RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

29,701 to 29,720 of 36,999 messages
28/04/2013 at 17:26

great stuff, kfc! I couldn't have raced a 10k today, no way

Brilliant result for cooks

I got my pace band at the Expo - it was made form some rubbery material where they stuck a label on showing the splits for 5, 10, 15 etc. I squeezed DBS and HTFU next to the label

28/04/2013 at 18:22

KFC - brilliant 10km, a week after running a marathon, you are a nutter

Cooks - awesome time, well done!!

28/04/2013 at 19:36

Cooks- brilliant marathon - pity I still can't see your posts. 

Minni- I put 32mins for the race though I won't go it that fast just thought it may help avoid the crowds . Good to see your run went well 

Kiwi- great 10k

FRC- interesting article. My sweet spot is now my sore sspotted-

Red- how did your run go? is the Achilles ok ?

200 mile drive after marathon eating and drinking weekend. Hope I can run soon 

28/04/2013 at 20:10

8.5 mile run done on the trails. One of those strange ones where it felt great and I thought I was flying along but actually I was only doing 9:30 pace

28/04/2013 at 20:22

2old - cooks rarely posts!  He is too busy with babies etc but I know he appreciated our good vibes.

I put down 33 mins so hopefully we'll be in the same wave.

Chick - I'm going to do that next time - great idea!

Spoons - pace doesn't matter so long as you felt as though you were flying.

28/04/2013 at 20:35

Minni- I was starting to get paranoid about Cooks posts thanks. Fingers crossed I make the start of the race. 

Spoons- if it feels fast it is And it will only get faster 

what time does the VLM ballot open. Is everyone going to rely on their GFA timeno remaining unchanged?

28/04/2013 at 20:40

Wow, Cooks, that's awesome!!!  So pleased for you. 

KFC, nutter!!! Great racing, couldn't have smashed out a 10k today if my life had depended on it!

Kiwi, that sounds like brilliant physio progress 

Chick, I'm a home made pace band kinda girl. I am so sad, I print out two little charts, one for each half of the race, laminate them with Sellotape and highlight alternate miles in blue for first half, pink for second half. I pin them to the bottom of my shirt so I can easily see them 

spoons, sounds like you enjoyed a brilliant run! Well done you. 

Enjoying some last red wine before catching the flight back to the desert. Had the best week ever, PB, loads raised for charity, wonderful time catching up with friends. April has been amazing!!! 

28/04/2013 at 21:54

Safe journey back SS

28/04/2013 at 22:13

Fantastic Cooks.

I'm amazed that you did a 10k so soon after the marathon kfc. Sounds v promising  for the summer. 

28/04/2013 at 22:17

Cooks - That's brilliant, cus it was pretty windy up here in the Norrh West today.

kfc - Great 10k time on a hilly course.

115mile in 8:13 of cycling, about 9hrs all together. The weather was awful up in The Trough of Bowland, got soaking wet, gale force winds, and pretty bleak. Changed my route and headed home after 75m. Got changed into some dry kit, a bite to eat and a hot drink, and back out for another 40m. A tough day, I was thinking if its like this in Manchester, Cooks is going to struggle, but obviously not.

28/04/2013 at 22:22

Simon- didn't you suffer terrible conditions a year ago doing the Manchester marathon ? Not much better in bowland so that was an amazing effort today

SS- looks like you are taking the sun home with you. Safe journey

28/04/2013 at 22:42

2old - Yes Manchester mara and MK last year was awful. The big difference was last year it was freezing cold on the day ,as well as windy and rainy. 

28/04/2013 at 22:54

After all the races I done over they years I kept all the times( along with about 5 years of training records) on excel spreadsheets and had backed them up to a floppy disc (dinosaur technology) my computer crashed so after searching for ages found someone with a floppy drive and managed to get them put onto my new PC

This was about 4 years ago before we moved to Scotland. Since then yet another PC crashed and I lost the lot about 2 years ago but wasnt bothered much but its been bugging me loosing all that info and London Times.

But remembered the old PC was in garage so took out hard drive and found someone who can get the info off !!

Not much of a story but I am so pleased can get basically my running history back, sorry to bore you but I am well chuffed !!

28/04/2013 at 23:00

3.30- sometimes a paper log has its merits! What else are you going to rediscover on that hard drive?

Simon- hell of a good session today - even if it wasn't freezing today 

29/04/2013 at 00:10

I should be in bed, but just tried VLM entry for 2014, but still not open. So will try in the morning

29/04/2013 at 00:21

Simon- it's open now and it looks like they've made it easier for oldies like me to enter with a GFA. 

Minn- go get a sub 1.30 HM and get a championship start for VLM .

AA- youve got one already Haven't you? 

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 00:22
29/04/2013 at 00:51

Simon great bike miles - We were in Lakes today, cold, wet and not fun. Will definitely be sponsoring you. 

Kfc great 10k 7 days after vlm. hope the legs are okay, rest now or more races planned?

Speedsheep, will dig some bits out for you. Download app called AppStart. Good guide on everything, and recommended apps. Lots of good tips.

Spoons, nothing wrong with 9:30mm pace on trail. Most of my long runs last year for sub 3:30 were at that pace and bliss, keeps your ankles and legs in way better shape than road.

Cooks, stonking time at Manchester.

Re marathon training, mileage, program and times achieved.

My club pal mentioned before who I helped train for first marathon last year (3:37) ran today too. He did all the short club races and XC that I ducked out off and massively improved Feb. Ran a 1:24 half in March and 4-6 milers races at sub 37-38 min 10k range. Scary speeds. Some good long runs in, I honestly expected sub 3:15, 3:10 or below.

Blew out with a 3:24, legs cramping at 20 miles. I'm predicting the future, Minni will say not enough miles and endurance

29/04/2013 at 06:15

Definitely FRC!

New GFA up and I think we're all ok, although cooks might not get in with his 3:08 if he's under 30. 

Just as well we're  all of the more mature type on here.

29/04/2013 at 06:31

Simon, the ballot opened at about 00:14, just as your head hit the pillow I suspect. Hope it's still open for you this morning.

29/04/2013 at 06:34

Simon - That is a long way in crap weather, good effort.

Ballot entered, they've changed the GFA a little, good to see they've made it easier for the over 50 men but won't help me for another 3 years.

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 06:35
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.