RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

27,921 to 27,940 of 36,995 messages
23/03/2013 at 20:56
Barry I'm mega impressed with your cross training. Do you remember sal on the 3:15 thread, last year I think. She was injured and x trained virtually right through the marathon campaign and came out with sub 3:15 on the day.

AA no need to dwell on that run. The HM would still be in your legs and at least you got it done.

Good luck tomorrow Carrot.

Kiwi - yeah you're the lucky one not doing marathon training.

I'm thinking of a summer of shorter distance after the marathon. Few 10ks etc. obviously I've been drinking!
23/03/2013 at 21:31
Lol minni - you hate 10ks!!

Carrot - good luck for tomorrow's 10.

Freemers - good luck with you 21. And I know there was someone else running it too...????

Barry - well done on your mega gym session. Must be so frustrating. Hope you're getting on with the ladder ok?
23/03/2013 at 21:45
Minni - normally when people have had a few, they sign up for some mad extreme/ultra event, not 10k's. I don't know what my excuse was, I hadn't been drinking.

Barry - 4hrs on x-trainer sounds tough, well done.
Edited: 23/03/2013 at 21:46
23/03/2013 at 21:58
A 10k is a mad extreme event for me Simon! Lol
Edited: 23/03/2013 at 21:59
23/03/2013 at 22:43
Minni - You mean your not doing the 300 mile version, Newcastle to London in August?
23/03/2013 at 23:06
Simon- its windy out there. Hope you've weighted down your bike for tomorrow . At least there's virtually no snow from southport to my neck ofte woods
Minni- can you find several 10ks and 5ks to doin one day? Oh yes if they all add up to 42k its another marathon.
23/03/2013 at 23:24
2old - Hopefully it will be like today, just cold and windy. Plan to go down Rufford, Mawdsley, to Rainford bypass. Then thru Rainford , Billinge, Ashton in Makerfield, Golbourne, to Culcheth. A few miles past there will be 35m, so then refuel and head back
23/03/2013 at 23:28
Simon- bickerstaffe is about as close my route will be to yours ....just cold and windy? ....it's ffffffreezing ....enjoy
24/03/2013 at 06:51
Good luck to anyone racing today I'll catch up properly with what's been going on here over the weekend once I'm back from my exam - panic!!!
24/03/2013 at 07:58
Just getting my excuses in early...a few days ago I tweaked a muscle in my lower back, but it wasn't bad and I thought it had eased off. Well I must have slept funny or aggravated it somehow as I woke up this morning and could hardly get out of bed! And putting my socks on was tricky...anyway I've taken 4 paracetamol and hopefully that'll numb it. I think it'll ease when I run as movement seems to help and with any luck I'll be OK, although I suspect tomorrow morning could be interesting. If it doesn't ease off I do have the DNF option as it's 3 laps. Wish me luck

SS - good luck in the exam!
24/03/2013 at 08:01
Good luck Freemers! DNF is the best option if its not right. Don't push it - it's not worth it at this stage.

SS good luck with the exam and happy birthday!
24/03/2013 at 08:36
Ditto Minni.
24/03/2013 at 09:20

AA: don't worry about your shit run - agree what 2old/kiwi said. You gave it your all in the half last week. Legs are bound to be tired.

Barry: impressive XT sesh! Very dedicated.

Gazza: my 10k was cancelled and TBH I'm not sure I can be bothered with a solo TT in this shite weather! I think I rather focus on my final 2 long runs and my HM on April 1 (if it goes ahead that is)

Good luck Freemers and carrot. Hope the back is ok, Freemers.

SS: Happy birthday

Simon: enjoy the long ride. Just psyching myself up for my 22 miler. Freeeeezing again, but sunny and the wind isn't howling as badly around the house as it did yesterday.

24/03/2013 at 09:21

me 2 Minni & AA. Won't be doing an autumn mara this year (she says now ....  )

24/03/2013 at 09:27
Really don't want to run out there .
Good luck to racers exam takers and runners today .
24/03/2013 at 10:10
Happy Birthday S.S + good luck for your exam.

Freemers - take care with your back!

Good luck racers
24/03/2013 at 10:21
Barry B wrote (see)

the last hour got a bit grim.

I'm not surprised!

24/03/2013 at 10:22

However - mega impressive. interesting idea that you could basically do normal marathon training albeit entirely on the X trainer when injured and still build to marathon fitness. 

24/03/2013 at 10:46

Alright all. Still suffering from this cold which is a bit of a pain. Managed to get my runs in so far, but ditched the YKW yesterday. Am due to do a 15 today but i woke up with a nasty cough. Just seeing how today pans out to see if i can manage it or not. At least I am getting the cold out of the way now.

Barry - 4 hours on the elliptical! Wow.

Kiwi - no brentwood for me this year - too close to the Paris marathon. 

Minni - shorter races - I thought you meant 1500m! That's what I will be rocking this summer

Freemers - ouch on the back

24/03/2013 at 11:34

Red, I reallly hope your Dad gets a definitive diagnosis very soon.  It must be so tough for you.  The fact that you are even managing to continue your training is nothing short of amazing so whatever time you run will be a real achievement.

Simon, I think it's FRC's birthday today, mine's tomorrow 

KFC, I hope you feel better soon.  Good news on race deferral though.  At least you'll get a crack at it when you're feeling back to full strength.

Col, it's really hard to maintain a consistent pace when getting buffeted by the weather so don't lose heart.  The main thing is your foot felt good!

2Old, I'm with you on the TM love-in.  I also have a massively high boredom threshold so I can (usually) just zone out and get a TM session done.  Often out here with the heat, it just seems like the sensible option.  I am not as hardcore as DD (where is he, btw??) and I like my A/C   How's your ITB?

Chick, sounds like some great intervals there, brilliant running 

Minni, I'm not sure yet what my number is.  I will have to get my mother to open my race pack and interrogate her.  But I will say Green Start, 3:44.00

AA, well done for dealing so well with a shit run.  As you say, onwards and upwards...

Barry, wow, what a cross-training session!  Amazing.

Hi Gazelle!  Good to hear from you.  What are your race plans this year?

Carrot, I hope your foot holds up today.

Free, how's your back feeling?  I hope the race helped. 

Ant, take it easy and don't run if you don't feel well.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.