RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,161 to 29,180 of 37,213 messages
20/04/2013 at 13:38

Congratulations Cooks!

Nice to see you check-in Daren.

Oompa, stick with your normal shorts, all that fabric will annoy you, especially when it's all sweaty and flapping around.

Right, good luck everyone for tomorrow. You've all posted some great, consistent training, there have been some stonking PBs, all hiccups are a thing of the past and you are all going to do brilliantly.

I'll be spectating around mile 7 and hope to make it to Chandos.

20/04/2013 at 13:41
Cooks- congrats - for some reason I can't see your posts and you're not on my ignore list
Simon- I'm sat watching cardiff v burnley with my foot in an ice bucket . Enjoy the sun
Oomp- go with the tried and tested belt and shorts. Good news about the knee
FRC- you look like you mean business in he photo
O4S- I'm a pack and repack person too
Chick - so finished by 11.15 our time?
Free- no need to have doubts. Just do the run
Bro- you're sounding we'll relaxed.
Enjoy your day guys and keep carbo loading
20/04/2013 at 14:11
Congrats Cooks! Picture please.

Freemers - serious self doubt here too yesterday.

Lovely day in London.
20/04/2013 at 14:22
Minni - self doubt yesterday ...confident today....unwavering tomorrow
20/04/2013 at 14:47
2old - what will be will be. It's in the lap if the gods now.

I had a marathon dream last night which was based around the fact I'd forgotten to plait me hair and freemers had gone to the wrong start!
20/04/2013 at 15:42

Boiling hot here today. Hope it cools a little for tomorrow

20/04/2013 at 16:50
Congratulations Cooks!

Have a good race tomorrow everyone.

Was cycling through fulham this afternoon and thought I hope SS isn't getting too hot at the football before I remembered the temps you usually train in.
Scuba Trooper    pirate
20/04/2013 at 17:10

Good luck for tomorrow every one, trust in your training, don't go off to fast and most importantly Don't Be Shit!

20/04/2013 at 17:29
Safely ensconced in our hotel near Canary Wharf. We got an upgrade for some unknown reason so have a monstrous room on the 11th floor looking out over the Docks - we can see the 18 mile marker from the window and passed 30k marker walking from tube. No barriers here yet. Hotel seems to be stuffed with runners and the place is buzzing! More nervous than excited.

Good luck Chick and the boys on the blue start - see the rest of you tomorrow!!
20/04/2013 at 17:31

ooh - a friend working on the event set up has just sent me a pic of the FGFA start (didnt have the heart to say I'm not quite fast enough for that one!) - according to her, Greenwich Park is ready for us!

Weeble - would be lovely to meet you if you make it to Chandos

Becs - you too - please brave the crowds this year if you make it there!

20/04/2013 at 17:55
Chick - all the very best for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Good luck to the boys on blue from me too.

Pasta for tea. Carb loaded all day. Lots of water.
20/04/2013 at 18:08
Hope this works-
http://twitter.com/LondonMarathon/status/325634659377627137/photo/1
20/04/2013 at 18:30

Last post from me until after the event as i've long since chewed my fingernails off and i'm now most of the way through my fingers, so i will be unable to type after this!

Chick - Good luck tomorrow, definitely will be the first of (hopefully) many pb's tomorrow.

2old - Still gutted that you can't make it but on the bright side, having looked at your pic of the green start, it looks a bit grotty, so you're not missing much! 

All the Green start ladies - Go smash it! Good luck, d.b.s, and if not before, i'll see you all in The Chandos to celebrate. 

20/04/2013 at 18:47
Just back from a lovely 3 mile jog in the sunshine.

Conditions are going to be perfect tomorrow

So excited for you all, shall tune in on t.v and try to do online stalking too.

Now you've all carbo loaded to the max, get an early night, I know you'll probably hace a crap sleep due to excitment/nerves but you'll be resting your legs and that is important
20/04/2013 at 19:51
I can't believe how excited I am for you all, I have had withdrawal symptoms all day. I will be on that start line next year! Take care and have a great day

Looking forward to Chicks time already

Congrats cooks
20/04/2013 at 21:03

Best of luck everyone.

Don't be shit!

We'll be tracking your every step. Just remember that when you start thinking about slowing down with 10km to go. 

20/04/2013 at 21:15
Thanks everyone.

Hope all those racing have an amazing time. There will be winners and losers and fate will decide which way we go. We've all trained so hard, maybe too hard at times, so we all deserve to smash those targets. Once again it's been an amazing journey with you all and a real team effort. Thank you all.

Special good luck to Chickadee who is going it alone in Hamburg.

See some of you in Chandos and catch up with the others soon after.

Min x
20/04/2013 at 21:19

Good luck everyone.

Chick- will be thinking of you.

DBS Team Minni!

20/04/2013 at 21:44
Struggling to get on the RW site and this thread especially so I had better wish all of Team Minni - that includes you too Chick-all the best. Have a great race and enjoy every minute -even those moments of pain you have prepared so well for. Lots of PBs required too. Looking forward to reading your stories. Sleep well .DBS!!!!
20/04/2013 at 22:02
Off to bed...nighty night Team Minni....here's to a brilliant and successful day tomorrow
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.