RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,081 to 29,100 of 37,123 messages
19/04/2013 at 07:12

kfc  - Thanks for the donation. Over £600 raised now so very happy.

I'm travelling down this morning so web access will be limited.  Sort of decided my pacing for Sunday setting off at 3:15 pace but back off if it starts to feels tough early on. 

Good luck to all this weekend, and remember if you've put the training in and everything else falls into place when it gets tough in the last 6 it all depends on how bad you want it. Oh and don't be shit.

19/04/2013 at 07:15
SS - I was reading your first post above and did get a bit confused when you said you-d stick to pool running for the next week...I was thinking you'd be doing VLM in the Thames! No idea how it re-posts stuff, really odd. Have a safe journey and can't wait to put a face to a name when we meet up on Sunday

So I escaped from the leaving do around 9...two beers and as much carbs from the crap selection of food as I could find. Only 3 people asked me who I was running the marathon for...don't think they quite got it when I said "me"

Spoons - great 6 miles...glad it looks like you're back on track. How long is your LSR this weekend?
19/04/2013 at 07:33

ooooohhhhhhh    excited!!!!

Cat Girl: wow, so great to see you. I thought about you the other day and hoped you'd be alright.

Right for those who want to stalk me: F1171 is my number.

I'm very very very nervous now and slept pretty badly.

Just got an email from the organisers which made me even more emotional:

Dear athletes,

many of you have already expressed their compassion for the victims of Boston through various channels and made suggestions how to take a stand against terrorism and violence on Sunday’s Haspa Marathon Hamburg. All this was very touching. Due to all these suggestions and our own thoughts, we considered some measures, how we could show our respect to the victims of Boston, their families and the Boston Marathon organizers. We now want to inform you about these arrangements:

• On Friday from 1 p.m. every participant may receive a free bracelet in the event colors of the Boston Marathon when picking up his starting documents. The bracelet may be worn voluntarily on Sunday.
  • As from Friday there are walls standing in the accreditation area where you can express your compassion – the walls will be sent to the organizers of Boston Marathon after the event.
  • Reverend Dr. Friedrich Brandi-Hinrichs invites to an ecumenical service in the “Friedenskirche” Altona – Otzenstraße 19 on Saturday 6 p.m.
  • On Sunday we would like to hold a common minute of silence – about 8:45 a.m. – we will inform you via loudspeaker in the start area. After that, we are going to play the song “Sweet Caroline” from Neil Diamond – this song is traditionally played in the context of sport events in Boston.
  • We have opened a donation account at the Hamburg Sparkasse for the benefit of the victims of Boston. If you like, you can donate in any order until Tuesday 30 April:

Bank Account number: 1221138058
             Bank code: 200 505 50
             Keyword: Run for Boston

• The collected amount of money will be transferred to the organizers of the Boston Marathon.

Despite the touching days, we wish you and all of us, that the joy of running and the confidence will prevail on Sunday.
Run for Boston, but also enjoy Hamburg !

19/04/2013 at 09:09
Ah that's nice chick.

Freemers - meant to say that there will be lots of black ribbons at each start on Sunday for runners to where for those that missed out.

Safe journeys everyone.
19/04/2013 at 09:20

Brilliant AA - I will tell my mum to stand down!

19/04/2013 at 09:28

All hotting up here. I am getting excited as well. I will see if I can check in on the thread for results when I arrive in the Maldives. Speed Sheep - I will be going through the dubious delights of Dubai airport enroute on Saturday.

Who is aiming for the big 3:15 then? I think I've seen Minni, Barry, Oompa & AA nail their colours to the mast - anyone else

19/04/2013 at 10:24

Morning all

Safe journeys all-including you Ant to the Maldives!

Minni-Im not bothering to defer as I should be able to use my Liverpool time unless of course they change the whole GFA conditions in which case Im in deep sh$t

Barry-good pace call-fingers crossed

Chick-dont worry about the lackof sleep as long as you rest and rest  and rest up to the race

Spoons -what atomic web browser? Sound sort of 007 ?

Must stop watching BBC breakfast-its non stop marathon -not the best way to start a morning!For the marathon I will be wearing jeans and a T shirt

19/04/2013 at 10:39

2old - it's an app!

