RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,641 to 29,660 of 37,118 messages
27/04/2013 at 09:10

That's the spirit! Everyone here had a slightly different approach to their training and we're all at different levels but we all have the same determination.   Also, we don't mind being total shite from time to time.

27/04/2013 at 09:13

It's great to read about everybody's plans going forward!

Sarah: you definitely have a sub 3:15 in you. I have zero doubts that you will nail it.

Bro: echo what BarryB said. Carrot did really well in Berlin last year on low-ish mileage. And Berlin is a fantastic event. It will be fun to run it with no pressure at all, just work the crowds and enjoy the atmosphere.

col: love your post "there is no distance like the marathon"  Right you are!

wow Spoons: up to 18 miles already! Amazing.

carrot: I think the cross training is really important. I will start doing 2 weekly core sessions and stick to them. I will also have to do more leg strengthening stuff. Thinking of drills and lunges and things like that and hopefully I can persuade Mr. Chick to join a gym in winter so we can train together on 2 or 3 evenings.

Becs: what a brilliant post. Makes me want to hug you. Excellent news from the physio and brilliant you got a place in the Olympic Park Run

CG: you are a TM member already . You are a very strong runner and I'm sure you have a bunch of PBs in you. When I started posting on RW it was people like you, Minni, AA, Sue C (whatever happened to her?) that inspired me. I never thought I was remotely in your league (I was running 4hr maras back then, not really improving greatly). Now I'm thinking about 3:15!

I have just checked the race calendar in my area again ... all I need to do now is to convince Mr. Chick that it's a good idea for me to run a 10k every Sunday in June ...

27/04/2013 at 09:25

Chick - I think Sue C got a back injury a couple of years ago and not sure if she's been back since. 

I filled in my race schedule last night - so many 10ks lined up but they'll mostly be used as hard training runs. 

27/04/2013 at 10:19

2old/becs I've finally got my confirmation email for the Olympic run so see you there!

27/04/2013 at 10:20

Sounds like a world of pain Minni!

Thanks for the kind words Chick. You are an inspiration to me now.

O4S- if 30 miles is just a warm up, how far will you be venturing today?

3:30- I think your fitness will return more quickly than you think. Every little bit counts.

Just taken my 8 year old for her first park run on a pretty hilly course and she ran the entire way without stopping in a time of 34:19. She is now saying she will beat that time next week. Can't think where she gets that from 

27/04/2013 at 10:22

X post - I meant all the 10ks

27/04/2013 at 10:37

1 hour on the turbo,  4 min plank and 50 press ups done. Now off to enjoy the sunshine!

27/04/2013 at 12:53

GO COOKS!!! 

I can feel a sub 3.10 coming.

Minni & 3.30 - I'm guilty of being in the "start January" camp. Normally, get the Spring mara d & d and then let things slip either due to injury recovery or that i just don't like running when it's hot, so don't do as much as i should through the Summer, and then start again in the Autumn, then Christmas gets in the way, etc... etc... yada, yada, yada. 

I am going to make a concerted effort this year to be more consistent with my running mileage as it has clearly worked for you Minni... Just as soon as i recover from this injury!

27/04/2013 at 14:05

and get Christmas out the way Oompa!  

Oompa I don't know if I said how much seeing 'DBS' on the back of your shirt helped me.  I kept focusing on it and saying it over and over in my head.  I think I'm going to get that put on my shirt.

Still thinking about the DBS tattoo! lol

27/04/2013 at 14:26

Minni - As i can't see it on my back, i was thinking of getting it tattood on my knuckles! 

27/04/2013 at 14:31

Minni- Olympic stadium here we come. I hope I'm not hopping it.

Alastair brownlee was very impressive at St Diego. Won easily. Hope I will be running soon. Enjoying my hungover rest today after a head clearing walk around Cardiff Bay

Good weekend all and good running / recovering

27/04/2013 at 17:39

70 miles done on the bike - a hard and undulating first half into a strong, gusty and cold wind, followed by a fast spin down the Severn Estuary with a quartering tail wind. One puncture, 2 brief showers (one with hail), bacon butties and tea at half-way. I think I'll forget all this marathon nonsense for a while 

BA is now moaning gently that his legs are about off fall off,while I studiously ignore him, so some things never change. I produced a pile of 10k entry forms yesterday which he is refusing to look at.........

Might spend tomorrow getting ready for the 100 if he really won't get on the bike. I don't dare go on my own yet as my hand can't cope if I get a puncture.

Oompa I'm like you, don't like running in the heat so do very little over the summer and then always have to start back at the beginning again

27/04/2013 at 18:20

O4S- nice bit of cycling. I'm the other side of the Severn so damn vouch for that wind- bit bracing to say the least 

Oomp/Minni - like the idea of a tatoo...bit like the Ironman one 

27/04/2013 at 18:48

http://webkit-fake-url://FFDD8114-ED05-435D-BF6F-0B960E01F828/imagejpeg

Me & the Cat!

http://webkit-fake-url://5D835A91-E317-4826-BCE8-5B78E56CEA44/imagejpeg

Ever feel like you're being stalked?

GET ME, POSTING PHOTOS ON THE THREAD!

27/04/2013 at 18:50

or not.....

27/04/2013 at 19:06

Oompa unlike the Cheshire Cat yours doesn't even have a grin left.........(or is it just the I-pad?

27/04/2013 at 19:13

Cooks if you read this before tomorrow - have a good strong run

Chick it is good to sometimes look back at what your results used to be, compared with what they are now.  It's exciting when you realise just how much you have improved, and just wonder what else you have in you

CG congrats to your daughter for her first parkrun, sounds like she really enjoyed it!

I've really enjoyed this easy post-marathon week.  Plenty of rest days, a swim and a bike session, a couple of 4 milers, some lunges, plus a meal out with lots of wine on a school night, drinks planned for tomorrow, some beer tonight, no early morning runs to squeeze in, no need for spaghetti for tea (as much as I like spaghetti) - it's like being a normal person for a week!  That said, I'm looking forward to ramping the mileage, the speed sessions and the malt loaf consumption back up

Going through to Sunderland tomorrow with a bunch of runners from the club who are taking part in the 10K, half marathon and full marathon.  We're just going to cheer people on (and maybe have a few drinks)  - plan is to see the half and full go off, see the 10K go off, see the 10K come in, see the marathon runners come past the stadium at 19 miles, then head to a point at about 24/25 miles to encourage the marathon runners a bit more. Maybe take a few photos too, as everyone loves some 'pain face' shots appearing on FB 

27/04/2013 at 19:28

Nooooooooooooo!

It had worked... I saw it on the thread... It's a conspiracy I tell you... RW are trying to make me look IT illiterate!!! 

27/04/2013 at 19:29

... And succeeding

27/04/2013 at 19:37

Lol! 

great conditions for tomorrow Carrot. 

Good luck Cooks. 

2old - what time did you predict for the Olympic run? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.