RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,821 to 27,840 of 36,999 messages
21/03/2013 at 21:36
Carot - Glad to hear it probably not PF, is it the inside or outside of the foot? Nice progressive TM sess btw.

Oompa - I think it's too late, Minni's already on her way round to kick your arse!
Edited: 21/03/2013 at 21:37
21/03/2013 at 21:44

Outside of the foot Simon, just below my ankle bone.  I had the same niggle before Christmas but assumed it was just because my trainers were worn out - there was a big chunk had come out of one side of the heel!  I started running in a new pair and the pain disappeared within a few days.  Those same trainers now have probably 500 miles in them (although I didn't think of that until the pain had returned) so again, time for fresh trainers.  But I was two weeks into the new ones when I did the 23 miler on Sunday and it was so sore afterwards.  I'm just not the spring chicken I used to be

21/03/2013 at 21:46
Hi and bi (for now). Off to Dartmoor for 25miles on Saturday and 21 on Sunday, moving on each day and carrying all our kit. Was going to take the I pad so I could keep in touch, but with a forecast of strong headwinds, heavy rain and bitter temps I have decided to keep weight to a minimum. Try not to post too much or I'll never catch up! Might just have to find a real ale pub and hole up there
21/03/2013 at 22:12

Flying check-in, but just wanted to send ((())) to O4S. Your attitude is an inspiration as always.

No Timex magnets?! What an outrage.

21/03/2013 at 22:34
Good luck O4S. Dartmoor in this weather.. Brrr. Mark all the pubs on your map?
Edited: 21/03/2013 at 22:36
21/03/2013 at 22:39
Oomp- what can I say about your rush of blood to the head? Probably what I'd have done anyway! But it was a warning ...the21st is your goal. Anyway do you really want to face MInni again?
O4S- enjoy?your light weekend. Think you might need avalanche gear ....and the gales? I nearly blew away walking from the car to my door...be careful
Carrot- at least you have time to wear in the new ones and be ready for April
Please can we have an embargo on talk about the marathon magazine until mine arrives. If there's no fridge magnet how will I know what my target time will be?
Simon- how many miles a week will you need to cycle to be ready for our challenge ?
Minni - good to see you've checked in with some of those missing in action
8 and a bit miles steady on the TM listening to the howling gale outside. Bit worried what I'm going to have to run in this weekend for my LR. I'm not as tough as you guys here
21/03/2013 at 22:43
FRC - re knee soreness. Yes I have been wearing calf guards. Stopped recently in case the pressure from them on the side of my knee is doing the damage. Thinking of doing the Runcorn Bridge 5 race on 31st ...ever done it?
21/03/2013 at 23:22
2old - This is the official training guide, with total mileage per week.....

Manchester 2 London

Total Distance 250 Miles

Average Speed of Pack 13 - 14 mph

Approximate time taken (inc stops)

Event
250 Miles
24 hrs

Week 17
REST

Week 16
188 Miles
18 hrs

Week 15
169 Miles
17hrs

Week 14
152 Miles
16 hrs (3 rests stops for this distance)

Week 13
137 Miles
14 hrs

Week 12
123 Mile
13hrs

Week 11
111 Miles
12 hrs

Week 10
100 Miles
11hrs (2 rest stops for this distance)

Week 9
90 Miles
9 hrs

Week 8
81 Miles
8 hrs

Week 7
73 Miles
7 hrs

Week 6
66 Miles
6 hr

Week 5
59 Miles
5.5 hrs

Week 4
53 Miles
5 hrs (1 rest stop for this distance)

Week 3
48 Miles
4 hrs

Week 2
43 Miles
3.5hrs

Week 1
39 Miles
3 hrs

Sorry about the format. So I'm upto about wk5 as I did 58m last week, and will aim for about 65-70 this w/end. When the clocks go forward I'll be ready to do my commutes. Then probably 2wks before the ride, I'll do the 100 mile commutes on consecutive days, to get used to doing it on tired legs/arse
21/03/2013 at 23:37
Simon- looks like running is off your agenda for a while but the plan would give you hell of a base for an Autumn marathon....or triathlon. It will get a lot easier for you when - if- this weather improves. As you say it's the butt you need to work on most
21/03/2013 at 23:46
2old - Your right, it would be great base training for a autumn mara. Also like yourself, being tall and skinny, I haven't got much padding on the old butt, so yes that needs toughening up!
22/03/2013 at 00:03
Simon - Whatdya mean skinny? Have you been talking to Mrs 2O? I'm starting to think I've got an eating disorder. Ok so you have the miles to do but does the plan throw in lots of big hills too?
22/03/2013 at 06:21
Morning all

Carrot - that's a great progressive session. I don't think my treadmill has hit over 15.4 before!! And you did 16 for a mile. Brilliant

O4S - have a great weekend. Weather looks shocking.

