27/04/2013 at 20:15

Go Cooks! 

DBS

27/04/2013 at 21:03

Good luck for tomorrow Cooks!!!

27/04/2013 at 21:32

Good luck Cooks!

27/04/2013 at 21:36

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/team_minni.jpg?width=350

Randon man, Minni, O4S, Carrot, Freemers, KFC, AA

(randon man was a friend of Carrots).

27/04/2013 at 21:47

Minni that mileage shows real dedication. Lot of early starts and cold winter days. Respect!  As you say consistency is key but different ways for all, 20 milers clearly important regardless of mileage, 8-9 for you?

Hard to tell when marathon training started, November, December, even October? Main rule for me, Sunday long run must be done.

BecsA great that Physio working, you will be back soon.

CG - never dissed the thread! Elsewhere, someone moaned at my posting numbers & splits and talking too much about running, Hence my sarcastic remark to them. Funny when I logged on, like bloody Agatha Christie  

SS will dig iPad guide out. Easier to type post in notes app or evernote and then paste it in.

O4S please look after yourself.

2old, did you read the mileage article? Oh, and Never 0-6 coming today against NewU. Now who was the Mackem here to celebrate with, Carrot?

Brownlee brothers are running again tomorrow, 10k with Jonny Mellor running too, he organised those running camps I did. Should be interesting, scary fast 28-ish min 10k likely.

Lazy day, done sweet FA. Shopping for Holiday clothes, will be in 30-35 degree temp this time next week..can't wait. Brol no going near the airport please or hurricanes. No pasta for tea tonight either, bliss .

Go Cooks! 

Edited: 27/04/2013 at 21:49
27/04/2013 at 22:05

FRC: Mr O4S is the other Macken and don't worry I'll start taking care of myself one of these days

Oompa we believe you...............

27/04/2013 at 22:06

And good luck cooks!!

27/04/2013 at 23:25

Cooks - Good luck for Manchester mara, at least the weather will be better this year.

SS - you can download a free iPad guide from the App Store, and save it in your iBooks.

Minni - Another nice TM photo

28/04/2013 at 07:24

Good luck to Oompa trying to post photos too

Bike time Simon?

Go cooks ! 9am start.

Edited: 28/04/2013 at 07:25
28/04/2013 at 09:00

O4s: 70 miles on the bike! Jeepers! I did 90 mins yesterday and thought that was plenty ...

Best of luck to cooks!!

I wrote DBS and HTFU on my pace band last Sunday. And I kept reciting both as my mantra over and over again over those painful final 12k.

Although my quads hurt like hell this time around I had zero calf cramps. I've had those in every marathon towards the final stages making it impossible to speed up. I wore really tight compression socks this time which must have helped. Putting them on is a hard workout in itself . Once they are on they fit perfectly though and I completely forgot I wore them. Until I looked at my race pics ...   never a good look, compression socks

Pesky quad pain seems to have eased a lot since yesterday. I ran yesterday (only 2.5 miles) and couldn't feel it. Can get up normally now without wanting to scream out loud. Going for an easy 3 miles in a moment and Mr. Chick and I are planning another 2 hour bike ride for the afternoon. Well, it will be an hour to the airfield to watch the gliders, have some coffee and ice-cream and then cycle back.

28/04/2013 at 09:06

Chick - glad its easing but don't  be frightened to take another few days off! 

Did you make your own pace band? I had a lucozade one and its impossible to read them once they get get and creased later in the race. I must remember to make my own next time.

Conditions are looking great for Cooks.  I sent him a good luck text from us all. 

28/04/2013 at 10:10

Things are getting desperate here - BA is cleaning the bathroom to avoid having to get back on his bike 

Cold is still getting worse so have binned my plan to run instead of cycling, might even   have to start on one of the tax returns.................

I suppose cooks will be nearly half way round by now!

Anyone know what time the ballot opens tomorrow? BA needs to get his name in but I have decided that they aren't going to tighten my category by more than 15 minutes AND reduce the time limit in which you have to run it, so I should be OK. A week earlier next year will suit us well, giving us 3 weeks before the 100 miler rather than 2.

28/04/2013 at 10:39

Minni - Looking at your mara training that is  a lot of 20 milers which makes a big difference to your endurance and as you say  your all year training means you can go straight into the long runs rather than building up.

Becs - Good news on your running.

First run since VLM this morning, seems like more than a week ago, OH wanted  to start running again after her foot op so a gentle run with her of just over a mile.

Not sure what time the ballot opens, closed within 3 days last year but I think it will be quicker this year. I''ll be entering the ballot and if I don't get in it will be Paris for me and I think it's on the same day as London.

28/04/2013 at 10:40

Minni - I make my own pace bands in excel and cover them in sellotape so they are always readable.

Pilates this morning, st Georges day march with the cubs is afternoon, MLR this evening....

28/04/2013 at 12:05

Marathon entry ballot open tomororrow or I pressume from midnight tonight

But I pressume most of you here have good for age.

28/04/2013 at 12:51

O4S - did BA not get a GFA this year?

Barry - how did the calf feel? 

No idea what time the ballot opens. Probably midnight. 

First post marathon run this morning.  4 really gentle miles along the river with the dog.  Everything feels in order. 

28/04/2013 at 13:00

Minni:  BA missed the GFA this year and because he had to defer last year [with his broken ankle] his time is no longer valid.  He doesn't really know if he wants to do it again next year, but if he doesn't try the ballot he will be regretting it in a few months I suspect.

28/04/2013 at 13:40

hope you raced well today, Cooks! Can't wait to hear about it.

oompa, loving the non-photos 

Went for my first post-VLM run today, whoop whoop! An easy 3 miler in gloriously sunny countryside, loved it! Calves tight and hip giving me a little grief, though, but nothing serious. I am definitely going to be pool running for the next few weeks and working on S&C and core just to give my body a chance to settle down. My aim is to take it easy over the next few months on the running front and work hard on spin and one longer run per week. Then pick up the training around August and marathon training starts in September. Dubai marathon is at the end of Jan. 

Flying back to the heat today. Have had a blast this week!!

28/04/2013 at 14:39

Hi gang,

wonder how Cooks got on?

Great to read that you are all getting back into it gently. Minni, interesting reading back thru your marathon training and to think you did most of that in proper crappy weather, huge respect!

Had, what I hope is a break therough with my running today. did 9 miles progressive, started off really slowly to loosen up from spin yesterday, finished the last 4 miles in 08:53, 08:40,08:17, 07:59.  first time I felt confident enough to let the hand brake off and go with the flow, mainly bc I knew I was going to the physio after. Tried a new physio at the gym, anf she 

28/04/2013 at 14:42

was brillant. Thinks my knee problem is being caused by my flatish feet and has suggested changing running shoes to ones with better arche support. she gave the i.t bands a good going over and has sent me home with a series of exercises to do. hopefully it will be onwards + upwards from here

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.