RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,081 to 29,100 of 36,179 messages
18/04/2013 at 21:06

GREEN
Freemers - 28971
Kfc - 27836  Purple and red Gamesmaker top, red shorts.  Kelly on front, Olympic rings on back.  Oh, and all important go faster blonde ponytail!
Minni - 29044 Green and Purple vest with Pauline on the front and Wooler Running Club on the back.  Blonde plaits.
Carrot - 29206  Yellow club vest, black shorts, blonde ponytail
Brolish
AA - 29255 turquoise and pink vest. ACTION ON HEARING LOSS and AA on the back
O4S
BA
SS

BLUE
Oompa
Col 3518
FRC
Zuvai
Barry B 12969      Blue Parkinsons Vest , BARRY on the front BARRY B on the back

18/04/2013 at 21:17

(Parsnip is on the Red start)

18/04/2013 at 22:14
For some reason I can't get the list to copy on my I-pad so could some kind tech genius add

O4S : 28572. Green Macmillan top with Shirly (!!) on front

BA: 29567 Green Macmillan top with Chris (dodgy 'h'!)

Near disaster here - got back from Expo with two numbers. Emptied out my rucksack and found one chip, which had fallen out of the envelope. Very fortunately the other chip was still in the correct envelope or we might have had to get 2Old on board for the divorce.

I can't face trying to put anything on the back of the shirts - life is too short!
18/04/2013 at 22:21
Can someone add my running kit too?

Freemers - 28971. Same kit as my avatar without the gloves and base layer. ANNE on the front. Over-stocked gel belt.

Left the leaving do after 2 beers
18/04/2013 at 22:28

GREEN
Freemers - 28971 - Same kit as my avatar without the gloves and base layer. ANNE on the front. Over-stocked gel belt.
Kfc - 27836  Purple and red Gamesmaker top, red shorts.  Kelly on front, Olympic rings on back.  Oh, and all important go faster blonde ponytail!
Minni - 29044 Green and Purple vest with Pauline on the front and Wooler Running Club on the back.  Blonde plaits.
Carrot - 29206  Yellow club vest, black shorts, blonde ponytail
Brolish
AA - 29255 turquoise and pink vest. ACTION ON HEARING LOSS and AA on the back
O4S - 28572. Green Macmillan top with Shirly (!!) on front
BA -  29567 Green Macmillan top with Chris (dodgy 'h'!)
SS

BLUE
Oompa
Col 3518
FRC
Zuvai
Barry B 12969      Blue Parkinsons Vest , BARRY on the front BARRY B on the back

18/04/2013 at 22:28

2old - really wish you were going to be with us.

18/04/2013 at 22:57
Minni- me too !!!
18/04/2013 at 23:34

have you deferred your entry?  Your GFA is good for two years but if I was you I'd still defer.  Just to be on the safe side. 

19/04/2013 at 06:47
O4S, that does not sound like fun. I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering. Only costume I can think of is some kind of straight jacket and with a "lunatics have escaped from the asylum" theme. The way we're all struggling to fit in runs with our various injuries, I think this get-up should be compulsory for all Team Minni runners....
Bro, hope the six miler was good. Just be careful out there, don't injure yourself or fall over....
Minni, loving the Seb picture! I really hope he's right....
FRC, bless you for the Garmin offer, that is so kind. I love this thread! Don't worry, if the worst comes to the worst and I can't get a new one/can't get on with new one, I will just run with my old one and hope it either survives or that it holds out to 20m and I can wing the next 6. I will have a pace band for sure so I will be able to figure it out from the clocks. I am really not that worried about my time this year so I'm not going to panic too much..... I will try and get to the Expo as close to 9 as I can and get the hell out of there before the crowds are too bad.
2old, great idea about the flight socks. Will wear some under my scuba gear
Chick, I'm gonna take my 405 with me to the Expo and see if they'll do me some sort of a deal. That's a fab idea, thanks so much. I've on,y ever heard good things about Garmin customer service so let's hope something good comes of it.
Kiwi, ouch on the tooth extraction! I think you made a wise decision not to run.
Col, good to hear your calf is on the mend. Take it really easy this week.
Well, my run was going fine until the last 3 mins when I felt calf tighten again. No real pain, just a bit of tension. So, I'm thinking ditch 8-10m tomorrow as clearly no point and just go hard out with some pool running for the next week. Am seeing physio on Monday so will get a view from him then. Am slightly grumpy and had to have a couple of glasses of red. Feel better for that.
19/04/2013 at 06:53
Wtf??? It's reposted a post from ages ago?.?.?.?! Er, I'm at the airport and ready to rock and roll. I a. Joining O4S in the no idea how to copy and paste from iPad. My race number is 27845. I will be wearing a turquoise cap and a white top and black shorts.

