RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

28,201 to 28,220 of 37,116 messages
29/03/2013 at 15:45

Minni - that sounds like a good plan. I've had friends in the past who have done something similar and I've always seen them on the way around.....

29/03/2013 at 16:13

Minni - my plan was to try and hang on to you!  42:XX would be acceptable, I'd really like to see if I can just sneak under 42 though.  Easy to say that when I'm not running!  I'm the same with my last 20M on Sunday, I don't want to just run it at easy pace!

Hope the hangover has subsided kfc, I've not had one for a while and don't miss them one bit! So the wedding was good then?  A good drink on Sunday night is on the cards to celebrate the beginning of the taper

SS that sounds like a cracking session, well done! Great idea doing them at different paces, those 800m reps will have seemed easy compared to the speed of the 200m.  I agree with Chick, the heat & humidity will be a massive factor in your outdoor training runs.  Wait til you get to the UK, it's freezing!

Last long run out of the way Chick, just the small matter of a half marathon to race then taper time!

A June 10K sounds like a good target Kiwi, you've had a long and patient journey from injury - remember all those short runs on grass! - I love progressive runs especially when they finish better than you planned for them to.

Ran my 10M with 7 @ MP with Parsnip today.  So the MP bit ended up a bit quicker than planned.  Easy run tomorrow.

29/03/2013 at 16:56
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've got a physio session booked in for Tuesday. The hardest part is resisting the temptation to go out and run. I may just do a few intervals up to the bar and back at the local this evening instead
29/03/2013 at 18:07

Thanks for the advice last week, i ended up going for the 10M race, and it went really well. I finished in 67mins.... but with 16 days to go until rotterdam i'm now wondering if I should set off a bit quicker than the 7:45min/mile that i was originally planning to do?! Below are my splits for the 10M

6:44

6:49

6:41

6:51

6:42

6:33

6:48

6:10

29/03/2013 at 18:56
Minni - Nice de-stressing run. Now how can we wind you up just before VLM, you're be flying.

Chick - Nice 22m, looking good.

SS - Great pyramid intervals on the TM.

Spoons - Glad you've managed to come back from injury.

R83 - that's a fast 10miler. So your mara target is 3:20-3:25 approx?

O4S - Glad its not a stress fracture. Now you and BA have got an iPad each, you can FaceTime each other from different rooms in the house!
Yes it's time to get the bikes out.

Well nice sunny day here on the North west coast, still cold and a bit windy, but nowhere near as bad as last weekend.
80.5miles on the bike in 5:29, up to Chipping in the Trough of Bowland. Felt ok this week.
Good luck to all the racers this weekend.
29/03/2013 at 19:06

Minni -Very nice MP run.

Kfc -  You feeling any better?

SS - Very speedy repeats, well done. How about 3 easy 3 MP repeat for your long one not as daunting as 10 at MP but still a good workout.

Chick -  Good long run from you.

Kiwi - Good news on your 5 miler.

R83 - Very quick racing,  those times point to a quicker MP but it depends if have the  endurance over the distance, how have your long runs gone and have you tried any MP towards the end of those runs?

10 miles at 7:30 pace on the tready this afternoon and it felt tough, worringly HR was in the high 160's by the end, but I'm just happy to be running again.

Edited: 29/03/2013 at 19:07
29/03/2013 at 19:15
Barry - 10@ 7.30 is still good coming back from injury
29/03/2013 at 19:33

My long runs have gone ok, but i dont think i've run them quite by the book.... my 3 longest in training are below, 50miles is the maximum mileage i've done in a week, it's normally been around the 42miles mark per week....maybe i should just stick with 7:45min/miles and if i feel at the end of it i could've gone quicker i can always sign up for an autumn marathon!

22miles - 2hrs 59mins (8:07) (Miles 11-17 at 7:45 pace)

20miles - 2hrs 41mins (7:53) (fairly even pace the whole way round)

19miles - 2hrs 32mins (7:59) (again all fairly evenly paced)

29/03/2013 at 19:56
Barry - my heart would have packed at about mile 3 of that run.

