starts at 8:45 French time - ie 7:45 GMT.

Mind you with the weather as it is maybe we don't ever have to worry about heat again!

21/03/2013 at 15:44

bogged down at work - no time to read back much but I read about O4S

((((( ))))))   gutted. What a damn nightmare. Them bloody C-cells picked you for some reason    I wish they would stop now. Surely you've had your fair share?  Hope you bounce back as well as you always do.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.