RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,801 to 27,820 of 37,322 messages
21/03/2013 at 21:00
Oompa- lol you've been told!!! Nice pace
21/03/2013 at 21:02
Minni - Are you ok, or have you had another shitter than shit run? Oh no, just giving another bollocking to one of the team.
When you got up at 4:45, did you have an expresso and go to the toilet at least 3 times, cus your a marathon runner.

KFC - Thanks for the tips Re applying Vaseline and Savlon. You were talking about cycling weren't you?

Thanks everyone for your support btw
Edited: 21/03/2013 at 21:03
21/03/2013 at 21:04

Evening! Excitement building for the VLM crew

7 miles easy for me tonight

21/03/2013 at 21:06

Oompagate - they are not even real Oompas, unlike our Oompa. How dare they be on the front of the mag.  And as for no fridge magnet.... well I don't know what to say.

I've been rounding up some lost sheep and can report Cooks is having a bit of an up and down Spring (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).  And on the running front he had a HM he wasn't so happy with and a 10k he was delighted with and marathon training seems to be going well.   Meanwhile Daren is almost recovered and hopefully coming back to running when Spring arrives .... might be a long wait.     Zuvai is still lost in action.

21/03/2013 at 21:09

Simon - Yes I did!!

21/03/2013 at 21:25
I might have to speak up with this post as I am currently in the corner of the room facing the wall with a dunce's hat on!

I forgot to mention that i did a 10 min w/u beforehand as well as applying copious amounts of Deep Heat (ooh err missus), so not guilty on that one.

With regards to the second charge of too fast/too soon, the defendant enters a guilty as charged plea.

I didn't mean to as I was running on feel and (quite clearly), I can't pace myself!

Sorry Mrs Minni, I promise never to do it again (has fingers crossed behind back).
21/03/2013 at 21:31

O4S belated hugs from me.  As always you just seem to take it all in your stride, hope you manage to get a more convenient date sorted out.

Oompa I did smile when I saw the front of my VLM magazine today!  Imposters!! That's a speedy MLR....

Bro that's great news

Minni - thanks for the update on the AWOL team members, I was beginning to wonder!  Wonder where Zuvai is? We have Ant's taper coming up!!!

Ankle update - after one mile on the treadmill on Tuesday I headed back there last night.  My name is Carrot and I am a Treadmill Fan.  My plan was start easy, and up the pace after a mile if it felt OK, then up it after each mile.  In an ideal world that would mean a 5M progressive run, followed by 1M easy to cool down, maybe a bit extra to make up to 10K.  Happily did 1M at each: 11.5, 12.5, 13.5, 14.5 and 15.5kph. All went to plan, apart from the planned 1M cool down which ended up 1M @ 16kph   Followed by the last few hundred metres to make it up to 10K. Well I had fresh legs and didn't feel as if I'd had a hard enough session.  No pain afterwards and it survived last night's gig.  Fine this morning, managed a short easy run tonight.  I'm not convinced it's PF - I've had that before - it's more on the side of my foot.  Anyway, halving my usual mileage so far this week seems to have helped.  It's a taper for Sunday anyway. 

I can't believe there's no fridge magnet this year

21/03/2013 at 21:32

Ah well that's ok then if you did 10 minutes warm up.  Now we're feeling the lurve again.

lol

21/03/2013 at 21:36
Carot - Glad to hear it probably not PF, is it the inside or outside of the foot? Nice progressive TM sess btw.

Oompa - I think it's too late, Minni's already on her way round to kick your arse!
Edited: 21/03/2013 at 21:37
21/03/2013 at 21:44

Outside of the foot Simon, just below my ankle bone.  I had the same niggle before Christmas but assumed it was just because my trainers were worn out - there was a big chunk had come out of one side of the heel!  I started running in a new pair and the pain disappeared within a few days.  Those same trainers now have probably 500 miles in them (although I didn't think of that until the pain had returned) so again, time for fresh trainers.  But I was two weeks into the new ones when I did the 23 miler on Sunday and it was so sore afterwards.  I'm just not the spring chicken I used to be

21/03/2013 at 21:46
Hi and bi (for now). Off to Dartmoor for 25miles on Saturday and 21 on Sunday, moving on each day and carrying all our kit. Was going to take the I pad so I could keep in touch, but with a forecast of strong headwinds, heavy rain and bitter temps I have decided to keep weight to a minimum. Try not to post too much or I'll never catch up! Might just have to find a real ale pub and hole up there
21/03/2013 at 22:12

Flying check-in, but just wanted to send ((())) to O4S. Your attitude is an inspiration as always.

