RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,161 to 29,180 of 36,998 messages
20/04/2013 at 09:26
Congrats Cooks!!!
Lol Minni... It all turned out well after all...
Pen3. No 29116))
20/04/2013 at 09:35
Cooks: wishing you all good luck and a baby that likes to sleep a lot!

Restless, filling time until our train at noon - we packed everything last night and BA is currently unpacking to make sure he put everything in the first time. Given he is checking against the same list he checked against last night I am not convinced how useful this will be, but it keeps him busy!
20/04/2013 at 09:36
Fantastic news Cooks!!

That is so spooky Minni and Brol!

Had a serious case of self doubt yesterday...OH had to talk some sense into me and i am starting to channel all the positives from my training. Now feeling quite calm, but i'm sure nerves and excitement will kick in soon!

I had a marathon dream last night. I was running Boston, all going well up and down the hills, when we turned a corner and the route changed into a forest trail with waterfalls and narrow rocky paths. No idea what that was about!

I'm all packed...now relaxing before a short walk with the dog. I'll be leaving around lunchtime to catch a train down to London.
20/04/2013 at 10:36
Great news Cooks.

Minni stalking Brol,...very creepy! Rear Window last night. Pyscho shower scene next?

Freemers, Im having exactly the same self doubt... I'm unfit, overweight, can't run... All sorts of silly things. Thankfully also brought Bradley Wiggins biog to take my mind off things and also get positive seeing how he did - exactly like we all will.

Left Calf is a bit tight so taking it easy today, not going to the expo to meet friends. Pasta at f&b later and then very early night.

7350 blue pen 3, running kit like this but with Martin on front too.
20/04/2013 at 11:51

Morning All,

Cooks - Brilliant news, congratulations... Is she running yet?

Minni & Brol - Hahaha... Priceless! I'd loved to have seen your faces when it dawned on you!

Sitting at work... Twitching with excitement and driving my staff mad! May get sent home at any moment as i get the feeling that i'm going to be detrimental to business today!

Went for an explorative run last night as hadn't run at all since Sunday's 12 and apart from the occasional short, stabbing pain at the top of the patella, it felt good. Only ended up doing about 2 miles as the heavens opened and i was wearing full race clobber, including race number so didn't want to get it soaked. Amazing reaction from the general public... Lots of well-wishers hanging out of their car windows and walkers also. Don't know whether it was the no. pinned on the vest or the black ribbon, or a combination of the two?

I have one final taper madness quandry. I didn't want to use a gel belt this year, so bought a pair of Brooks trail shorts with gel sleeves and a bigger pocket, but they are really big and baggy which i don't like, so may have to wear the belt and a normal pair of shorts??? Decisions, decisions.

20/04/2013 at 12:23

Congrats Cooks

Take it easy today everyone

1.5 hours on the turbo for me this morning

Chickadeee - can we track you?

20/04/2013 at 12:45

Just managed to jump on here very quickly to say:

REALLY GOOD LUCK EVERYONE FOR TOMORROW!!

Will be watching and tracking where possible. Have a great race and can't wait to hear about all the PBs. Just watched the highlights of Brighton on the TV this morning and saw myself crossing the line!!

PS - Congrats Cooks

20/04/2013 at 12:46

Spoons: couldn't find any information about tracking on their website. But try to check for results - maybe they update their page as runners pass 5k, 10k, and so on.

My number is F1171.

I will start at 8am UK time . Less than 20 hours to go!!!

Oomps: bugger about the shorts ... I prefer a gel belt. I have "marathon" shorts too with plenty of pockets for gels but once fully loaded they weigh a ton and it feels like I'm in for indecent exposure    so gel belt is the way to go.

20/04/2013 at 12:53
Cooks - congrats.

Bit of sightseeing for us this morning including showing oh and youngsest where to stand and meet up. Lots of prep down the mall and very busy. Quite warm out there. Going to chill out for the afternoon. Bit happier now about pen.
20/04/2013 at 13:04
Cooks - Great news.

I'm dusting down the patio furniture in my shorts, glorious sunshine. I hope it's going to cool down for you lot tomorrow?

Chick - What's the forecast for your mara?
20/04/2013 at 13:28

Congratulations cooks!

Pen 3 for me.

Slow 3 miler with OH this morning in the sun.  Lovely.

Chick - all the best for hamburg - hope you are the first to post a new pb!

Bring.  It.  On.

20/04/2013 at 13:33

yeeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!! Bring it on

Simon: forecast is 1 degree at the start (brrrrr) and a max. of 15. It will be pretty sunny and breezy - all in all pretty good conditions methinks.

20/04/2013 at 13:38

Congratulations Cooks!

Nice to see you check-in Daren.

Oompa, stick with your normal shorts, all that fabric will annoy you, especially when it's all sweaty and flapping around.

Right, good luck everyone for tomorrow. You've all posted some great, consistent training, there have been some stonking PBs, all hiccups are a thing of the past and you are all going to do brilliantly.

I'll be spectating around mile 7 and hope to make it to Chandos.

20/04/2013 at 13:41
Cooks- congrats - for some reason I can't see your posts and you're not on my ignore list
Simon- I'm sat watching cardiff v burnley with my foot in an ice bucket . Enjoy the sun
Oomp- go with the tried and tested belt and shorts. Good news about the knee
FRC- you look like you mean business in he photo
O4S- I'm a pack and repack person too
Chick - so finished by 11.15 our time?
Free- no need to have doubts. Just do the run
Bro- you're sounding we'll relaxed.
Enjoy your day guys and keep carbo loading
20/04/2013 at 14:11
Congrats Cooks! Picture please.

Freemers - serious self doubt here too yesterday.

Lovely day in London.
20/04/2013 at 14:22
Minni - self doubt yesterday ...confident today....unwavering tomorrow
20/04/2013 at 14:47
2old - what will be will be. It's in the lap if the gods now.

I had a marathon dream last night which was based around the fact I'd forgotten to plait me hair and freemers had gone to the wrong start!
20/04/2013 at 15:42

Boiling hot here today. Hope it cools a little for tomorrow

20/04/2013 at 16:50
Congratulations Cooks!

Have a good race tomorrow everyone.

Was cycling through fulham this afternoon and thought I hope SS isn't getting too hot at the football before I remembered the temps you usually train in.
Scuba Trooper    pirate
20/04/2013 at 17:10

Good luck for tomorrow every one, trust in your training, don't go off to fast and most importantly Don't Be Shit!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.