Chick - the email was done well

Freemers - about 2:45

Here goes....

19/04/2013 at 10:40

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/337319/gallery/photo3.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/337319/gallery/photo4.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/337319/gallery/photo1.jpg?width=350

19/04/2013 at 10:42

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/337319/gallery/photo2_0.jpg?width=350

19/04/2013 at 10:55

Brilliant pictures

In non VLM / Hamburg news....I've just bagged some tickets to the Diamond League "Anniversary Games" athletics at the Olympic Stadium in July....should be good 

19/04/2013 at 11:24
Spoons - Great photos. The zoo on the back of Minnis top, is that cus it's like living in a zoo in Minnis household? Lol

Chick - That's nice, and typical German efficiency
19/04/2013 at 11:34
Minni wrote (see)

GREEN
Freemers - 28971 - Same kit as my avatar without the gloves and base layer. ANNE on the front. Over-stocked gel belt.
Kfc - 27836  Purple and red Gamesmaker top, red shorts.  Kelly on front, Olympic rings on back.  Oh, and all important go faster blonde ponytail!
Minni - 29044 Green and Purple vest with Pauline on the front and Wooler Running Club on the back.  Blonde plaits.
Carrot - 29206  Yellow club vest, black shorts, blonde ponytail
Brolish
AA - 29255 turquoise and pink vest. ACTION ON HEARING LOSS and AA on the back
O4S - 28572. Green Macmillan top with Shirly (!!) on front
BA -  29567 Green Macmillan top with Chris (dodgy 'h'!)
SS

BLUE
Oompa - 24779. White/red & green Lingfield vest. Blonde pigtails.
Col 3518
FRC
Zuvai
Barry B 12969      Blue Parkinsons Vest , BARRY on the front BARRY B on the back

19/04/2013 at 11:42

Free - How/where did you get the tickets from? Desperate to go after missing out on the Olympics.

19/04/2013 at 11:47
Freemers:I managed Friday night but there were no tickets available at any price for Saturday by 11.15. So cycle to London Friday, go to athletics and spend the rest of the weekend cycling back home via some obscure route - sounds like a plan!

Just back from the surgery with my marathon dressing on my hand (and a spare for afterwards when the current one becomes sodden with sweat, water and lucozade). Feels significantly better provided I don't run!

Ant: I am nailing my colours to the mast for 3 .15 - at 20 miles.....
19/04/2013 at 11:56

Wow O4S - they went quick then. I was on straightaway at 10 and got Saturday tickets @ £54.

Oompa - they are on ticketmaster.  Sounds like you need to be quick.  Looking forward to seeing your blond pigtails!

19/04/2013 at 12:21
I was surprised they went so quick - not even cheap tickets available in the 'Gods'. Unfortunately my appointment was at 10.20 and I had to leave before 10 to walk down and wasn't back until 10.45 so I missed the boat
19/04/2013 at 12:23
Almost in London.

Had an all day breakfast baguette on the train. Well I am carbo loading....
19/04/2013 at 12:38
Love the pics. Keep them coming
O4S- nothing's going to stop you now. Sub40 last 10 k ?
Minni- you've waited months to carbo load. Go for it. Don't underestimate how much you need to do it properly...it's easy to get caught up in the excitement in London and forget to eat or eat enough
19/04/2013 at 13:01
7350 for me. Can someone update?
Red Wallasey club top and Martin on front, black& red shorts. Hi viz yellow buff on wrist or head.

Do I need to stick a blond ponytail on for extra speed? Worried now. 2old advice please?
I had a running dream last night. For some reason I was doing the 10000m with Mo Farah also racing. Miles behind but Mo dropped out at the half way mark so I was the only GB athlete left. Never going to win but on for a PB, crowd cheering me on, Chariots of fire playing and everything in slow motion..
At which point our new cat jumped on the bed and woke me up. Guess I'll find out the rest Sunday? Exciting!

Pace band printed for 3:14

At the expo this afternoon 3-4pm and tomorrow am if people there. Will stick the yellow buff on wrist plus the 405 Garmin (for speed sheep if needed) if helps to spot me.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.