RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,681 to 29,700 of 37,335 messages
28/04/2013 at 15:49

That's all great news Kiwi.

I've had a text from Cookster. He's unable to post from his phone but asked me to pass on he did...wait for it....3:08!

Thanks everyone for their support and sounds mega happy (as you would be!).

Well done Cooks!

28/04/2013 at 16:14

That sounds very optimistic Kiwi and a solid run under your belt

3:30 - I shall be taking my chances with the ballot although my main focus is a GFA in October for 2015

Spoons - Sounds like a busy day (accidently typed busty then but luckily noticed!)

Good news on your quad Chick. Enjoy the bike ride and the ice cream

O4S - Good luck in getting BA out on another stint on the bike.

Seems like longer than a week ago when you all ran so well in London!

5 miles for me today and was supposed to run 3 home from work but forgot my trainers. 36 miles for the week so not a bad start.

28/04/2013 at 16:15

Wow - well done Cooks!  Guess we'll be seeing him on green next year too then!

Balfron 10k done in 44:41 - a VERY undulating course so extremely happy with that - nearly a minute faster than my badly paced flat 10k 4 weeks ago!  Legs felt good too for the first post marathon run.  Think I must have raced some speed into my legs over the last month, so I think its time to start hunting for pbs again!

28/04/2013 at 16:18

Brilliant kfc and so soon after London!

CG great start indeed.  I bet that's the hightst mileage on the thread this week too!

28/04/2013 at 16:19

Well done kfc. Goes to show how important pacing is. Have you any more 10ks in the pipeline?

28/04/2013 at 16:40

kfc -  Very nice 10K especially so soon after London.

Kiwi - Great news.

Cooks -  Congrats, very impressive  racing. Gives 2old something to aim for .

Minni - Sore.

28/04/2013 at 17:21

Cooks - 3:08? Amazing time well done

Kiwi - great news and great running

28/04/2013 at 17:22

KFC - brilliant 10km well done. Get racing and smash those PBs.

28/04/2013 at 17:26

great stuff, kfc! I couldn't have raced a 10k today, no way

Brilliant result for cooks

I got my pace band at the Expo - it was made form some rubbery material where they stuck a label on showing the splits for 5, 10, 15 etc. I squeezed DBS and HTFU next to the label

28/04/2013 at 18:22

KFC - brilliant 10km, a week after running a marathon, you are a nutter

Cooks - awesome time, well done!!

28/04/2013 at 19:36

Cooks- brilliant marathon - pity I still can't see your posts. 

Minni- I put 32mins for the race though I won't go it that fast just thought it may help avoid the crowds . Good to see your run went well 

Kiwi- great 10k

FRC- interesting article. My sweet spot is now my sore sspotted-

Red- how did your run go? is the Achilles ok ?

200 mile drive after marathon eating and drinking weekend. Hope I can run soon 

28/04/2013 at 20:10

8.5 mile run done on the trails. One of those strange ones where it felt great and I thought I was flying along but actually I was only doing 9:30 pace

28/04/2013 at 20:22

2old - cooks rarely posts!  He is too busy with babies etc but I know he appreciated our good vibes.

I put down 33 mins so hopefully we'll be in the same wave.

Chick - I'm going to do that next time - great idea!

Spoons - pace doesn't matter so long as you felt as though you were flying.

28/04/2013 at 20:35

Minni- I was starting to get paranoid about Cooks posts thanks. Fingers crossed I make the start of the race. 

Spoons- if it feels fast it is And it will only get faster 

what time does the VLM ballot open. Is everyone going to rely on their GFA timeno remaining unchanged?

28/04/2013 at 20:40

Wow, Cooks, that's awesome!!!  So pleased for you. 

KFC, nutter!!! Great racing, couldn't have smashed out a 10k today if my life had depended on it!

Kiwi, that sounds like brilliant physio progress 

Chick, I'm a home made pace band kinda girl. I am so sad, I print out two little charts, one for each half of the race, laminate them with Sellotape and highlight alternate miles in blue for first half, pink for second half. I pin them to the bottom of my shirt so I can easily see them 

spoons, sounds like you enjoyed a brilliant run! Well done you. 

Enjoying some last red wine before catching the flight back to the desert. Had the best week ever, PB, loads raised for charity, wonderful time catching up with friends. April has been amazing!!! 

28/04/2013 at 21:54

Safe journey back SS

28/04/2013 at 22:13

Fantastic Cooks.

I'm amazed that you did a 10k so soon after the marathon kfc. Sounds v promising  for the summer. 

28/04/2013 at 22:17

Cooks - That's brilliant, cus it was pretty windy up here in the Norrh West today.

kfc - Great 10k time on a hilly course.

115mile in 8:13 of cycling, about 9hrs all together. The weather was awful up in The Trough of Bowland, got soaking wet, gale force winds, and pretty bleak. Changed my route and headed home after 75m. Got changed into some dry kit, a bite to eat and a hot drink, and back out for another 40m. A tough day, I was thinking if its like this in Manchester, Cooks is going to struggle, but obviously not.

28/04/2013 at 22:22

Simon- didn't you suffer terrible conditions a year ago doing the Manchester marathon ? Not much better in bowland so that was an amazing effort today

SS- looks like you are taking the sun home with you. Safe journey

28/04/2013 at 22:42

2old - Yes Manchester mara and MK last year was awful. The big difference was last year it was freezing cold on the day ,as well as windy and rainy. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.