Simon - that's a lot if cycling training. Will be looking forward to your updates as I've gotta get back in the saddle too. And of course I will sponsor you.

Trying to decide whether to do my 20 today or tomorrow at the moment. It's either heavy rain and gales this morning and minus 3 feel factor or flooded lanes, snow and wind tomorrow. I'm sick of winter now.
22/03/2013 at 06:29

Good morning folks!  Weather....    

Simon - we'll enjoy following your training. 

AA - I'm like you and just not sure what to do today.  My run will have to start after work but hoping I can be out on the road by 5pm.  Looking at the weather I might do the 3:15 duration run tonight and leave the MP run to Sunday.  It really depends on the weather.  Looking at the forecast we might just miss the worst since we're close to the coast.

22/03/2013 at 06:58

Simon - it looks easy when you break it down like that  

22/03/2013 at 09:49

Simon -  Thanks for the message, I will reply when the system lets me. Is it just me having problems messaging?

Brol/Carrot - good news on your injuries.

Oompa - are you off the naughty step yet? Never tried acupuncture and don't really want try anything different/or chuck more money at the injury so hoping another 2 weeks of no running has done the trick.  Tried hopping x 50 on it this morning at the gym after my x training session and no pain so fingers crossed for next week.

Received the VLM mag yesterday and kinda hit home how close it is and must admit, due to may lack of running,  a bit of apprehension kicked in but what will be will be.

22/03/2013 at 10:22
2old - I haven't looked at the profile yet. But if they have included some monster hills into the 250miles, then they are sick!

Basically I'm using my marathon training knowledge I've gained from Team Minni, and applying to biking. So I'll go off way to fast and blow up after about 50miles. I'll find some blonde with a flicky ponytail and hang on her arse, and then sprint past her at the finish. Oh and if I use 2old's plan, I'll turn up half an hour late at the start.
Edited: 22/03/2013 at 10:25
22/03/2013 at 10:22
Brutal morning here
Minni - only an idiot would consider running in these conditions so that's ok for many here. TM for me and fingers crossed for a LR on Sunday
Barry- it's looking positive for you but I know what you mean about apprehension. I didn't do any LRs for my first marathon in the last 5 weeks due to knee injury but it went pretty well in the circumstances. Don't forget all those miles done in the Autumn. In my 2010 VLM marathon I did 120 odd miles for Jan and Feb ,200 for March and ran 3.15....21 secs too slow for GFA..the 2 marathons I did the year before must have still been in my legs.
AA- looks like a TM 20
22/03/2013 at 11:21

Morning all...

Exciting to hear about all the VLM packs arriving for you guys.

Is the Oompa vs Minni bout over or are we ding ding, Round 2? Gues that depends on how well behaved you are Oompa!

Free - Guess you'll be wearing the base layer and the pink top on Sunday?

Threshold run for me at lunchtime - 6 miler with the middle 4 a HM pace. Like everyone else, sick to death of the weather. Unlikely to be on here tomorrow so good luck to everyone for their runs at the weekend.

22/03/2013 at 12:11

Barry/Blade - I've called in sick at work today as i'm too scared to leave the house!!! 

Simon - After last weeks hour on the exercise bike, your schedule makes me squirm, just looking at it. 

Calf update... Feels okay this morning after a rub with the Jointace gel from OH and another night spent with calf guard on... Wonder if i should ask Minni whether it'd be a good idea to race Hastings half this Sunday???

22/03/2013 at 12:21
VLM magazine arrived. I'm in the Green Start. Anyone here around to keep me company?
Oomp- good idea to avoid the risk of injury at work . Yes race it flat out.
Col- not long left to endure training in these conditions
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.