RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,001 to 29,020 of 36,974 messages
17/04/2013 at 22:20

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/img_0588_1.jpg?width=350

More of the team.

17/04/2013 at 22:28

Just thinking we should all have had DBS on our backs.

17/04/2013 at 23:03
Still shocked by Boston.

Belated well done to Blade and Richardson, two fantastic marathon debuts.

Great photos Minni. Look after that shin.

2Old, sounds like the right decision. I'm proof that trying to keep going through pain just puts you out of action for a long time.

Oompa, fingers crossed for you.

O4S, take care of that hand. Glad no infection.

SS phew that it was only an earthquake and no injury! Must have been pretty scary.

Spoons, fantastic that you are feeling good enough to be marathon training.

Streaming cold which might put pay to marathon spectating mainly as it would be too unpleasant for anyone near me. Provided it clears up hope to be out there. Who else is supporting and whereabouts on the course are you planning to head to?
18/04/2013 at 00:07
Yes BecsA, Boston still shocking. Rumours of arrests today but proved to be false sadly.

Knowing who the bombers are would make a huge difference to VLMers, if a US internal threat or otherwise.

Had my dad ring worried about me doing it, and 2 friends too. 6 months of training for this, are a few nasty people going to stop us? No way. We will show them

4 sleeps..
18/04/2013 at 00:20
2old - yeah, unfortunately so! Been a pretty bad season with the only small mercy being we've been put out of our misery nice and early. As for Cardiff, congratulations, but I'm not sure I agree with the way it has been done. Think I read somewhere that romance in football isn't dead when you can buy promotion to the Premier League with dodgy overseas cash that doesn't exist and disregarding 100 years of history to change the colour of the kit! There were rumours that he has filed to change the name next year too - plenty of dyed in the wool Cardiff fans that are unhappy with it all...

Anyway, onto equally depressing news! Achilles is still painful - has been tingling all day today but then I have spent 8 hours of it stuck on trains so fingers crossed it'll improve tomorrow. I've pretty much written it off in my head though.

FRC - I think London on Sunday will be the safest place you can possibly be. They will have every measure possible in place to make sure it runs smoothly. One of the great things about people is their ability to carry on regardless and stick two fingers up in adversity. I think it will end up being a celebration of sprit and that when you finish you'll be overcome by the tributes of people on course and that you'll look back on it in years to come and say with huge pride that you were a part of it. I'm actually gutted I'm not running it as I think it'll be really special.
18/04/2013 at 05:07

Minni - Nice photos, was the pain during or after your run or both?

5 miles for me last night loaded up with gel belts and gels as final test.  Have n't run for 10 days and the good news is no pain from my calf/shin during the run and only a bit tender after so I can cope with that  on Sunday. Trying to get everything sorted as travelling down tomorrow morning with OH and youngest,  should be at the expo early in the afternoon.

18/04/2013 at 06:06
3 more sleeps....

Redders - I think you're dead right about Sunday. Hard lines on Bristol. Don't think we have much longer before its official now either!

Barry - that's good news. Stay positive now.
Edited: 18/04/2013 at 06:08
18/04/2013 at 06:45
excited
18/04/2013 at 06:52

DBS?

Great pic of Shaggy there

18/04/2013 at 06:53
I'm heading off tomorrow morning and will be at the expo mid afternoon. Meeting up with Brol since she works right next to my hotel.

Barry - shin was sore while running but not after. Using ibuprofen gel. I'll see what it's like tonight.

Calf was also a bit achy while running and I feel fat. All normal?
18/04/2013 at 06:53
Don't be shit.
18/04/2013 at 07:02
Or even DS, cut out the 'be'....
18/04/2013 at 07:02
excited
18/04/2013 at 07:04

Of course!

18/04/2013 at 07:10
will there be cable cars and bright lights and all that excited
18/04/2013 at 07:21
Decision made then 2old? Sorry it's had to come to this.

What time was your train Minni? We're arriving in London 11:40ish, heading to the expo from Kings Cross.

Still no marathon dream
18/04/2013 at 07:25
I'm on a slightly later train carrot.
18/04/2013 at 07:37
is it a steam train
18/04/2013 at 08:24

Great pics, guys

Minni: don't panic - a lot of the pain will be due to tapir madness. My left hip is sore as is my right knee

Weather forecast for Hamburg looking good: 3C at the start, max. 13. Sunny and slight easterly winds. Perfect!!

18/04/2013 at 08:27
Minni - Lovely pics of the team, and esp of you with the nips in an earlier life. It looks like the weather gods are on your side for Sunday.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.