No Timex magnets?! What an outrage.

21/03/2013 at 22:34
Good luck O4S. Dartmoor in this weather.. Brrr. Mark all the pubs on your map?
Edited: 21/03/2013 at 22:36
21/03/2013 at 22:39
Oomp- what can I say about your rush of blood to the head? Probably what I'd have done anyway! But it was a warning ...the21st is your goal. Anyway do you really want to face MInni again?
O4S- enjoy?your light weekend. Think you might need avalanche gear ....and the gales? I nearly blew away walking from the car to my door...be careful
Carrot- at least you have time to wear in the new ones and be ready for April
Please can we have an embargo on talk about the marathon magazine until mine arrives. If there's no fridge magnet how will I know what my target time will be?
Simon- how many miles a week will you need to cycle to be ready for our challenge ?
Minni - good to see you've checked in with some of those missing in action
8 and a bit miles steady on the TM listening to the howling gale outside. Bit worried what I'm going to have to run in this weekend for my LR. I'm not as tough as you guys here
21/03/2013 at 22:43
FRC - re knee soreness. Yes I have been wearing calf guards. Stopped recently in case the pressure from them on the side of my knee is doing the damage. Thinking of doing the Runcorn Bridge 5 race on 31st ...ever done it?
21/03/2013 at 23:22
2old - This is the official training guide, with total mileage per week.....

Manchester 2 London

Total Distance 250 Miles

Average Speed of Pack 13 - 14 mph

Approximate time taken (inc stops)

Event
250 Miles
24 hrs

Week 17
REST

Week 16
188 Miles
18 hrs

Week 15
169 Miles
17hrs

Week 14
152 Miles
16 hrs (3 rests stops for this distance)

Week 13
137 Miles
14 hrs

Week 12
123 Mile
13hrs

Week 11
111 Miles
12 hrs

Week 10
100 Miles
11hrs (2 rest stops for this distance)

Week 9
90 Miles
9 hrs

Week 8
81 Miles
8 hrs

Week 7
73 Miles
7 hrs

Week 6
66 Miles
6 hr

Week 5
59 Miles
5.5 hrs

Week 4
53 Miles
5 hrs (1 rest stop for this distance)

Week 3
48 Miles
4 hrs

Week 2
43 Miles
3.5hrs

Week 1
39 Miles
3 hrs

Sorry about the format. So I'm upto about wk5 as I did 58m last week, and will aim for about 65-70 this w/end. When the clocks go forward I'll be ready to do my commutes. Then probably 2wks before the ride, I'll do the 100 mile commutes on consecutive days, to get used to doing it on tired legs/arse
21/03/2013 at 23:37
Simon- looks like running is off your agenda for a while but the plan would give you hell of a base for an Autumn marathon....or triathlon. It will get a lot easier for you when - if- this weather improves. As you say it's the butt you need to work on most
21/03/2013 at 23:46
2old - Your right, it would be great base training for a autumn mara. Also like yourself, being tall and skinny, I haven't got much padding on the old butt, so yes that needs toughening up!
22/03/2013 at 00:03
Simon - Whatdya mean skinny? Have you been talking to Mrs 2O? I'm starting to think I've got an eating disorder. Ok so you have the miles to do but does the plan throw in lots of big hills too?
22/03/2013 at 06:21
Morning all

Carrot - that's a great progressive session. I don't think my treadmill has hit over 15.4 before!! And you did 16 for a mile. Brilliant

O4S - have a great weekend. Weather looks shocking.

Simon - that's a lot if cycling training. Will be looking forward to your updates as I've gotta get back in the saddle too. And of course I will sponsor you.

Trying to decide whether to do my 20 today or tomorrow at the moment. It's either heavy rain and gales this morning and minus 3 feel factor or flooded lanes, snow and wind tomorrow. I'm sick of winter now.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.