Simon - I nipped into town earlier for a Chinese and saw a chap on a bike tand he looked like he was doing distance. It was snowing and he was battling the elements and I thought of you.
29/03/2013 at 21:17
Hi all
Not had a chance to read through but will soon. Done my last 20 LR. 1hr 29. Av 7.27. Mm. Very happy to start taper now .
29/03/2013 at 21:17

Chick - awesome 22 miler. Good luck for Monday.

Kiwi - nice prog run. Hope Mr Kiwi likes his 10km news!

i was out doing errands this morning. Blue sky and glorious sunshine. So when I got back went straight out for a run. Got changed and out the door. It was snowing! anyway, 6 miles done on a tough hilly course. Av pace 9:20. Loved it

29/03/2013 at 21:19
Oops ... 2.29 !!
29/03/2013 at 21:29
Nice one Spoons. We've had snow on and off all day too,

Yay 2old! Storming last long run.
29/03/2013 at 22:10

1:29? That would be seriously impressive! 

29/03/2013 at 23:29
Minni- storming run. Now how do you contain all that nuclear energy until 21st. Be bored on that LR...no chance there!
Barry- get in there. You're back and on fire. A couple more runs and that pace will feel more comfortable too. Think you will be copyrighting that cross train marathon schedule . Oh yes decided to defer on 21st.....the parents meeting that is ...it's only GCSEs after all. ...call in the social services
SS- fantastic speedy session don't think I've ever gone beyond 15.5 on the TM. Must give it a try after the marathon
Spoons- maybe one day ....in my dreams ! Great 6 miler
Chick- monster running... Some taper !Good luck with your HM. Only 73 miles for me in the last 6 days.
Simon - building some big mileage there. There's a bike group going from Pennington Flash tomorrow doing 90 miles of the iron man bike course. Are you going to do it? What's the weather like in the Trough of Bowland..may go to some point to point racing there tomorrow
Kiwi - like how you nailed that prog run
One more run and Marchevoulous is finished
29/03/2013 at 23:42
Urrrggghhhhhhhh.

Binned the biking I was gonna do today.
Just remembered I did some core work yesterday - while being a human dumbell so wedding guests could bench press me... Damn fine wedding.
30/03/2013 at 08:00
2old - unfortunately I'm in work for the rest of the b/hol. Yesterday the weather was gorgeous up there, chilly but lots of sushne. Enjoy your point to point racing.
30/03/2013 at 09:06

2old - Very impressive long run.  Decided on MP yet?

R83 -  Those long runs are at a quicker pace than someone aiming for 7:45 pace.  Difficult decision for you as I think it's your first marathon and  primarily your first goal is to finish and you don't want struggle during the second half , but if I was you I would set off at 7:30  pace and adjust  if it  begins  to be anything more than comfortable during the first half.  Even if the pace feels easy to start with do not go any quicker.

30/03/2013 at 09:40
Barry - that's such good news on the comeback run. It will get easier once the legs adjust back into running again. Any niggles in the calf? Your dedication to rehab properly is a credit to you.

2old - great long run there. Sub 3 I reckon

Simon - impressive cycling. Any saddle sores?

Minni - wow! Just knocking out a 10 miler like that is great.

Can't remember who else has joined the taper trail now but were all almost there

I rested yesterday and did gardening, car washing, walked 6 miles with dogs etc! So got up early today and ran 9 miles. Ave 7:42 pace. It was cold and felt hard. Was supposed to be mp and I think if it was all downhill with wind assistance I might have done it but instead it was hilly and felt like I was into a cold wind the entire way, which of course I wasn't. Never mind.
30/03/2013 at 09:52

taper time, AA! We've all been there before and know we feel weak, horrible and sluggish while taperin. 7:42 is still a good pace!

BarryB: back with a bang - goodness gracious me!! That was some run!!

2old: Fantastic confidence boosting run

R83: impressive 10 miler. It shows that you have the speed for a good marathon time. Your long runs were pretty quick! How did you feel at the end of the 22 miler?

More snow here - getting a bit tired of it really. Luckily it never stays long. And we've lost the horrible wind. I hope it doesn't come back on Monday. Don't mind the cold any longer (used to it now) but strong winds are never a good idea in a race. The course is pretty much a straight line from East to West and then back.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.