FRC, thanks for the Garmin offer. Would you mind bringing it and then I know I've got some back up if I can't work mine. I can then contact you on the sat to collect it. Many thanks x

Got to scoot, I've a plane to catch!!
19/04/2013 at 06:56

Morning - I'll upload the pics when I get to work. Oompa's is

Did my 6 miles with 4@tempo. All good. Windy and on a hilly course. First 3 miles were around 8:20 pace. Last one I picked it up and did 7:55. Felt strong at the end and was up for carrying on which is a good sign. Didn't though as it's not part of the plan. Then had a club coaches meeting which always goes on late hence offline.

19/04/2013 at 06:57

Ipad users - get atomic web browser

19/04/2013 at 07:12

kfc  - Thanks for the donation. Over £600 raised now so very happy.

I'm travelling down this morning so web access will be limited.  Sort of decided my pacing for Sunday setting off at 3:15 pace but back off if it starts to feels tough early on. 

Good luck to all this weekend, and remember if you've put the training in and everything else falls into place when it gets tough in the last 6 it all depends on how bad you want it. Oh and don't be shit.

19/04/2013 at 07:15
SS - I was reading your first post above and did get a bit confused when you said you-d stick to pool running for the next week...I was thinking you'd be doing VLM in the Thames! No idea how it re-posts stuff, really odd. Have a safe journey and can't wait to put a face to a name when we meet up on Sunday

So I escaped from the leaving do around 9...two beers and as much carbs from the crap selection of food as I could find. Only 3 people asked me who I was running the marathon for...don't think they quite got it when I said "me"

Spoons - great 6 miles...glad it looks like you're back on track. How long is your LSR this weekend?
19/04/2013 at 07:33

ooooohhhhhhh    excited!!!!

Cat Girl: wow, so great to see you. I thought about you the other day and hoped you'd be alright.

Right for those who want to stalk me: F1171 is my number.

I'm very very very nervous now and slept pretty badly.

Just got an email from the organisers which made me even more emotional:

Dear athletes,

many of you have already expressed their compassion for the victims of Boston through various channels and made suggestions how to take a stand against terrorism and violence on Sunday’s Haspa Marathon Hamburg. All this was very touching. Due to all these suggestions and our own thoughts, we considered some measures, how we could show our respect to the victims of Boston, their families and the Boston Marathon organizers. We now want to inform you about these arrangements:

• On Friday from 1 p.m. every participant may receive a free bracelet in the event colors of the Boston Marathon when picking up his starting documents. The bracelet may be worn voluntarily on Sunday.
  • As from Friday there are walls standing in the accreditation area where you can express your compassion – the walls will be sent to the organizers of Boston Marathon after the event.
  • Reverend Dr. Friedrich Brandi-Hinrichs invites to an ecumenical service in the “Friedenskirche” Altona – Otzenstraße 19 on Saturday 6 p.m.
  • On Sunday we would like to hold a common minute of silence – about 8:45 a.m. – we will inform you via loudspeaker in the start area. After that, we are going to play the song “Sweet Caroline” from Neil Diamond – this song is traditionally played in the context of sport events in Boston.
  • We have opened a donation account at the Hamburg Sparkasse for the benefit of the victims of Boston. If you like, you can donate in any order until Tuesday 30 April:

Bank Account number: 1221138058
             Bank code: 200 505 50
             Keyword: Run for Boston

• The collected amount of money will be transferred to the organizers of the Boston Marathon.

Despite the touching days, we wish you and all of us, that the joy of running and the confidence will prevail on Sunday.
Run for Boston, but also enjoy Hamburg !

19/04/2013 at 09:09
Ah that's nice chick.

Freemers - meant to say that there will be lots of black ribbons at each start on Sunday for runners to where for those that missed out.

Safe journeys everyone.
19/04/2013 at 09:20

Brilliant AA - I will tell my mum to stand down!

19/04/2013 at 09:28

All hotting up here. I am getting excited as well. I will see if I can check in on the thread for results when I arrive in the Maldives. Speed Sheep - I will be going through the dubious delights of Dubai airport enroute on Saturday.

Who is aiming for the big 3:15 then? I think I've seen Minni, Barry, Oompa & AA nail their colours to the mast - anyone else

19/04/2013 at 10:24

Morning all

Safe journeys all-including you Ant to the Maldives!

Minni-Im not bothering to defer as I should be able to use my Liverpool time unless of course they change the whole GFA conditions in which case Im in deep sh$t

Barry-good pace call-fingers crossed

Chick-dont worry about the lackof sleep as long as you rest and rest  and rest up to the race

Spoons -what atomic web browser? Sound sort of 007 ?

Must stop watching BBC breakfast-its non stop marathon -not the best way to start a morning!For the marathon I will be wearing jeans and a T shirt

19/04/2013 at 10:39

2old - it's an app!

Chick - the email was done well

Freemers - about 2:45

Here goes....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.