RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,661 to 29,680 of 36,944 messages
27/04/2013 at 14:05

and get Christmas out the way Oompa!  

Oompa I don't know if I said how much seeing 'DBS' on the back of your shirt helped me.  I kept focusing on it and saying it over and over in my head.  I think I'm going to get that put on my shirt.

Still thinking about the DBS tattoo! lol

27/04/2013 at 14:26

Minni - As i can't see it on my back, i was thinking of getting it tattood on my knuckles! 

27/04/2013 at 14:31

Minni- Olympic stadium here we come. I hope I'm not hopping it.

Alastair brownlee was very impressive at St Diego. Won easily. Hope I will be running soon. Enjoying my hungover rest today after a head clearing walk around Cardiff Bay

Good weekend all and good running / recovering

27/04/2013 at 17:39

70 miles done on the bike - a hard and undulating first half into a strong, gusty and cold wind, followed by a fast spin down the Severn Estuary with a quartering tail wind. One puncture, 2 brief showers (one with hail), bacon butties and tea at half-way. I think I'll forget all this marathon nonsense for a while 

BA is now moaning gently that his legs are about off fall off,while I studiously ignore him, so some things never change. I produced a pile of 10k entry forms yesterday which he is refusing to look at.........

Might spend tomorrow getting ready for the 100 if he really won't get on the bike. I don't dare go on my own yet as my hand can't cope if I get a puncture.

Oompa I'm like you, don't like running in the heat so do very little over the summer and then always have to start back at the beginning again

27/04/2013 at 18:20

O4S- nice bit of cycling. I'm the other side of the Severn so damn vouch for that wind- bit bracing to say the least 

Oomp/Minni - like the idea of a tatoo...bit like the Ironman one 

27/04/2013 at 18:48

http://webkit-fake-url://FFDD8114-ED05-435D-BF6F-0B960E01F828/imagejpeg

Me & the Cat!

http://webkit-fake-url://5D835A91-E317-4826-BCE8-5B78E56CEA44/imagejpeg

Ever feel like you're being stalked?

GET ME, POSTING PHOTOS ON THE THREAD!

27/04/2013 at 18:50

or not.....

27/04/2013 at 19:06

Oompa unlike the Cheshire Cat yours doesn't even have a grin left.........(or is it just the I-pad?

27/04/2013 at 19:13

Cooks if you read this before tomorrow - have a good strong run

Chick it is good to sometimes look back at what your results used to be, compared with what they are now.  It's exciting when you realise just how much you have improved, and just wonder what else you have in you

CG congrats to your daughter for her first parkrun, sounds like she really enjoyed it!

I've really enjoyed this easy post-marathon week.  Plenty of rest days, a swim and a bike session, a couple of 4 milers, some lunges, plus a meal out with lots of wine on a school night, drinks planned for tomorrow, some beer tonight, no early morning runs to squeeze in, no need for spaghetti for tea (as much as I like spaghetti) - it's like being a normal person for a week!  That said, I'm looking forward to ramping the mileage, the speed sessions and the malt loaf consumption back up

Going through to Sunderland tomorrow with a bunch of runners from the club who are taking part in the 10K, half marathon and full marathon.  We're just going to cheer people on (and maybe have a few drinks)  - plan is to see the half and full go off, see the 10K go off, see the 10K come in, see the marathon runners come past the stadium at 19 miles, then head to a point at about 24/25 miles to encourage the marathon runners a bit more. Maybe take a few photos too, as everyone loves some 'pain face' shots appearing on FB 

27/04/2013 at 19:28

Nooooooooooooo!

It had worked... I saw it on the thread... It's a conspiracy I tell you... RW are trying to make me look IT illiterate!!! 

27/04/2013 at 19:29

... And succeeding

27/04/2013 at 19:37

Lol! 

great conditions for tomorrow Carrot. 

Good luck Cooks. 

2old - what time did you predict for the Olympic run? 

27/04/2013 at 20:15

Go Cooks! 

DBS

27/04/2013 at 21:03

Good luck for tomorrow Cooks!!!

27/04/2013 at 21:32

Good luck Cooks!

27/04/2013 at 21:36

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/team_minni.jpg?width=350

Randon man, Minni, O4S, Carrot, Freemers, KFC, AA

(randon man was a friend of Carrots).

27/04/2013 at 21:47

Minni that mileage shows real dedication. Lot of early starts and cold winter days. Respect!  As you say consistency is key but different ways for all, 20 milers clearly important regardless of mileage, 8-9 for you?

Hard to tell when marathon training started, November, December, even October? Main rule for me, Sunday long run must be done.

BecsA great that Physio working, you will be back soon.

CG - never dissed the thread! Elsewhere, someone moaned at my posting numbers & splits and talking too much about running, Hence my sarcastic remark to them. Funny when I logged on, like bloody Agatha Christie  

SS will dig iPad guide out. Easier to type post in notes app or evernote and then paste it in.

O4S please look after yourself.

2old, did you read the mileage article? Oh, and Never 0-6 coming today against NewU. Now who was the Mackem here to celebrate with, Carrot?

Brownlee brothers are running again tomorrow, 10k with Jonny Mellor running too, he organised those running camps I did. Should be interesting, scary fast 28-ish min 10k likely.

Lazy day, done sweet FA. Shopping for Holiday clothes, will be in 30-35 degree temp this time next week..can't wait. Brol no going near the airport please or hurricanes. No pasta for tea tonight either, bliss .

Go Cooks! 

Edited: 27/04/2013 at 21:49
27/04/2013 at 22:05

FRC: Mr O4S is the other Macken and don't worry I'll start taking care of myself one of these days

Oompa we believe you...............

27/04/2013 at 22:06

And good luck cooks!!

27/04/2013 at 23:25

Cooks - Good luck for Manchester mara, at least the weather will be better this year.

SS - you can download a free iPad guide from the App Store, and save it in your iBooks.

Minni - Another nice TM photo

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.