RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

28,041 to 28,060 of 37,089 messages
26/03/2013 at 08:55
O4S - Your weekend exploits put us all to shame, as usual. I should throw myself and bike across some muddy fields next time I'm out, if I start moaning about the cold. You are the G.O.A.T

Freemers - glad the backs better. Those single use heat pads are really good. Justmake sure you read the instructions, as some you can apply to your skin and some you definately can't, as I found out after my OH had stuck it to my back. Oooch
Edited: 26/03/2013 at 08:57
26/03/2013 at 08:55

Nice one SS

Good news on the back Freemers

2.5km swim for me this morning in 54 minutes.

26/03/2013 at 09:34

Speed Sheep - congratulations on passing the exam, and happy birthday

O4S - Loved your report. What an adventure. I really dont know how you do it.

Freemers and Bladerunner -  excellent run at the Cranleigh 21. Both of you executed perfect pacing. Well done.

Carrot - fantastic running at the Thirsk 10, especially given the wind.

Oompa - that is great news that the calf held up. Well done for doing 20m on TM

Simon - great work on the bike.

Redwood - well done on the MP run. You did very well given the conditions.

Barry -  super news that your calf held up on the TM run, and yes that was me from your question a few days ago

26/03/2013 at 11:13

Morning all

Barry -best news yet-fingers crossed you can now build on that first run

Spoons-fast swimming

Simon-thanks for the finger warming tips-wonder how the arm circling will get on early on at VLM-how many will I knock out in the process?

SS-love your enthusiasm and dont worry about the other PBs .Youll smash them with the marathon fitness youve got in the bag

Free-good to see you are mending. Ive got a bit of lower back pain but wonder if its resulted from the ITB stretches Ive been doing-if its not one thing its another

Carrot-Minni hasnt run in conditions above -1c since October so if it goes to anything above 8c she'll suffer heat stroke

Who says TMs are rubbish .On the radio today they were saying how race horses had been kept fit on them during this cr@p weather. If its good enough for a horse its good enough for us. Wonder how many of us could get on one at the same time?

Minni-there's a hairdresser around the corner from Chandos maybe you can get in there with a quick appointment ?

Moved my MLR to later today and intervals to tomorrow.

26/03/2013 at 12:37

Carrot - you definitely should be aiming for 3:20 or a bit less.  You're in great form at the moment.  ditto Freemers.

Will have a spy at the pics later Freemers. 

Blizzard conditions here today.  Going to do hill reps with the club tonight.

Right now I'm going to collate the list.....

26/03/2013 at 12:44

How many pages since the list was started??? I can't find it!  So here we go again.... Please copy and paste if you're on a pc.

26/03/2013 at 12:50

Green Start:

2old - 3:09:59
Minni - 3:14:42
AA -
O4S -
Carrot -
Freemers -
Speed Sheep -
KFC -
Sarah O -

Blue Start:

26/03/2013 at 12:50
Minni - Sorry Minni, I'm at work on a moblie.

2old - It could be a good option to fight your way thru all the back markers, when you turn up at the last minute.
Edited: 26/03/2013 at 12:53
26/03/2013 at 12:53

That's ok Simon - you're not doing a spring marathon so don't need to be on the list!

26/03/2013 at 12:56
Spoons - nice swimming

Have fun with the hill reps Minni!

Enjoy your mlr 2old

6 miles for me today with the middle 4@mp: 8:02 7:17 7:19 7:19 7:14 7:58 ave 7:31. The mp miles felt harder than they should and were quicker than I should have done too. Lessons to be learnt in the next few weeks I think. Not a good confidence builder at all. And it's arctic out there.
26/03/2013 at 12:57
Green Start:

AA - 3:14:42
O4S -
Carrot -
Freemers -
Speed Sheep -
KFC -
Sarah O -

Blue Start:
26/03/2013 at 12:58
This is a bit tongue in cheek I think. Or I might take the shit or bust attitude and you can all go passed me in the docklands as normal
26/03/2013 at 12:59

Green Start:

O4S -
Carrot -
Freemers -
Speed Sheep -
KFC - 3:29:59
Sarah O -

Blue Start:

26/03/2013 at 12:59
Minni - You know how to hit a man when he's down.
Are you sure you've got snow over you're way, cus I'm at work with the blinds shut, to keep the sun out. You're not using it as an excuse for your slower paced runs! hehe.
26/03/2013 at 13:08
Green Start:

O4S -
Carrot -
Freemers -
Speed Sheep -
KFC - 3:29:59
Sarah O -

Blue Start:

Other marathons:
Chick
Cooks
Ant
Edited: 26/03/2013 at 13:09
26/03/2013 at 13:14
Get in AA.

