RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,121 to 29,140 of 36,985 messages
19/04/2013 at 15:22

Just had a text from Minni - she's at the expo and says she found my message on the wall but I wrote it too high for her to reach

19/04/2013 at 15:42

Here it is!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/337319/gallery/photo_0.jpg?width=350

19/04/2013 at 15:53

AA had to put my name up for the same reason!!

19/04/2013 at 16:08

I'll remember next year to write a bit lower for the vertically challenged

19/04/2013 at 16:17

Team Minni @ Boston 2014??

I am game ...

19/04/2013 at 16:50
I'm seriously thinking about Boston. Been to the EXPO and am in pen 3 should I be worried about a slow start?
19/04/2013 at 16:52

Good luck all of Team Minni at VLM - don't be shit! Looking forward to seeing some shiny new PBs on Sunday.

Went for my first run since January this morning. 2.1 miles @ 9:49mm - flying! lol. It's going to be a long, slow road back...

19/04/2013 at 16:55

Barry - no, you'll be fine. Get in there early so you can get to the front of it.

Daren - yay! You've got to start somewhere.

Chick...yes, that sounds like a plan. I'd definitely be up for it.

19/04/2013 at 17:02

I was in pen 3 last year Barry - went off absolutely fine with no problems at all. If you're worried about it, toally agree with Freemers, just get in the pen a bit earlier and then you can make sure you're close to the back of 2. 

Good to hear from you Daren. I know exactly how that feels, but you'll be back in no time!

I can sense the excitement in the air!

19/04/2013 at 17:23

Barry - I'm in pen 3 also... Thought that was good for a fast start as i was in 5 last year, but obviously not? Thought it was strange when the RW girl yesterday said that the sub 3.15 pacer was starting in pen 2? I'm sure that i put down 3.14.__ on the entry form... Or do they just ignore it???

Fellow clubmate who i'm travelling up with, has just e-mailed me to say that despite putting sub 4.00 as his expected time, he's starting in pen 9!!!!!!!

19/04/2013 at 17:24

Chick - Don't you have to run a fast qualifying time for Boston?

19/04/2013 at 17:32

Daren - thats exactly where I was in December - its slow going, but resist the temptation to come back too fast and you'll be getting back up to speed soon enough.

CG - good to see you on here again, and glad to hear the shoulder isnt so bad anymore

I've just checked and I get 15g carb per pint of ale - off for some carb loading!

19/04/2013 at 18:11
Oomp- Boston GFA is less demanding than VLM.
19/04/2013 at 18:21
I'm in pen 2 as well Freemers.

Think Boston is the same as London for girlies.

Quite a few are struggling to get on forum if its a bit quiet tonight!

I'm off to a cocktail party....rings of Friday night pre Berlin. Must be good...must be good....

Saying that...seen a photo of Minni and Bro sharing a glass of wine this afternoon. Just snitching
19/04/2013 at 18:31
Lol, telling tales A.A

Daren, good you're back into the running, take your time to slowly build up.

Getting excited for all you guys, have safe journies and rest those legs tomorrow!

I've decided to spectate on t.v whilst marking coursework that is due to be moderated on Tuesday. Make sure you wave at the cameras as you go past! Feeling strange not to be running this year....
19/04/2013 at 18:39

Erm we were not sharing - we had a glass each!

Been to Expo.  Quite quiet really.  Off for a Thai now. 

I can't seen to access the forum anymore from my phone, which is a bugger. 

Catch you later!

19/04/2013 at 18:56
Barry & Oompa, I'm blue pen 3 also, will try find you both.

The rw pacer is in pen 3 too so don't panic. We can form up a sub 3:15 train whichever way it works out.

Good sleeps everyone.
19/04/2013 at 19:15
Thank you for the welcome back. I am so happy to be back running and pain free. I can't believe how much such a freak accident could have changed my life so much.

Darren - I am also on the comeback trail. I am running the 3 miles to and from work to start. I'm not really worrying about pace but just building endurance.

Minnie - I am running Mablethorpe again as it good for me last time when I needed my GFA. I am going to do the Leeds 10k and the Fleetwood half in the build up.

So excited for everyone with all this talk of the Expo and everything. I am going to try tracking you all so I will be with you in spirit. I also expect to hear all the celeb spotting news.
19/04/2013 at 19:22
So excited for everyone!

Weeble, not sure of plan yet but might try to get to chandos. OH is away so I have a free day for spectating, but last year tried Chandos and it was so full I couldn't find anyone.

Physio tomorrow. No new issues, still working on the old ones.
19/04/2013 at 19:29
Meant to say, also have anniversary games tickets . Had an advance ticket code as I bought tickets when it was due to be at Crystal Palace but even then it seemed as if quite a lot of the seats had gone.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.