29,001 to 29,020 of 37,356 messages
18/04/2013 at 07:02
excited
18/04/2013 at 07:04

Of course!

18/04/2013 at 07:10
will there be cable cars and bright lights and all that excited
18/04/2013 at 07:21
Decision made then 2old? Sorry it's had to come to this.

What time was your train Minni? We're arriving in London 11:40ish, heading to the expo from Kings Cross.

Still no marathon dream
18/04/2013 at 07:25
I'm on a slightly later train carrot.
18/04/2013 at 07:37
is it a steam train
18/04/2013 at 08:24

Great pics, guys

Minni: don't panic - a lot of the pain will be due to tapir madness. My left hip is sore as is my right knee

Weather forecast for Hamburg looking good: 3C at the start, max. 13. Sunny and slight easterly winds. Perfect!!

18/04/2013 at 08:27
Minni - Lovely pics of the team, and esp of you with the nips in an earlier life. It looks like the weather gods are on your side for Sunday.
18/04/2013 at 08:47
Thought you were a bit later, might see you at the expo but will probably not miss you at the green start!

Weather looks good for Hamburg Chick

My left knee is hurting so the taper is definitely kicking in
18/04/2013 at 08:55

Love that pic Minni - it was the team first got together and realised we were actually genuine runners and not serial axe murderers....I think Shaggy was seriously worried about that

Re black ribbons - apparently they are putting them in the envelopes with the numbers. I didn't get one because they arrived at the expo a bit late. I've asked my mum if she has any black ribbon (she's always good for this sort of thing)...if not I'll find some black material from somewhere and make my own..

Minni - don't think about the shin...too late to worry about it and I'm sure it will be OK. I have a slight creakiness in my knee (the one I had the old ITB problems with), so am foam rolling like mad this week, but I'm sure it'll stand up to it ok.

Chick - I think the London weather will be the same. Cold to start with and similar temperatures.  What time do you start in Hamburg?

Barry - glad your test run was OK. You've been amazingly patient not running, so let's hope it all goes well on Sunday.

MT is worth a listen this week - they ditched the normal show for obvious reasons and interviewed a few people who were in Boston (mainly MT listeners who were running, plus Andrew Lemoncello who I think is always good value in his interviews). Great quote from Tony Revis's blog at the end (he's a former MT interviewee who has done the Boston TV commentary in the US for decades).  They are going to put their normal show out today I think, and then two live shows from the expo Friday and Saturday.

Final run today, just 3-4 miles with some strides. Then that leaving do to go to tonight. I'm going to allow myself a couple of beers, but stay off the wine. There's carbs in beer right?

Edit: x-post with carrot.  So that's at least three knees, one shin, a calf, skin grafts for the team to worry about...have I missed anything?

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 08:56
18/04/2013 at 09:03
Sooooo excited. ))
18/04/2013 at 09:09
Hope everyone's niggles are just a sign of madness...
Minni- great pic. I've announced at work that I'm buggering off after lunch tomorrow and taking Monday off. They were very understanding. After all I'm a marathon runner... Hope the shin is ok today.
Off to purchase gels and beet root shots at lunch time and planning to relax in the evening after a 4m shuffle with some strides.
The last proper run done yesterday- 8.5m with 4@ MP which felt harder than it should but they always do at this stage so I refuse to panic.
18/04/2013 at 09:26

I wasn't going to do the beetroot this time around. But yesterday when I got home I found that OH had bought me some small bottles of beet juice as he remembered it was something I did. So first one today

18/04/2013 at 09:29
Took all the advice and didn't run yesterday although still walked a fair distance on my convoluted route to and from work - just hope I'm allowed back on the bike next week. On the train just leaving Bristol for the expo
18/04/2013 at 09:40

Minni - can you give us a name / roll call L-R? Obviously recognise you, Free and AA.

Barry - great to hear the test run went well.

Bro / Free - what's the beetroot shot thing?

All weekend runners - weather looks idead

800m swim for me this morning! Was palnning my first 'light' post marathon run in the morning - too soon or OK?

18/04/2013 at 10:00
Enjoy the work do Free, I've got black spotty ribbon if that's any good?

Blade I'd say go for a very easy run if your legs feel up to it

How is your hand O4S?
18/04/2013 at 10:06

Blade: Back Row (L-R): Good Kev (anyone heard from him lately?), Shaggy (), AA, Freemers, Spoons

Front Row (L-R): O4S, Minni, Daren

Taken after the Norwich HM in 2011. Kev supplied the beer!

Beetroot is meant to be really good to increase your endurance, with the idea you take it in the 3-4 days before a marathon. Not sure it works but for some reason some of us have got into the habit of it! I drink a 250ml bottle each day for 3 or 4 days.

Carrot - not sure the spotty ribbon would go down that well  Don't worry - I'll sort it somehow. Worse case I'll cut up a bit of bin liner and make it out of that!

18/04/2013 at 10:14
Edit: x-post with carrot. So that's at least three knees, one shin, a calf, skin grafts for the team to worry about...have I missed anything? .... My back

On the train now ready to meet o4s at Padd. The tubes are up the swanny! Great more time to chat!!
18/04/2013 at 10:15
I remember shaggy being worried we were all mass murderers!!
18/04/2013 at 10:22

Morning all

Very excited for all you VLM racers and some great pics  Minni. Its hard watchingthe tv news at the mo as its all about the  marathon . Mentally Im still tapering and going through the pre marathon process-its hard, no , impossible to switch it off! Think I will need to see a psych if this carries on. If you think its hard for your OH to live with you at the moment pity mine.

Anyway enough self indulgence.Weather should be perfect for Sunday

Blade-I would just go for a run without my watch and do it easy and relaxed and stop when you feel youve done enough

Barry-that test should give you confidence

Not long now

Free-beetroot is getting really positive reviews though I suppose you need to see if it has any adverse eefects before the race.I suggest you put a note on your race number to explain that in case of emergency red pee probably  isnt blood!

O4S-Hope you can get back on your bike-Im in a quandry as to what to do know-total rest or easy active rest? Im getting different messages from lots of corners

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 10:24
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.