And thanks for adding the others. I'm sure there are others too....
26/03/2013 at 13:38

Redwood- Fantastic MP session in the snow.

AA- You're times are great off less that 50miles per week, I'm guessing 50miles is still very high for most of us, I'm hoping to get similar times to you in my Autumn campaign on about 50miles per week.

O4S/2old- I'm looking forward to reading your reports on your "controlled experiment" on the run up to VLM.

Chick- your week ahead sounds very heavy indeed! What plan are you following?

KFC- Which 10k's will you be running?

Barry- Good news ref the tready run, lets hope it stays that way.

SS- Sounds like you had another great run, its all coming together now.

Free- Good news on the back, how can a deep heat pad not smell like deep heat?? I guess you either love or hate the smell, I'm in the love it camp.

I went for my test last night but wont know the results until Thursday This is the link to where I went (only a mile from home) http://www.fletchersportscience.co.uk/

The VO2max test consisted of a 20min warmup on the tready. Then starting at 8kmh speed I ran for 200m and the speed went up by half (8.5kmh) this continued until I couldn't carry on, I got up to 16.5kmh. Whilst running my heart rate was tracked in order to work out what training zones I should be able to run to get the best out of me. I then had to do two sets of running for about 10mins to make sure the computer had the correct data. I now know that my MHR is 190bpm. I'm looking forward to Thursday and will post my results.  I'm off to do a recovery run and a plank

26/03/2013 at 13:47

That’s great news Barry, fingers crossed for you

Blade – Dad is showing signs of progress which is good. Still sitting tight waiting for the results of the biopsy which will determine what happens next.

SS – your MP run sounds exactly like mine… Bad nutrition prior… check. Conditions not ideal… check. MP pace too fast…check. First section fine… check. Last two a killer… check! On the bright side, we should be able to control 3 out of the 5 of those on the day.   

Gazelle – that sounds very interesting stuff, definitely post the results as I’ll look forward to reading them

I’m going to jib out of the putting my predicted time just yet, as still have 6 weeks to go so might revise it. And…

I have an aargh to report. I did a gentle recovery run yesterday but felt some pain in the knee that kept me out for 5 months. It was a completely different type of pain, and carried on periodically all evening, and today, totally at random. Every now and again, I just get a sharp, shooting pain in the inside of my knee – almost like a nerve pain – and then it goes. I binned this morning’s run and think I’ll do the same with tomorrow’s just as a precaution. Quite annoying as I need to do my 22 on Friday this week, so doesn’t look like I’ll get any time for some speed work.

Question time... (a different type of question). On Sunday I’m best man at my mate’s wedding. With all going on I haven’t really been in the mood to write a speech, so haven’t even started it – I need to get cracking! Can anyone regale me with any funnies from weddings? I’m trying to go solo and not look at t’internet as I’ve been to quite a few that were blatantly lifted and not unique. But if you have any pearls of wisdom I’d love to hear them…   

26/03/2013 at 14:35

Green Start:

AA - 
O4S - 
Carrot - 
Freemers - 
Speed Sheep - 
KFC - 
Sarah O - 

Blue Start:

Oompa (Billy Blue Start No-Mates) - 3.14.52

Red - Great news that your dad is showing signs of improvement... Fingers crossed. Hope the knee is just a twinge though? With regards to best man's speeches, it depends on whether you want to speak to the groom ever again???

Barry - Great to hear that the calf seems to be on the mend. Take it easy, do a short taper... BINGO! 

AA - Please re-read your post about today's run... Arctic conditions (check), 4 mile MP, that was run FASTER than MP (check)... Of course it wouldn't feel comfortable!

Just look back at what you achieved when it mattered in your last HM (89.XX), to see what you are capable of, and bin the self-doubt.

SS - I will pm you the tippy-tappy oojamiflip dance asap... Just don't do it in public... "Nurse, she's out of bed again... Nurse...!

Spoons - You are indeed the "Plankmeister". I can just about manage 2 mins with half that time for side plank.

Gazelle - As Red said, very interested to see what your results are.

I inadvertantly had an "I am a marathon runner" moment this morning! Set the alarm for 6am last night, but when it went off, i thought that it still looked a bit dark outside... IT WAS 5AM!!! Then OH woke up and the rest of the routine went pretty much as it did on Minni's link, apart from Mrs Oompa calling me a f***ing idiot within about 30 seconds.

Anyways, 7 mile recovery d & d with 6 x strides, followed by a massage with the butcher. Legs now feel like blancmanges!

26/03/2013 at 14:44

SS - I've just tried to pm you, but for some reason, it won't let me??? I'll try again later, but failing that, see if Brol can forward you the pm?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.